Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

I don't remember the line right now, but my father and I watch this show together and something Pride said had us both laughing hysterically for several minutes, something about Natalie and a rug. That was a good moment. I'd say this episode was one where I really started liking Pride to the point I could look past Scott Bakula's terrible attempts at a Louisiana accent (give it up already Scott!).

Good god! They aren't going to have Sebastian spout off insane conspiracy theories all the time are they? Probably the only thing I didn't like about Hodgins on Bones was his tendency to do that, and I don't want to see it here. So far Sebastian kinda reminds me of Palmer on NCIS, he doesn't show up for long in an episode if he does at all, doesn't do anything of use when he does the vast majority of the time, and is annoying much more than helpful to the other characters.

That's a common theme in television and movies, unfortunately. When there are marital problems, the husband is often portrayed as a caring, sensitive guy who still loves his wife dearly, even if he made a mistake (or several mistakes). And the wife is portrayed as the cold, unfeeling shrew who refuses to see what a perfect husband she has. So on NCIS, we don't know why Pride has moved out, only that he loves his wife and is willing to do whatever it takes to get her back. We don't hear her side of the story at all. On television, I see this storyline whenever I watch The Strain with Corey Stoll, I see a similar storyline on The Americans, and even the serial-adulterer ex-husband on The Mysteries of Laura is charming and declares his undying love for Laura. In movies, this was one of the major themes of Die Hard, Mrs. Doubtfire, Enemy of the State, and even Gone Girl.

That's funny, most of the time when I see this sort of thing it's the opposite, it's the woman is the sensitive caring soul that wants reconciliation and is trying to make things work again, constantly harassing him trying to drag him to couples counseling and stuff like that, and it's the guy that's the exploitative ass that stopped giving a damn a long time ago and wants out, and that's if he's not screwing around behind her back. It's actually kind of refreshing to see it the other way around this time.

Edited by immortalfrieza
  • Love 1

I liked the new guy maybe that will mean we see less of the forensic dude.  He seriously bugs and detracts from the scenes with the wonderful CCH Pounder.  Foresnic people are not all kooks and we've seen all his quirks before in Abby who can be annoying but plays it with far more charm.  Forensic dude just makes the quirks creepy.

It seems like the Wacky Forensics Person is fast becoming a trope.

• Love 1

I can watch the entire show for just Lucas Black....he is stealing every scene he is in without being over the top.

Absolutely for me too!  I like his character's brotherly relationship with Brody already.  Count me in also on being disappointed with Scott Bakula.  I don't find him "bad," but he's just kinda blah.

I could deal with the daughter being there mainly because their office is a house/warehouse right off the street - no security at all, that they've shown.    There's not much separation from the house aspect and the office aspect either and with her dad living there....  I don't like it, but I can see it.

@judois The girl that played Natalie lane was on Dexter. But I remembered her from Without A Trace or Gilmore Girls. The one that played Talia had also been on Dexter.

I should have picked out Officer Mike Banton as the baddie. He was so obvious when you rethink it. Bottle of orange soda, flirting with Brody, etc. Things that set him out from others. But I thought he was just a doof that wanted to learn from the team. Or get close to a real Agent. LaSalle's joke, 'Lovely Agent Brody", lol
After the Team went through the tunnels I know that the bad guy(Banton would use them tunnels and I figured King was waiting. I mean Banton had LaSalle and Brody on his tail.

Sebastian did well this week with his quirky facts and him figuring the pop bottle silencer. Wife compares his conspiracy theories to Hodgen's on Bones, and quirkiness like a lot others.

The questions on the Zinny(sp?) were funny. But I figured they had rich parents. Pride saying "She could afford a wienie!" My wife laughed her head off.

I also didn't suspect Tilda at first as being bad. She found blood under Natalie Lanes(Burke) door and was screaming. I guess a good way to direct the suspicion off her. Later I suspected maybe, and when Natalie went to see her alone, I knew she must have a wire.

I even thought early that Master Chief Erik T. Benson had something to do with it. Just because they talked to him.

Thought NCIS Special Agent Patton Plame, was a very nice add. Liked "Chill" on Veronica's Closet. And the handicap part works well. But would make it hard to go out in the field.

Wasn't sure who was in on the college hooker thing when it came up. But it was nice that T.J. Blake wanted to help Natalie. To bad he was murdered for it. The funeral was nice.

