Type keyword(s) to search

How To Speculate w/o Spoilers: Hiding the Ball

So, with there only being a couple of episodes until the reveal of who the dead body is, I figured I'd run through the list of people it could be, from most likely to least likely, just for fun (and to also remember things that have happened so far):

1. Laurel's mother: I still think she's the most likely to be the one dead. With Christopher somehow being involved, it would make the most sense for her mother to make an appearance...although it's odd to bring her back only to kill her off right away. However, it's the one that makes the most sense to me, and it was the first theory floating around so I'm sticking to it. 
  2. D.A Miller: I think Miller could end up being a very shady character, perhaps even using Bonnie, or he's a good guy and we'll find that out in the finale. Either way, I think there's a chance that he doesn't survive because nobody is allowed to be truly happy on this show and Bonnie is the happiest character so far. If he does end up being someone using Bonnie, then that could dampen her reaction at the wedding. What keeps me from making this my number one suspicion IS because of Bonnie's subdued reaction.
  3. Julie Winterbottom: Not sure if this would fit with Bonnie's reaction afterward, but Bonnie's good at compartmentalizing and we know she doesn't have the strongest relationship with her sister. It's a possibility, though I don't feel strongly about this.
  4. Nate Sr: Not sure why I included Nate Sr, but with us knowing that Bonnie has Nate's phone and Michaela called Nate, he's somehow involved.
  5. Emmett Crawford: If it's not Miller, then I could see Crawford being the dead body. The only thing is that I see no motivation so far, which is why he's lower on the list.
  6. Tegan Price: I don't really think she's in any danger, but it's still possible. Plus, there's been so many dead male bodies that they might feel like it's overdue for a female body. 
  7. Nate: I think he's safe, for the record, but we haven't seen him and we know he's involved in something.
  8. Oliver: I think Oliver is perfectly safe but I included him just in case.
  9. Gabriel: I think he's the safest of them all. There's no way he's the dead body, but....I guess there's still a 0.01% chance it could happen.
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, with there only being a couple of episodes until the reveal of who the dead body is, I figured I'd run through the list of people it could be, from most likely to least likely, just for fun (and to also remember things that have happened so far):

1. Laurel's mother: I still think she's the most likely to be the one dead. With Christopher somehow being involved, it would make the most sense for her mother to make an appearance...although it's odd to bring her back only to kill her off right away. However, it's the one that makes the most sense to me, and it was the first theory floating around so I'm sticking to it
  2. D.A Miller: I think Miller could end up being a very shady character, perhaps even using Bonnie, or he's a good guy and we'll find that out in the finale. Either way, I think there's a chance that he doesn't survive because nobody is allowed to be truly happy on this show and Bonnie is the happiest character so far. If he does end up being someone using Bonnie, then that could dampen her reaction at the wedding. What keeps me from making this my number one suspicion IS because of Bonnie's subdued reaction.
  3. Julie Winterbottom: Not sure if this would fit with Bonnie's reaction afterward, but Bonnie's good at compartmentalizing and we know she doesn't have the strongest relationship with her sister. It's a possibility, though I don't feel strongly about this.
  4. Nate Sr: Not sure why I included Nate Sr, but with us knowing that Bonnie has Nate's phone and Michaela called Nate, he's somehow involved.
  5. Emmett Crawford: If it's not Miller, then I could see Crawford being the dead body. The only thing is that I see no motivation so far, which is why he's lower on the list.
  6. Tegan Price: I don't really think she's in any danger, but it's still possible. Plus, there's been so many dead male bodies that they might feel like it's overdue for a female body. 
  7. Nate: I think he's safe, for the record, but we haven't seen him and we know he's involved in something.
  8. Oliver: I think Oliver is perfectly safe but I included him just in case.
  9. Gabriel: I think he's the safest of them all. There's no way he's the dead body, but....I guess there's still a 0.01% chance it could happen.

A variation on theory 1 and 7 are the ones on my mind.

1. Laurel's mother because the way he had HER entered in his phone reminds me of how Wes has Laurel's mom on his phone as ICE.  The twist is I also low key suspect the Mahoney's being involved. However, to be honest I ALWAYS low key suspect the Mahoney's. Laurel's mother also called Wes Christophe. Meaning she had done her research and knew who he was.  Also Denver was the only other character we've seen with a burner flip phone. Whoever Gabriel is connected to knows how to play thing safe.  Doesn't Laurel have 2 brothers? Maybe they're mad because the family's assets are frozen.

If it's not Sandrine, then it's Bonnie's sister. 

2. I wouldn't be surprised if Nate is safe nor would I be surprised if he's dead. Whatever it is, Micheala knows about it because when she tells everyone to call Oliver, she herself calls Nate. However Bonnie for some reason has Nate's phone. Nate still has files in everyone else. Unless those files get passed on to someone else, Nate is still alive. 

