Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Go Now

I am a fan of the show, but only because it's cheesey fun.  I do not mourn any of the dead characters.  In fact, I was glad to see Rebecca get knocked off.  She has irritated me from the start.

Has it been renewed?  I'll be back next season.  It's one of those shows that's a dumb-fun watch.

• Love 2

Are there people out there who genuinely like this show and think it's good? Like, are there boards where people are having serious discussions about plot twists and love triangles? Are people actually invested in these characters? Do they mourn these shocking deaths like it was the Red Wedding all over again? Does this show have real fans?

http://www.fanforum.com/f92/under-dome-2x13-go-now-episode-discussion-original-airdate-sept-22-a-63132747/

As usual, this was a stinker, but it lacked those insane LOL-worthy moments, that have made this show the greatest comedy of the summer. 

I felt the same.  This was as dumb as any other episode, but I didn't find it "fun" to watch the stupidity.  Maybe it was all the death.  The thing I hate most about shows that kill off everyone is there's no point in getting invested.

So they killed the only two redshirts with speaking lines, and Angela was there from the beginning.  As annoying as she was, at least it gave the semblance of some sort of community.  

And what was up with Barbie and Julia completely ignoring the kid after he saw his father get electrocuted and catch on fire after being struck by lightning.  Sheesh!   Oh and go help load the buses too, kid.

I have actually grown to like Rebecca.  At least she's helpful.  Part of the "fun" of this season was hearing her ridiculous "scientific" explanations of Dome events, not to mention her even more ridiculous solutions to those problems.

In this episode, Joe gives it a try: "The Dome is a sphere so it's contracting horizontally and vertically.  I think it's shutting down.  Everything inside is going haywire."  Huh?  How did he get that?  Extrapolation x 10000000000000000000000000?  

Wasn't the contracting enough?  Why did we need lightning too?

I just hate Big Jim even more now.  Of course, every character will be killed before he is.

Pauline's final painting was practically a Picasso.

I thought the wall exploding away at the end would reveal that they're back outside the high school which is beside a mountain which was "there all along".  Oh wait, that's the Season 3 premiere.

Norrie described this episode best: "Maybe it's nothing but a giant suckhole."

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

3 minutes in and is spectacularly bad.

Despite the fact that Pauline was just stabbed, the blood on her face is already dry. How is that even possible ?

Everyone just glosses over the fact when Big Jim tells everyone that Lyle stabbed Pauline, and now Lyle is dead.

No one even asks how, they just move on assuming Big Jim murdered him.

And they just happen to be carrying a stretcher -- in the Prius.

Pauline tells Julia that she had a vision after she was stabbed, and Julia that is still the monarch.  WTF ?

They hear someone yelling, and its the son of the farmer who was all bitchy a couple of episodes about having to hawk his stuff for food. He's trapped under some farm equipment -- how this thing fell on him, I have no idea ?  Was it wall-mounted ?

As Barbie and Julia approach the farm, lightning is striking everywhere and as Barbie is helping pry the equipment off the farmer, the lightning goes out of its way to go through the building wall and strike the farm equipment, electrocuting the farmer to death and setting fire to the barn.  It is so laughably bad.

Pauline is dying from the stab wound, Why don't they just wrap a bandage around her shirt, it worked for Julia's leg wound.

The reduced Scooby Doo gang (Scooby Doo lite Gang, since there's only 3 out of 4 of them ?) go rappelling down the Domehole to see if they can find Melanie or maybe a way out or both.  But first, they run back to the high school to get tablets to see if they can get a wifi signal (I wish I was making that up), only no signal.

Pauline begs Rebecca to euthanize her. I'm sure that will work out well.

Back to Barbie and Julia and the farmer's kid, the lightning has mysteriously stopped (because why ?) and Barbie leaves for the Domehole while Julia and the kid go to the high school.

The Scooby Doo Lite gang wander the tunnels which are now lit with purple light strips everywhere, hop a small chasm and come to a fork in the tunnel and have no idea what to do.  Until, a monarch butterfly appears and goes down one of the tunnels followed by the tunnel lighting up with orange light.  Just as they are about to follow the butterfly, an earthquake hits so they cheez it back out of the tunnel accompanied by some of the shittiest shakycam work I've seen (you can literally watch the camera rotate back and forth).