Also like Laurel and the piano scenes. And how Pride was worried about his daughters college knowledge. Hope we see her again soon.

Liked how Christopher LaSalle went to see informant Ross P. and he didn't like being harassed the first time, but later after he knew it was suspected to be Russian Mob related he helped LaSalle with his gun. Vlade Stahl with the Russian Mob was quite high on himself. And thinking LaSalle was scared, when both had guns drawn.

Liked how Brody handled mercenaries Max Wolf. Did she learn from last week when she was grabbed so easily? He wondered, What are you a superhero?"and LaSalle's reply," You should see her when she is angry!"

I wonder who the Rich Guy that wanted Natalie is? Will this story come back up? They must have had to help her get away. I thought maybe he was the corrupt (He played Brian on "Wings"), guy in the Pilot??

Edited by webruce
  • Love 1

Scott Bakula's accent may be bad, but I can never get enough of him. And Lucas Black is just dreamy.

I tired of NCIS:LA pretty quickly but so far I really like the camaraderie of the NO team. The loose feel of the show makes it stand out from both the others. They're all friends, and there's no pretense because everyone knows everyone. Definitely must-see-TV for me so far. Hope it lasts...

• Love 3

The girl that played Natalie and was on Dexter. But I remembered her from Without A Trace or Gilmore Girls.

Yep, she played Malone's (Anthony LaPaglia's) daughter on Without a Trace, and she's been in a million other things. A busy young woman!

I've never watched NCIS:LA, and haven't seen the original in years, so I wasn't going to watch this. Caught this episode, though, and was pleasantly surprised. Bakula's accent isn't great, but I think he's believable in the part. I like Brody, and LaSalle is worth the price of admission all on his own. That accent! *swoon*

The thing with the daugther... eh, I'm ambivalent at this point. She seems like a decent actress, and she and Bakula have strong (almost inappropriate! lol) chemistry. But I did think it was really weird for them to be so openly discussing the case in front of her. That took me right out of that scene.

• Love 1

Do they get a bonus for every southern reference they drop? Beignets, gumbo, Roll Tide!, etc. I find it kind of amusing at this point. All in all, though, I did enjoy this episode and it was nice to see the NO cast on their own. I feel like some of the banter is still a bit forced-- mainly, Brody seems a bit stiff and awkward. Part of her character is the fish out of water anyway, the stuff about football just seemed wooden.

I do love that they manage to work in a bit of history (assuming it's accurate-- like the sorority house having an old secret staircase and passage to the outside).

Still not loving Pride's family drama, but as long as they don't make the daughter insufferable or put her in danger, I guess I'm ok. The end scene with the piano was nice.

Lasalle continues to be my favorite, and I'm interested by the new computer/tech guy.

The NCIS team is given a 22-hour deadline after the murder investigation of a Chief Warrant Officer who specialized in counterintelligence reveals his wife had been kidnapped and is being held for ransom. Fornell travels to New Orleans to assist with the case.

So, I liked this episode.  If any of the mothership peeps have to show up, Fornell is fine with me.  I love him, and Joe Spano.  I thought when they were looking for kidnapped wife at the greenhouse towards the end, Pride and Fornell were totally believable as agents.  They handled their guns well, and Fornell watched the back while Pride had the front.  Very well done.  I also believe LaSalle as a seasoned lawman/agent, the way he handles himself and firearms.  But Brody took me right out of it.  The way she holds her gun, wasn't watching the back at all, nope, didn't believe she was experienced at all.  Had the same problem last week when they had her all kung-fu ninja on the bayou bad boy's ass.  It was just to make her seem all badass, but I'm not buying it.  She is the weakest character for me at this point.  

Tee hee to CCH Pounder saying that she likes dead people because they don't call her out on her hypocrisy.  She is the best!  I did like the teasing between LaSalle and Brody.  Very much like siblings.  If they keep it that way, I'll stay happy.  But if they EVER try to bring UST in between those two, or start a romance, I will. be. out.  That totally ruined both other shows, as far as I'm concerned.  When it's all about Tony and Ziva, or Deeks and Kensi, will they, won't they, epic lurve but can't be together because REASONS, that is just stupid.  Bring in an occasional reference to an outside love life, by all means.  I like well-rounded characters.  But keep it out of the workplace!  So far, LaSalle is my favorite character.  He is charming, fun, cute, competent, and has a great smile!  I hope they don't end up making him a smarmy horndog, ala DiNozzo, or practically stupid comic relief, ala Deeks.  Please, PTB!

