Type keyword(s) to search

Super(girl) Media

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I think they’ll keep The Flash as long as Grant Gustin wants to do it.  But his contract is up after this season, so....🤷🏻‍♀️  

Grant mentioned that right before Covid hit he was discussing re-signing for two more seasons. So he’s willing to do up to season 9, I just wonder if he’ll ask for shorter seasons.

In Nicole’s Instagram post she mentioned that we haven’t seen the last of Nia and she can’t wait to see where Nia will pop up next. I‘d love to see Nia join the Legends, though I doubt they could afford her lowers, so I wonder if she’ll move to Superman and Lois once Supergirl is done?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

It’s interesting what’s not being said.  No one sounds shocked or upset about it.  Sounds like it was not at all a surprise.

I think they're also grateful they have a job and a show to go back to despite the pandemic.  "In these times" COVID is a good excuse to cancel a series even after it got a renewal notice.  Look what happened to Stumptown. It got a renewal in May, but got canceled last week because of a lot of issues, many related to COVID restrictions.  They're lucky CW decided early on to push all shows to 2021 and that Vancouver is mostly reopened for filming. 

5 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

It’s interesting what’s not being said.  No one sounds shocked or upset about it.  Sounds like it was not at all a surprise.

Considering how close the cast seem to be (I think 95% of David Harewood's Instagram are photos of him and costars, or just costars), Melissa's probably really been talking to them about it since getting pregnant, and talked to the rest of the cast.  They've been prepared for awhile, so it's not a shock.  This allows them to find other projects, doesn't matter if it's theater, other Beeboverse shows, or movies.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

In Nicole’s Instagram post she mentioned that we haven’t seen the last of Nia and she can’t wait to see where Nia will pop up next. I‘d love to see Nia join the Legends, though I doubt they could afford her lowers, so I wonder if she’ll move to Superman and Lois once Supergirl is done?

LOT hasn't really taken an existing character since Wally and they're full to the brim even if one or two leave this year, but it's possible. It's also possible she'll pop up in Lois and Clark sorry Superman & Lois is awkward to say. It's also possible that since Green Arrow and The Canaries is dead that she'll be involved with a potential new redevelopment of a female team up or new attempt at another Arrowverse show. 

I love Nia but the remaining shows aren't dumping grounds for characters from shows that are about to end. Guest starring would be one thing but Legends and the rest already have a plethora of regulars to write for and their own stories to tell. They don't need characters that are already established within the universe. I would be more on board with a spinoff.

I am not shocked about the news and I don't think it had much to do with Melissa's pregnancy. She doesn't feel at home in Vancouver and has always showed a lot of interest in doing other projects and even made her Broadway debut. I believe she wouldn't have renewed her contract even if there had been no baby.

It's unfortunate that they are shooting their last season during a pandemic. I hope everything goes according to plan but twenty episodes doesn't sound feasible and what if someone tests positive and they are forced to shut down production again?

I just hope they give Kara a happy ending. The show never had the best writing but Supergirl has always been my comfort character 🤧

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Starry said:

I love Nia but the remaining shows aren't dumping grounds for characters from shows that are about to end. Guest starring would be one thing but Legends and the rest already have a plethora of regulars to write for and their own stories to tell. They don't need characters that are already established within the universe. I would be more on board with a spinoff.

This is a good point. I think I’m just annoyed that like 75% of the Legends cast are original characters.

Think they’d redesign the suit for the final season? I think Oliver got a new suit. I really want them to add some red to break up the solid blue.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Starry said:

I just hope they give Kara a happy ending. The show never had the best writing but Supergirl has always been my comfort character 🤧

I would bet money they'll give Kara a happy ending, what that looks like I don't know. It's difficult for any of the shows to do my often preferred one of "carry on the good fight/next adventure" with big crossovers always in play. Unless COVID and other shows potentially ending soon has put those on permanent halt. 

Probably not time to build an epic romance with William or anyone else (plus restrictions) and whilst I never shipped Kara with anyone and Kara single is often better it still kinda annoys me that the big female superhero doesn't have the full package almost all of her male compatriots have.

Sisters Forever? Kara exploring the new universe? Or New Argo City?

Edited by Featherhat

With the Batwoman recast and this news it really sounds like the arrowverse will be grinding to a halt unless Greg can get his hands on a few more dc properties.   I don't feel any sort of way about this news though,  i mean I enjoy the show and make sure to watch it but always kind of just easy tv watching,  I'm not a fanatic. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I would bet money they'll give Kara a happy ending, what that looks like I don't know.