Julia starts organizing everyone to be transported to the Domehole based on the assumption that the Domehole might (emphasize the word 'might') lead to a way out.  That is pretty big conclusion to jump to, let alone.

Big Jim yells at Andrea in what looks like the high school nurses office while looking for saline -- why is Andrea there, and not serving up meals at the Sweetbriar ?  Do high school nurses stations seriously keep giant bags of saline on hand ? 

Fivehead is sad about her moms.  Because one is dead and she hasn't seen the other for days.

Pauline: "This is what the Dome wants. I'm paying for my sins."  WTF ?  What sins ?

As the rain stops and everyone looks up, the clouds streaming by thin out -- exactly Where were all those clouds going to -- they are in a Dome !!  Are the writers unaware of that fact ?  Julia mentions something about the Dome messing with the weather patterns -- what weather patterns, they are in a Dome !!!

Pauline finally dies thanks to Rebecca's morphine OD.  No big surprise then that Big Jim threatens to kill Rebecca but Sam intervenes for a bit before Big Jim decks him and Sam goes down hard (his head bouncing off a table before hitting the floor.  Then Big Jim throws Rebecca in to a door, picks up a hammer, and kills Rebecca with a blow to the head.  Finally !!! Someone should have done that to Rebecca back in Season 2 opener because she was a completely useless addition to the Under the Dome cast.

Big Jim goes to Pauline's art studio and makes his killing spree extortion deal with the Dome gods if they don't bring his wife back to life.  No answer from the Dome, so he puts her on the couch, covers her up and sets fire to all of Pauline's shitty art (doing the world a huge favor in the process) and burning down the the whole studio.

Big Jim gets Andrea to radio Julia for help at her house (how did Andrea get from the high school to her house so quickly ?), and Julia is there in minutes (almost like she doesn't even have a major leg injury at all).  Julia picks up a baseball bat and a large jacknife just sitting outside of the open door, enters the house and gets captured Big Jim who is armed with a gun and the hammer.  Sam radios Julia that Big Jim killed Rebecca, is on the loose and to watch out for him -- Julia plays along.

Big Jim then kills Andrea for no reason other than she's just there.  Julia then distracts Big Jim, and runs through the doomsday preppers house o' crap (limping like she finally noticed she has big bandaged wound to her leg), but Big Jim grabs her again. And as he is winding up to kill her with the hammer, Julia has time to pull out the jacknife from her pocket, open it, and stab Big Jim through the foot.  Seriously.  Julia runs to the Domehole with Big Jim in hot pursuit.  I might note at this point that Julia's leg wound has started to bleed -- why now exactly ?

Everyone in town (all 75 of them, where are the other 1900 people from a couple of episodes ago when Big Jim mentioned the 2000 people they would have to walk through the tunnel to safety) goes down the Domehole, except Junior who stays to care of his Dad.  Question -- Who are all these people at the Domehole ? Most of them have never been seen before.

After a momentary standoff, Junior puts a bullet through Big Jim's right shoulder that doesn't even knock him off his feet.  Junior decides not to disarm Big Jim or even put another bullet in him and hightails it for the Domehole.

Junior is running and jumping over falling tree obstacles on the way to the Domehole for several hundred yards, but Big Jim goes all Pepe Lepew on him and manages to keep up by slowly walking (WTF ? It is laughably stupid once again.)  For some reason, all the trees in the forest being felled by the earthquakes have decided to collectively cover the entrance to the Domehole.

Meanwhile, down in the tunnel, everyone gathers together at the fork in the tunnel except Julia and Barbie.  They come up the tunnel next to last but first there's an earthquake that widens the chasm encountered previously, only now its too wide for the part-time leg injured Julia to jump across.  So Barbie jumps across the chasm, tells Julia he loves her and will be back (awe, that's nice) before heading deeper into the tunnel.  Junior catches up with Julia and they decide to stay there until rescued.

Barbie catches up with the Scooby Doo Lite gang at the fork in the tunnel and the proceed down the tunnel selected by the monarch butterfly.  As they make a turn in the tunnel, they encounter a deadend in the tunnel filled with thousands of phosphorescent orange monarch butterflies, that that then decide to fly the hell out of there back the way the townsfolk came from (maybe they are going to assemble together and form a bridge for Julia to cross the chasm).

