Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Go Now

Season 2 ends with the discovery of a potential exit from the Dome, just as the citizens trapped in Chester's Mill face imminent danger.

If the Dome contracts and crushes all the buildings and destroys the crops (how could they have forgotten about the crops ?), how would they do a Season 3 ?

Everyone lives in the tunnels for a couple of seasons and then a placecard shows up on screen that says "800,000 years later", when the Dome finally disappears and the population returns back to the surface as Morlocks, with Big Jim the 64th in charge.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 6

Hmmm, I wonder what the imminent danger is this time - it's getting hotter? tornado? hurricane? snakes? convention of insurance salesmen? shortage of deodorant? 

I suppose it could be the incredible shrinking dome, but no other danger has lasted more than 2 episodes.  So I am guessing that they first thing Rebecca will say is that the hole that sucked down Melanie has stopped the dome from shrinking, and some new imminent danger will appear. 

• Love 2

Thanks, Jim. You just killed Rebecca, one of the only good actors left in there. Well, I'm sure lots of them are good enough for normal acting, but to get away with lines like "The egg is screaming!" and "The Dome wants me to!" you have to be extra, extra good. And IMHO, the actress playing Rebecca was really that good. And while I'm being unpopular, I really like the actor who plays Junior. Can't wait to see him in something good.

Final note: when Jim killed Rebecca with the hammer, why was there a metallic sound? Does she have a steel plate in her head?

• Love 2

3 minutes in and is spectacularly bad.

Despite the fact that Pauline was just stabbed, the blood on her face is already dry. How is that even possible ?

Everyone just glosses over the fact when Big Jim tells everyone that Lyle stabbed Pauline, and now Lyle is dead.
No one even asks how, they just move on assuming Big Jim murdered him.

And they just happen to be carrying a stretcher -- in the Prius.

Pauline tells Julia that she had a vision after she was stabbed, and Julia that is still the monarch.  WTF ?

They hear someone yelling, and its the son of the farmer who was all bitchy a couple of episodes about having to hawk his stuff for food. He's trapped under some farm equipment -- how this thing fell on him, I have no idea ?  Was it wall-mounted ?

As Barbie and Julia approach the farm, lightning is striking everywhere and as Barbie is helping pry the equipment off the farmer, the lightning goes out of its way to go through the building wall and strike the farm equipment, electrocuting the farmer to death and setting fire to the barn.  It is so laughably bad.

Pauline is dying from the stab wound, Why don't they just wrap a bandage around her shirt, it worked for Julia's leg wound.

The reduced Scooby Doo gang (Scooby Doo lite Gang, since there's only 3 out of 4 of them ?) go rappelling down the Domehole to see if they can find Melanie or maybe a way out or both.  But first, they run back to the high school to get tablets to see if they can get a wifi signal (I wish I was making that up), only no signal.

Pauline begs Rebecca to euthanize her. I'm sure that will work out well.

Back to Barbie and Julia and the farmer's kid, the lightning has mysteriously stopped (because why ?) and Barbie leaves for the Domehole while Julia and the kid go to the high school.

The Scooby Doo Lite gang wander the tunnels which are now lit with purple light strips everywhere, hop a small chasm and come to a fork in the tunnel and have no idea what to do.  Until, a monarch butterfly appears and goes down one of the tunnels followed by the tunnel lighting up with orange light.  Just as they are about to follow the butterfly, an earthquake hits so they cheez it back out of the tunnel accompanied by some of the shittiest shakycam work I've seen (you can literally watch the camera rotate back and forth).

Julia starts organizing everyone to be transported to the Domehole based on the assumption that the Domehole might (emphasize the word 'might') lead to a way out.  That is pretty big conclusion to jump to, let alone.

Big Jim yells at Andrea in what looks like the high school nurses office while looking for saline -- why is Andrea there, and not serving up meals at the Sweetbriar ?  Do high school nurses stations seriously keep giant bags of saline on hand ? 

Fivehead is sad about her moms.  Because one is dead and she hasn't seen the other for days.