Argo City is my guess.

2 hours ago, Delphi said:

With the Batwoman recast and this news it really sounds like the arrowverse will be grinding to a halt unless Greg can get his hands on a few more dc properties.   ...

It's only one show down so far, though? Supergirl still has yet to air it's last season, then there's Stargirl and Superman & Lois.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Trini said:

Argo City is my guess.

It's only one show down so far, though? Supergirl still has yet to air it's last season, then there's Stargirl and Superman & Lois.

Thus far. How Batwoman season two goes is anyones guess.  And Grant is on a his choice in regards to renewing soon.   There is superman and Lois,  but with no midwinter event because there's no one left what're they gonna do. 

14 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Thus far. How Batwoman season two goes is anyones guess.  And Grant is on a his choice in regards to renewing soon.   There is superman and Lois,  but with no midwinter event because there's no one left what're they gonna do. 

Oh, were you mainly talking about crossovers? Yeah, there's probably not going to be a big event next season. I imagine things would be doubly complicated with new Covid procedures, etc.

I just don't think things are "grinding to a halt" when Flash, Legends, Black Lightning, and Batwoman are still here, and Superman & Lois is upcoming.

• Love 2

I'm sad in that, as goofy as the writing can be at times, I still love the show, the characters in it, and the way all the actors play off each other, and I'll miss having it around. But at the same time, I'm not sad, because 6 seasons is a respectable run, and it's so much better to plan an intentional final season than to be canceled unsuspectingly. OR to tank in quality and limp across the finish line. Most shows are either canceled way too soon or drag on way too long, but this feels right.

I also think it helps to read the messages from the cast and see how at peace they all appear to be about it. I agree that it was a decision that was probably a long time coming and pretty much everyone was on board with it by the time it was announced.

The pictures they're posting are giving me all kinds of feels - the show did a great job of fostering a family between the characters, and the beautiful interactions between the cast had a lot to do with it. Once it's over, when I think of Supergirl, I'll think of Kara being powerful (I especially love that thunder clap move she does, always badass) and giving speeches about hope, but I'll also think of game nights, karaoke outings, and Danvers sisters movie-and-takeout nights. Truly, el mayarah.

• Love 3

I'm sad but also happy it had six seasons and isn't being cancelled suddenly. I like Nia and I wouldn't mind seeing her show up somewhere else. It would be nice to see some characters from Supergirl live on in the arrowverse. Though I'd prefer seeing Alex or J'onn show up again somewhere. 

Probably not time to build an epic romance with William or anyone else (plus restrictions) and whilst I never shipped Kara with anyone and Kara single is often better it still kinda annoys me that the big female superhero doesn't have the full package almost all of her male compatriots have.

That romance really felt flat. I don't think many people are rooting for them to get together. The Alex/Kelly romance really fell flat too but I guess its what she'll end up with. 

ETA: YVRshoots still lists its filming dates as September 28th to April 5th but I don't know if that's correct. Wouldn't it be difficult to film 20 episodes in that time?

Edited by Oreo2234
3 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

I'm sad but also happy it had six seasons and isn't being cancelled suddenly. I like Nia and I wouldn't mind seeing her show up somewhere else. It would be nice to see some characters from Supergirl live on in the arrowverse. Though I'd prefer seeing Alex or J'onn show up again somewhere. 

That romance really felt flat. I don't think many people are rooting for them to get together. The Alex/Kelly romance really fell flat too but I guess its what she'll end up with. 

I think it's possible they'll show up in guest spots but I wouldn't want any of them to be regulars on other shows, especially as they don't have any really big ties to the characters. I've seen other franchises try to do it and it's been awkward at best - Sam and SGA anyone? (And I loved Sam). Not to mention they all have a lot of other characters that could be more developed. 

With Kara/William I don't think many people are really rooting for them to get a big HEA, I was just running through possibilities for Kara. Oliver got a big romantic ending after a bittersweet sacrifice and I'd bet WestAllen will have some sort of big Happy Romantic Ending with Twins but that's not going to be possible for Kara, nor "the adventures are continuing.......off screen!" So Argo City would seem like a good bet. Or sisters Forever. 

• Love 1

Since someone else mentioned it, I think sending Kara to the future might actually be a strong possibility.