• Love 2

Ugh. I *want* to like this show. I love the other two NCIS shows; I love the actors; I love the setting. But I can't watch it. I try. I have "watched" every episode. But I end up multi-tasking (because nothing grabs my attention) and find it impossible to keep track of what's going on. I look up and watch a scene here and there, but it doesn't pull me in, and before I know it I'm off to something else and twenty minutes has passes since I heard a word they said.

I've haven't watched either of the other NCIS shows, but I was interested in checking out this spin-off due to the fact that it's set in New Orleans and because of Scott Bakula.  I caught a portion of the first episode, and while I was happy to see CCH Pounder, I was pretty "meh" about the rest of the episode.  Finally had the chance to watch again last night, but I don't think I feel any more encouraged than before.  I was relieved to finally learn that LaSalle is from Alabama and that the actor was not trying to perpetrate a very bad Louisiana accent.  Other than that and the wonderful CCH, I can't say much more about this latest episode.  I'm going to try once more to get into this show since I read that we will be treated to a Quantum Leap reunion soon!

Edited by damalanop

But Brody took me right out of it.  The way she holds her gun, wasn't watching the back at all, nope, didn't believe she was experienced at all.

Agreed; the actress desperately needs to be coached on that, doesn't she? Her body language is all wrong when they're getting ready to breach and then clearing a building. I like her and the character for the most part; I just don't buy she's spent much time in the field. I think Brody and LaSalle have a pretty good coworker vibe going on and I hope it stays platonic.

With New Orleans decorated for Halloween, the team investigates the murder of a Naval Staff Judge Advocate found in a cemetery dressed in a Victorian costume with vampiric puncture wounds on her neck. The team debates the best night activity and costumes for Halloween.

I hope they can get past this stupid plot line of Pride & his wife being estranged.  What's the point?  It's not like this is a show about relationships.  Give him a happy wife and make the stories be about the crimes and be done with it!

LaSalle is fast becoming my favorite character.  Black never seems to be putting any effort in creating this character and its coming across free and real.  Brody is still stiff and seems to be trying too hard.

Enjoyed the crime mystery, but can't wait until they quit pushing New Orleans so hard.

• Love 2

I liked the way they handled the mystery, I don't mind a Halloween tie in as long as it doesn't stretch credibility which this didn't IMO.  I didn't see that it would turn out to be the son, and why, until they did, so it kept my interest.

I don't feel the NO background is being overly pushed except to the extent that I have trouble believing that agents who see this much crime and murder are so happy go lucky as soon as the case is solved.  Still, I like the actors and characters which is keeping it going for me.

I thought it was a pretty good episode, with Halloween costumes and gruesomeness.  I figured it was the son, since they made him look so much like Igor.  I felt so sorry for him.  Where were child services when he was being so badly abused that he developed a split personality?

I don't think we need Pride's wife coming in too often.  Once in a great while is okay, with the occasional mention of her.

I like Brodie pretty well, "Freudian Slip" was a cute idea for a costume.  And Christopher LaSalle is my new tv boyfriend:)

So I'm glad to hear it got picked up for a full season.

• Love 1

Lucas Black is stealing this show. LaSalle is the perfect combination of fun-loving and badass.

And I'm not a male chauvinist pig by any means, but some strange reason I had no problem with Brodie's Freudian Slip. Nice, uh, eyeglasses, Zoe.

I really enjoyed this, it really seems like this show is coming together nicely. I liked that Pride has borrowed his wife's tics and preferences - in this universe that's usually a sign that a couple is meant to be together. The actress is great and the character seemed a lot more sympathetic this time, so as someone else on this thread has said, let's just forget the boring angst and let them be happy, with her popping into the office twice a season or something.

I liked the creepiness and thought that they did well with celebrating the city without over-egging it (groan, sorry).

OK.  I like the wife.  But this whole manufactured drama of the separation still rankles.  Things seemed stilted, but not uncomfortable between Pride and Mrs. Pride.  If it is "the job" that's causing the friction, angst, and separation, then why come by the office at all?  And if it is "the job," then why stick around to comfort the family?  If Mrs. Pride is going to resent the hell out of her husband's job demanding all his time and attention, why volunteer to participate?  