Fivehead throws a tantrum about "this can't be all there is" at the tunnel dead end until a lone non-phosphorescent monarch butterfly appears from out of nowhere and lands on the cave wall.  Barbie place his hand on the identical location of the cave wall and the wall starts to turn a pretty blue color.  Blue light cracks fan out from Barbie's hand on the wall, Barbie moves his hand from the wall as the entire cave wall turns blue and shatters to unveil ....... a pristine white room containing ...... Drownsie.

And Drownsie says "Follow me, We are going home".  And that's it.  

And why is Drownsie all wet ?

That's the the stupid cliffhanger that these shitty writers came up with.  What a fucking stupid episode to end a Season 2 full of stupid episodes.  This is like Bad Screenwriting for Dummies.

ETA: What was up with Julia's makeup in the tunnel ?  Her face was a John Boehner level of orange when she was stuck at the chasm.

my sides, oh, my sides

please god let there be a synopsis by you for every episode

i just found this board after watching the finale/compost pile that is ep 13

created an account solely to give thanks to the post i just read, yours

you're doing god's work, ottoDbusdriver, god's work

"why do they call em fingers, i've never seen em fing... oh, wait, there they go"

-otto

3 minutes in and is spectacularly bad.

This post is a masterpiece, ottoDbusdriver. I'm a long-time lurker and refugee from TwoP who like our friend bacon had to create an account just to commend you. I would read you hate-watching anything!

I've been watching this trainwreck religiously since the premiere. This is high camp; as delicious as Rupaul's Drag Race. After these past few episodes I can't believe the writers aren't just frakking with us now. I mean that lightning strike in the barn? That horrific slo-mo in the  tunnel? the epic fake blood fail? Joe's delivery of any line? COME. ON.

Edited by theidiotbox

Where to begin?  And what can be said after all of the previous posts?

What amazes me is how can these actors can even say their lines much less without laughing their asses off.  And what is more amazing is people watching it actually take it seriously.  It is beyond dumb.  I lose brain cells every time I watch it. 

Am I in for next season?  Hell yes just because I have to see this train wreck to the end.  And Melanie coming back all dreamy like with a big light behind her saying we are going home would not give me any warm and fuzzies if I were a Dumbnite.

• Love 1

I'm not so sure I will actually watch if there is another season. Reading the boards (esp. w/OttoDBusdriver) might be a better use of time--even for entertainment purposes.

ETA: But then I'm the starter of Dome Watchers Anonymous, and clearly I fell off the wagon long ago.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

Before watching the show, I like to preview the funny parts with Tara's recap.  But this time there was the bonus Otto recap and by the time I got through Jordan's post, I was laughing so hard, the workmen in the yard stopped shoveling up roof tiles and looked my direction.  Using The Annointed One to supervise loading the escape bus and butterflies forming a handicapped ramp just cracked me all the way up. 

Now I'm in such a good mood, I hope it does get renewed.  There aren't so many belly laughs out there that we can pass up the low hanging Dome fruit.

Fingers crossed for Season/Week Three!

Poor Rebecca, I don't think Lima beans are going to help this time.

When the late, great "Jericho" was cancelled after its first season, fans sent in peanuts (it has plot significance with that show I won't go into here) to help convince CBS to un-cancel it.

If "Under the Dome" gets cancelled, I think we should start sending Lima beans to CBS.  Not so much to bring the show back, but just because I kind of like the idea of mailing frozen Lima beans to CBS.  Maybe we should do it regardless of whether or not they bring back "Under the Dome."  It would be stupid and confusing, which would definitely be in the spirit of the show.

• Love 5

Jericho fans were so committed to saving the show that CBS got so many peanuts they were literally donating pallets of them to the US military.

This show? CBS would probably get about six cans total. (All way past expiration.)

(Although I do love the image of some CBS exec getting one and going "What the Hell?"}

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 4

Why does the dome insist on making tunnels for people to get in/out?  I was established in the first season that the dome goes far underground - farther than the depth of these tunnels.  So why the hell doesn't it just open a doorway on the surface?

I am so sick of Julia's quasi-religious worship of the dome.  "The dome will protect us," like it's some ancient god or something you pray to for rain for your crops.  The dome is what created this mess you're all in.

