Type keyword(s) to search

How To Speculate w/o Spoilers: Hiding the Ball

I keep thinking about how if this is Wes' baby he is going to be the one to die. Which leaves Laurel in a predicament with Annalise stepping in to "help" by offering to raise the child so that Laurel can continue school and still see the kid. This way Annalise get's to be a mom for real and could also lead to some sticky situations between her and Laurel in the future. They could even do a "who kidnapped Laurel/Annalises baby." next season. 

• Love 5

I actually don't think that Wes is dead anymore. I mean, I assume that the show still wants to tell more stories with him because he's been such a prominent character. It would be a twist if he died, but I'm not sure whether they want to go down that route. I also think that if he is alive, that he's the person that Bonnie called in the flashforward. 

I'm torn, though, because each male character has something that could be set up for the next part of the season. I do think that Poster Boy is being set up to come back and perhaps replacing a K5 if they do die, though. I am leaning toward Connor being the death, unfortunately. Oliver's either being set up to have more conflict with Connor, or he's being set up to be his own independent character outside of Connor because Connor's going to die. 

Also, especially with Connor threatening that he'd kill Wes if he gave up his name for any reason, I just have a bad feeling that Wes could also be involved with this fire. Because, you know, Wes has been involved in some way with each of the flashforwards. So, why not this one as well? And it would be equally as heartbreaking if Wes did cause the fire and didn't know that Laurel was inside.

So yeah, that's my feelings as of right now. I hope that I'm wrong. 

• Love 2

I think? wish? hope? that since Conner threatened Wes, and Connor seems to have the most problems with what is going on in that house, that Wes will be under the sheet and everyone will think Conner did it.  And now that I said it out loud, it won't happen, but a girl can dream, can't she?

• Love 4

I don't think they'll do it, but I do believe that having Wes die would cause the most/biggest ripples in the pond of this show:

1. Annalise...check; 2. Lauren...check; 3. Frank (having killed the natural father setting lots of the things this season in motion after involving Wes)...check; 4. Connor...having threatened to kill Wes (did he/didn't he, guilt levels off the charts)...check; 5  Bonnie, blaming Wes for everything, more guilt...check; 6. the remaining K5, sucked into all of this (in their minds, at least, somewhat by Wes)...check.

I just see Connor causing huge ripples for a couple of less primary characters and not major ripples for the rest.  He's probably the safe "unsafe" choice, if you will, of killing off one of the K5, so maybe it is him, some ripples but not blow the dock up sort of crashing waves.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 2

One thing that works against it being Nate is: why would he be in the house? It doesn't seem like he's still involved with Annalise at all, and I also don't see him skulking around in there looking for something, either. Honestly, Frank being in there doesn't really make sense right now, either.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, possibilities said:

One thing that works against it being Nate is: why would he be in the house? It doesn't seem like he's still involved with Annalise at all, and I also don't see him skulking around in there looking for something, either. Honestly, Frank being in there doesn't really make sense right now, either.

With the cast interviews about it being so heartbreaking they had to stop filming for several hours it seems highly unlikely, that Nate is under the sheet, but do you believe he is done with Annalise for good? They had much worse falling-outs every season, yet he crawled back in several episodes being more in love than ever every single time. If the first season it happened in the midseason finale, in the second - one episode before it. With this trend I'll be very surprised if Nate does not jump back into Annalise's bed by 3.09.

Edited by harmfulhazards
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, possibilities said:

We last saw Frank heading towards Philadelphia after throwing the NYC police off of Wes's trail. "Coming home", as Bonnie said. I don't think it's a stretch to imagine Frank in the house. 

• Love 3

I think they'll swerve us and reveal Nate as alive next.  There's about 2 episodes left till we get to the fire, going by the flashforwards.  So, I see them showing Nate alive to make the reveal of the dead male a surprise.  It could be Wes that's shown alive next because there have been a lot of red herrings about him being dead, especially this week's episode. 

• Love 3

What it ultimately comes down to for me is that killing Connor doesnt drive story.  Him being the rat and then working against Annalise and the NuK5, hating an Oliver who is in a new relationahip, and unable to reveal their biggest secret because it would implicate him too, drives a shit ton of story.  

