Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: She'd Better Not Be Staying

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

The Ohana crew is very unhappy to learn Adrienne will be coming on board as a guest, and when she blows the lid off the lingering tension between Kat and Amy, the boat erupts in total chaos. Kelley and Jennice’s awkward tension is becoming noticeable to their crewmates, and Amy feels isolated when Kat and Kate turn against her.

• Love 1

Well now we know what happened between Kat and Amy. Well, maybe. I thought Kat handled the confrontation with Adrienne really badly though, especially since the guests were present. Beverly and her family are paying to charter that yacht and whether Kat and crew like it or not, Adrienne is her friend. Be a professional and deal with it.

• Love 4

Supposedly on a charter 4 years ago when Kat and Amy worked together, Amy got her wisdom teeth out. Somehow during this time Kat gave a blowjob to some guy on the boat (in the next room, so Amy overheard). Obviously, copious amounts of alcohol were involved and Kat doesn't remember any of this. She didn't deny it, she just can't remember.

• Love 1

Supposedly on a charter 4 years ago when Kat and Amy worked together, Amy got her wisdom teeth out. Somehow during this time Kat gave a blowjob to some guy on the boat (in the next room, so Amy overheard). Obviously, copious amounts of alcohol were involved and Kat doesn't remember any of this. She didn't deny it, she just can't remember.

I'm not really getting why this caused a riff. Was the guy Amy's boyfriend? Otherwise, yeah I guess it's sort of uncomfortable and gross, but EVERYBODY has said that hookups happen all the time on charter. They were in another room after all. I'm not sure how this is such a huge deal.

• Love 1

No, the guy wasn't Amy's boyfriend. My guess is Kat knew she liked him or had a crush on him (possibly Amy told her) but Kat was drunk and looking for a hook-up. I can understand Amy being irritated at the time, but it's four years later so it's time to move on. It's hard to determine if back in the day Amy and Kat were really friends, or just friendly because they were colleagues.

I didn't really care for Amy basically encouraging Jennice to drop her boyfriend for Kelley.

Adrienne - ugh.

• Love 5

Am I insane in thinking that her recollection and reaction did her no favors? Both Kat and Amy looked like drama queens.

• Love 2

No, the guy wasn't Amy's boyfriend. My guess is Kat knew she liked him or had a crush on him (possibly Amy told her) but Kat was drunk and looking for a hook-up. I can understand Amy being irritated at the time, but it's four years later so it's time to move on. It's hard to determine if back in the day Amy and Kat were really friends, or just friendly because they were colleagues.

I didn't really care for Amy basically encouraging Jennice to drop her boyfriend for Kelley.

Adrienne - ugh.

There had to be more to it because otherwise it's the equivalent of your roommate having sex in her room while you sleep in your room. Maybe not the most pleasant part of having a roommate, but it's probably happened to everyone who ever had a roommate.

• Love 1

All that whining over a drunken blowjob while Amy was in earshot?

Five Gs, Amy, five Gs.

Seriously. What? Kat can't have sex unless Any leaves the ship? Why all the slut shaming? Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 3

I'm wondering how Sara D. Bunting will rank the cast for this one.  That was just an hour full of awful.

Even my yacht-throb Cap'n Lee let me down.  Nobody wants to think about your dick dragging through broken whiskey bottles, sweetheart.  Shhhh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The guy was visiting Amy, but Amy had to have her wisdom teeth removed and while she was post-surgery, on painkillers, Kat was giving the guy a blowjob in the next room.

I'm Team Amy on this one because there's no evidence that AMY ever told anyone about it or brought it up at all.  Even with Kate, that paragon of professional behavior, picking at her to get the dirt, she never said a word.  KAT'S the one who came back to the boat and put the gossip up on the marquee for everyone. 

Kat has a real problem keeping her mouth shut. . .

• Love 19

To me, Kat looks like a bloated, disgusting drunk, and I don't think that's slut shaming. If you don't remember giving a guy a blowjob because you were blacked out drunk, time to stop drinking sweetie. I hated how Kat tried to make herself the victim. No Kat, you're not a victim by far.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 19

Seriously. What? Kat can't have sex unless Any leaves the ship? Why all the slut shaming?

When Adrienne was repeating the rumor she mentioned that the guy was someone that Amy cared about.