And just kill Big Jim already.  I hate when when a show keeps inventing any excuse to keep around a character that should have been killed off long before, just because the actor is a "big star".  This ain't Breaking Bad, time to put this dog down.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 1
I am so sick of Julia's quasi-religious worship of the dome.  "The dome will protect us," like it's some ancient god or something you pray to for rain for your crops.  The dome is what created this mess you're all in.

I've always hated this, too.  Where in the world did they get the idea the Dome would protect them?  From what?  Chesters Mill seemed to be doing just fine before the Dome.  It wasn't until the Dome appeared that the residents started dropping like dead flies. 

The Dome is for sure not protecting them from axe/hammer murderers or Big Jim.  Julia herself was shot and impaled and frozen, all under the "protection" of the Dome. 

• Love 2

The title of this episode pretty much sums up what I want to tell the show. Go! Now!

But somehow I can't quit it.

That title is set up like a big fat slow pitch coming smack dab in the middle of the plate. You couldn't miss it if you were wearing a blindfold. 

Fivehead is sad about her moms.  Because one is dead and she hasn't seen the other for days.

Yes, when she was telling Joe, "I can't leave my mom behind," I was wondering whether she meant the dead one or the one she's been ignoring (so that the show doesn't have to pay the actor) for weeks. 

Pretty sure he went back to the clinic to find the bags of saline. We learned a couple episodes ago that it was damaged (I think by an earthquake, or maybe a low budget for sets) so they were using the school instead. 

Someone did tell someone else to go to the clinic and get saline. I can't remember if it was Rebecca or Sam. 

Oh look, my home-made DVDs of "Alphas". I almost forgot that one, too.  Right next to "Alcatraz", and "Journeyman" and.............

I liked both of those shows, mainly because of the cast. I think they could have gone somewhere had they had another season. 

Throughout the season, I can't say I've been riveted to the screen, but I've been able to pay enough attention to rag on it. With this episode, however, I had a hard time doing even that, especially in the last fifteen minutes. I rewound at least three times because my recording would get to the end and didn't realize it. Something about all those tunnels and caves and sinkholes and changes of who was going where and who was getting killed just didn't keep my attention on the screen. 

Before the show aired, I was speculating what sort of imminent danger they would be in this time - the idea that the imminent danger would be a deranged Big Jim never crossed my mind.  I guess I have to give the writers props for surprising me.

At the beginning of this season, Barbie's voice-over states that "two weeks ago, a dome came down..." and at the end of this season, Barbie tells everything that they have been through a lot the last two weeks - so the first season was two weeks and the second season was all in a day or two?  Wow, time flies when you are almost getting killed everyday. 

When Barbie was telling the townsfolk that they need to trust him even though he is a stranger, I was hoping he would say "You don't know me, unless you came to my hanging last Tuesday - really nice gallows you built too, by the way - but you need to trust me...."

When they were trying to decide which way to go at the fork in the tunnel, I think I may have said out loud, "It doesn't matter, they both lead to the same place."  I am pretty sure it was the same set they used for the last tunnel, with neon lights added.

Did it never occur to them to bring a log down there to lay across the chasm in the tunnel? Why didn't Junior just finish off his dad? Oh right, because they want Dean Norris back next season. So Jim has gone from calculating criminal to serial killer. I liked how Drownsie appeared from behind the collapsed wall with the light of Heaven behind her like she was Jesus on the third day. Good grief. Can't wait for another year of this wacky dome!

When Julia and Junior were waiting at the edge of the great divide, all I could think was that Junior needs to go get a log or two (a few seconds earlier, I was thinking Junior needs to practice target shooting. 

• Love 1

When Barbie was telling the townsfolk that they need to trust him even though he is a stranger, I was hoping he would say "You don't know me, unless you came to my hanging last Tuesday - really nice gallows you built too, by the way - but you need to trust me...."

"'. . . even though I have a shady past as a military special operator and accidentally killed Julia's husband trying to collect a debt. (Sorry Julia.) Oh, and my father is conspiring to keep us in here. But let's set all of that aside and work together."

• Love 1
the idea that the imminent danger would be a deranged Big Jim never crossed my mind.  I guess I have to give the writers props for surprising me.

