Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E10: Muse On The Street

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

I dunno.  To me Posen seems to have gotten meaner and meaner each season he's in.  I don't perceive him as any nicer than Kors ever was--at least at this point.

I agree with the first half, but disagree with the second.  I think he's still trying to be helpful.  Actually, he has gotten nicer as this season has gone on, I feel like.

• Love 3

I don't think it was fair that Char got an extra ten minutes. Either give them all ten more minutes or stuff some cloth along the model's side to cover her up and leave the zipper as is. If Char can't sew a zipper bottom (Zac said "zippers break" but it looked to me that Char failed to get it done on time) then that's her problem.  Char blaming it on the model was just low class.  It wasn't the model's fault Char can't throw a few loops of thread around the bottom of a zipper.  Others had been penalized for being unfinished, so should she.

I think the models were plants.  Some professional models don't have to be unusually pretty or exotic, there is a category of real world models who look like everyday people.

Ah, Michael Kors.  He annoyed me in the past but now I miss the Great Pumpkin.  I like Zac but Michael brought that special spray-tan something.

The "where are they, they're late" discussion at panel with Tim running in out of breath to half-explain was so fake I couldn't help but laugh.

Rooting for Kini to win it all. I love what he does.

Ah, the glory that is Face Off.  As a few of us pointed out it was hard to imagine a judge competition episode on any other reality competition show that would come off as beautifully

That is one of my favorite reality show episodes ever.  It was done so perfectly.  Just wonderful.

Edited by GreyBunny

I agree with the first half, but disagree with the second.  I think he's still trying to be helpful.  Actually, he has gotten nicer as this season has gone on, I feel like.

I don't want to try and guess what's in his head.  I will say that it seems that each season his comments on the clothes he's seeing become more and more about popping out bon mots, and less about actually helping anyone. 

• Love 1

As to what others have said about Tim being a producer... yes, he has producer credit and I'm sure gets some say, but that is no guarantee that he has any major say in big decisions about stuff like this or other big issues. He serves as a mouth piece for the producers, but not all producers are created equal. I'm not saying that he has no influence, but just because he and Heidi are producers doesn't mean they have the final say on everything.

Yes, sometimes producer credits are given a s a way to bump salaries, but not always.  Bob Weinstein has been EP since 2004, Heidi has been EP since 2004, and Tim has been a producer since 2011.  Heidi even has writing credits from 2006-2013.  One of the reasons actors (and hosts) fight for producer or executive producer credits is also to have some control over major decisions.  I doubt super model, Heidi, once married to Seal, had any particular need for extra money.  Tim, maybe.  In any case, my point was that some people write as if poor Tim and Heidi are just producer tools and as if they are innocent of everything negative, and it's just these "evil" producers behind the scenes manipulating circumstances.  As producers, even if it's just in title, they are told everything that goes on, the planning, where the show is gong, scheduling, blah, blah, blah... They are not being manipulated or misrepresented in any way, unless they themselves want to be.

I guess we have a different recollection of the judges when it comes to garment fails. I can recall, time and time again, them not accepting excuses for why something was unfinished, poorly constructed, or revealing too much of the model. This grand consideration that "shit happens" is a new development. 

But Char's garment wasn't unfinished or poorly constructed.  The zipper didn't break due to either one of those things.  It was an ugly outfit, to be sure, but not unfinished or poorly constructed.  As for being too revealing, a few things:

1) The judges did say it was way too short for the model, so, Char was not given a pass here.  The model said Char got stuck on the "rock" idea because of her husband and that implied Char didn't particularly pay any attention to what the model herself wanted, and that was taken into consideration in judging.

2) It's one thing when an outfit is too revealing because the designer intended it to be so (see Hernán and Casanova for examples of this)  or because the designer cut a hem too short, and it's quite another when the outfit is too revealing because something broke through no fault of the designer or the model.

3) It's different when it's a professional model versus just a regular person who volunteered to be on the show.  A professional model probably doesn't care if she's exposed, a regular person (and kindergarten teacher too boot) might care.  She signed up to get a makeover and a new outfit, not to expose her flesh on national TV.  And while they did show some of it on camera when the zipper broke, that's not the same as making her walk the runway like that.

I'm not a Char fan, and as I've said before, "her girl" is probably the hoochie mamma type, but the way I look at this is that even if she'd had no trouble at all with the zipper, Alexander would have been eliminated anyway, because his outfit was way worse than hers.  So, the whole thing with the zipper doesn't bother me at all.  Had that been the professional model, and had she been required to walk the runway with a busted zipper and half her ass hanging out, Alexander's outfit would have sent him home, anyway, IMO.

