Type keyword(s) to search

Shark Tank in the Media

Amarsir
  • Start Topic

42 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

You'll care when Bethenny opens her mouth and starts whiney baby talking. :)

I trust Mark and Kevin will take care of that. 

• Love 1

I think BF will be an interesting addition. I like her quick wit a and I find her to be smart & a hustler. I've never noticed any whiney baby talk & I doubt I've missed an episode of RHoNY.

• Love 2

One of the episodes of this summer's installment of Celebrity Familh Feud is going to be the Dancing with the Stars family led by Kym Herjaveck and the Shark Tank family led by Robert. Unfortunately, our beloved Chris Sacca will be part of the Shark family. 

37 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

So is Bethenny Frankel really going to invest her money in someone who's pitching a "great" product"? I just can't picture her investing money unless it's in her own product. 

Me either. She's tight.

I know Sacca is supposedly now an ex-Shark (yay), but this may be of interest:

http://gizmodo.com/women-open-up-to-the-new-york-times-about-silicon-valle-1796567083

The gizmodo article links to the full NYT piece, and also excerpts the Sacca-specific parts. I could go on for days about it, but for me: he is who I thought he was, both in the allegation and his curiously-timed self-aggrandizing post. Also, his "what I will do better in the future" section makes me think he's probably not as VC retired as he decided he was back in May, but everything is (likely purposefully) vague enough that it's hard to tell in what capacity he's working in the industry.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:01 AM, starri said:

Barbara is apparently following in Robert's footsteps to Dancing with the Stars.  It will be interesting to see if she also divorces her husband and marries one of the dancers.

As handsy and inappropriately as Barbara has behaved with male entrepreneurs on Shark Tank, I'm wondering if she'll get all skeevy with her dancing partner, Keo.  I actually feel sorry for him.

On 9/1/2017 at 5:01 AM, starri said:

Barbara is apparently following in Robert's footsteps to Dancing with the Stars.  It will be interesting to see if she also divorces her husband and marries one of the dancers.

Robert was divorced when he joined the show.  

I watch a lot of reruns on MSNBC because I only started watching this show a few years ago. I will often look up the pitch, to see where they are today and how business is doing. What is blowing my mind are the number of people who are recruited by producers. Almost all of them are, so I wonder how hard it is to actually get on this show if you have a business you want to pitch? Producers go to trade shows, conventions, etc., and handpick who they want to come on.

On 7/5/2017 at 11:41 AM, cooksdelight said:

New judge Bethanny promoting her....product....

IMG_2547.JPG

Given that her SkinnyGirl brand is all about being low-calorie and such, this kind of "promotion" makes perfect sense, IMO. I watched her episode and thought she was smart and had a lot of energy, but I don't watch Housewives so I don't have any particular baggage about her the way others seem to. 

So is Bethenny Frankel really going to invest her money in someone who's pitching a "great" product"? I just can't picture her investing money unless it's in her own product. 

She did make several references to bringing pitched products under her SkinnyGirl umbrella, so it would have accomplished the same goal in the end. I guess it's the lazy person in me, but if I could get my stuff tucked under the umbrella of an established brand, I'd probably go that road. Here's my idea, make me that money... This is why I'm not an entrepreneur or a business owner, lol.

(edited)
On 5/19/2017 at 11:37 PM, Wings said:

Who is staying from the regular group or are these just going to be guest sharks?  

Richard Branson, oh yes!  

Not all that familiar with Bethany but what I do no is a huge thumbs down from me.  

I know very little about Alex.  

Alex Rodriguez was once an extremely talented shortstop for the Seattle Mariners.  He left them for a mega-contract when he reached free agency and went to the Texas Rangers.  It was there that he got into illegal PEDs (Performance Enhancing Drugs) though he had no need of them.  He had a lock on going to Cooperstown period.  But still he got into the crap just like Barry Bonds and Mike Maguire before him for no good reason.

He didn't get caught however until he played with the New York Yankees -- who gave him even more money --  living a bigger than life man about town douche life style.

He was involved with a Miami clinic and not only took PEDs himself but "referred" a good half dozen other players to the clinic some of whom were young, impressionable Latino players who worshiped the earth he walked on.  Some of them never got their careers back after they were caught.  Alex?  Well he sat out his long suspension while collecting his fat check from the Yankees.  When he came back he was crap on the field and could care less.

After retiring he has been "punished" in the public eye by being hired as a pre/after game commentator on Fox Sports and now a member of the prime ESPN Sunday Night Baseball announcing team.  Now the douche goes on Shark Tank.  And why?  Because he is a charmer type.  These types get away with anything and are still given more by a society who seems to have lost all moral and ethical values it seems.  Yuk!

Edited by green
  • Love 2

Did anyone watch the special Shark Tank Meets Shark Week, in which the "sharks" from the show interacted with various shark conservation charity groups and did their own pitches for their charities?  Aired Wednesday, July 25.

I watched it and really enjoyed it.  I appreciated how much each of the Sharks who participated learned about sharks and wanted to help their charities.  I know that Robert really wished he had been able to interact with real sharks, but as he said, he's more afraid of a wife pregnant with twins... I do think they had him there primarily as a tie-breaker.

Lots of information about the current state of selected sharks.  My heart broke for the sharks during the various segments.  

I did not see promotions for this show, but am really glad that I came across it.  

20 hours ago, Rosemarie said:

Did Shark Tank really invest in the Keto Diet pill on Nov. 26th. I see so many commercials saying there from the Shark Tank show. Is it true

Per Snopes, no

It is not unusual for companies to claim that they were endorsed by a celebrity, a famous doctor, or a show like Shark Tank. 

On 11/26/2019 at 2:49 PM, Rosemarie said:

Did Shark Tank really invest in the Keto Diet pill on Nov. 26th. I see so many commercials saying there from the Shark Tank show. Is it true

4 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

Per Snopes, no

It is not unusual for companies to claim that they were endorsed by a celebrity, a famous doctor, or a show like Shark Tank. 

The last couple of episodes of Shark Tank have had PSAs to beware of companies claiming a Shark Tank connection and providing a URL so folks can check.

Edited by DEL901
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

You also see many products advertised "As seen on Shark Tank" and while it may be true that they did appear on the show, it doesn't necessarily mean they got a deal, or weren't laughed off the set by the sharks.

• Love 1