I also think Anna breaking down in her apartment may be a red herring. I'm wondering if they are writing her tv dad's real life death into the show and Frank is the one who tells her.

ETA: Not exactly a red herring, but a different issue. Just like last season the events happening at C & G was one thing and Laurel going into labor in the the elevator  was another. 

My other question is who is Frank reporting to? I'm actually starting to lean toward Annalise.  Not Annalise. Frank pointed out who Gabriel was in episode 1 and that appeared to be the first time Annalise had heard of him. I thought it was Frank talking to Nate, but both Frank & Annalise seemed annoyed that Nate pursued the paternity issue.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 1

This week's crack pot theories:

1.Who is Gabriel? 

This post suggested it was Eggs 911, but we've already met Levi. However, Wes also grew up in fostercare. When Frank goes Gabriel's things they show a driver's license for a Mark Jackson. What if Mark and Christophe were in fostercare/witness protection at the same time? That would explain his knowing Wes, his passion for social justice and his disdain for the police. I'm not sure whether that means he's not Bonnie's son or not. Frank seemed pretty certain he is.

2. Who's in the snow?

My vote right now is it's Miller. I think that flashback they showed this week is out of sequence like when they made it appear that Wes was alive. I think Miller called her to come out because the baby was in the car. Bonnie will do what it takes to protect the group and if Miller is the one who set Nate Sr up, she'd have no problem snuffing him out like she did Rebecca.  Maybe they had a fight when she found out, he snapped and grabbed Christopher and was all "Marry me, we can take this baby to replace your lost baby and run away."

• Love 2

So it seems the big questions left are:

1. Who is Frank talking to?
  2. Who is Gabriel?
  3. Who is in the snow (who died at the wedding.

My guesses are:

1. Frank is talking to Julie. Whatever she is hiding is something big. I think Frank showed Bonnie that picture of the other kid to throw her off/send her on a wild goose chase.
  2. I'm still not 100% sure, but right now I'm still leaning to him being Bonnie's son. 
  3. I think it's either Julie or Miller in the snow. 
  • Love 2

Forgive me for stating the obvious but I just realized this . The flashbacks scenes aren’t out of order, they are just being shown in reverse order. So Bonnie smoothering someone in the snow in Episode 1 is say 10pm, flashback scene it ep 2 is 9:30/9:45pm and do on. That said,  AK crying in her apt may very well be her receiving a phone call about Nate Sr before she went to the wedding. 

I was was hoping someone on Reddit or YouTube had spliced all the flashbacks together but so far I haven’t seen any. I may rewatch tomorrow & see what else jumps out at me.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Milaxx said:

Forgive me for stating the obvious but I just realized this . The flashbacks scenes aren’t out of order, they are just being shown in reverse order. So Bonnie smoothering someone in the snow in Episode 1 is say 10pm, flashback scene it ep 2 is 9:30/9:45pm and do on. That said,  AK crying in her apt may very well be her receiving a phone call about Nate Sr before she went to the wedding. 

I'm pretty sure this isn't the case. The first episode had Bonnie smothering someone in the snow with Christopher watching, but then the next episode had Bonnie taking Christopher inside and Michaela/Laurel finding them. And then the next episode had all of them going out to the dance floor. Plus, there was the episode where Connor first appeared in the flashforwards asking where Oliver was, with the very next episode having him look for him outside and finding Asher and his mom instead. 

• Love 1

I could be wrong. This was one of those late night epiphanies. 

My version;

Everyone getting ready at various residences. AK finds out about Nate Sr, breaks down. Decides to put on a brave face and go to wedding anyway.

Wedding occurs. Connor gets in a fight with someone (Gab maybe?)

Ladies are busy, Laureal passes baby off to someone (Bonnie maybe)

Bonnie gets phone call from DA. At the same time everyone is ready toast and can't find Oliver. Connor goes out to look for Oliver. Bonnie also goes outside.

Sees person with baby. Something bad happens like DA is creepy and was trying to kidnap baby or Julie was trying to kidnap baby. Bonnie or someone intervene, person in snow is injured, Bonnie smoothers and goes back inside. 

Eh' it;s far fetched but the skys' the limit with this show.

Edited by Milaxx
3 hours ago, secnarf said:

I wonder if Gabriel is Michaela's biological sister. We know she was adopted - maybe that is why Gabriel seem so obsessed with her?

I considered this as well, but now that they've had sex I am praying it is not the case.

• Love 5

Okay I woke up with a ca-razy thought and even though this the spec thread I'm putting it in spoiler tags because sometimes you don't want to see things that you don't know you don't want to see until you see them. I don't want to ruin anyone's good time. FAIR WARNING.

Spoiler

We've been assuming that there are 2 mysteries that may or may not be intertwined: 1) who is Gabriel and 2) Dead Wedding. But I'm now wondering if Annalise's collapse has nothing to do with either of them, and is a HUGE misdirect. What if her collapse has to do with (dang it feels like typing this is putting it out into the universe to manifest)...news that Miss Ophelia has died.