Beyond that, again for me, Connor threatening Wes to not go to the cops and telling Drake "we're not friends" is all sigaling Connor going to the cops and being 'not friends' with the K5.  The reason he left his phone with Brett Butler is because he was going to be meeting with cops and didnt want Oliver to be able to track him.

ETA: and I think were going to find out that Oliver recognized Nate because he's seen him coming out of places where Nate & Connor were meeting.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

That's a good point about what drives the story more.

If they kill Nate, the ADA he's been seeing will get a story, and she's already gunning for Anna, so it would be another way of motivating her to be even more bitter and to double down on that. The University Admin has already kind of folded in the face of threats of a lawsuit, and the show needs antagonists if it wants to keep Anna and Co from settling into a low simmer of low key cover ups and blase court victories. Whoever dies, there need to be grieving loved ones out for vengeance, not just more of the sadness Anna and the K5 already have.

If it's Wes, Anna will be broken up, but she's already broken, so that's not really anything new. Since Wes already broke up with Meggy, I don't think Wes dying in the fire would be would be sufficiently significant to cause Meggy to drive the story. If he's the father of Laurel's fetus, that might be a cause for feelings, but I don't really see the show revolving around baby drama and young widowhood, either way.

If it's Frank, Laurel (if she survives) and Bonnie would be the ones likely to be most affected, and maybe they would turn against Anna, but it doesn't seem like a sure thing, really, and the show still needs an external antagonist to worry about, which I don't think Frank's death would provide. If Bonnie or Laurel decided to turn against Anna, they could take her and the rest of the K5 out too easily, in one moment of sworn testimony, and that's not the kind of twist the show is driven by-- it's way too simple.

It has to be an outsider who's most upset, if they want to use it to generate the plot for the second half of the season.

Though I suppose if it's Connor, Oliver could flip out, but the rest of the group could shut him down and I don't think Oliver as a grieving hacker would make as much of an antagonist as the heartbroken or outraged ADA. And actually, putting Laurel in danger due to smoke inhalation also makes sense in this light, because her powerful father is the parent who seems like would be most threatening to the group-- so if she died or was seriously hurt, they'd have to worry about him suing or investigating or harassing them, in a way that I don't see the parents of the others doing. Though we do know Connor's family seemed loving, from the brief time we saw them in season 1, so it's not completely impossible they could become involved. But they haven't been featured at all since then, and we have no reason to think they're as powerful or prone to scary gestures as Laurel's father has been shown to be.

• Love 2

Also, while its been reported that they used a mannequin to shoot the scene and that Davis didnt know at the time who was actually dead, I dont buy the later all.  Not only is she now a producer on the show, but this is a woman who spent hundreds of hours doing research for what was ultimately a ten minute part for/in the movie Doubt.  

As some other poster laid out much more eloquently in an episode thread earlier this season, while Annalise may respect Connor - - and honestly he may be the only one she truly respects as a person and (future) lawyer - - she doesnt have the same complex feelings of love and hate that she does for (other potential victims) Wes, Frank, and Nate.

I think Davis knew exactly who was #underthesheet, and played the scene accordingly.  

All that said, as others have pointed out Annalise is almost as good of an actress as Davis.  But even if Annalise wanted that person dead and/or killed the person herself, I just dont see doing these theatrics on purpose over Connor.  

Edited by Tiger
22 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Also, while its been reported that they used a mannequin to shoot the scene and that Davis didnt know at the time who was actually dead, I dont buy the later all.  Not only is she now a producer on the show, but this is a woman who spent hundreds of hours doing research for what was ultimately a ten minute part for/in the movie Doubt.  

As some other poster laid out much more eloquently in an episode thread earlier this season, while Annalise may respect Connor - - and honestly he may be the only one she truly respects as a person and (future) lawyer - - she doesnt have the same complex feelings of love and hate that she does for (other potential victims) Wes, Frank, and Nate.

I think Davis knew exactly who was #underthesheet, and played the scene accordingly.  

All that said, as others have pointed out Annalise is almost as good of an actress as Davis.  But even if Annalise wanted that person dead and/or killed the person herself, I just dont see doing these theatrics on purpose over Connor.  