Pauline: "This is what the Dome wants. I'm paying for my sins."  WTF ?  What sins ?

As the rain stops and everyone looks up, the clouds streaming by thin out -- exactly Where were all those clouds going to -- they are in a Dome !!  Are the writers unaware of that fact ?  Julia mentions something about the Dome messing with the weather patterns -- what weather patterns, they are in a Dome !!!

Pauline finally dies thanks to Rebecca's morphine OD.  No big surprise then that Big Jim threatens to kill Rebecca but Sam intervenes for a bit before Big Jim decks him and Sam goes down hard (his head bouncing off a table before hitting the floor.  Then Big Jim throws Rebecca in to a door, picks up a hammer, and kills Rebecca with a blow to the head.  Finally !!! Someone should have done that to Rebecca back in Season 2 opener because she was a completely useless addition to the Under the Dome cast.

Big Jim goes to Pauline's art studio and makes his killing spree extortion deal with the Dome gods if they don't bring his wife back to life.  No answer from the Dome, so he puts her on the couch, covers her up and sets fire to all of Pauline's shitty art (doing the world a huge favor in the process) and burning down the the whole studio.

Big Jim gets Andrea to radio Julia for help at her house (how did Andrea get from the high school to her house so quickly ?), and Julia is there in minutes (almost like she doesn't even have a major leg injury at all).  Julia picks up a baseball bat and a large jacknife just sitting outside of the open door, enters the house and gets captured Big Jim who is armed with a gun and the hammer.  Sam radios Julia that Big Jim killed Rebecca, is on the loose and to watch out for him -- Julia plays along.

Big Jim then kills Andrea for no reason other than she's just there.  Julia then distracts Big Jim, and runs through the doomsday preppers house o' crap (limping like she finally noticed she has big bandaged wound to her leg), but Big Jim grabs her again. And as he is winding up to kill her with the hammer, Julia has time to pull out the jacknife from her pocket, open it, and stab Big Jim through the foot.  Seriously.  Julia runs to the Domehole with Big Jim in hot pursuit.  I might note at this point that Julia's leg wound has started to bleed -- why now exactly ?

Everyone in town (all 75 of them, where are the other 1900 people from a couple of episodes ago when Big Jim mentioned the 2000 people they would have to walk through the tunnel to safety) goes down the Domehole, except Junior who stays to care of his Dad.  Question -- Who are all these people at the Domehole ? Most of them have never been seen before.

After a momentary standoff, Junior puts a bullet through Big Jim's right shoulder that doesn't even knock him off his feet.  Junior decides not to disarm Big Jim or even put another bullet in him and hightails it for the Domehole.

Junior is running and jumping over falling tree obstacles on the way to the Domehole for several hundred yards, but Big Jim goes all Pepe Lepew on him and manages to keep up by slowly walking (WTF ? It is laughably stupid once again.)  For some reason, all the trees in the forest being felled by the earthquakes have decided to collectively cover the entrance to the Domehole.

Meanwhile, down in the tunnel, everyone gathers together at the fork in the tunnel except Julia and Barbie.  They come up the tunnel next to last but first there's an earthquake that widens the chasm encountered previously, only now its too wide for the part-time leg injured Julia to jump across.  So Barbie jumps across the chasm, tells Julia he loves her and will be back (awe, that's nice) before heading deeper into the tunnel.  Junior catches up with Julia and they decide to stay there until rescued.

Barbie catches up with the Scooby Doo Lite gang at the fork in the tunnel and the proceed down the tunnel selected by the monarch butterfly.  As they make a turn in the tunnel, they encounter a deadend in the tunnel filled with thousands of phosphorescent orange monarch butterflies, that that then decide to fly the hell out of there back the way the townsfolk came from (maybe they are going to assemble together and form a bridge for Julia to cross the chasm).

