Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: I Must Have Lost It On The Wind

• Start Topic

I don't think there is anything wrong with Arizona wanting to go back to school and learn a new specialty.  To do that when you're planning to have another baby seems like the timing is off, though.  New babies require a lot of care, and since they both already work really long hours and barely see the child they already have, new baby should be put on hold until they can actually be available to parent.  I don't blame Callie one bit for being taken aback at Arizona's sudden new plans.

If anyone cheered Callie treating Arizona like crap, it's because Arizona cheated on her. 

• Love 3

If anyone cheered Callie treating Arizona like crap, it's because Arizona cheated on her.

I don't think that is the only reason. The way the show portrayed Arizona's post-amputation depression wasn't really fair to the character and IMO was mostly done to elicit sympathy in favor of Callie. I'll admit that I myself had some difficulties with her character, and attribute it to the show not managing to show me her mindset well enough, not consistently enough that is.

It felt like she was always going through different reasons for being angry/cheating on Callie: first it was Callie not saving her leg, then Callie not being one of the survivors, then Callie not seeing past the leg... it was hard for me to feel compassion for her because I never got the impression that she admitted her own wrongs, or when she did it was really convoluted and always followed by a "but"...

And I agree that right now, it is less the desire than the timing that is a problem. Arizona, just like Callie, has every right to want to persue her own desires, just like Callie did when she was pregnant with Sofia and gave AZ an ultimatum. But coming right after the decision to go for a second baby and while they were talking about having a surrogate the very morning, I understand where the "bad timing" feeling comes from.

I still think the show isn't too kind on AZ, and hope they'll handle this issue better this time.

• Love 1
OMG now I know why she rubs me the wrong way....Waverly from Friday Night Lights! I am just finishing up season one and there she was!

When Maggie was introduced last season, I was so sure that it was the actress who played Waverly. I was shocked to find out that it wasn't, and I've mixed up the two actresses in other roles as well (e.g., Kelly McCreary's Castle episode was one with the dead pop star, Aasha Davis' was the one in the art gallery when she made the TV sculpture, but I get them confused). Aasha Davis was in a couple third season episodes of Grey's, though, which makes the whole thing even more confusing. 

Alex and Richard are my favorites.  I'm so happy they let Alex mature into a top notch baby doc.  Glad Richard didn't marry Catherine and I hope he gets that father-daughter thing going sooner rather than later.

Which will put Mer's nose out of joint because she's supposed to be Richard's ersatz daughter.

And speaking of nose joints, my take is that Mer was out of sorts because Derek made the personal sacrifice she was unwilling to make.

Nice redux glimpse of that terrific Sandra Oh scene--  "He's certainly dreamy, but he's not the sun. . .you are the sun."--except please, no more telling Meredith Grey the whole world revolves around her!

• Love 5

Oh I think it will. It totally will become the new "seriously"/gladiators/my person/etc. in the sense of "annoying catchphrase repeated endlessly by the writers of this show who have no idea it is nowhere as fun/funny/moving/witty/deep they think it is."

You don't get to call it annoying!  You're completely right, of course, but you don't get to call it annoying.

You don't get to call it annoying.   There, three times.

• Love 3

You don't get to call it annoying! You're completely right, of course, but you don't get to call it annoying.

You don't get to call it annoying. There, three times.

You don't understand, Starscream. Your post made it hard for me to breathe. It made it hard for me to eat. It made it hard for me to sleep. Every day that your post remains on the Internet is a day that I can't breathe. So you go about your life and the post is still there and I can't breathe.

So you don't understand. You can't understand. You made it hard for me to breathe.

Edited by CleoCaesar
  • Love 8

You don't understand, Starscream. Your post made it hard for me to breathe. It made it hard for me to eat. It made it hard for me to sleep. Every day that your post remains on the Internet is a day that I can't breathe. So you go about your life and the post is still there and I can't breathe.

So you don't understand. You can't understand. You made it hard for me to breathe.

To. Breathe.

Edited by marcee
  • Love 5

I really wonder how this hospital is able to stay open. Between the shooting, the use of faulty gloves, and now the gurney's falling out of the sky and killing people, there must have been so many damn lawsuits that I don't know how they can pay anyone.