Viola Davis has specifically said that she acted in front of a "wooden dummy" because they "hadn't figured it out yet". While it does sound like they have planned the rest of the season more than they typically do - she has said she knew exactly what happens in the latter half of the season while they were filming episode 8 - you either have to take her at her word that they hadn't figured it out and therefore she couldn't have known who it is, or else decide that she was lying. I believe Pete Nowalk has also said that he didn't decide who was under the sheet until shortly before filming episode 9.

I am leaning more towards Annalise's reaction being a "show", although that doesn't mean she doesn't care at all about whoever died. I agree the theatrics seem like a bit much for any of the K5 - even Wes, since the rest of the world doesn't know why he would be "special". But, I'm not going to rule out the K5 based only on the theatrics. You never know, with this show.

22 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I think they'll swerve us and reveal Nate as alive next.  There's about 2 episodes left till we get to the fire, going by the flashforwards.  So, I see them showing Nate alive to make the reveal of the dead male a surprise.  It could be Wes that's shown alive next because there have been a lot of red herrings about him being dead, especially this week's episode. 

ITA:  I think ultimately the reveal will come down Frank vs Wes. I think Nate will next be revealed as safe and the last ep before the winter break will let us know if it is Frank or Wes.

I also like the idea that Connor is the rat. Storyline wise it makes more sense. Connor is angry he's involved in all of this and having a hard time dealing with his breakup with Oliver. He knows enough to know that Oliver could track him through the GPS on his phone. Conversely, it could have just fallen out of his pocket. As we've seen with Asher, being the rat doesn't mean he can't get back into the K5 fold.

Other random speculation:

• Someone mentioned it in the episode thread. Could Meggy's aunt who is a lawyer be DA Atwood?
  • Is it me or is there an under current romantic vibe between the President and Annalise? Are they priming her to be Annalise's next love interest? 
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, doram said:

Since the show started, several members of the show's cast & crew have expressed sadness, etc at the idea of losing one of their cast members. 

Viola Davis point-blank said she acted against a mannequin and you think she's lying because... ? Someone held a gun to her head? No other actor or actress in the history of ever have ever been asked directly by the media to spoil a plot point in their movie or TV show and simply not answered? If there was really someone under the sheet at the time of filming* she could have easily made a joke about, "You'll never guess!" or "You're gonna have to pay me for that information." or any of the usual deflections that are used in cases like this. 

I don't know if it's just me... but I find this borderline offensive. Is the issue here that she simply isn't skilled enough to act so convincingly against a dummy or that she's inherently untrustworthy? Why would what she said be even doubted????

*It makes far more sense to use a dummy to play a dead person who's never shown, than keep a live actor there, all through out shooting and re-takes, lying still and breathing badly with his / her covered with opaque cloth. So even if the cast/crew had decided who the dead person was at the time of shooting, it's doubtful that they'd have asked, say, Falahee or King or whoever to literally play dead for hours of filming or more. 

I dont doubt that it was an actual wooden dummy under the sheet when the scenes were shot.  I doubt that Davis didnt know which character the dummy represented.

Also, they woulent use the actual actor because then tons od crew and extras would know too.  The secret only being known in the inner circle of production, of which Davis is certainly part of, just makes sense.

And Im not calling Davis a liar or anything; its smart of her as an actress and producer to let the audiance think as many variables are unknown as possible.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I dont doubt that it was an actual wooden dummy under the sheet when the scenes were shot.  I doubt that Davis didnt know which character the dummy represented.

Also, they woulent use the actual actor because then tons od crew and extras would know too.  The secret only being known in the inner circle of production, of which Davis is certainly part of, just makes sense.

And Im not calling Davis a liar or anything; its smart of her as an actress and producer to let the audiance think as many variables are unknown as possible.

Davis has flat out said they hadn't decided at the time who would be under the sheet (interview on Jimmy Kimmel, if you want to check). If you believe this is false, then it would follow that you believe she was lying, no? It's okay if you do believe she was lying - you can believe whatever you want, and heaven knows it wouldn't be the first time an actor has lied about a future plot - but I don't understand how you can say she was telling the truth while at the same time she knew who was supposed to be under the sheet.

She admitted to knowing how the rest of the season would play out.  That doesn't take away from the number of variables or whatever. If anything, it increases my confidence in the writers and the story, because they've actually got a plan that will hopefully make sense.