I didn't get the impression that Amy is pissed right now about what happened 4 years ago. I think she was pissed about Kat and Kate gossiping about it, then telling her to get the hell out when she came in and asked if they could talk about the gossip. Kat was clearly furious when she heard this story being repeated, but instead of going right to Amy about it, she went to someone who is basically their boss and gossiped about it. I think Kate handled the situation all kinds of wrong. She clearly appears to be taking sides, which I don't think a person in her position should do.

I never know exactly what slut shaming is, but I certainly wouldn't want to do it. I don't think it says anything good about Kat if Amy did indeed care about him and she is blowing him in the next room. If saying so is slut shaming, then I guess sign me up.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 13

The guy was visiting Amy, but Amy had to have her wisdom teeth removed and while she was post-surgery, on painkillers, Kat was giving the guy a blowjob in the next room.

Visiting, as in boyfriend, or visiting as in friend?  It makes a difference, IMO.  I haven't watched yet so I'm in the dark here.  Yes, kinda shitty of Kat if she knew Amy had feelings for the dude, but not worth four years of drama.

• Love 1

Visiting, as in boyfriend, or visiting as in friend? It makes a difference, IMO. I haven't watched yet so I'm in the dark here. Yes, kinda shitty of Kat if she knew Amy had feelings for the dude, but not worth four years of drama.

But has there been 4 years of drama? It sounds like their relationship cooled, but it doesn't appear to have been a huge deal to either one of them. Amy didn't become hysterical when she found out she would be working with Kat again, and she never gossiped with the crew about what apparently happened. In my world, if I cared about someone and my friend went down on him, the relationship probably wouldn't be the same again. If Kat had kept her mouth shut, no one would even know about it and the gals would be working together and seemingly getting along pretty well. Seems like all the drama is on Kat at this point.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6

Amy and Kate pulled a Jennice this week going around venting to everyone else while completely ignoring the ONE crew member they actually had an issue with. I have a soft spot for Kat and I think it's so unfortunate that everyone is dwelling on something she did four years ago, especially after she's done a 180 this season, but she totally handled the Adrienne bomb immaturely. Obviously the guy wasn't particularly interested in either of them.

And I felt for Ben this episode. The guy is trying to do his job (for once dinner wasn't late despite the drama) and Adrienne is clinging to him like a koala to a eucalyptus tree. I can't know for certain but it looks like she gives awful hugs. You can see everyone flinching when she approaches them, even the Captain.

Edited by rho
  • Love 1

Visiting, as in boyfriend, or visiting as in friend? It makes a difference, IMO. I haven't watched yet so I'm in the dark here. Yes, kinda shitty of Kat if she knew Amy had feelings for the dude, but not worth four years of drama.

I'm in your boat. Pacific time zone, plus the Giants are playing the Dodgers, so...priorities.

It just sounded on paper that it was being implied that Kat did something wrong by having sex in a room near Amy. Which seems a bit puritanical, to say the least. I'm not surprised if there is more to the story. Of course, I rarely care who or what anybody smokes, drinks, or screws as long as they're not being cruel, dishonest or violent so that's me.

• Love 3

When Adrienne was repeating the rumor she mentioned that the guy was someone that Amy cared about.

Amy said this herself, as well, when she relayed the story to Eddie and Jennice in the break room. Is it the worst crime in the world? No. But it's pretty shitty, and it definitely breaks girl code. I think to Amy's credit, she never once brought it up or gossiped about it with the crew. So she was "over it," and didn't bring the drama. Forgive but not forget kind of thing. It was first Adrienne, and then Kat, who brought it up and spread the rumor. Why is Amy getting flak?

• Love 8

The way I heard it (and I'm always open to corrections), it was a guy that Amy liked.  They weren't dating.  Amy had her wisdom teeth pulled and was on serious meds.  Apparently this guy and Kat got drunk and she did him.  According to Adrienne, Amy walked in on them but I don't think Amy verified this.  If Amy was sooo upset about Kat doing this (and I'm not saying it was ok and Kat is in the clear because she claims not to remember) why would she sign up to be with Kat on another charter.   And why hasn't she confronted Kat about this earlier.

Keeping this all in mind, from what I see Amy is as immature as her brother.  She jumps to conclusions and assumes that Kate was talking smack about her to Kat but Kate didn't say anything about Amy.  She listened to Kat and said that they'll figure it out after the charter.  I'm team Kate on this one.  Shut up and do your job Amy.  What did you want?

Ain't Adrienne a piece of work?  And the rest of those people on the charter?  They're all family? 

