Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

Actually, the Bachelorette or Bachelor have not been on DWTS that often so it would have been more of a surprise if she had (despite the obvious tie-in).  I believe it has only been Trista, Jake, Sean, and Melissa so far.

And the only one who did well was Melissa. And she was only cast (a) at the last minute to replace an injured Nancy O'Dell, and (b) because Jason dumped her on ATFR. Trista was the first person to be eliminated in the first season, Jake was a raging asshole to his partner, and Sean was just meh.

Right. It's by no means a given that the Bachelor/ette will be on DWtS. His or her NOT being cast doesn't necessarily mean that much.

I'm surprised it's only been Sean, Melissa (twice), Jake and Trista.  It certainly seems like more.  Maybe it's because they tend to show Bachelor(ette)s and their "winners" in the audience.

Nevertheless, at least for the last several seasons, at the end of each Bachelor(ette) season, as the new season of DWTS is approaching, the "star" and/or "winner" from TB is almost always in the discussion mix.  I do think the cross-promotional aspects of the shows have grown.

I think Juan was a shoe-in for DWTS if he hadn't revealed himself to be who he is.  And given who they've cast this season (especially given their penchant for "reality stars") I still think the fact that they passed over Andi says something.  I suppose we'll have to wait and see whether she shows up in the audience.

That's sad for the family, Aaron had the entire family and his fiancee's except Josh there for his proposal.  They took group family photos together after. The fact Josh wasn't present showed for sure something was going on. 

Goodness knows I am no fan of Andi's but I take anything from that site with a huge grain of salt. All you have to do is look at some of the related stories they've written about them. Now if US Weekly starts reporting on this, I'll be convinced. That said, I will say it is odd that they were both silent about Josh's brother's engagement. That is definitely surprising. 

Actually, speaking of Andi and Josh and US Weekly, the last story they had about them, was about Halloween where they dressed up as Katniss and Gale from the Hunger Games (and I thought of course, Andi, Ms. all about a "real man" is Team Gale). The funniest part of the story was that apparently only three kids came to their door the entire night. I took it as a sign that even the neighborhood kids can't stand Andi. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
The funniest part of the story was that apparently only three kids came to their door the entire night. I took it as a sign that even the neighborhood kids can't stand Andi.

Maybe she just lives in the kind of neighborhood where there aren't many kids of trick-or-treating age. I live in one like that, and there were only two or three kids trick-or-treating around here. But that's not mutually exclusive with people not liking Andi. 

• Love 2

Well if I read the story accurately, Andi was the one who tweeted that only 3 kids showed up. The story was actually about their Halloween costume (it was a feature about what the stars wore for Halloween and yes I use the word star very loosely in regards to Andi and Josh) and there was just a comment at the end referencing her tweet.

Stevie Wonder saw that coming.  I believe it was over the moment Josh found out that she slept with Nick, but they had contractual obligations.  I guess their appearance on The Bachelor Red Carpet Premier show was the end of the contract. 

• Love 3

I'm just shocked about Andi and Josh. Shocked, I tell you! <insert eyeroll here>

That does explain the weird nervous back rub at the live show. Andi was probably just trying to remind him "shhh don't say anything yet" over and over, in case he was too clueless to remember.

• Love 1

Just saw an interview with Brian from Andi's season. He was one of the MANY who was at the live premiere thing and hung out with Josh the Sunday before the premiere, and he pretty much confirms what many already knew, things were pretty much over before they walked that red carpet acting like marriage was even still a possibility. Brian said Josh said to him that Sunday that he didn't really know if he could do it anymore, which sort of lends credence to the speculation that Josh is the one who did the dumping. As I said when the news broke, couldn't have happened to a nicer woman. 

• Love 2

Good. She is not a nice person and I bet her nasty attitude had a lot to do with it. Josh seems like a sweet guy, not very smart, but nice and happy enough. I bet his family is relieved. Andi has been on social media silence but I did see she favorited a tweet about a fan wishing her and Josh the best in this hard time but she hid her favorites. Josh is back on social media with a pic of his cute dog but they both have all their pics together for the time being. Josh, you dodged a huge bullet. I'm sure Andi will be the first to run to People magazine to sell her side.

Cheers to them. Desiree and Chris got married this weekend.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/desiree-hartsock-chris-siegfried-married-wedding-details-2015181

Oh and the best part, Reality Steve got wrong info again (remember how he botched up the ending of that season), insisting that the wedding was going to be next weekend. I wonder if the show will find some way to show some parts of the wedding maybe at the ATFR.