Fivehead throws a tantrum about "this can't be all there is" at the tunnel dead end until a lone non-phosphorescent monarch butterfly appears from out of nowhere and lands on the cave wall.  Barbie place his hand on the identical location of the cave wall and the wall starts to turn a pretty blue color.  Blue light cracks fan out from Barbie's hand on the wall, Barbie moves his hand from the wall as the entire cave wall turns blue and shatters to unveil ....... a pristine white room containing ...... Drownsie.

And Drownsie says "Follow me, We are going home".  And that's it.  

And why is Drownsie all wet ?

That's the the stupid cliffhanger that these shitty writers came up with.  What a fucking stupid episode to end a Season 2 full of stupid episodes.  This is like Bad Screenwriting for Dummies.

ETA: What was up with Julia's makeup in the tunnel ?  Her face was a John Boehner level of orange when she was stuck at the chasm.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 10

They're going home?  Where, to the distant planet Sociopathia?  (Located in the galaxy Dumbassius?)  Because they're all about to find out that they're aliens, right?  That would explain A LOT. 

I hate cliffhangers, but there's less of a sting in them when I don't really give a damn what happens to anyone.  Thanks Dome for not making me care, and I mean that sincerely.

• Love 8
Everyone just glosses over the fact when Big Jim tells everyone that Lyle stabbed Pauline, and now Lyle is dead.

Even worse, no one even went to check on Lyle to see if he really was dead.  They all just walked away.

• Love 3

Part of me still wonders why I decided to watch this live over The Blacklist, and I'm still not sure if I made the right call.  But, I just had to see how this dumbass season was going to end, and it didn't let me down.  Well... the first part was just boring (no, I don't need what felt like a ten minute scene of Norrie sobbing, while Joe "comforts" her), but man, this the hilariously stupidity come flying back at the end.

So, Pauline didn't die, but was fatally wounded.  Jim and Junior didn't accept it, so while they were off trying to help her, Rebecca overdoses her with morphine.  And, then stands around like a moron, when Jim comes back.  Seriously, WTF?!  Rebecca should have booked it, as soon as she did it.  But, nope, she stands around like an idiot, so Jim kills her.  What a moron.  Sam only gets knocked out at least, because Eddie Cahill has more name recognition, I'm guessing.

But, that's not enough.  Jim decides to go on a murderous rampage, playing it like a mixture of a serial killer in a horror film and Walter White (I swear, I think Dean Norris was trying to channel Bryan Cranston at times).  He kills Andrea, because why not?  But, of course, can't kill Julia.  Junior confronts him, and only shoots him in the shoulder, which he's already shrugging that and getting a knife in his foot off, like they're just paper cuts.  Typical Under the Dome!

Meanwhile, the hell-hole Melanie got sucked into, is actually a cavern, so now most of the town is in there, trying to get out.  But since the Dome is a dick, it separated itself, so Julia (and Junior and Jim), are still trapped in Chester's Mill.  Oh noes!  Barbie and Julia are separated!!!  But, Barbie shoulders on and leads to group to.... Messiah Melanie?  What the fuck is going on?!!

Carolyn sighting!  But, since her lines were almost one sentences each, I almost think Aisha Hinds was like "Fine, I'll come back, but I don't want to say much, because I ain't memorizing paragraphs of this shit!"  If so, smart, Aisha!

I swear, I think that random rain storm was just to get Mike Vogel and Rachelle Leferve's shirts wet.  Which, sure, considering how stupid this show is, might as well throw in some equal-opportunity fan-service.

Since Junior did shoot Jim, I wonder if he's officially a "hero" now, and we're just going to forget all about the creepy stuff he did to Angie.  Hey, everyone's already forgotten that Sam actually killed her, so why not?!

So ends the second season.  The first season was dumb, but I think they outdid it this time.  This almost makes me want to take back the stuff I said about other dumb shows like The Event, Terra Nova, and even Revolution.  Those were failures, but I at least could occasionally see what they were going for, and I do think they were trying, even when they did fail.  Honestly, this season feels like the writers really didn't give a shit.  It was not only stupid, but lazy.  Impressive. 

