Type keyword(s) to search

Caleb Johnson

• Start Topic

I wonder what goes through the contestants minds at this point in the competition.  Only Kelly and Carrie made mega careers out of idol, but there are enough who didn't win who managed to build decent careers when then show ended.  Then you have people like Clay and Phil Phillips who fought the Idol contract situation.

And with shows like The Voice on its heels, I wonder if the contestants shouldn't even aim for the win but instead just take the exposure they get along the way.

I don't think winning is all its cracked up to be - except for the ultra-special.

• Love 1

A fair number of AI non-winners have managed to make viable music careers for themselves, using the exposure they got on the show to get themselves a fanbase and, not infrequently, recording contracts. They aren't superstars, but they're making a living making music, and for most of them that seems to be perfectly fine.

• Love 1

I was just randomly scrolling my DVR and watched Caleb singing, "Baby I'm Amazed," amazingly.

I had forgotten the chills (goosies!) I had at the end when the penultimate chord progressions began. Keith could not contain himself.  Ricky and the boys outdid themselves with perfect tonality and fealty to the tune.  Caleb was, as Harry critiqued, phenomenal.  

What a great way for me to end this night.  I just wanted to share.  Cheers.