Because this is the first Bachelor franchise couple that got married without a television wedding but I can't see the show just not acknowledging their wedding at all. Especially with the Andi and Josh mess, I'm sure they'd love to boast another couple that made it to the altar.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Granted, maybe the ratings aren't very high, but I would think acceptable enough to replace their weakest timeslot for a week just to get the positive press on the few--and far between--Bachelor/ette success stories. I've seen comments on this board/The Bachelor board implying that the show snubbed them on a televised wedding. Has there been any press/published rumors on that--or has this all been speculation? For instance, FireFoxy's post above makes sense if the vendors who usually supply the free product-placed wedding stuff all decided that it's not worth the advertising. (I can't imagine that the network actually pays for much of anything.) Or did Des and Chris want a private ceremony so that they could truly PLAN their own wedding--and not just take whatever 3 choices of everything that they were given by the pre-selected vendors/wedding planner--as well as control what to have in the press, etc.? I mean just the way Sean and Catherine had to endure a countdown to the honeymoon--complete with a live stream of the bed and ending with an overdub of train whistles and hooting animals(!!!)--would have been enough for me to say, Ya know what, we got this ourselves, ABC! Yet, it was very odd that they weren't featured heavily on The Bachelor red carpet event if they were only a couple of weeks away from getting married! It DOES seem like either the show snubbed them or they snubbed the show. Has Reality Steve at least chimed in on this one?

• Love 1

I'm happy for them and especially happy that it wasn't some big televised event. I don't know if they were snubbed or vice versa, but I'm thinking they probably really didn't want their venue, dress, food, cake, etc. etc. chosen by Twitter tweets (or whatever they would've come up with to 'involve' the audience).

• Love 1
Has Reality Steve at least chimed in on this one?

He is the one who said the producers weren't interested in televising their wedding. According to his gossip, the producers strung them along for awhile with regards to a televised wedding, which is part of the reason they held off on getting married. But sometime last year, I remember it was after Andi's season, he stated emphatically that they were not going to give them a televised wedding and I think he did say it was because the producers didn't think they were interesting or popular enough and at the time alluded to the fact that the producers were far more interested in Andi and Josh and were definitely going to give them a televised wedding.

Now how much of that is true, who knows. I do think months later, he changed his tune slightly and started talking about the televised weddings just not being lucrative for ABC and the producers and that might have been why it was not an option for Des and Chris. In any case, doesn't matter because judging by their exclusive with US Weekly (the reason there has been zero pictures of the wedding is that US Weekly is going to exclusively feature it in their next issue), I'm guessing they probably had some deal with them that paid for most of the wedding. 

As for my comment above about the show acknowledging it or showing something, I certainly don't think they'll show the full wedding but as I said I can't imagine them ignoring it completely, especially with the latest failure of Andi and Josh. So I can definitely see Chris and Des coming on for ATFR to talk about the wedding and maybe just showing some home video type footage of the day. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

Or did Des and Chris want a private ceremony so that they could truly PLAN their own wedding--and not just take whatever 3 choices of everything that they were given by the pre-selected vendors/wedding planner--as well as control what to have in the press, etc.?

It's hard to imagine they said thanks but no thanks to abc. Des's family has no money and Chris's probably would have been happy to let the network foot the bill. Whatever they got from US Weekly couldn't been that much, either; magazines only spend the big bucks on wedding and baby photos from legit big-name couples.

I feel bad for them. They really got the shaft from ABC and ironically they are one of their success stories that had little to no drama and seem truly happy. I hope that they got the money to foot the bill, they deserved a televised wedding.

Whatever they got from US Weekly couldn't been that much, either; magazines only spend the big bucks on wedding and baby photos from legit big-name couples.

Depends on what one considers "that much." Those big names get upwards of millions for those exclusives. So sure, Chris and Des wouldn't get the how many millions Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt got for their wedding exclusive but something like a 500,000 or even 250,000 pay day is no little chunk of change and one is more than capable of having a beautiful wedding from that. By all accounts, it doesn't sound like the wedding was too extravagant. Her dress wasn't some huge designer and word is she worked with whoever it was on creating it. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

I feel bad for them. They really got the shaft from ABC and ironically they are one of their success stories that had little to no drama and seem truly happy. I hope that they got the money to foot the bill, they deserved a televised wedding.