Edited by WearyTraveler

Yes, sometimes producer credits are given a s a way to bump salaries, but not always.  Bob Weinstein has been EP since 2004, Heidi has been EP since 2004, and Tim has been a producer since 2011.  Heidi even has writing credits from 2006-2013.  One of the reasons actors (and hosts) fight for producer or executive producer credits is also to have some control over major decisions.  I doubt super model, Heidi, once married to Seal, had any particular need for extra money.  Tim, maybe.  

But even when it's just a courtesy perk to keep them happy, it's not just money, it's prestige.  Now they can SAY they are a producer. 

It also helps if they later want to move into producing their own shows.  Weinstein doesn't have to let them do squat for them to reap the benefit of being able to leverage the credit to get a production deal elsewhere.

I agree with Weary Traveler that Alexander would have been eliminated anyway because his garment was horrendous.

Obviously, Char's being given the extra 10 minutes didn't give her much of an advantage; she was still in the bottom and came closest to Alexander to going home. My biggest problem was her running to Tim (I'm pretty sure running to Tim would not have been my first reaction) and him "beseeching" the other designers for her to have the extra 10. Also, it pissed me off THEN and it still does that she made it seem as if it was all the MODEL's fault.

I don't even know if Char necessarily did anything wrong on the zipper part, but if I had been that model, I would have felt like crap. Char acted like a worse drama queen than Helen, and I didn't think that was even possible.

All of this is JMO; I do NOT hate Char, but like almost everyone else on our forum here, I don't think she's done anything to show she deserved the hallowed Tim Gunn save.

• Love 3

These designers didn't work very hard to challenge themselves. Older women, guys, heavy people... That would have been a challenge. I don't get why get didn't think it would be fun.

I guess well never know whether plants. Or not unless producers say, but curious as to those who think not are familiar with Washington square park. It's crawling with chick people as is all soho.

These designers didn't work very hard to challenge themselves. Older women, guys, heavy people... That would have been a challenge. I don't get why get didn't think it would be fun.

I guess well never know whether plants. Or not unless producers say, but curious as to those who think not are familiar with Washington square park. It's crawling with chick people as is all soho.

The one thing I noticed was that some of the "blurry faced" people that turned down the designers from what I could see of their bodies were a little on the heavier side.  But there didn't appear to be any other ethnicity besides white, and no other gender besides female approached.*

* - I always get ethnicity and gender wrong, so if white and female are not the right terms, my bad

Tim gave Char the extra 10 minutes because the model was a civilian and couldn't have walked the runway exposed. Shouldn't Char be penalized for blaming and swearing at the civilian model for the zipper ripping as well?

I found all these models they found in the park very pleasant and supportive of their designers. Char was disrespectful to her model and should have been called out for that.

Edited by Nonlinear
  • Love 1

I still haven't had a chance to watch the episode and just now looked at the designs on rate the runway. Is there a reason Emily designed a dress for a dancer in a saloon in the Old West?

Thats how real women want to look nowadays yo'

Just kidding, I actually thought her dress was one of the better ones, so prepare yourself.

• Love 1

This show is getting me. Bas in the city today and found myself analyzing every outfit on every woman walking by....

Did you see anyone in a red romper?  Or a green plaid majorette outfit?  Because maybe I was all wrong and this is all really what real women want to wear.

• Love 5

Lol no, but I was looking at woman with black pants and white print tank going sad, then woman with two or uses and cool shoes going interesting....

It probably helped that I was in gridlock on 35th street for half an hour so nothing tondo but people watch...

• Love 1

I know someone commented a few pages back (sorry, couldn't find the quote) but am I the only one who heard one of the designers turning down a volunteer because she was too short? I speak as someone who peaked at five feet nothing. Too hard to deal with the proportions? Not tall and willowy enough for you? You have a problem with short? The average height of the women in the US is, I believe, 5'4". Just like the average size is 14.

Designers who can't design for anyone less that model perfect don't impress me. Sure, tall and leggy looks great on the runway--you really think the average woman can wear that shit? I don't care what you ended up showing, as far as I'm concerned you're a fail. It's like back in the days before manufacturers wouldn't make anything decent for plus sized women because it wasn't chic. Then it was discovered that large women could also spend money and appreciate silk and cashmere and good design. I actually heard one wannabe designer sneer that 'I don't do upholstery'. No kidding. You can only design in a niche? Loser.