• Love 5
I swear, I think that random rain storm was just to get Mike Vogel and Rachelle Leferve's shirts wet.

I said the same thing.  "Mr. Dome, are you getting your Hugh Hefner on all of a sudden?"

Worst cliffhanger ever.  A week from now I will be pressed to explain what happened in this season finale, because it was all so forgettable.  Favorite moment:  Norrie pounding on the paper-mache cavern wall and that all-to-giveaway-sound of echo, echo, echo...  After which Melanie appears and says "We're gong home"  Home? "Yes, home.  To a place where plot and characterization matter.  To a place where logic and community are real.  To a place where, ah, what the fuck, I'll get a gig somewhere.  You're on your own, bye."

I also have this vision of deranged Jim making his way back to Andrea's house, sitting all by himself on a lawn chair, spooning mouthfuls of canned cling peaches and Dinty Moore Beef Stew, and mumbling "MY town.  MY town".

• Love 4

I don't know which is worse - the writing or the acting on this show.

Rebecca finally gets to kill someone... right before she is killed.  Maybe she should've gotten rid of the syringe before Big Jim arrived.

Smart of Big Jim to set Pauline's art studio on fire, which could spread to other buildings... in an enclosed Dome space.

I say this every week because every week I'm in appalled disbelief that everyone - including, apparently, the show's writers and producers - seems to have forgotten that Sam murdered Angie.  It's almost funny that Sam is the one who tried to stop Big Jim from killing Rebecca with a little hammer when Sam butchered Angie with a big axe.

Of course, Big Jim can't just shoot and kill Julia right away, but has to use the little hammer so that she has the chance to escape (kinda like those James Bond movies where he's always put in some death trap from which he can escape).  Nice to know that Julia, with a wounded leg, can outrun Big Jim.

Even though the crater tunnel is shaky and it would be great if everyone rushed to the exit as quickly as possible, Joe and Norrie take time out to have a Norrie angst session - she must be on medication because she had more mood swings in this episode than Big Jim.

So Julia, Junior and Big Jim are left behind while the rest of Chester's Mill are led into the white light by Melanie.  It might've made more allegorical sense if those left behind were the ones who had killed or kidnapped someone in Chester's Mill - but no, Barbie leads the people to the exit and, with his magic hand, opens the blocked doorway, while Sam is among those in front to leave the Dome. 

I am ashamed to confess that I would like to know where Melanie is going to lead them...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I'm not mad that I wasted an hour on that. I'm furious that I wasted two summers on it.

Random thoughts:

1. Why was a  hammer lying around the ER?

2. Why was the hammer so spotlessly clean after it was used on Rebecca? Did Jim use some of the saline solution to wash it before heading to Andrea's house?

3. Was Skater-Boy Ben among those in the cavern?

4. If the Prius is the only car that runs, how did 10 people AND a stretcher fit, unless....

5.....the forest is in easy walking distance from the school, which leads to....

6.....why did they need buses to transport the town

7. Did anyone else think of Riff Raff and Magenta when Melanie said "we're going home"?

But the kicker of all kickers was when Barbie told the town, "I know I'm a stranger, but we've been together for the past 2 weeks"  Two Weeks?????  I was somehow giving them a pass when I thought it was 5 or 6 weeks, but two???  That means that 14 days ago, Julia was happily married. Twelve days ago she found out Barbie killed her husband. Ten (?) days ago, Julia was shot in the shoulder. It just boggles the mind that the writers care so little and think the audience is that stupid.

The most ballsy move was to advertise a new Stephen King book in the middle of this. Do they expect the audience to leap up yelling, "Oh my God! This show is so fantastic that I must rush out and read the newest gem King has brought us!"?

Edited by charlieboo
  • Love 10

I knew from the opening voice over that they have only been trapped under the dome for a couple of weeks, but didn't realize how ridiculous that was until Barbie mentioned it in his little speech to the people of Chester's Mills (It still bugs me that they put an apostrophe in the name.) 

