Type keyword(s) to search

Super(girl) Media

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

I wonder if some shows will have a shorter filming hiatus in between seasons so they can get back to a more regular schedule?

I think I've heard that's the plan for some shows; but I imagine that some others will have to have a longer hiatus.

Even so, I can't see the regular season with the regular shows starting until November - the earliest.

2 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

TVLine has the CW summer schedule. Supergirl will return from its hiatus on Tuesday, August 24th. It will have 13 episodes left to air. Its amazing that Supergirl is filming later than any of the Arrowverse shows yet will have aired less than half its season before it finishes filming. The show wraps on August 6. 

Granted I am no network bigwig, but this just seems... real dumb? Why not just have held it as a summer or fall show in the first place? Well, with any hope maybe they can pull together a nicely cohesive final 13 episodes to send off the show, without any more big hiatuses!

• Love 1

I think Supergirl originally it wasn't supposed to premiere until the summer.  Superman and Lois got behind on filming due to a covid shut down so Supergirl is airing its first several episodes earlier than was originally planned. I like that we got to see some episodes in the spring even if it is annoying that we have to wait over 3 months for the rest of the season to begin airing. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Trini said:

It's not their fault, but, boy, is CW's scheduling messed up this year!

With shows running into the normal fall premiere months, I wonder if the '2021-2022' season will start in January again? (At least for their top shows.)

They have lost their minds. We have every network besides TheCW who is airing their seasons normally and are already at season finales....is because TheCW is cheap? How is it every network is doing fine but CW has all of their shows airing all over the place? Months on months apart from that?

• Love 2

Did Supergirl started filming later to minimize the amount of episodes without Melissa?

I think this way they avoid (at least the perception of) burning off the show during the summer. If they go straight through starting in August they'll end just before Thanksgiving, and if Stargirl ends a week or two before they'll have room for a farewell special that night.

I like the pairing of Stargirl with Supergirl, BTW.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Supergirl actually started filming around the same time as many of the other Arrowverse shows. However, they started filming without Melissa Benoist, who didn't return until January. So her scenes in the Phantom Zone were filmed later than the other scenes in the episodes. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1
(edited)

TVline has the CW fall schedule. There is nothing about Supergirl but The Flash and Riverdale premier on Tuesday, November 16. They are supposed to air a 5 episode event starting mid-November. I think Supergirl will have its series finale the week before unless they are going to air its final episodes in 2022 but that doesn't seem likely. 

Edited by Oreo2234
6 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

TVline has the CW fall schedule. There is nothing about Supergirl but The Flash and Riverdale premier on Tuesday, November 16. They are supposed to air a 5 episode event starting mid-November. I think Supergirl will have its series finale the week before unless they are going to air its final episodes in 2022 but that doesn't seem likely. 

There aren't that many episodes left once the show comes back on August 24, are there?

13 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

Supergirl has 13 episodes left. 

One per week would put the finale on November 16. I wonder if they'll do a double episode on the 9th? If Stargirl has 13 episodes they'll end on November 2 if  they're back on August 10 and don't skip, so the 9th is fully available.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Laura Vandervoort (Indigo) did an interview with Michael Rosenbaum on Youtube. She talks about Supergirl close to the half hour mark. It seems like she didn't have a pleasant experience on set. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Supergirl's Nicole Maines will be part of the following virtual panel at Comic-Con@Home 2021, July 23-25, 2021...
https://www.comic-con.org/cci/programming-schedule 

TV Guide Magazine's 2021 Fan Favorites

The publication that loves TV—and fandoms—brings together another epic group of talent for its annual celebration of stars we can't get enough of! Shawn Ashmore (The Rookie, The Boys), Lesley-Ann Brandt (Lucifer), Leah Lewis (Nancy Drew), Kaitlin Olson (It's Always Sunny), Brec Bassinger (Stargirl), Jesse Lee Soffer (Chicago PD), Mädchen Amick (Riverdale), Camrus Johnson (Batwoman), Roselyn Sanchez (Fantasy Island), and Nicole Maines (Supergirl) swap stories of fan encounters, reflect on representation and share a ton of laughs in this lively chat moderated by TV Guide Magazine senior writer, Damian Holbrook.

Start time: Jul 24, 2021 12:00 pm (GMT-07:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)

Edited by tv echo
On 6/24/2021 at 11:36 AM, Oreo2234 said:

Laura Vandervoort (Indigo) did an interview with Michael Rosenbaum on Youtube. She talks about Supergirl close to the half hour mark. It seems like she didn't have a pleasant experience on set. 

I saw that tidbit. I wonder what was up with that.

(edited)

Panel included Nicole Maines...

TV Guide Magazine's 2021 Fan Favorites | Comic-Con@Home 2021
Comic-Con International   Jul 24, 2021

The publication that loves TV—and fandoms—brings together another epic group of talent for its annual celebration of stars we can't get enough of! Shawn Ashmore (The Rookie, The Boys), Lesley-Ann Brandt (Lucifer), Leah Lewis (Nancy Drew), Kaitlin Olson (It's Always Sunny), Brec Bassinger (Stargirl), Jesse Lee Soffer (Chicago PD), Mädchen Amick (Riverdale), Camrus Johnson (Batwoman), Roselyn Sanchez (Fantasy Island), and Nicole Maines (Supergirl) swap stories of fan encounters, reflect on representation and share a ton of laughs in this lively chat moderated by TV Guide Magazine senior writer, Damian Holbrook.

Edited by tv echo

Nicole Maines and Azie Tesfai will be among the CW stars participating in this campaign...