• Love 6

It was first Adrienne, and then Kat, who brought it up and spread the rumor. Why is Amy getting flak?

I do not get it either. Amy did not bring it up, Adrienne did. Does Kat really expect Amy never to tell anyone about what happened in the four years. Hell, it could have been a crew member on whatever charter Kat and Amy were on that told Adrienne about it. Kat is the one that brought the drama to the boat and told Kate about it like Amy was at the beach herself telling Adrienne. I actually think Amy was pretty much over the whole thing, because in the first episode she seemed to be trying to make small talk with Kat and be cordial. I think Kat was being more standoffish in that episode. I do not remember really what Kate said when Kat told her everything, but I wish she would have not let Kat shut the door on Amy and just nip the whole thing in the bud right then.

So did Kat move into Jennice's room and then made Jennice move in with Amy? I did not quite get that whole thing. 

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 4

If Amy was sooo upset about Kat doing this (and I'm not saying it was ok and Kat is in the clear because she claims not to remember) why would she sign up to be with Kat on another charter.   And why hasn't she confronted Kat about this earlier.

She wasn't "so upset" about it. In fact, I thought she handled it with maturity. She said it wasn't a big deal, but she learned something about the guy, and she learned something about Kat. And then it was done.

I also don't think Kate has managerial skills. She's clearly more chummy and gossipy with Kat than with Amy. To allow Kat to close the door on Amy like that was not ok. Then when they talked later, she mishandled the situation again.

Lastly, man - is Adrienne hated, or what? I think she really thought she'd make a grand return. Or at least thought someone would be happy to see her. Nope. Not one.

• Love 8

And why hasn't she confronted Kat about this earlier.

She did, though.  In the first episode, Amy tried to clear the air with Kat and Kat was having none of it.  

But nearly everybody sucked (pardon me) on this episode.  Kat, for sure for losing her shit with Adrienne in front of the paying guests.  And then for gossiping to Kate.  And then trying to get Ben riled up with how good of a blow job it must've been.  Ugh.

Kate sucked for getting a bitchy with Amy.  But whatever, she's a sucky bitch, that Kate.

Charter guests sucked for being late and drunk (only ONE of those is tolerable.)

Guys were okay (save Captain Lee's comment about his dick).

And gold stars to Amy, for feeling really vulnerable and confused - knowing something's going on, but not sure what, getting shut out (literally) of a conversation, and still confront Kate about it.  Find your voice, sister!

• Love 6

Captain Lee , from his blog: "Amy, to be honest, I expected better from you. Something that happened four years ago should not have had the effect on you that it did." Um, excuse me, Captain? WTF?! Who are you to tell a young woman how to feel about something? Esp. about something personal. And I'll say it again - it happened 4 years ago, and Amy was a) over it; and b) not the one that brought it up or started gossiping about it on the boat! Amy gets chastised, and Kat gets a "Kat will be Kat" slap on the wrist? What a chauvinistic pig .

• Love 12
I found her behavior on my boat to be much less than tasteful. I thought it was classless and demeaning to me and the yacht. As a former crew member of mine, I expected a certain amount of class and decorum but got neither

Thanks for that link, breezy424. I love this comment of Capt. Lee's about Adrienne's behavior! I have spent a decent amount of time around people I used to work with and I would never act all outrageous and trashy around them just because I don't "technically" work for them anymore. Especially since Adrienne herself was going on about how small the yachting industry is!

(Edited to add) Yeah, I do agree that Capt. Lee's commentary about the the whole Amy/Kat situation (and Kate's handling of it) was quite problematic. But that's a can of worms I, personally, don't have the energy to get into at the moment, haha!

Edited by wovenloaf
  • Love 2

Ceruleana, they are all shooting a reality show, in cramped quarters miles from home. Amy and Kelly actually have an advantage over the others by having family on board with them.

They are the whiniest cry babies I've ever seen. Amy wailing that Kate had no soul and that she was "dying" made me laugh my ass off.

Did anybody else think it was a little creepy the way Kelly was lurking around listening to Kate and Amy talk. Was he planning to jump in if Kate was too mean?

• Love 2

-Last week Beverly (the primary) was the Captain's favorite guest from the previous season 

-Crew fouls up a dinner service again and the crew gets testy with the guests???

-No excuse for the crew's behavior towards Adrienne as a guest of the primary-they didn't really seem to have an issue with her last season at the Reunion.