Twenty six episodes have aired over two seasons. So each episode covers about half a day? A lot of crazy shit happened in those two weeks. (Remember Fight Club?)

(Is it wrong that I started laughing when Big Jim went all Murderous Rampage?)

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 2

By all means, bring the entire town into a shaky tunnel that no one has explored to even determine if it goes any where. Then, when it looks like a dead end (because no one looked ahead) wail and pound on the cave walls until a butterfly shows you where to put your magic hands. Good Lord, I feel like I lost brain cells watching this show. After two years of it, not sure I can afford to lose any more.

• Love 3

Thanks, Jim. You just killed Rebecca, one of the only good actors left in there. Well, I'm sure lots of them are good enough for normal acting, but to get away with lines like "The egg is screaming!" and "The Dome wants me to!" you have to be extra, extra good. And IMHO, the actress playing Rebecca was really that good. And while I'm being unpopular, I really like the actor who plays Junior. Can't wait to see him in something good.

Final note: when Jim killed Rebecca with the hammer, why was there a metallic sound? Does she have a steel plate in her head?

I found the acting for Rebecca extremely annoying throughout the entire season, until this episode. She actually did a decent job showing some emotion. Maybe she was so happy to finally be off the show? Anyway, some of these actors are definitely better than comes through on the show. A mix of terrible writing, awful directing, and probably the actors realizing just how hammy it all is.

Couldn't help but laughing at the metallic clang from the hammer. That was straight from a cheesy kung fu movie.

Despite the fact that Pauline was just stabbed, the blood on her face is already dry. How is that even possible ?

And they just happen to be carrying a stretcher -- in the Prius.

I presume no one cared that he murdered Lyle, beyond making a brief suspicious face when Jim mentioned he was dead. Anyway, the stretcher was there because they carried Melanie out to this spot on it last week. The Prius? Not so sure. And would a stretcher fit in a Prius?

Big Jim yells at Andrea in what looks like the high school nurses office while looking for saline -- why is Andrea there, and not serving up meals at the Sweetbriar ?  Do high school nurses stations seriously keep giant bags of saline on hand ?

Pretty sure he went back to the clinic to find the bags of saline. We learned a couple episodes ago that it was damaged (I think by an earthquake, or maybe a low budget for sets) so they were using the school instead. 

Big Jim then kills Andrea for no reason other than she's just there.  Julia then distracts Big Jim, and runs through the doomsday preppers house o' crap (limping like she finally noticed she has big bandaged wound to her leg), but Big Jim grabs her again. And as he is winding up to kill her with the hammer, Julia has time to pull out the jacknife from her pocket, open it, and stab Big Jim through the foot.  Seriously.  Julia runs to the Domehole with Big Jim in hot pursuit.  I might note at this point that Julia's leg wound has started to bleed -- why now exactly ?

Presumably because she's running, aggravating the wound. The fact that she's walking so well, and that the bandage is outside her jeans though...

Part of me still wonders why I decided to watch this live over The Blacklist, and I'm still not sure if I made the right call.  But, I just had to see how this dumbass season was going to end, and it didn't let me down.  Well... the first part was just boring (no, I don't need what felt like a ten minute scene of Norrie sobbing, while Joe "comforts" her), but man, this the hilariously stupidity come flying back at the end.

This scene felt like the writers finally remembered that these people have gone through a lot, and lost a lot of loved ones, but they forgot to show them grieving for more than 10 seconds. The biggest problems with having so much nonsense happen in a couple weeks show time, but two years real time, is that the characters don't get to really deal with emotions. And when they do finally get a chance, the viewers have completely forgotten about what happened or dealt with it months ago.

But, that's not enough.  Jim decides to go on a murderous rampage, playing it like a mixture of a serial killer in a horror film and Walter White (I swear, I think Dean Norris was trying to channel Bryan Cranston at times).  He kills Andrea, because why not?  But, of course, can't kill Julia.  Junior confronts him, and only shoots him in the shoulder, which he's already shrugging that and getting a knife in his foot off, like they're just paper cuts.  Typical Under the Dome!