The CW Launches New, Nonpartisan Initiative to Support and Protect the Freedom to Vote
August 6, 2021
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2021/08/06/the-cw-launches-new-nonpartisan-initiative-to-support-and-protect-the-freedom-to-vote-132213/20210806cw01/ 

August 6, 2021 (Burbank, CA) ─ On the 56th anniversary of the monumental Voting Rights Act of 1965, The CW is launching a new, nonpartisan initiative entitled "Freedom to Vote," to help promote eligible voter protection and remove barriers to voting, it was announced today by Mark Pedowitz, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The CW. The effort builds on the network's 2020 "Vote Actually" campaign that helped to encourage millions of young people to be ready to vote and make their voices heard.

The new CW campaign is being developed in partnership with nonpartisan, nonprofit organizations including the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under the Law, dedicated to securing equal justice for all through the rule of law; and Vote.org, the largest voting registration and get-out-the-vote technology platform in America.

Among The CW talent featured in the multiplatform campaign, which kicks off today, include Sam Adegoke ("Dynasty"), Tala Ashe ("DC's Legends of Tomorrow"), Brec Bassinger ("Stargirl"), Coby Bell ("Walker"), Kaylee Bryant ("Legacies"), Melonie Diaz ("Charmed"), Liz Gillies ("Dynasty"), Grant Gustin ("The Flash"), Camrus Johnson ("Batwoman"), Olivia Liang ("Kung Fu"), Nicole Kang ("Batwoman"), Nicole Maines ("Supergirl"), Jeanine Mason ("Roswell, New Mexico"), Perry Mattfeld ("In The Dark"), Kennedy McMann ("Nancy Drew"), Candice Patton ("The Flash"), Danielle Rose Russell ("Legacies"), Azie Tesfai ("Supergirl"), Elizabeth Tulloch ("Superman & Lois"), Anjelika Washington ("DC's Stargirl"), and Karimah Westbrook ("All American"). The new "Freedom to Vote" PSAs -- which encourages viewers to get involved at Vote.org/TheCW -- will be broadcast during the network's primetime line up, across its digital platforms and apps, as well as on its social media outlets.

Edited by tv echo
  • LOL 1

Aw, that was cute. I loved David wanting to snowboard/take out the garbage in his Martian Manhunter suit, Jesse wanting the chair in the Legion ship, and Chyler pondering the Hand of the Soldier turning into a sub sandwich, lol

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Humbugged said:

19 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Hmm. Everyone but Superman and Lois. Oh, and OG Atom will be back -- yay!

They've noticeably tried to have S&L stand separate from the other shows for whatever reason, so I'm not surprised on that. More surprised that it's Alex making the crossover vs another character. 

• Love 2

I'm not that surprised. Chyler did an interview where I got the impression that she would have been happy to play Alex for longer and it seems like David Harewood and Melissa Benoist will be unavailable for a while. 

Edited by Oreo2234

Supergirl tribute at DC FanDome, October 16th:

Warner Bros. Television will offer a look at new seasons of Batwoman, The Flash, Superman & Lois, and Sweet Tooth; a farewell tribute to Supergirl as it approaches its epic conclusion after six seasons; a celebration of 100 episodes of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow; a first look at forthcoming new drama Naomi; and a sneak peek at an upcoming episode of DC’s Stargirl.

FANDOME2021_KA_1080x1920_612d5bdede08a9.15328447.jpg

Melissa Benoist and Thomas Lennon will appear virtually at New York Comic Con on Oct. 7...

https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en-us/explore/panels/panel-information.html?gtID=748623&panel-name=Melissa-Benoist-and-amp-Thomas-Lennon-Supergirl-Costars-and-Authors 

Melissa Benoist & Thomas Lennon: Supergirl Costars and Authors
Thu, Oct 7, 2021
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Virtual Only Programming

Join actors Melissa Benoist and Thomas Lennon as they reveal the inside scoop on all things Supergirl and their journey from costars to authors of new middle grade novels. Benoist is publishing The Powers: Haven’s Secret with her sister Jessica Benoist on October 19 and Lennon will publish the third book in his Ronan Boyle series Ronan Boyle Into the Strangeplace in November.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Another preview clip and quotes here: https://www.thewrap.com/supergirl-kelly-olsen-azie-tesfai-blind-spots-sneak-peek-exclusive/

“I hope that our young Black fans and young Black female fans feel seen in some capacity,” Tesfai said. “And all of our fans, whether it’s through me or Diggle or J’onn, or amazing guest stars in Orlando [Jhaleil Swaby] and Aiden [Stoxx, who plays Joey], I hope that they feel like they’re not just a one-off side character that’s boiled down into one person, but there’s nuances in the story. And I feel like everyone else has a better understanding about how to have these conversations with their loved ones. And know that feeling uncomfortable and not having a resolve is the norm, and that that means you should lean into it more and hopefully it provides some sort of guidelines to explore those conversations. That would be my dream.”

Honorable mention for Azie at TVLine's Performer of the Week: https://tvline.com/2021/09/25/hannah-waddingham-ted-lasso-season-2-episode-10-performance-rebecca/

HONORABLE MENTON | This week’s Supergirl, titled “Blind Spots,” tackled uncomfortable conversations as Kelly Olsen (played by Azie Tesfai) challenged the Arrowverse show’s titular hero to do better by an underserved community. Throughout the emotionally charged hour, which Tesfai co-wrote alongside J. Holtham, the actress delivers an authentic and vulnerable performance that really makes one question why the show didn’t dig this deep with her character sooner. You feel every ounce of exasperation as Kelly watches people around her get sicker and sicker, the sheer frustration because her friends aren’t paying attention and the self-affirming strength when she finally suits up as Guardian. The episode forced Tesfai to explore new levels with her character, and she hit every emotional note like a finely tuned instrument.

Edited by Trini