• Love 2

Whether she (or anyone else) knew who was under the sheet during filming, or not, to me does not influence how to interpret the scene. She could have been directed to act devastated, with or without knowing who the victim was. And the show could have decided later on whether it was a real breakdown or a fake one.

• Love 4

I think episode 7 will rule out Wes as the body under the sheet, then episode 8 will rule out either Frank or Nate. Then whichever one isn't ruled out will be confirmed as the death in episode 9. I still think the dead body is Nate.

As for Connor, I don't think he's in danger. If anything, I think it'll be revealed that he's having sex with someone (Simon maybe).

As for Laurel, they're gonna tease out the 'who's the daddy' storyline a bit but I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up miscarrying. I don't think the show will go through with her actually having the baby.

I love how Jack Falahee keeps posting pictures on Insta of him with shorter hair, and trimmed and/or no beard to try and make people think Connor is the dead body.  

Im going to be extremely shocked and dissapointed if Connor isnt revealed alive tonight as the rat.  

Someone from another board saw a theory on Twitter and I can see it happening.  Basically, the idea is that this does not mean Wes is alive.  There is a possibility that Wes went to the police station earlier in the day and that they are charging Annalise with first degree murder and arson precisely because Wes was under the sheet.  They'll believe that she killed their informant.

• Love 7

That fits in with my wish/theory that Frank goes after Wes to protect Annalise and try to get back into her good graces after somehow finding out he is the snitch.  Add in a mix of jealous of Laurel and Wes hooking up and you get more of psycho-murdered Frank.  

I still think Frank started the fire- especially after this week's episode.  I think he tells Wes that AK hired him to kill Mahoney, angering Wes, leading him to take heed of the "come at me" statements everyone made and Nate's warning at the courthouse.   Wes probably gets arrested and then turns on AK.   Frank then probably knows AK will freak out and call a meeting for the K5 at her house to discuss him and how he framed Wes and how he'll reveal everything.  This is when he gets revenge and sets the fire, framing AK.  The dead person is probably Connor.   

Who did give Wes' name to the police?  I don't think it was Frank, and the only other people who knew about Wes/Mahoney were Laurel/Bonnie/Annalise? Anyone else?  At first I thought it was the person on the phone but would they know about Wes and why wait 5 months.

12 hours ago, sking24450 said:

Who did give Wes' name to the police?  I don't think it was Frank, and the only other people who knew about Wes/Mahoney were Laurel/Bonnie/Annalise? Anyone else?  At first I thought it was the person on the phone but would they know about Wes and why wait 5 months.

Didn't Wes talk to the police immediately after Mahoney was shot? They likely still had his name from that.

11 hours ago, PBGamer89 said:

My DVR has the description of reveal episode "Who's Dead"

"Annalise has a heated confrontation with Nate after receiving a tip about ADA Atwood" is what stood out to me about the episode info.

"Heated confrontation." Bye bye, Nate.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, helenamonster said:

Didn't Wes talk to the police immediately after Mahoney was shot? They likely still had his name from that.

"Heated confrontation." Bye bye, Nate.

He did talk to the police but Nate told Annalise back in 3 x 06 that the NYPD had received an anonymous tip that Wes was a suspect, which lead the NYPD to focus on Wes again.

10 minutes ago, sking24450 said:

He did talk to the police but Nate told Annalise back in 3 x 06 that the NYPD had received an anonymous tip that Wes was a suspect, which lead the NYPD to focus on Wes again.

I thought the anon tip was Frank setting up David Mahooney. IIRC he planted the gun he used with David Mahooney's fingerprints, called in the tip and then headed back to Philly.

1 hour ago, Milaxx said:

I thought the anon tip was Frank setting up David Mahooney. IIRC he planted the gun he used with David Mahooney's fingerprints, called in the tip and then headed back to Philly.

I thought the police went back to investigating Wes, and then Laurel called Frank and blamed him - they showed Frank listening to her message - and then Frank decided to fix it by framing Mahoney Jr.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, secnarf said:

I thought the police went back to investigating Wes, and then Laurel called Frank and blamed him - they showed Frank listening to her message - and then Frank decided to fix it by framing Mahoney Jr.