Bite me.

• Love 10

Beden, I couldn't agree more.  Have the designers board a crosstown bus at rush hour to find their muses.  The ones they picked weren't typical American women.  Not one model was close to a 12, let alone the typical size 14, and no one was petite.  

Say what we will about Michael Kors and his orangeness but the man designs flattering plus size clothes in beautiful fabrics.  So does Calvin Klein.  So does Anne Taylor.  So does Ralph Lauren.  And so do a number of lines targeted to younger, edgier plus size clients:  American Rag, Eileen Fisher, etc.  And almost everyone does a petite size -- it was Alexander who rejected one woman for being too short.  Well, maybe he knew his limits, because even with a taller woman he couldn't pull it off.

To me, this "real woman" challenge was a travesty.  Why should Korina win a real woman challenge for designing a flattering look for a tall, thin, ballerina?  

Edited by FineWashables
  • Love 1
  And almost everyone does a petite size -- it was Alexander who rejected one woman for being too short.  Well, maybe he knew his limits, because even with a taller woman he couldn't pull it off.

It was Sean who rejected the woman and not Alexander.

• Love 4

I actually heard one wannabe designer sneer that 'I don't do upholstery'. No kidding. You can only design in a niche? Loser.

Bite me.

OK, so, weirdly, it appears to have disappeared from Google, mostly, but that was Oscar de la Renta, who later tried to spin it that he thought designing upholstery for fat ladies (above size 12) was a good thing. I believe that's most likely because he now designs (which is to say, his allows his name to be used for) both fat lady clothes and upholstery.

Edited by Julia

I'm 5'3", size 8. Michael Kors is one of a few designers that makes grown up petites. Most clothes in petites have flowers, butterflies, and sailboats. Just cause I'm short doesn't mean I want to dress like a child.

FineWashables likes this

A number of years ago I was looking for clothes in a store I've since forgotten. As I mentioned above, I'm short, 5'. Now sometimes I can wear stuff sized for a taller person, plus I sew and am capable of tailoring or simply shortening things as needed. The salesclerk and I were chatting and she--jokingly--suggested that I look at the Geraninals collection over in the kids department. Yes, she was kidding but that was a common reaction before manufacturers realized that there's serious money to be made by tailoring their lines to various segments of the buying public other than so called standard sizes.

The garment trade is a money based industry and the reality is that people who may not be  a perfect size 8 (no offense in the least meant to Rhetorica) also like to look and feel good about themselves and the clothes they wear.

As my old grand-daddy used to say; 'No one is doing you a favor by taking your money'. He was right.

The designer--Sean, Alexander-whomever--who declined a model for her size is no different than the other designers who also all (without exception , I believe) all chose attractive, young women who were slim and at least average height. Maybe they were using the women available, maybe they were playing to the judges, maybe they're all simply too limited to stretch. Whichever, I'd have been more impressed with at least one older woman, maybe a shortie, maybe a solid size 16 in the mix.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 5

I can't think of a single thing Alexander has made that I liked

I can't think of a single thing Alexander has made.

I cannot stand Korina and I thought that motorcycle jacket had serious fit issues.  Where were the shoulders?  Her model looked like she was slouching.  It wasn't good. 

I loved Kini's!  That was a perfect first date outfit.  Perfect for her age and her body.  AND, you don't want to be too fancy or too casual for a first date (especially since you probably aren't going to a 5-star restaurant or to a NASCAR race).  If I were 10 years younger, I would totally buy that outfit and I am not big on denim except in jeans.

I also loved Emily's and her model rocked it.  She was absolutely right about wearing it to a gallery opening.  Perfect for that occasion.

• Love 2

I could not agree more! 5'3 (well, they are saying 5'2 or even 5'1.5 now but I refuse to accept that), have been a 0, 2, and now a 4.... I'm TALLER than a lot of girls I went to school with.

I feel like a real designer should love real women, just as artists do. if you can't imagine how to make clothes for someone normal sized, or a little plump, then clearly you don't understand clothes.

But why are we surprised.

half of these "designers" couldn't design for a woman with a but-- hem too short-- and could barely move beyond dress forms.

Seriously, do they want to dress people or just feed their ego?

No respect. No love.