-Kat was totally out of line towards the primary.  Twice she had inappropriate discussions.

-Kat needs to realize that her drunken behavior and subsequent indiscriminate sharing of body fluids will bite her in the ass from time to time.

-Kate and Kat were out of line-they should have explained quickly what Adrienne had started and agreed to discuss it at a later time.

-Maybe a pirate scavenger hunt for drunken guests isn't such a good idea.

-Unlike the captain I didn't think Adrienne's behavior was that out of line-she seemed quite calm at dinner.  The rest of the guests were horrific.  This whole thing seemed a we too bit contrived for me.

-Still don't care about the female deckhand.

-Why do these crew members change rooms in the middle of a charter?

-Kat was rude rummaging around at 6 am.  I think she takes Adderall or something

-I think Kat is a bit of a brute and got retained because she does start crap all the time.  I am not interested in her constant temper tantrums.  I think she was bad or worse than Amy with her recollection of events four years ago.

-At some point Kate needs to figure to let the rest of us in on why she dislikes Amy so much.

-The incident may have happened four years ago but at least acknowledge it was bad form on Kat's part take responsibility for causing another a little emotional pain.  Maybe Kat should have addressed early on-I never really saw Amy being crappy towards Kat.

-I don't think the tip was light -this crew needs to get their timing down.

• Love 5

Ceruleana, they are all shooting a reality show, in cramped quarters miles from home. Amy and Kelly actually have an advantage over the others by having family on board with them.

They are the whiniest cry babies I've ever seen. Amy wailing that Kate had no soul and that she was "dying" made me laugh my ass off.

Okay, then I'm not being a bitch when I roll my eyes whenever those two start welling up in their confessionals.  I thought I was being a little hard on 'em, because having cameras in your space 24/7 can sometimes take you there, plus still having to work.  But yeah, they seem fragile, especially Kelley.  Then when Amy is crying into his shoulder and he's all, Amy's been there for me when I had my "breakdown(s)", my God.  Reality TV might be a little too real for that one.

Can't wait to see more Kat/Amy drama when the new deckhand comes on next week.  I wonder if Ben'll get jealous?  I like him and Kat together with their wine, they crack me up.

• Love 1

Find your voice, sister!

Amy didn't have any problem finding her voice when she sidled up to Jennice and harassed her about Kelly. That little interlude was creepy.

When Adrienne initially told the story about Amy and Kat's conflict, she stated that Amy liked the guy who came to visit her while she was recovering from oral surgery, Kat gave him the blow job in the next room, and Amy walked in on them. Methinks Kat is very competitive sexually and, yeah, she has a problem with drunken blackout sex.

Adrienne was relishing her return to the cameras. She seemed desperate for camera time. She was apparently working another charter (so she stated) and left the drunken dinner in order to get up early the next morning and go to work.

Who is this woman (Kompiss' owner) who can afford two charters so close together? Or did production pay for the second charter?  And tell the guests to act like drunken fools?

One reason I think all these trashy guests are scripted is because I don't think in real life a captain of an expensive yacht would allow such boorish behavior. Or maybe captains will allow it so that the crew gets tipped.

• Love 3

Captain Lee , from his blog: "Amy, to be honest, I expected better from you. Something that happened four years ago should not have had the effect on you that it did." Um, excuse me, Captain? WTF?! Who are you to tell a young woman how to feel about something? Esp. about something personal. And I'll say it again - it happened 4 years ago, and Amy was a) over it; and b) not the one that brought it up or started gossiping about it on the boat! Amy gets chastised, and Kat gets a "Kat will be Kat" slap on the wrist? What a chauvinistic pig .

Completely agree.  I find Captain Lee's take on this to be strange, and I cannot figure it out. Perhaps he is trying to justify Kat's behavior because he brought her back again and gave her another chance? 

I found the fact that Kat decided to make herself the victim in this drama to be disgusting. Talking about "everyone talking about her sex life" was simply not the truth. She was the one who brought this information back to the crew. She was the one who was talking about it. Her comment to Ben about giving blow jobs because apparently she is better at them than Amy was just so below the belt to me, and extremely mean-spirited. I also found her behavior with the guests on the island to be outrageous. She was so pissed at Kate last week for potentially risking their tips with her blanket art, yet she acts in a manner than could easily impact their tips as well. As the matter of fact, didn't they get the smallest tip of this season from this group? Perhaps her behavior was one of the reasons for this (then again these people were just horrid so maybe they wouldn't tip well no matter what. I cannot believe this group was family). 