(Bolded by me) - why?  You don't like them?  ;)

I agree, I like them as a couple and I consider them one of the better success stories. I hope that they had the wedding they wanted - if it was paid for, even better, but I am hoping they didn't even want it televised.

• Love 2

I saw some of the wedding pictures on Yahoo.  Des looked beautiful and Chris was his usual handsome self.  I like the dress she wore for the reception, but then again I prefer blush to white.  I noticed Ali and Brooks among the guests.  That's right.  Brooks was there.  Awkward!

I think Brooks being there may be more awkward to viewers of the show than the people involved. This was always something that bothered me when even a year after Chris and Des were together, I would still see comments about how she really loved Brooks and just settled for Chris. Obviously, Des had feelings for Brooks and he is the one who walked away but the fact is Des had feelings for Brooks while caught up in the Bachelor/ette bubble. It's like JP who is married to Ashley said, the real dating and real relationship starts when the show wraps up which is why so many of these people don't make it in the real world.

My point is, I found it interesting that so many seemed to believe Des was completely and absolutely in love with Brooks, to the point that a year later or so she was probably still pining even though Des basically at best knew Brooks for few weeks and some hours. Yet after a year of living with and being in a committed relationship with Chris, her feelings for him still couldn't be real. It was impossible that she'd truly fallen in love with him and was still pining for Brooks, the guy she spent barely any time with. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6

Des looks gorgeous! I know Daniella was a bridesmaid and Amy, one of the show's producers, was also a bm. I think Jackie Parr was there too. I wonder if Jason and Molly made it. They are really close. We'll see who was there.

chocolatine, Please see below.  I hope I did it right.

http://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/Desiree-Hartsock-Wedding-Pictures-36634594

Thank you! Looks like it was a stylish wedding without going overboard. And since this wasn't a televised wedding where ABC/Fleiss control the guest list, I think Brooks was there because Des and Chris wanted him there, so if having him there is not awkward for them, it shouldn't be awkward for anyone else.

• Love 2

I always saw the connection between Des and Chris from the first time he stepped out the limo. Yes she got swept aways by her attraction to Brooks, but there was just this sense of complete happiness and calm when she was with Chris. They reminded me of Trista/Ryan vs. Trista/Charlie. It doesn't surprise me that they made it after the show. 

I spy Zak Wedell and Michael the lawyer there too. 

Des looks beautiful! I absolutely love her reception dress. Congrats to the happy couple, and an even bigger congrats for staying away from the Bachelor "family" and just living their lives, all in all.

• Love 2

After watching the horrible tackiness that was the "grown sexy" wedding of Sean and Catherine, I am glad for Des and Chris that ABC didn't have any part of their day. Sure, it is nice to be "wanted" and "courted" by a network and have money thrown at you for your wedding, but I thought what ABC did for Sean and Catherine was completely embarrassing.  

Des and Chris will have beautiful memories. I think Chris is even a better catch than Sean.   Congrats to Des and Chris!

• Love 6

Des looks gorgeous! I know Daniella was a bridesmaid and Amy, one of the show's producers, was also a bm. I think Jackie Parr was there too. I wonder if Jason and Molly made it. They are really close. We'll see who was there.

According to an article on Yahoo:  "The event was attended by former Bachelorette Ali Fedotowsky and her current boyfriend Kevin Manno, Jason and Molly Mesnick, Bachelorette producer Elan Gale, as well as Brooks Forester and Michael Garofola, who were both contestants on Desiree's season. Tsao Hernandez a contestant from Andi Dorfman's season was the DJ."

I actually loved the second one more than the first, but I'm not a fan of big dramatic wedding dresses. That said, she looked gorgeous in both and I can see why she went for something so classic and simple for the reception - easier to move around in.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

I believe it was a "money-saving" thing.  For the past few years, I’ve noticed a trend with regards to weddings.  More and more couples are choosing to get married on Fridays and Sundays, because those days are far less expensive than a Saturday.  A Sunday followed by a national holiday on Monday tends to be a very popular day.

I posted this over on The Bachelor's forum in Week 3's episode discussion but it's relevant to Des and Chris. 

Matt White, the singer who serenaded Des and Chris during a one-on-one date with his song "Love and Affection", which was also used for their engagement montage, surprised Des during their wedding to sing that song to them. He also sang at JP and Ashley's wedding.

https://twitter.com/mattwhitemusic/status/558358053540888578