• Love 1

My sister in law is 6'4", as is her sister. My nephews are both 6'5" and, yes, they all have trouble finding clothing, just as we shorties do. Obviously, we're all at the extremes of the size ranges--though I have a bunch of friends who are close to my size and tall folks are hardly freaks in the low to mid six foot area. Equally obviously more clothes are sold in the average sizes, hence the  designation 'average'.

I get that it's a cost factor thing. More sales= more $. Got it. But the fact that Kors, Lauren and a number of other designers seem to make $ from short people and even Land's End has extra long garments on the internet and, for all I know, in Sears, speaks volumes.

That the designers in PR all opted for average to tall slender women tells me that they either aren't comfortable with anything else or they were playing to the runway and the judges. I question if they're capable of adjusting both their ideas and their designs to be wearable by actual average women, the ones who are maybe 5'4" and 150 pounds. If they can't, who will they be selling their stuff to and what store buyers will purchase them? None of these contestants are well known or seem to have much of  a track record, certainly not enough to be hired by any high end companies if they're this limited in ability or vision.

• Love 3

They'd certainly have gotten my respect (and potential future clothes money) if they'd even tried to design for someone outside the "model" box. I was really disappointed that not one of them challenged themselves.

I have to disagree with the general assessment that they all picked "model" bodies. There is no fashion runway in the world where Kini's model would have been considered anything but "plus sized". Whether or not she IS plus sized by American standards is irrelevant. In the fashion world she was most definitely NOT a model size, and Alexanders model was shorter by quite a bit than most models from what I could tell (or maybe his atrocious outfit just made her look that way)

Oh, and I think the "average" hieght for US women is 5'5", That's my height and I never thought of myself as short until I found out I was under the height requirement for the Rockettes.

Edited by slothgirl
  • Love 1

These designers didn't work very hard to challenge themselves. Older women, guys, heavy people... 

It would have been all kinds of awesome if one of the designers did pick a guy. Then they could literally put the guy in the ugliest outfit possible and still be put through to the next round because they did something so daring and mindblowing.

• Love 2

still be put through to the next round because they did something so daring and mindblowing.

Oh, how I wish that were how this show actually worked. That you'd be rewarded for taking risks.    The judges seem to kind of think that's what they're doing (e.g., Sandyha) but in general it's the completely non-mind-blowing Seans and Korinas of each season who seem to actually be going through.

This episode just reinforced my belief that having two days rather than one isn't that much of an advantage. i have watched every season of PR, and the outfits made in two days are usually no better or worse than the one day unless they are doing a couture gown. Obviously a really good outfit would take weeks, but I would be bored to tears watching them work over a period of weeks, so I am ok with how it is structured.

Kini seems so sweet and I hope he wins it all. I wouldn't personally wear the dress he made, but it looked cute on his model and was more forward thinking then Korina's 1980's jacket. I did agree with the judges that Emily's was a bit costume like. I understand that many of the challenges don't have to translate to real life wear, but this one clearly did.

I notice that no matter who the real woman is, the designers seem to have a hard time making the outfits. I think it is a combination of not being able to sew to more real measurements, their worry over what the judges will say, and their desire to please their real woman. I can't imagine Amanda's real women being happy with a dress I'm sure I wore in 6th grade. She has serious taste level (™ Nina).

I don't think it has to do with Lifetime, but there seems to be a bigger disconnect this year between what the judges like among themselves and with Tim. If you design to please one judge, the others may feel differently. Add in the random celeb judges and you never know what they want. I continue to like Heidi and she has been both a model and a producer on this show long enough that her opinion is legitimate.

I don't mind that she sometimes judges on whether she would wear it; she is a woman who has a nice figure, is not 18 years old and who appreciates fashion. It is just a valid opinion as the opinions of Nina who herself doesn't wear particularly fashionable clothes, and Zac who measures things against his own fashion line. Tim is more classically trained and looks for clean lines and proper seam work, which is also a valid point of view, but not always in line with the judges.

• Love 1

Beden, I couldn't agree more.  Have the designers board a crosstown bus at rush hour to find their muses.  The ones they picked weren't typical American women.  

If they had boarded that cross town bus, the designers would have just happened to run into women who were clones of Jennifer Lopez and Iman.