Not sure if anyone else caught it or not, but on second viewing, when Adrienne asked her if the rumor was true on the island and she said she didn't know, maybe it was, she also said "so what if she liked him, that doesn't mean he was off limits". It sounded like she knew exactly what she did, she knew it was wrong (hence the crying in the bathroom) and she was trying to minimize it in some manner. I didn't watch last season, so I came into the season liking them all. I've heard she is better this year than last. All I can say is, she must have really been something last year.

Oh yea, Adrienne is a total bitch. 

• Love 6

ho is this woman (Kompiss' owner) who can afford two charters so close together? Or did production pay for the second charter?  And tell the guests to act like drunken fools?

One reason I think all these trashy guests are scripted is because I don't think in real life a captain of an expensive yacht would allow such boorish behavior. Or maybe captains will allow it so that the crew gets tipped.

In one of the early articles about the show, Captain Lee Rosbach said that he always does whatever possible to accommodate the guest who hires the charter, and that now it would be the tv show who's hiring the charter.  Accommodating Bravo is the only excuse I can figure for Captain Lee's blog this week.  He sounds barking mad:

"Kate, Kate, Kate: thank you. I was pleased with the professional way you were trying to deal with the crew issues. The crew should take a lesson from you."

Pardon?

A supervisor who was being professional would have shut that shit down, all the way around, immediately.  Instead, Kate went and got all BFF with Kat, watched Amy get the door slammed in her face, wouldn't have any kind of conversation with Amy because "I tried but you wouldn't listen to me so now I'm not in the mood anymore"  and winds up the night with Kat in a little dance routine.

Everyone hates The Dread Pirate Adrienne, but her main crime as chief stew was being too uptight and hard-nosed as a boss, trying to rein in smirky Sam and sloppy drunk Kat.  I know it's all about the editing, but it seems to me the crew IS following Kate's lead--and that's why this show has become "chartered clusterfuck of the week."

P.S. Stop acting like your stupid little treasure hunt is God's own special gift to guest services.

• Love 10

I find Captain Lee's take on this to be strange, and I cannot figure it out. Perhaps he is trying to justify Kat's behavior because he brought her back again and gave her another chance?

That would make sense to me too.  How he could think that Amy was the shit stirrer in this drama is beyond me.  And that Kate handle herself professionally. 

If Kat came back to the boat and never said a word, none of the crew would have even known about the conversation that took place with Adrienne and the guests.  Eddie wasn't even there.  It would have been a non issue.  It was Kat's big mouth that got all this shit started and then she and Kate froze Amy out and treated her like shit.

My thoughts on Kate not being very nice to Amy about all it is because Kate has been trying to get Amy to tell her what went down between her and Kat and Amy would not tell her.  Amy kept her mouth shut Kat on the other hand did not, both 4 years ago and now.  See it's Kat's big mouth that gets her in trouble weather she is talking or not.  HA!

• Love 6

Yeah, pretty sure as long as its not clearly illegal, the captain will allow it. I mean, he could have spared Kelley the humiliation of having to get on the slide and have a female guest grind on his junk all the way down (and seriously, the female charter guests were hot for Kelley so I don't know how insisting he let them lie on top of him wasn't sexual harassment).

And as much as I agreed with the assessment, the captain let the guests call his chief steward a bitch to her face... and I totally think Kate's temper tantrum was knowing that she had to smile and say yes sir, to that because it wasn't like the captain was going to turn the boat around or call the guest on his behavior.

• Love 1

Completely agree. I find Captain Lee's take on this to be strange, and I cannot figure it out. Perhaps he is trying to justify Kat's behavior because he brought her back again and gave her another chance?

Here's my thought: I've only read a couple of the Captain's episode blogs, but here's what I get from them - he's kind of a hard-ass, macho dude, or he likes those kinds of guys. In an earlier blog, he made fun of Kelley for falling off that swing, and basically called him a baby. As for Kat - let's face it - her behavior is kind of boorish. She got drunk, and gave a guy a blow job. The Captain seems amused. Or at least nonplussed. But Amy? She reacted like a girl. She got upset, and has pouted for four years. She's still holding a grudge. She's still talking about it. She said she was confused.. She even started to cry! Is she the Captain's kind of crew mate? Nope. Too soft. That's my take.