You're more generous than I am.  Big Jim was pretty much deranged in the Season 1 finale murdering Dodee and then trying to kill Barbie.  Only to be rehabilitated.  And now it's the Season 2 finale and Big Jim is even more deranged murdering Angela and Rebecca and then trying to kill, oh, it's Julia turn this time.  A show can only use that trick once.  

When they were trying to decide which way to go at the fork in the tunnel, I think I may have said out loud, "It doesn't matter, they both lead to the same place."  I am pretty sure it was the same set they used for the last tunnel, with neon lights added.

Yeah, it looked exactly the same.  The plot on a typical episode already makes no sense, but what they were doing in the finale made even LESS sense, if that makes sense.  Joe and Norrie left the tunnels without even finding out where it led.  Barbie had no idea if the tunnels led anywhere, or even had a big black hole like the last one.  After seeing Phil impaled, Barbie seriously would have the entire town jumping into the abyss?  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

You're more generous than I am.  Big Jim was pretty much deranged in the Season 1 finale murdering Dodee and then trying to kill Barbie.  Only to be rehabilitated.  And now it's the Season 2 finale and Big Jim is even more deranged murdering Angela and Rebecca and then trying to kill, oh, it's Julia turn this time.  A show can only use that trick once.  

Shut! Up! The writers will hear you!

BOO FOR killing Rebecca...the ethnic cleansing is nearly complete. And boo for not paying Ben Drakes actor to show up for the exodus. Oh, and why do people here call Nori five head? I don't get it.

The stretch of cranium below the hairline is usually called a forehead. Hers is bigger than average, so it's a fivehead.

I hope Julia's pants have good health insurance because it looks like they aren't going to heal anytime soon. 

The plot on a typical episode already makes no sense, but what they were doing in the finale made even LESS sense, if that makes sense.  Joe and Norrie left the tunnels without even finding out where it led.  Barbie had no idea if the tunnels led anywhere, or even had a big black hole like the last one.  After seeing Phil impaled, Barbie seriously would have the entire town jumping into the abyss?  

But a butterfly and, later, many butterflies, showed them where to go.  They have to trust the butterflies, they were sent by the dome, so they must be there to protect the townsfolk. These are the same butterflies that, when they were little baby caterpillars, tried to eat all the crops, even though those crops aren't part of their normal diet.  Aargh!

Hey, I just realized something - the dome is there to protect them.  The dome sent the butterflies to show them the way out - the way out of the dome that is protecting them.  Does that mean the dome doesn't want to protect them anymore?  Can't say that I blame it.

I have a fly in my house I'd like to add to this show. Seriously. The little twerp keeps on landing near me, but in areas where I can't swat it. I'd love to give it up as another being the dome can get rid of. -_-

Have you tried following the fly?  Or gently laying your hand any place the fly lands?  You may have been chosen by building you are encased in.  The building that is there to protect you.  The fly may have been sent by the building to show you the way out or lead you to something important.  Perhaps the fly will lead you to a glowing wastebasket that controls the building (if you find anything glowing, don't throw it into a bottomless pit).  You should examine the doodles of everyone else in the building and see if they give any hint of what will happen next. 

• Love 3

One of the (many) things that puzzled me was the almost total disappearance of Norrie's mother, Carolyn (had to look up the name) over the course of the season. If you missed the three minutes Carolyn was on the screen, you would think Norrie was an orphan.

Then I realized that Carolyn is no fool. She noticed that every woman, not named Julia or Norrie, with a speaking role has been killed over the course of the last "two weeks." Had DJ Sheriff Phil not been so incompetent she would have also made the list. So her disappearance was a smart act of self preservation. 

Or maybe CBS was just too cheap to pay Aisha Hinds.

• Love 1

It's taken the whole stupid season but I've finally concluded the storyline reads out like those old text adventure games.

Woods. You are standing in the woods. Behind you Big Jim is holding a gun.
>Shoot Jim
The Bullet hits Big Jim in the shoulder. He looks ticked off.
>Run
Exercise is good for you.
>Run to hole
I see no hole here
>Run away from Jim
Clearing. You are standing in a clearing. A dark ominous hole is here. A ladder leads to areas unknown.
>Jump in hole
That could hurt!
>Climb down ladder
Passage. You are in a dark twisty passage. A chasm crosses the path.
>Jump in chasm
Are you suicidal?
>Jump over chasm
Passage. You are in a dark twisty passage. A chasm crosses the path behind you.
>Forward
Cavern. You are in a cavern at the end of the passage. A butterfly is resting on the far wall. You see many confused people here.