I was so hopeful that Jim would shoot him right back and they would lie there together, suffering, slowly dying as the dome crashed around them and everyone else escaped to safety. Or heaven. Whichever.

1. Why was a  hammer lying around the ER?

They were in the school, in the science room where Rebecca and the kids had been doing arts and crafts. It was probably there from when she built the mini dome, and because guns aren't violent enough and we already have an axe murderer.

4. If the Prius is the only car that runs, how did 10 people AND a stretcher fit, unless....

5.....the forest is in easy walking distance from the school, which leads to....

6.....why did they need buses to transport the town

This was one of those instant writing failures, right up there with "according to my calculations, at the rate the dome is contracting we don't have very long until we're all dead." We'll get the buses to transport the people, except all the people won't fit on the buses, so the rest will walk. Well why did we need the buses at all?

7. Did anyone else think of Riff Raff and Magenta when Melanie said "we're going home"?

Her first line was "come with me" and all I could think of was Terminator. They should have run with that.

But the kicker of all kickers was when Barbie told the town, "I know I'm a stranger, but we've been together for the past 2 weeks"  Two Weeks?????  I was somehow giving them a pass when I thought it was 5 or 6 weeks, but two???  That means that 14 days ago, Julia was happily married. Twelve days ago she found out Barbie killed her husband. Ten (?) days ago, Julia was shot in the shoulder. It just boggles the mind that the writers care so little and think the audience is that stupid.

The most ballsy move was to advertise a new Stephen King book in the middle of this. Do they expect the audience to leap up yelling, "Oh my God! This show is so fantastic that I must rush out and read the newest gem King has brought us!"?

I think Barbie must be off a little on the two weeks. According to my calculations, at the current rate the show is progressing, it is at least a little longer than that. :) It should be 3-4 weeks at this point. Most episodes were about a day each, with the last handful taking place in roughly the same day. 

Stephen King definitely has some stinkers, but nothing as bad as this show. At some point he has to realize that allowing awful adaptations of his work doesn't benefit him? 

Anyway, if anyone here is watching the show and hasn't read any King, don't let the show influence your perception of him. His worst book is miles ahead of this show. He is great at creating characters that you like, and the best there is at creating characters you can't stand and want to die in the worst possible way. The UtD book is a little long winded (typical), and the end is somewhat strange (also typical), but it does a much better job exploring the devolution of the town into total chaos.

• Love 2

The title of this episode pretty much sums up what I want to tell the show. Go! Now!

But somehow I can't quit it.

Like last week I'm completing the episode title sentence, it was "Turn" .... the TV off

Last night it was "Go Now" .... and never come back!

As usual, this was a stinker, but it lacked those insane LOL-worthy moments, that have made this show the greatest comedy of the summer. Pauline's projectile blood-vomit portrait and Dean Norris trying to sell Big Jim's pain and love for his wife were worthy attempts and they actually got a chuckle from me, but the rest was so boring! What a weak cliffhanger!

• Love 2

Sorry I'm late.

I was too busy watching other well-written shows.

I knew I missed a show last week when I mentioned all of the other recently dissapointing sci-fi show endings.

Barbie:  Look!  The wall is collapsing.

Joe:  It's revealing a blinding white light!

Norrie:  There's someone coming out!  It's........ It's............

Hurley:   Duuuuuuude!!!

Joe:  Who are you??

Hurley:  Dude, it's me, Hurley.  I was on TV a few years ago. Welcome to the "White Light Void". This is Jack, Charlie, & Sawyer.

Sawyer: Sonofabitch. More people here. Sonofabitch.

Norrie: So, are we dead??

Jack:  I don't know.

Joe: Are we going somewhere?

Charlie: I don't know.

Norrie: Does the dome - -

Sawyer: WE DON"T KNOW, ALRIGHT!!!  SONOFABITCH!!!!

Norrie:  Does he say that alot???

Jack:  You have no idea.

Norrie: Joe?