FYI - Kat was shown to be a pretty big partier last season. She was drunk while on duty (at least) once, Adrienne reported her, and I think she lied to the Captain (Kat) and told him she was on anti-anxiety meds. (She was, or she had a prescription, but I'm pretty sure the night-vision cameras in her bunk showed her drinking). Plus, at the reunion she admitted she had a drinking problem, and talked about wanting to change. Just some background for you.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 1

All Kat would have had to do with Adrienne was deny it...at least in front of the charter guests. Adrienne admitted it was only a rumor and couldn't confirm it as true. If Kat had held her composure and simply said none of it was true (whether it was or wasn't) that could have shut the whole thing down. If Kat had needed to discuss it further maybe pull Adrienne aside, or go to Amy directly. Obviously Kat said she had zero recollection of this blackout blowjob in the first place so it would have been very easy to say it never happened. But no, instead she had to go and make a huge dramatic spectacle about it, in front of guests and her fellow stews. Very mature, Kat.

• Love 5

Did anybody else think it was a little creepy the way Kelly was lurking around listening to Kate and Amy talk. Was he planning to jump in if Kate was too mean?

I was wondering that too. Kelley is starting to come off as a serious creeper, and I don't blame Jennice at all for running away from that hot mess. I get that Kelley is being overprotective, but isn't Amy the older sibling? I'm sure she's totally capable of having a discussion with her boss without her brother's help. Even if her boss is being a bitch.

Kat was shown to be a pretty big partier last season. She was drunk while on duty (at least) once

I felt like she was drunk on the island.  She was slurring and the crying in the bathroom and then running back to the boat to gossip and over react are all trademark drunken bitch reactions.  I feel like when confronted with this rumor, a sober person would have responded with a calm "that was four years ago.  Am I proud of that time in my life? No. But I like to believe I've grown up since then.  It is unprofessional to bring it up, I'll be sitting over here when you want to go back to the boat"   I mean, maybe there would have been some facial reactions and maybe even some swearing in the response, but definitely not the reaction that was shown. 

It was a BJ with a guy who her roommate "liked".  Was it the classiest move in the world? No.  But she wasn't caught in a 3-way with her roommate's fiancee and brother.  Everyone on the boat needs to calm down. 

• Love 3

I felt like she was drunk on the island.  She was slurring and the crying in the bathroom and then running back to the boat to gossip and over react are all trademark drunken bitch reactions. 

I thought so , too. In fact, I thought it was so obvious - I thought for sure it would be brought up. I was surprised it wasn't.

• Love 4

I certainly hope this charter group got a freebie via Bravo, and the crew pretty much deserved a big fat zero for a tip. Every single one of them was amazingly unprofessional, even Eddie...I assume the group was expecting his company at the beach bar, but the second he sees big bad Adrienne he turns tail & runs? Oh man the f up you little bitch.

Kat is trash. That's all I have to say about that.

• Love 7

IMHO, Kat is an idiot! She talks about Adrienne being a lesbian (ha! ha!), but her sexual escapades are off-limits?

And she is soooo embarassed that she repeats the entire story at the top of her lungs to a roomful of people? Better she laughed and said, "irresistible, ain't I?". Instead, she compounds the felony by referencing her constant drunkenness.

She slut-shamed herself, you ask me.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 6

Could these people be any more immature?

Kate thinks she's on the UES with Sondheim and Mike Nichols planning scavenger hunts for intelligent, educated people when the guests are ribald drunks. Kat is so self-conscious that she retails a story that makes her look like complete trash to all who will listen. Amy freaks because two people are "talking about her" and how will she "go on" in the face of that?

A constant chant of Me. Beyond boring; Adrienne was not perfect, but she looks great next to the current Kate. Kat, why are you on TV? Not doing yourself any favors, lady.

• Love 2

I didn't think Adrienne was all that bad.  A little in your face, trying to get the crew to greet her like a long lost sister, but otherwise ok for the most part.  She seemed embarrassed by the dinner crew - constantly covering her face and making faces.  At one point, didn't it seem like she gave Captain Lee a look of WTF about the rest of the people's behavior?

The Kat/Amy story is weird.  If you are on charter, who schedules oral surgery during the season?  Wisdom teeth aren't usually a thing that you have to get done "right now".  Then Kat getting all emotional about it.  Then the blond charter primary following Kat to comfort her/whatever was weird. 