Correct

I have been assuming that Laurel doesn't know she's pregnant. What if she does, or at least strongly suspects it? If she does and tells Wes, that could be why he is turning on Annalise. Laurel thinks that as long as she's in their lives with all the related drama hanging around, they will never be able to move on. Impending fatherhood could certainly prompt a guy like Wes to do something drastic, especially if he thought it would prove something to Laurel. It's not like either of them have much loyalty and affection for the rest of the K5.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, l star said:

I have been assuming that Laurel doesn't know she's pregnant. What if she does, or at least strongly suspects it? If she does and tells Wes, that could be why he is turning on Annalise. Laurel thinks that as long as she's in their lives with all the related drama hanging around, they will never be able to move on. Impending fatherhood could certainly prompt a guy like Wes to do something drastic, especially if he thought it would prove something to Laurel. It's not like either of them have much loyalty and affection for the rest of the K5.

This is a good theory, except at this point I can't see Laurel and Wes forming a family and raising their child. They're both still in school, and Wes at least has very few, if any, disposable funds to dedicate to raising a child. Any money Laurel has right now comes from her father, so she'd have to stay in Daddy Castillo's good graces for at least the next two years until she graduates and finds a job. On top of all this, they don't have the time to spare to raise a kid between school and their never-ending murder cover-ups. They'd have to find an alternative form of childcare (which would cost money that neither of them independently have), or one or both of them would have to drop out of school and find a good-paying entry-level job. They have bachelor's degrees and can put their internship with Annalise down on their resumes as experience (although if they helped to put her in jail, they might not want people to know they worked for her), but there's no guarantee they would find something that covers the cost of childcare.

For what it's worth, I can totally see Wes throwing Annalise under the bus to protect Laurel and their future child. He has a history of making bad decisions in the interest of his current romantic partner. But the longterm is just too complicated. I do not see a Baby Gibbins-Castillo ever actually appearing on this show, either because Laurel exercises her right to choose or she miscarries due to the tumultuous life that she and the K5 lead.

What would be funny is Wes ratting out Annalise as this big show of nobility only to tell Laurel and for her to be like, "Yeah, no, I have an appointment at PP tomorrow."

• Love 2
On 11/9/2016 at 3:20 AM, PBGamer89 said:

My DVR has the description of reveal episode "Who's Dead"

"Annalise has a heated confrontation with Nate after receiving a tip about ADA Atwood" is what stood out to me about the episode info.

Mine says "Annalise suffers a devestating loss." 

My DVR is really chatty. It says, "Tension among the Keating 5 culminates when Annalise and Bonnie get help from an unlikely source."

So cobbling all these bits together, I'm guessing the "her" Wes is ratting on is Atwood. I wonder if the unlikely source is Soroya. Maybe Atwood was using her the same way that Sinclair used Asher.

TBH - Unlikely source could also be Meggy (if Atwood is her aunt) or Simon who seems to want to be part of the K5.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 1

Yeah, at some point, Simon has to do something significant, because otherwise what is the point of him even being on the show?

Also, I suspect Oliver is going to do something extreme to find out what Connor is hiding, and I suspect it will amount to more than he bargained for if he finds out. Or, he might do something spectacularly illegal in order to show Connor he can be trusted and is not "above" him. I dunno. I just feel like at some point Oliver either joins the team fully or turns against them fully, depending on how he takes the truth once he finally knows what it is.

• Love 2

I'm not sure a rebound is healthy either, but they need to either be honest with each other or move on. As painful as it was to watch, I think the fight was needed. I don't think Connor's revenge sex with Thomas was a good move. Honestly I understand Oliver's frustration at being so blatantly lied to all the time.  As a fan of the pairing I don't want to see things wrapped up all neat and tidy. They both have issues they need to deal with before they can truly work as a couple. 

21 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

ZERO fucks to give about who's under the sheet.  Unless it's Shonda.  In that case, my hands will be bloody from doing cartwheels in the parking lot.

Why? Shonda has nothing to do with the directing or writing of this. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

I'm not sure a rebound is healthy either, but they need to either be honest with each other or move on. As painful as it was to watch, I think the fight was needed. I don't think Connor's revenge sex with Thomas was a good move. Honestly I understand Oliver's frustration at being so blatantly lied to all the time.  As a fan of the pairing I don't want to see things wrapped up all neat and tidy. They both have issues they need to deal with before they can truly work as a couple. 