Then again maybe that isn't a problem since I don't know why anyone would want to work there. Especially if you weren't a surgeon it must suck if you were in the top of your field in say OB or dermatology (two specialties they have) and know that you have no chance of ever sitting on the board because one seat went to Crazy Dr. Bailey or that guy who quit and then came back just because they are friends of the current board members.

• Love 1

I really wonder how this hospital is able to stay open. Between the shooting, the use of faulty gloves, and now the gurney's falling out of the sky and killing people, there must have been so many damn lawsuits that I don't know how they can pay anyone.

Then again maybe that isn't a problem since I don't know why anyone would want to work there. Especially if you weren't a surgeon it must suck if you were in the top of your field in say OB or dermatology (two specialties they have) and know that you have no chance of ever sitting on the board because one seat went to Crazy Dr. Bailey or that guy who quit and then came back just because they are friends of the current board members.

I think working there would suck for the surgeons who aren't on the board too, knowing that a group of your peers & colleagues who are on the same level as you professionally have more power than you because they own the hospital. Being scared to have a difference of medical opinion with them because they are effectively your boss even though you're both attendings, not being able to run endless tests and do procedures because of the cost while the owners can do whatever they want for their patients. 

When it was revealed in the finale it was no surprise to me that Maggie had some sort of personal connection to the hospital, I mean why else would she have wanted to work there. 

I think working there would suck for the surgeons who aren't on the board too, knowing that a group of your peers & colleagues who are on the same level as you professionally have more power than you because they own the hospital. Being scared to have a difference of medical opinion with them because they are effectively your boss even though you're both attendings, not being able to run endless tests and do procedures because of the cost while the owners can do whatever they want for their patients. 

You're absolutely right it would suck for those people too. I guess that is why in I imagine most places doctor's don't actually run hospitals at the top level. I would kind of love it if at some point this season someone said "You know Jones from Psych or Smith from Internal Medicine or Chang from OB would make a great addition to the board".

• Love 1

Whether it's Arizona or Derek, we still have people making major life decisions without consulting their partners.  It's the Grey's way.  All of these people absolutely have to be in relationships or they just cannot function.  Then, wile in relationships, they act like the don't need to involve the other person.

I like the thought of Arizona continuing to work on her skills.  It would be nice to see more of them doing that rather than strutting around like they know everything (Bailey).  But again it's an "I heard about something this morning and decided to do it" without discussing it first.  Even though Mer/Der discussed the move to DC multiple times, he makes a decision to change the plans without talking to her.   At some point it's just sloppy story writing.  With their short attention spans and inability to stick with a decision, how did any of them make it through med school?  How were they not distracted by a squirrel along the way?   

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

With their short attention spans and inability to stick with a decision, how did any of them make it through med school?  How were they not distracted by a squirrel along the way?

Part of the problem is the large cast, and the fact that every cast member appears in every episode. (And on top of that you have patient stories.)

It doesn't matter how significant the issue is, it's going to be dealt with in a few short scenes, with just a few lines. Too much is left out, and it makes the characters look like idiots.

I think this is a big reason why the stories on this show have become so unsatisfying.

Part of the problem is the large cast, and the fact that every cast member appears in every episode. (And on top of that you have patient stories.)

It doesn't matter how significant the issue is, it's going to be dealt with in a few short scenes, with just a few lines. Too much is left out, and it makes the characters look like idiots.

I think this is a big reason why the stories on this show have become so unsatisfying.

I take your point.  I watched it from the beginning recently and it was richer, with more depth to the storylines when it was only MAGIC, their superiors and the patients.

But, it's Season 11.  Meredith would have a string of surnames longer than Erica Kane's by now.  All in all, I think they've done a good job rotating people in and out while still maintaining the baseline.  I never tumbled to the "new interns" so it's fine by me if they get wiped out in the next vehicular catastrophe, but Geena Davis has the power to make me love her.

• Love 1

I'm so impatiente to see these news episodes !! I'm French and I have to wait to can see it in English with subtitles !! I don't know if I will resist to try to understand them just in English.. I was thinking that the saison number 10 was the last one! I'm so glade to learn that not !

• Love 2