I don't remember the crew (other than Sam) being so much "Adrienne is the devil. DIE DIE DIE." last season, including the reunion.  Heck, after she visited Ben in the galley, she went in wearing the hat, he was wearing it when she left to go back to the group.  Methinks we have some production shenanigans.

• Love 3

I thought so , too. In fact, I thought it was so obvious - I thought for sure it would be brought up. I was surprised it wasn't.

The way she spoke to the primary charter guest was pretty bad and I can't believe Captain Lee didn't mention that while he was calling out Amy for a seemly lesser crime of whining.
  • Love 6

I'm normally more along the lines of an accountless lurker, hoping not joining/posting will keep all of  my trashy reality show obsessions more secret, but this episode is the one where I finally join and comment, mainly because of all of the Amy sympathy I'm seeing. I need to know for real whether or not I'm crazy, because I don't actually think hooking up with someone your 'friend' (more likely work colleague) likes is awful unless it's in high school? I mean, I guess to me it would depend on the circumstances, but unless Amy was like a lovesick puppy, actively pining, and getting ready to ask him out/he's almost ready to ask her out, I don't necessarily believe in calling "dibs", friendship or not. Though what Kat did was wrong in the sense that she didn't actually seem to like the guy, just wanted sex, and Amy had an actual emotional and physical attraction to him apparently. I guess I'm saying it could be interpreted poorly for Kat, but without more details I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.
However, the behavior after finding out the rumor...that's entirely wrong. From the second they boarded the boat again you knew that the whole crew would be aware in 5 minutes. She was itching to tell someone. I thought Kate should have kept her from slamming the door or apologized to Amy after talking to Kat, but I think Kate was more just nodding her head and engaging Kat rather than actively gossiping.
But, to be fair, Amy "was walking to her room" (as she told Kelley) when we saw her follow the other two interior ladies as soon as she heard Kat say she wanted to talk to Kate. Or maybe that's just my interpretation, meh.
Another thing I see brought up on these threads often is Jennice (is that how you spell it?) being a poor deckhand. I think this is the first episode that it's truly been shown, as far as pulling up the anchor/ropes or whatever that was, and needing help from Eddie. While I know cruises are much different than yachts, but I know on the cruises my family has taken they called people who worked on deck "deck hands" even though the majority of the work is cleaning the boat and I guess just making sure it looks good/nothing grows on it. I suppose it may be different, and due to small crew numbers they'd want everyone to be butch and strong, but if they had 2 other deckhands and Eddie to deal with most of the lifting, I could see her being useful as far as waxing the boat/making sure all of the outdoor stuff is the way it's supposed to be. On the topic of Jennice...Amy's talk with her was weird/creepy and I don't get why she can't just stay in her own room and let Kat move in (I understand why she'd want to be with Amy over Kat, but the way it was presented on TV was she was just being forced to move over to Amy's).
Quite frankly I'm surprised Kat didn't try to work some deal to be in Ben's room. Or does he only have one bunk? I've forgotten.
Other comments:
The guests were repulsive imo, I mean yeah, you're paying for the yacht you can do what you want, but I don't find that to be attractive behavior ever, at all, especially if they were all related and so crass, that's even worse.
Kelley and Amy seem kind of whiney to me. Even if Amy was more justified in her whining this episode than Kelley. Maybe it's just because I never had siblings, but I don't get the tear/hug fest every week.
Jennice on the phone with her boyfriend at the end was hilarious to me. I imagine she was thinking along the lines of "I just turned down a hunk for you and you won't even see me when I'm in port?!!"
I never liked Adrienne, liked her even less in just this 1 episode than all of last season. Her hugs/kisses were weird and I think most everyone who received one looked like they were uncomfortable with it.
Ben finally managed to get the food out on time, I'd say good job but in reality it'd be more of an "adequate job" seeing as it's expected you eat at a scheduled time, not whenever Ben feels like.
Speaking of the dinners being late, anyone notice how when Cpt Lee eats with the guests, the dinner is never late? Do you think it's because production wouldn't do that to him, or Ben wouldn't do that to him? Or just a case of correlation?
I apologize for the spazzy character of this post. As I said I just finally made an account, so I guess I'll figure out how I'd like to format my ideas/opinions of the shows I watch as time goes on. I'm also sorry if I got any info wrong, as I don't commit my full attention to the show, I watch it more just for fun and then to know what's going on when I go read the forums later. I personally feel that people's comments are often more entertaining than reality shows themselves.

• Love 4