The only thing I can think of that could cause this sort of rift between two seemingly good people would be if there was an affair (Pride...probably not, but maybe Mrs. Pride played hooky with the dirty politician), or if Mrs. Pride got a little too sucked into the job and ended up in mortal danger because of it.  But there's been no hint of that in the backstory.  I dunno.  I don't see animosity, bitterness, or really any high emotion between the two.  Maybe they're bored.  Maybe that's all it is, their daughter went away to college, and both halves of the married couple were alone together again and looked at each other and thought, "I'm bored with this" and separated.  That can be a pretty standard marital evolution that leads to late marriage divorce.  But it's boring to watch on TV.  Hey Show?  Either show us a good reason for the marriage falling apart, or get it off my screen.  It is sucking time away from LaSalle.

LaSalle is awesome.

I agree, HurricaneVal.  The marriage angst just doesn't ring true.  It's too bad that the writers are taking it in that direction, because I think Paige Turco and Scott Bakula have some decent chemistry together.  Writers, please take a note from Elizabeth and Peter Burke from White Collar.  Now THAT is a good marriage!

I love LaSalle more and more each episode.  Lucas Black has such an easy charm and chemistry with everything and everyone.  But is still totally believable as a badass.  Brody - still trying too hard.  Isn't she supposed to be some sort of uber-interrogator?  All I see her do is yell at suspects and throw stuff down on the table.  They need to refine her character or give the actress some better direction.

LaSalle has the best ideas for Halloween costumes!  The Baconator?  Wicked Witch of the Vest?  I laughed until I hiccuped.  The Freudian Slip is cute, but Meg Ryan did it first (and better!) in the movie D.O.A. with Dennis Quaid.  As always, CCH Pounder does the most with the little time she has.  The lab geek doesn't bother me, at least I believe the character, as opposed to Brody.  Too bad, because I do like the actress, is it Zoe McClellan?  I just don't buy her in the part, and I do partly blame the writing for that.  They seem to be trying too hard to make her all that.

I would like to see a scene with LaSalle at the hospital with the kids that he makes the Lego sculptures for.  I bet he would be awesome with kids!

I actually think this has been my favorite episode of the series so far. I thought the team chemistry really clicked in this episode and the banter was good (and yes, please, for the love of god, do not try to create UST between Brody and Lasalle, thank you). Plus, it's also a bonus to get Fornell in an episode. 

One thing I actually really liked about this episode was Pride asking Vance for more manpower. As much as I love the Mothership (and yes, LA too) it drives me batshit when the main team are the only ones involved in some sort of major case, when in reality there would be a lot more people. So I thought Pride asking for back-up was a nice nod to the fact that they are a smaller operation and not necessarily equiped to handle every type of case that comes their way.

I don't see any reason to include the estranged relationship between Pride and his wife.  This is a crime show and other sub plots aren't needed.  That said, I'm enjoying this show a lot.  I agree with many others  here that LaSalle/Lucas Black is the best thing about the show, and I like the camarderie between the characters.

I was suspicious of the son when he was first shown.  It was kind of late in the show at that point and I didn't think there would be much more time for another suspect to turn up.  Plus, he gave off a strange vibe to me.

TV.Com:

A navy officer with the highest level top secret clearance is murdered, after he was recently assigned as a tech liaison with a private developer. Meanwhile, Pride transforms the carport into an auto shop when he works on the first car he gave his wife.

I find that I am actually looking forward to this show now.  Even the characters I didn't like so well at first (Brody and lab geek) are becoming more fleshed out.

I guess Pride's wife isn't going to be showing up too often after all, since she packed up and moved away to her sister's place.  And he fixed the car up to sell it, not for her.  That's fine with me.

Who takes someone's potato salad?  You may not know who it belongs to but you certainly know it isn't yours.  Potato salad thief or not, I do like that tech character, hope he becomes a regular.

I thought it was a pretty good episode, nothing special maybe, but entertaining enough for a Tuesday evening.

Edited by Trey

I guess Pride's wife isn't going to be showing up too often after all, since she packed up and moved away to her sister's place.

That's fine with me. the sooner Show drops this particular soap opera, the better. IMO, it only detracts from the show's strengths.

• Love 1

This show is definitely growing on me and I look forward to watching it now rather than just having it on in the background while I play Candy Crush.  However, that conspiracy loving lab tech needs to go...I cannot stand him.   I do like the addition of the tech guy in the wheel chair though.  Seems like all of the NCIS need someone like him.