Joe:  What??

Norrie:  I wish we were back in the dome.

Thank you, TV, for giving me another sci-fi show to watch that has an ending that answers nothing

and delivers a thousand more questions.

I'm going to put my home-made DVDs of "Under The Dumb" next to "Revolution" and "The Event" under the category

"Shows That I Will Never Watch Again For Fear My Head Will Explode Trying To Figure It All Out".

Oh look, my home-made DVDs of "Alphas". I almost forgot that one, too.  Right next to "Alcatraz", and "Journeyman" and.............

• Love 2
1. Why was a  hammer lying around the ER?

To pound on the 14" steel spike that the ambulance carried and which eventually impaled Julia

and that the bandage is outside her jeans though...

Just looking in from the shallow end, I'd say those jeans were tight enough to provide sufficient compression on most any wound.

• Love 2
Pauline is dying from the stab wound, Why don't they just wrap a bandage around her shirt, it worked for Julia's leg wound.

It does seem the obvious route. I mean, I'm glad they didn't. I'm sure Sherry Stringfield is glad they didn't. But still.

Edited by Tippi Blevins
  • Love 1
This was one of those instant writing failures, right up there with "according to my calculations, at the rate the dome is contracting we don't have very long until we're all dead." We'll get the buses to transport the people, except all the people won't fit on the buses, so the rest will walk. Well why did we need the buses at all?

Maybe a diesel fuel company is sponsoring the show, along with Prius.

Is it bad that when Nori said the girl made fun of her hair my first thought was not your forehead?

So each season is a week  in the Dome.

This show is amazing.......................amazingly bad.

• Love 3

They have got to be deliberately trolling us.

I totally believe that. Right now the writers are probably asking Dean Norris to grow a mustache so he can literally twirl it if they get another season.

• Love 3
Big Jim was awfully impatient with the dome; he is really going to be embarrassed when a charred Pauline catches up to him.

As he shut the door, I totally expected Pauline to sit up and say, "Is it hot in here or is it just me?"

• Love 2
Was Joe wearing a Spuds MacKenzie T-shirt?

Perhaps he wore it as a premonition.

See, I'm thinking the end of the final scene runs like this:

Mealnie:  "Welcome home... to the 1980s!"

[out runs Spuds McKenzie, the "Where's the Beef" lady, and the band Frankie Goes to Hollywood playing their hit, "Relax" from their album [aha, now it all makes sense!] Welcome to the Pleasure Dome.]

• Love 6

This show is a joke, right? Or some kind of university psych class experiment - how ridiculous can a TV show get before people stop watching? How absurd can we write our dialogue and plot lines before someone finally says that the emperor has no clothes.

Are there people out there who genuinely like this show and think it's good? Like, are there boards where people are having serious discussions about plot twists and love triangles? Are people actually invested in these characters? Do they mourn these shocking deaths like it was the Red Wedding all over again? Does this show have real fans?

A+ for this season finale, I believe the writers have now proven that they're messing with us.

Pauline, you saved the best for last. That last portrait had the soda I was drinking coming out of my nose like the blood from Pauline's mouth. I had to pause for a few minutes and just admire that painting. I don't know if I can continue to watch this show without the promise of new artwork.

Poor Rebecca, I don't think Lima beans are going to help this time.

"Or it's nothing but a giant killer suckhole"  - Norrie summing up the entire Under The Dome experience.

But my vote for best line of the night and maybe the season goes to Big Jim;

"Why'd you paint that? I wish you wouldn't have."

Sums up the reaction most people have to Pauline's "art".

The Chesters Mill food situation has greatly improved. Hopefully Big Jim will share.

• Love 1

Thank you all for documenting the WTFery of this show.

I don't know exactly how much screen time Pauline's last painting got, but the message was: You think this is art? Then you will love this show! Snort. Suckas.

Or they just really thought the Sharknado effect was something they could translate into a TV series.

Nope.