• Love 1

I have to disagree with the general assessment that they all picked "model" bodies. There is no fashion runway in the world where Kini's model would have been considered anything but "plus sized". Whether or not she IS plus sized by American standards is irrelevant. In the fashion world she was most definitely NOT a model size, and Alexanders model was shorter by quite a bit than most models from what I could tell (or maybe his atrocious outfit just made her look that way)

You and I both. They probably need to screen them, but I'm surprised there's any hubbub over this because I had no problem believing they were representative of regular passersby. None of them were especially this or that, in my opinion, and Kini's was the farthest away from model size, as has been mentioned. On a regular day in NYC, there are tons of younger, slimmer girls closer to traditional model size that they could have all waited to ask instead.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 2

I still haven't had a chance to watch the episode and just now looked at the designs on rate the runway. Is there a reason Emily designed a dress for a dancer in a saloon in the Old West?

I liked what Emily designed ... and since her "client" mentioned going to art shows and gallery openings, I thought the dress was perfect for her - frilly sleeves, ruffles and all.

• Love 1

For the record, Alexander's muse, Marisa, is completely beautiful (admittedly New Yorkers have more artistic taste). Now, I happened to be lucky this morning and met her on the subway and her hair is even more awesome now. She was so nice and extroverted and explained that the model selection was not rigged (as a surprising number of people thought) . 

• Love 4

Thank you NathanNYC! I was really puzzled about that since it's very very easy to find 10 youngish chic women in that particular park. I thought it was hilarious how many people said no, even seeing the news cameras there. A lot of the girls were pretty, but that's kind of what you see downtown. Still disappointed the models weren't interested in reaching for something else, something more challenging. This group of designers is really uninspired.

On my tv, Kini's model seemed to be normal-sized - or did his outfit make her seem larger than a ultra-thin model?

I think she was normal sized, and its why I thought Kini should have gotten more credit because I think he picked a "real woman" moreso than anyone else.  I think he was pretty much the only one.  

• Love 1

I think she was normal sized, and its why I thought Kini should have gotten more credit because I think he picked a "real woman" moreso than anyone else.  I think he was pretty much the only one.

I should have amended my statement to add this. I agree - Kini did a great job working with her figure, and she was more "real woman" than the others. But I do wish the designers overall would have been brave enough to step outside the box and dare to work with a variety of sizes, shapes and heights. The women may have been "average" compared to the usual models used on the show, but most were still taller and in great shape. Hardly a huge challenge for any of them to work with.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 2

I thought it was hilarious how many people said no...

What stood out for me was that the people who said no were asked if they would like a makeover, whereas the ones who said yes were those that were asked if they wanted to model on PR or if they wanted an outfit designed for them. I guess going on TV for a makeover is like a minefield for most people.

• Love 2

So true! And did no one at PR notice that "muse" and "makeover" suggest ENTIRELY different things? Nowhere int he history of muses is the idea that you're inspired by someone you think is in desperate need of a change.

"I like your style, will you be my model?" Why yes.

"May I improve you?"

Uh, no.

• Love 5

I was thinking about how the zipper thing could have been handled, because the way it was handled just did not feel right to me. Despite disliking most of this season's designers, I actually completely agreed that asking them if they were ok with things was not the way to go about it.  They were all asked in front of the model and in front of Char, making it seem like if they said no they were the JERK who wanted to force this poor unsuspecting lady to walk naked down a runway!  And Tim could at least have easily had them answer anonymously by putting a slip of paper in a hat and promised not to move forward if even one person objected.  I bet that would have produced a different result!  Instead they all on were put on the spot and had to say it out loud to Tim, Char, and the model's face. It's the power of group pressure - NO ONE is going to speak up and be the jerk. They'll all just be silently uncomfortable with it, but feel forced to nod their heads (desperately hoping someone else will object and be the jerk). I totally agreed with them that this was NOT a true measure of whether everyone was really comfortable with the allowance, because no one was going to feel comfortable saying no under those conditions.  If it's against the rules to get more time, it should just be against the rules!  And it should be Tim's job to enforce that. The other contestants shouldn't be put in the position of making themselves look like jerks just to get the contest rules fairly enforced. 

So, I did not feel it was fair she got more time, and I did not feel this cursory survey of the designers for permission changed that.  Whether or not a zipper breaking is something that could "easily happen to anyone" is NOT the point.  In the past, designers have just had to suffer for those things that could easily "happen to anyone". The time limit is the time limit - no one has ever gotten a second longer, for any reason.  If this was really something that was no big deal and could happen to anyone, the judges should have been able to visually see the problem from the outset, when forming their initial impressions of the garment, and then have it left up to THEM to determine not to penalize her for it because "it could happen to anyone". That's how things have always worked. The only fair way to do it is to simply call time when time is up, and let them offer explanations after the fact! How many times have we seen a model's butt cheeks blurred out because a designer didn't realize something was going to be too short and they had no time to fix it??? 