Again, total spec, not a spoiler, #pleasedon'tmakeittrue. Feel free to shoot me down! Please!

Edited by rubyred
added warning
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, rubyred said:

Okay I woke up with a ca-razy thought and even though this the spec thread I'm putting it in spoiler tags because sometimes you don't want to see things that you don't know you don't want to see until you see them. I don't want to ruin anyone's good time. FAIR WARNING.

Hide contents

We've been assuming that there are 2 mysteries that may or may not be intertwined: 1) who is Gabriel and 2) Dead Wedding. But I'm now wondering if Annalise's collapse has nothing to do with either of them, and is a HUGE misdirect. What if her collapse has to do with (dang it feels like typing this is putting it out into the universe to manifest)...news that Miss Ophelia has died.

Again, total spec, not a spoiler, #pleasedon'tmakeittrue. Feel free to shoot me down! Please!

I really hope that's not the case. I think someone may have already speculated here that maybe her emotional collapse is in response to her father dying. The actor died irl, not sure of the timing and whether the show would be able to work that in. 

• Love 1

I think Annelise's speech about the stereotype of violent black men and white people was foreshadowing and it will be Nate who kills Miller, but it will be either and accident or misunderstanding.  I think she and Teagan will learn that the governor did indeed kill Nate Sr, but before they can, he thinks Miller (whom he considers a friend) did it.  So, in a rage, he kills him or accidentally does.  Frank is supposed to prevent this but does not.  He tells Annelise this and this is why she slaps him or maybe Frank and Bonnie have trouble preventing Nate from not turning himself in.  Hence why Annelise would break down in her home.  Not only has she lost her face case, but she's also lost Nate, whom she actually does care for deeply.  He is kind of her "heart" on this show.  That would mean she's lost, in a short period of time, her husband, her home, Wes (her surrogate son), her practice, and her I guess lover?  or idk maybe Oliver snaps and she's shocked because he's nice.  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, possibilities said:

Miller comes across almost too nice to be real, so I'm still waiting for his shady side to be revealed, though.

Yeah. I'm 50/50 on Miller. He seems nice this season but I remember last season feeling like he was  equally as dirty as Denver

• Love 2
On 11/16/2018 at 9:52 PM, KaveDweller said:

I don't know why Miller would have been on a pay phone,  but I am almost positive he is innocent of arranging Nate Sr's death.

22 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

Oh, we're totally going to find out that Miller was innocent.  (Not spoiling, just speculating.)  And Nate is going to feel like absolute shit.

I strongly suspect the show will pull a season-1 reveal and have Miller be "proven" innocent only for us to later find out that he was guilty after all. 

Edited by ursula
  • Love 3

I'm bored and it's freezing out. So back to guessing what happens with the second half of the season.

1. Who is Frank talking to?

I'm really leaning towards it being Hannah. Marcia Gay Harden's series was canceled so she's free to drop in and do a few episodes. Hannah knows Frank. That's how Sam & Annalise got involved with getting Frank out of prison. Hannah would be someone Frank would report to.  

2. Nate/Bonnie and the murder cover up.

Bonnie will get in Miller's office and destroy Nate's resignation letter. Nate will continue to come into work.  They'll be a stupid attempt to get rid of the body. (I wish at least 1 of these folks would watch Breaking Bad, sheesh!). Nate will either hide, and/or give Annalise the engagement ring Miller was going to propose with. BTW- proposing at someone else's wedding is tacky. Don't do that people. 

3. Side story with Emmett & C & G

Not sure how this will happen, but I get the feeling that Tegan & Annalise will be running C & G by the end.

4. Gabriel

He's going to somehow end up being a misunderstood good guy by the end. Maybe even becoming part of the K5.

5. Bonnie

Because her life isn't tragic enough, we'll find out about her baby and it will be worse than we've imagined.

Edited by Milaxx

We’re still about 2 mths away from the finale episodes. These are the questions we need answers to:

•  why did AK turn the car around?
  • what did Asher tell Bonnie?
  • why did Bonnie call Frank?
  • who was at Gabriel’s door?
  •  who killed Asher? 
  • did Tegan really help Laurel escape?
  • how is Wes alive? 
  • is AK really dead in flashforward? 
  • is Connor okay?
  • will Oliver get arrested? 
  • where’s Annalise heading?
  • who’s getting Asher’s 64k now?
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Dancingjaneway said:

I had an odd thought. What if Asher's sister killed him for the 64k. I wouldn't be surprised if she was snooping around and found out about it. Also she seems to be at a low point in life & could use the cash. 

That's a good point. After all she did track him the the K4's house using the dating app he has on his phone. It would have been easy for her to follow him after leaving the K4's house and kill him because he told them he was the mole. That would shut him up, get the 64 k  and frame the K4 so the FBI would be happy to leave her and mommy Millstone alone.

• Love 2