Are there people out there who genuinely like this show and think it's good? Like, are there boards where people are having serious discussions about plot twists and love triangles? Are people actually invested in these characters? Do they mourn these shocking deaths like it was the Red Wedding all over again? Does this show have real fans?

I put a post in the Dome Watchers Anon thread last week, check out the link in it and read the comments to see numerous people who apparently take this all seriously and hope it returns. 

Well, the finale happened and the show didn't disappoint.  It's just as ridiculous as ever and is obviously just a parody. 

So, here's my review of some of the silliest happenings and quotes in Jester's...uh, Chester's Mill....

Barbie: The dome is shutting down and we have only a few hours left.

How do you know the dome is shutting down and there are only a few hours left?  Maybe it will stop...like the acid rain.

Norrie:  The path(in the cave) goes somewhere and anywhere is better than here.

How do you know that?  Maybe there is a 50 ft. dropoff and that wouldn't be better.

Joe: Julia needs help loading the buses.

Because the citizens of Chester's Mill are incapable of getting on a bus on their own.

Pauline: My sweet son.

You mean the one who kidnapped and held Angie prisoner.

(Rebecca is hesitant to end Pauline's suffering, but she was all in for killing a good portion of the town to give those left a couple more days to live.)

Julia(to a kid): Make sure everyone has a seat on the bus.

Because adults of CM are incapable of finding a seat on their own.

Someone:  If we stay here, we die.

You don't know that and you don't know what's in the crater.

After being told Julia went to help someone..

Barbie: Where is Julia right now?

How is anyone supposed to know that?  Are they psychic?  Have a GPS?

Julia(to Barbie):  The town needs your help before the cave tumbles in on them.

Because the citizens of CM are incapable of walking through a cave on their own.

Nor(early in the episode): We know the dome better than anyone. 

Nor(later in the episode to the dome): Screw you.

Evidently, they have a dysfunctional relationship.

Many have mentioned Revolution, Terra Nova, the Event and other shows with a good premise, but had terrible execution.  All those shows, while not good, had a little good acting and some scenes that were interesting.  Under The Dome has none of these.  It's only worth watching as a parody and it works on that level.

For me, even though there are many characters that are ridiculous, my favorite one is Joe.  He seems to have two different kinds of lines....one is to tell people to look at something that they can already see...

....Look, Barbie is back.  Look, there are butterflies.  Look, the dome is moving.  Look, the sky is blue....

...the second is to ask questions that no one can answer...

What do we do now Barbie?  Who can help us if not you?  What does the dome want?...

I have to say I have enjoyed it because I look at it like an Airplane parody or a Saturday Night Live sketch.

(my Joe impression)Loooookkkk!!  boys and girls, it's a parody.  Why do people watch this show seriously? 

Only the dome knows....

So, until next year, same dome time, same dome channel.  Oh, the agony of the wait.....how will I ever make it through the winter...I'll need lima beans..

Maybe I'll build me a windmill, find some butterflies and falling pink stars...yeah, that will do it...now I'm in heaven...LOL!!!

Edited by Jordan27
  • Love 6

Did it never occur to them to bring a log down there to lay across the chasm in the tunnel? Why didn't Junior just finish off his dad? Oh right, because they want Dean Norris back next season. So Jim has gone from calculating criminal to serial killer. I liked how Drownsie appeared from behind the collapsed wall with the light of Heaven behind her like she was Jesus on the third day. Good grief. Can't wait for another year of this wacky dome!

• Love 2

Tuning in to the forums for this show for the first time, just to see if there were other people who felt as I did that the dome was punishing us. I have a feeling that they have different writers every few episodes AND each new set of writers does not read /watch the previous episode. WOW! This is the worst train wreck I've had the misfortune of watching in a long time. There's also a chance we'll learn that the script was a Grade 6 student project.

Are there people out there who genuinely like this show and think it's good?

Just like the people of Chester's Mill who believe the Dome is there to protect them . . . as it's contracting and trying to crush them, sending acid rain, and other Old Testament-like maladies . . . anything is possible.

Edited by Beebee111