Why? Shonda has nothing to do with the directing or writing of this. 

Because I have hate in my heart at this particular moment, and am prepared to blame anyone for my dying mother.  I'm a fool, and an asshole.

Edited by walnutqueen
she has something to do with this show, amirite?

I am sorry to hear that @walnutqueen.  I lost a parent a few years ago so I know exactly where you are coming fromml.

Shonda has absolutely nothing to do with Murder and Grey's at this point.  She is busy trying to fix Scandal and Catch, trying to launch Star Crossed, and shepherd pilots.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, helenamonster said:

This is a good theory, except at this point I can't see Laurel and Wes forming a family and raising their child. They're both still in school, and Wes at least has very few, if any, disposable funds to dedicate to raising a child. Any money Laurel has right now comes from her father, so she'd have to stay in Daddy Castillo's good graces for at least the next two years until she graduates and finds a job. On top of all this, they don't have the time to spare to raise a kid between school and their never-ending murder cover-ups. They'd have to find an alternative form of childcare (which would cost money that neither of them independently have), or one or both of them would have to drop out of school and find a good-paying entry-level job. They have bachelor's degrees and can put their internship with Annalise down on their resumes as experience (although if they helped to put her in jail, they might not want people to know they worked for her), but there's no guarantee they would find something that covers the cost of childcare.

For what it's worth, I can totally see Wes throwing Annalise under the bus to protect Laurel and their future child. He has a history of making bad decisions in the interest of his current romantic partner. But the longterm is just too complicated. I do not see a Baby Gibbins-Castillo ever actually appearing on this show, either because Laurel exercises her right to choose or she miscarries due to the tumultuous life that she and the K5 lead.

What would be funny is Wes ratting out Annalise as this big show of nobility only to tell Laurel and for her to be like, "Yeah, no, I have an appointment at PP tomorrow."

The ultimate joke would be for Wes to rat Annalise out for Laurel and it turns out Frank is the father.

• Love 2

What makes sense to me is that Frank finally bites the bullet and kills himself.  Bonnie and Annalise burn the house to confuse the scene., not realizing Laurel is inside.  That way, Wes can take over as the enforcer, killer, guy to run nasty assignments....you know, Frank's job.   Sadly, I prefer Frank over Wes.  Wes annoys me greatly. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Milaxx said:

I don't think Connor's revenge sex with Thomas was a good move.

I have a really bad feeling about this. I wonder if Thomas will turn out to be (knowingly or unknowingly) positive as well. Or working for someone (Mahoney, ADA, etc).

28 minutes ago, doram said:

I predict that by season finale, that baby will be born with nappy hair and brown skin and people will still be saying that the father could be Frank. 

LOL. Hysterical! 

• Love 1

Given that each season so far has equaled one semester and Laurel got pregnant around mid-terms/October, she wouldnt give birth until the end of next season at the earliest.

Actually, having the season 4 event be the birth of Laurel & Wes' baby and then having season 5 pick up years later would be logical.

3 hours ago, doram said:

I predict that by season finale, that baby will be born with nappy hair and brown skin and people will still be saying that the father could be Frank. 

Well, Frank is Italian, I'm sure those viewers will explain how with the connection to the Moors, Frank could produce such a child with a half-Mexican Laurel.  When the child is Wes's doppelgänger, I'm certain Frank's long-lost great grandfather will be revealed to be Wes's great-grandfather, thus explaining how Frank's child looks so much like Wes.

• Love 7

I remember when we visited we were told that Sardinia has a large African immigrant population. We could always fanwank Frank a long lost distance relative. lol

Or we could accept that Wes is the father of Larel's unborn child.

Anyway: My guesses for next week:

• The reason why Michaela isn't with Asher is they got into a fight because he answered her phone and set her up to met her mother. Asher being Asher went off to sulk and get drunk with his coeds.
  • Connor is still with Thomas. Somehow Oliver will find out Connot slept with him.

I need to rewatch the meager clips provided before I can guess how AK's house burns or how Laurel ends up inside. I am fairly certain the dead body is Frank.