Now, in this case, the complication was we had women off the street who were "guests", not professional models.  I do understand the problem. Working models could be made to sign a contract at the beginning of the season, where they were promised a minimum level of coverage but simply told their job was going to be to walk the runway regardless of a few key areas popping out (it would be up to them to cover with their hands if they felt awkward and they could be promised it would be blurred out for television). THe contract could specify exact inches and areas of exposed skin for which they would still be told/required to walk. They are professionals - all this could be worked out contractually at the beginning.  A little more awkward with these ladies, right? That said, in this case, they would have had to ASK the lady if she WANTED to walk under those conditions, and Char is just screwed if she says no. I don't like that approach, because it doesn't feel fair that Char's automatic elimination should hinge on whether her randomly selected lady happened to agree to walk or not (whereas if they all have the same time limit and professional models who all sign the same skin exposure contract, at least they are all operating under equal conditions and know for certain that exceeding a certain level of exposure means nothing is going down the runway, rules consistently applied to everyone).  So, I don't like the solution of leaving it in one lady's hands and hoping Char gets lucky. I think I would have simply given her a towel to hold over it. That might have made her worry that the judges were going to start prodding underneath the towel to see what happened (and see her exposed butt), so I probably would have just gotten some big ugly safety pins and told the model to pin herself closed.  I wouldn't have let CHAR touch it once time was called!!! THat way, the model wouldn't feel exposed, but the incident/mistake would still be obvious upon first viewing on the runway, as it should have been.  ANd the judges could fairly decide how much to penalize her when they heard what happened.  What I didn't understand is why they had to allow Char to fix it in a way that MADE THE GARMENT LOOK PRETTIER (after time had been called), and then specifically NOT TELL THE JUDGES about her special allowance in advance.  (But rather permit them to form their impressions before hearing about it).  That has never been allowed to happen before. WHen time is up, time is up - you can't make it look prettier after time is called. I didn't feel this was fair. Allowing her to make it look prettier than it looked when time was called felt like this was a service to CHAR, not a service to the model. Why couldn't they have said "hands off Char!" and given the model 10 minutes in private and 20 safety pins??  I wouldn't have felt that was unfair if I was a competitor, because a fellow "competitor" wasn't actually being given more time, and it wasn't actually making it look any better. 

Edited by TVSallyS
  • Love 1

Was this an advertisement for or against Mary Kay?

OH! And Heidi should never try acting again! "Why are we waiting? What is the reason for us waiting for the show to begin?"A regular Brando, that Heidi.

Bravo (no pun intended) to both these comments.  The closeups they gave us this week of the Mary Kay folks at work with their cement trowels and roller brushes of make up - ye gods!  I keep expecting the models to die of pore asphyxiation and garish color embarrassment.

And yeah seriously what the hell was the point of that whole fatuous act?  I realized that Project Runway can't be groundbreaking every moment, but please don't insult us.

I don't trust the editing - a person I know was on another realitiy show and he said they spend hours filming nothing but 'reaction shots' (as in "look sad, look startled, look happy") and then edit it any way they want.  So while Korinna may be coming off as a hundred-watt bitch, there's no knowing what she's like IRL.  So I really don't get the point of all the fake drama. Let the clothes speak for themselves, maybe.  I know, I'm delusional.

Edited by RedHackle
  • Love 3

I thought Char's muse said she wanted something to wear to her husband's rock concerts.  Maybe I'm wrong because she told the judges Char really got stuck on giving her a rock look.  Korinna simply needs a smackdown.  I'm so tired of hearing each and every episode that she really feels she won't have time to finish.  Why so many talking heads with her?  IMO, Sean's neckline was really strange.  It seemed too small and constrictive. Nina and Korinna could become best friends, editorially, of course.   If I were a contestant and zippergate happened, I know I would have asked if everyone else could have as much time as Char.  I'm really surprised no one there thought of that.  Then again, I think they were kind of stunned.  I wonder if Char would have went to Tim if it were a regular model.

Edited by kelslamu
  • Love 1

I believe what the client asked for was something to wear to her husband's performances. What Char produced, unfortunately, was an outfit for an anonymous dancer in a cut rate music video. I thought it was a huge misread on Char's part. It isn't as if she didn't have someone from the entourage of an actual rock star in the room with her. 

Edited by Julia
  • Love 1