Edited by Random Noise
  • Love 4

If "Under the Dome" gets cancelled, I think we should start sending Lima beans to CBS.  Not so much to bring the show back, but just because I kind of like the idea of mailing frozen Lima beans to CBS....

It would make more of a statement if they renew the show, we send jumping beans.
  • Love 1
Much like the mysterious sphere encircling the town of Chester’s Mill, Under the Dome is an aberrant manifestation whose continued existence is understood by no one.

I loved this opening sentence from the screenrant recap. It's funny because it's true.

Well, I for one hope it does come back. Not because I think it's good, but because I love laughing at it. I love laughing at it so much. I very much consider it a comedy. "Two weeks ago" is my favorite joke.

I could understand bad dialogue, bad acting, ridiculous plots, a certain number of inconsistencies - but it's really like they're not even trying with Under the Dome. It's not bad - it's a joke. It's so far beyond bad that it can only be comedy.

I've stopped caring about the plot. I'm here for "it's science!", Pauline's paintings, Captain Joe Obvious, the epic love stories, etc. But I will make two complaints as if I am a person who does care about the plot: 1) there was absolutely zero cohesion to the season, and 2) there were absolutely no answers. Are they serious? You've got to give your watchers something!

I'll miss Rebecca. She had some of the funniest lines. But I'm looking forward to Big Jim apologizing and winning everyone over again, because you just know it'll happen.

This show is the spiritual successor to Lost.  Basically you have a story about people trying to escape some place that is going nowhere but the ratings are good enough, so you keep dragging it out and dragging it out, tossing out red herrings, making the characters do carzy things like Big Jim going on a serial killer rampage, and finally giving a false ending.  You know that Drownsie isn't really leading them out of the Dome, they'll just end up someplace else that isn't exactly the Dome but isn't the real world either.  Maybe they're all dead like in Lost and the light is Heaven.  And then the writers can dupe us all next season about how they all got out of the dome but they really never did.  This show just sucks something awful if not for the unintentional hilarity.

• Love 3

This show is the spiritual successor to Lost.  Basically you have a story about people trying to escape some place that is going nowhere but the ratings are good enough, so you keep dragging it out and dragging it out, tossing out red herrings, making the characters do carzy things like Big Jim going on a serial killer rampage, and finally giving a false ending.

Long before Lost, you had shows where people were trying to go somewhere (usually home) with only temporary success, like Quantum Leap, Lost In Space, and Time Tunnel.

You know that Drownsie isn't really leading them out of the Dome, they'll just end up someplace else that isn't exactly the Dome but isn't the real world either.

Alien planet? There were at least a couple of Twilight Zone episodes like that. In one the characters discovered they were in an alien child's play town, in another, a zoo habitat.

• Love 2

Long before Lost, you had shows where people were trying to go somewhere (usually home) with only temporary success, like Quantum Leap, Lost In Space, and Time Tunnel.

Alien planet? There were at least a couple of Twilight Zone episodes like that. In one the characters discovered they were in an alien child's play town, in another, a zoo habitat.

The best one was Five Characters in Search of an Exit, where it turns out they are actually dolls in a toy donation barrel.  Dome is most like Lost in terms of the increasing inanity to keep the people stuck in their weirdo world.  I don't think you ever worried about whether they were going to get back to Earth or not in Lost in Space, you just wanted to see what stupid mess Dr. Smith would get them all into next.

• Love 2

Shouldn't the former EMT be the one to administer the morphine instead of Rebecca? He's standing around telling her to do it like he's suddenly a busy ER doctor giving his treatment orders to a nurse. Though she is (was), ya know, The Science Girl, so maybe that means she somehow knows how to calculate, draw up, and administer controlled drugs. Sure, why not? After all, she knew how to mutate and weaponize a deadly virus, how to build a windmill, etc. But she didn't know to make herself scarce after euthanizing Pauline, apparently.