• Love 1

However, that conspiracy loving lab tech needs to go...I cannot stand him.   I do like the addition of the tech guy in the wheel chair though.

The lab tech just seems like a rip-off of Hodgins on Bones. (and TJ Thyne does it SOOO much better!) The tech guy is cool.

After tonight's episode, I decided what's wrong may be the pacing. I feel like I already know what they are going to say before the words come out of their mouths. Either the writing is just too generic and formulaic or the directing is too lethargic. The whole show feels like the NOLA heat and humidity got to everyone and they just can't function normally (I'm talking about the show itself, not the characters) It seemed especially true in this episode. The scenes between members of the regualr cast have no zest or spark... no energy.

Somehow, it all feels lazy and like too many people are phoning it in. And the totally unoriginal lab tech is just one example (they even got someone who sorta LOOKS like Hodgins, except again.. TJ Thyne is SOO much finer)

For the first time, I actually made a point to watch live, and I have to say that I enjoyed this episode.  I'd never seen the interaction between Pride and his wife (only read about it here) but I am actually glad that she's apparently not going to be a major part of the story line.  For some strange reason, I felt relief learning that. 

CCH Pounder and her unspoken reactions to the lab guy are gold!  I find myself wanting to do the same thing every time he tried to be "cool."  Really love Chris!  His accent is really starting to settle in with me and I just love how he interacts with the other cast members.  Still not a huge fan of Brody but she wasn't too bad last night.

The case of the week was really confusing, but I did like the dead man's wife.  And her reaching out to Pride while in protective custody felt real to me.  Also liked the twist in that the dead woman in the bath wasn't the "other woman."  That would have been so trite.  I don't know whether her being a lesbian was integral to the case (because I think the husband was the target and the dead woman was collateral damage), but I just liked that little twist. 

I think I'm with this show, and honestly didn't think I would be given the uneven previous episodes.

Edited by damalanop

I liked this one also.  The scenes in the safe house between Pride and the widow were touching, I agree, though part of me still wanted to know why she had withdrawn that $20 thousand.  I guess they had ruled her out as a suspect so they dropped the question.

I don't hate the conspiracy theory lab guy but I do like the other tech guy better and wonder why he couldn't take over that role, or maybe have his enlarged.

It's true this show is a little overly laid back.  Maybe for that reason, though I know they won't do it, I wish CBS would run this one first and build up to the more dramatic NCIS mothership after that.  But they won't because they want this one to have the NCIS lead in I guess.

Boy, tonight's episode started out innocuous enough and then went down the rabbit hole.

That being said Brody kicked ass!!  I was impressed.  However when they were on the roof I noticed she had heels on..how the hell can she do her job in heels?

This show has definitely grown on me and even the conspiracy guy in the morgue was toned down and actually human and nice tonight.  I hope he stays that way.

• Love 2

I was a little confused by that. Was he looking for his buddy at the end or his actual brother? It was alluded to earlier in the episode that the brother has mental or emotional issues. But Mr.AnimalNurse thought he was looking for the friend. So I don't know.  I really, really, really thought the buddy was going to be in on it, with all the foreshadowing about how much care his son takes and how as a parent you will to anything for your child. 

Was he looking for his buddy at the end or his actual brother?

At the end he was looking for his brother, when he talked to the waitress.  But his brother hadn't been around there for a few months.

I was also worried that LaSalle's buddy was the bad guy, to earn money for his son - so glad he wasn't. 

• Love 2

So, so glad the buddy wasn't a bad guy.  So glad.

Have we heard much of LaSalle's backstory?    He does the fancy Lego models, and is seen hanging out in restaurants drinking coffee in the early morning before they're open (or was that Pride..).  What else do we know?  Does he live on that boat we saw a few episodes back where Pride was bbq-ing on the dock, Brody was reading her history of New Orleans book, and LaSalle was fishing off the end of the boat?

I was worried about LaSalle's buddy too!  When I saw him sitting in the restaurant with his phone next to him for a minute I thought that was the trigger for the bomb.  And then they couldn't find him...we are conditioned to believe he was involved.

I was pleasantly surprised when he wasn't.

We need more LaSalle information!!

