Type keyword(s) to search

House - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

Such good stuff. I am enjoying watching the show again, although now I pick and choose the episodes and seasons. I never like the ones where House suffers too much. I started to watch the episode where Kuttner had died, but I couldn't watch it all the way through. I also skip a lot of the Tritter story arc.

• Love 4

I never got to watch the final season due to a scheduling conflict and no PVR, but CTV drama channel ran a House marathon over the holidays and I'm finally watching the final season! I just saw the episode where Chase gets stabbed and the next episode where he sleeps with a nun in training. Both were so good and my lord Chase was so pretty back then. Why is it that Jesse Spencer isn't hot on Chicago Fire?

I also really like Dr. Adams, and Taub trying to bond with his kids cracks me up.

Anyone else still watching this show in reruns?

• Love 5

I'm on episode 20 so the end is near which makes me sad. This has been so much fun. I can't believe Wilson has cancer. I also loved Chase's sex dream with Park a few episodes back. 

My PVR is taping some of the other seasons I've already seen but not in years. Hopefully I won't recall them too much so I can continue to feel as though I'm watching a new season, heh.

Well that was *sniffles*

I enjoyed the finale but my one complaint was no Chase in the second to last episode and then just a bit of him at the end. I like that he took over for House but I needed more of him. 

Overall, I really liked the team in the last season. Even Park grew on me. This was definitely my favorite team after the original one. 

While I'm sad Wilson is dying, I do enjoy him and House living it up until then. And I liked that House left a clue for Foreman letting him know that he was okay. 

Now off to watch the earlier seasons. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Well that was *sniffles*

I enjoyed the finale but my one complaint was no Chase in the second to last episode and then just a bit of him at the end. I like that he took over for House but I needed more of him. 

Overall, I really liked the team in the last season. Even Park grew on me. This was definitely my favorite team after the original one. 

While I'm sad Wilson is dying, I do enjoy him and House living it up until then. And I liked that House left a clue for Foreman letting him know that he was okay. 

Now off to watch the earlier seasons. 

I was happy with the finale, too, other than the fact that it was a finale, of course. The scene where he tells Wilson he's dead, so how should they spend Wilson's final months, and the look on Wilson's face as he realizes what House has done for him, and how much he really does care, was perfect. 

I also like the clue he left Foreman and have wondered if he would have kept it to himself or shared it with Chase.

• Love 5
On 1/13/2020 at 12:02 PM, ForReal said:

I also like the clue he left Foreman and have wondered if he would have kept it to himself or shared it with Chase.

I figured he shared it with Chase.  I hope he did.

• Love 3
On 1/23/2021 at 4:18 PM, TimothyQ said:

Just started a rewatch last week and I’m up to season 3. It’s as good as I remember and still holds up (mid-2000s problematic issues aside), but I forgot how much I hated the Tritter story line. 

I always skip those, except for the final episode of that arc when he gets out of jail.

On 1/23/2021 at 7:41 PM, Driad said:

I'm watching House on MeTV. The commercial breaks seem quite long. Is there a way to find out how much of an episode was cut out, and which parts?

If you look up the series on imdb.com, the episodes are listed individually with running times at the page bottom under Technical Specs. I think they usually run about 44 min. I don't know where you would find out what's been cut though.

• Love 1
On 1/23/2021 at 7:18 PM, TimothyQ said:

but I forgot how much I hated the Tritter story line. 

Me too! I don't understand why any of the doctors even talked to the guy, or how he got away with freezing people's assets, or why Cuddy didn't sic the hospital legal team on him.

Speaking of Cuddy, didn't the hospital have an HR department that could have spoken to her about the provocative way she dressed? It was very unprofessional.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Broderbits said:

Speaking of Cuddy, didn't the hospital have an HR department that could have spoken to her about the provocative way she dressed? It was very unprofessional.

That was such a ridiculous aspect of the show. I think it was just to give House an excuse to make lewd comments. He called her out on it many times, but the show never addressed how she reconciled dressing that way with wanting professional respect. It was a part of the show that it was unusual for a woman to hold the position of Dean of Medicine at a major hospital, so yes, she was detracting from her professional reputation by dressing the way she did.

• Love 4

As I recall, when he went to the hospital with his leg, he was in a relationship with Stacey but knew Cuddy from college. Later, after he sustained the permanent damage to his leg and his relationship with Stacey ended, Cuddy hired him at the hospital. I seem to remember House saying she hired him because she felt guilty, and she would respond that she got him cheap because no one else would hire him. Later, the writers retconned that they had hooked up in college and that Cuddy had a thing for House, and he for her.

• Love 1

IIRC, there was a writers' strike while House was in production. A reporter asked Hugh Laurie if he supported the writers. He said something like: "Absolutely. Without the writers, we couldn't ... uh ..." (He is very articulate, so this was intentional.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

In the second episode, which I just randomly watched for some reason, at the end you see House standing alone, watching the teen boy play lacrosse. Important because you get that he cares about his patients, but doesn't necessarily show it.

I think that the 'ducklings' job probably is limited, they are going to move on to other jobs. Also they take a lot of abuse from House, which isn't all bad for their development. We learn that. But it isn't sustainable for most people.

I was in it mostly for the Holmes/Watson dynamic, but I remember the original irregulars more than the latter ones.

On 12/18/2023 at 11:22 AM, Affogato said:

"...you see House standing alone, watching the teen boy play lacrosse. Important because you get that he cares about his patients, but doesn't necessarily show it.

And you see that he was once very athletic and you get a sense of what he has lost with his bad leg.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ForReal said:

And you see that he was once very athletic and you get a sense of what he has lost with his bad leg.

Yes it was a necessary moment if we are to sympathize with such a difficult character. Scenes like this made the show work.