• Love 2
After a stolen Navy-issued gun is found to belong to a Chief Petty Officer who died 40 years ago, the NCIS team reopens the cold case, one that Wade has personally tracked and investigated for years. Also, the team prepares for their annual Thanksgiving dinner together.

Kind of a waste of Dean Stockwell, but the potential is there to have his character return.

I haven't seen him in anything for a while, so I hope his appearance in the episode was mostly for the character, because he wasn't looking well at all. I know he's getting up there, but I hate to think he's not doing well, health-wise :(

Edited by TheOtherOne
  • Love 1

Wow, I wish I could have seen who was the winner of the greens/collards cookoff!  You have authentic southern cooking with LaSalle, scientific cooking with nerd guy (I really need to learn his name!), and...something with Brody.

Speaking of Brody, man, I still don't have a good handle on her character.  I see that they are trying to make her all badass (look!  She kicks in doors!  She beats up bad guys!), but I just don't believe her.  I would rather have seen more of Pride and LaSalle than TPTB trying to make me believe her as a tough guy.  Somehow Zoe just doesn't seem to have the gravitas to pull it off.  Also, if she is supposed to be all that as an interrogator, she should try to have more technique that just scowling like she is constipated or something.  Small nits, and I don't hate Brody, just don't always believe the characterization.

So, Pride's wife and daughter both have problems with him because...he's such a good guy?  Really?  That is so lame.  They both need a slap up the head.  I actually felt sorry for him when his daughter was basically telling him to act like an asshole.  Grow up, little girl!  I am intrigued by the references to Pride's father, though.  Is he in prison?  Now THAT is a story I want to know more about!  That, and LaSalle's story.  Both good.

As always, CCH Pounder rules the world.  But be careful, show.  Don't try to make her too perfect, or that will backfire quickly.  Saint Loretta would be annoying.  

Dean Stockwell does look old (well, he is!), but I thought he did a really good job with his role.  Interesting that his family and Pride's were family feuding for generations? 

• Love 4

Wow, I wish I could have seen who was the winner of the greens/collards cookoff!  You have authentic southern cooking with LaSalle, scientific cooking with nerd guy (I really need to learn his name!), and...something with Brody.

Speaking of Brody, man, I still don't have a good handle on her character.  I see that they are trying to make her all badass (look!  She kicks in doors!  She beats up bad guys!), but I just don't believe her.  I would rather have seen more of Pride and LaSalle than TPTB trying to make me believe her as a tough guy.  Somehow Zoe just doesn't seem to have the gravitas to pull it off.  Also, if she is supposed to be all that as an interrogator, she should try to have more technique that just scowling like she is constipated or something.  Small nits, and I don't hate Brody, just don't always believe the characterization.

So, Pride's wife and daughter both have problems with him because...he's such a good guy?  Really?  That is so lame.  They both need a slap up the head.  I actually felt sorry for him when his daughter was basically telling him to act like an asshole.  Grow up, little girl!  I am intrigued by the references to Pride's father, though.  Is he in prison?  Now THAT is a story I want to know more about!  That, and LaSalle's story.  Both good.

As always, CCH Pounder rules the world.  But be careful, show.  Don't try to make her too perfect, or that will backfire quickly.  Saint Loretta would be annoying.  

Dean Stockwell does look old (well, he is!), but I thought he did a really good job with his role.  Interesting that his family and Pride's were family feuding for generations?

Yeah, I'm still on the fence about Brody.  She appears to have an engaging personality, but they also seem to be forcing too much to make her a bad ass. I think she can be a competent agent and not be able to kick in a door.  (I'm not even sure if I could kick in a door.)

I guess with Pride they'd decided that too many leading men have "bad things" in their life.  They drink, or gamble, or their wife was killed.  So, they went the complete opposite way with Pride: he's TOO nice.  (It's interesting because, as actors go, Bakula's supposed to be a nice guy.)  But, yeah, it feels lame.  ON the other hand, if they had the wife and daughter complain about him being a workaholic that'd feel lame because we hear that about every lead character.  (Of course, that's closer to real-life.)

I also like the family dynamics between Pride's family and Stockwell/and son (can't remember the characters' names).

The story was so-so, if a little too contrived.

• Love 1

Are my ears hearing an accent from Pride about 40% of the time? I like this show but they need to decide whether or not the characters are Cajuns and stick with an accent.

I was also alarmed by Dean Stockwell's appearance. It makes me feel old too!