As far as which Arrowverse show will end next, if Grant is on board for another two seasons, then I think Legends will be the next to go (although maybe not this year).  I don’t think any of the other shows are close to ending.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3

I think it's possible they'll show up in guest spots but I wouldn't want any of them to be regulars on other shows, especially as they don't have any really big ties to the characters. I've seen other franchises try to do it and it's been awkward at best - Sam and SGA anyone? (And I loved Sam).

I suspect Nia and Brainy are the characters most likely to show up again in longterm roles but it would be nice to see a guest spot (or even guest arc) or two from Alex and J'onn if the opportunity is there. 

but that's not going to be possible for Kara, nor "the adventures are continuing.......off screen!" So Argo City would seem like a good bet. Or sisters Forever. 

I would probably like an "adventures are continuing offscreen" ending but they might want to explain why Kara is no longer appearing in crossovers etc so sending her to Argo City or the future to join the Legion would be the best options. It would be sad to separate the Danvers sisters but I don't think it would make sense for Alex to join her. If they do that they better get an epic goodbye scene. 

There has been conflicting information about the number of episodes for the final season. Weeks ago it sounded like it was reduced to 16 episodes but deadline is saying its 20 episodes.  I don't know if changes were made to episode counts or if someone is wrong. I hope its 20 episodes. 

ETA: YVRshoots new article now mentions the last season is 20 episodes but still lists its filming dates as September 28th to April 5th. I don't know if that's correct. Wouldn't it be difficult to film 20 episodes in that time?

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1

I think it's impossible to film that many episodes in six months.

The last time I heard anything about the episode count they said that they were doing sixteen episodes with the option of adding more. YVRShoots must have gotten the info from the Deadline article but didn't think of updating the end date.

• Love 1

The last time I heard anything about the episode count they said that they were doing sixteen episodes with the option of adding more. YVRShoots must have gotten the info from the Deadline article but didn't think of updating the end date.

That's probably what happened. Even if you figure they're mostly using footage from episode 20 of last season for the premiere that would still be a difficult schedule. They probably will be filming at least into late April/May. 

Edited by Oreo2234

‘The Flash’, ‘DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow’, ‘All American’ & Other Berlanti Prods. Series Set Tentative Production Start Dates
By Nellie Andreeva   September 23, 2020
https://deadline.com/2020/09/the-flash-dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-all-american-other-greg-berlanti-productions-series-tentative-production-start-dates-1234582722/ 

EXCLUSIVE: With Batwoman and Riverdale already filming in Vancouver, several more Greg Berlanti series are gearing up to go back to production. Supergirl is slated to begin filming its sixth and final season in Vancouver next Monday, September 28, pending a deal with the local unions to comply with SAG’s testing guidelines which has proven difficult.
As is the case with any production during COVID, the dates are tentative and subject to change. Some of the series mentioned in this story had earlier target start dates that were subsequently pushed, a common occurrence amid the ongoing pandemic.

Warner Bros TV, the studio behind all Berlanti Prods. series, declined comment on the new dates.

Edited by tv echo

That's unfortunate I liked this show. They should replace it with one about Powergirl and reuse some of this cast. Let the hunt for a young Pamela Anderson lookalike begin! 

So, how would you end it?

1. Kara is exposed to aquamarine Kryptonite invented by Lex Luthor and splits into 2 different entities, one human, the other the ultimate super powerful Kryptonian. Her Kryptonian side goes insane with power and her human half eventually has to kill her using regular Kryptonite, fully expecting to die as a consequence. Instead Lena is able to save her and Kara now gets to live her life as an ordinary human without the burden of being Supergirl. In the final scene Kara goes to her desk at Catco and reports on a new crisis, realising that even without her powers she is still a hero.   

2. Kara receives strange dreams of a lost Kryptonian civilization in deep space. She decides to journey into the cosmos to rescue it, leaving her friends and family in the care of Powergirl who has arrived on the scene.

3. Kara fights an almighty foe and eventually triumphs but at the cost of Martian Manhunter's life. In the final scene Brainy confronts her and asks why MM is impersonating Supergirl? MM explains that the real Supergirl is dead but he can take on her role and avoid her family from the grief of her loss, the legend more important than the woman herself. 

4. Lex Luthor artificially impregnates Supergirl in an attempt to create human/Krypton hybrids. The gang defeat him but Kara still gives birth to triplet daughters and retires from the superheroine game to move in with her mum and raise her kids. In the final scene her mother draws her attention to her babies who are now demonstrating the ability to hover under their own power.    

5. Kara is finally defeated by a foe and dies. She wakes up in a mental asylum, tells her doctor and nurse (Jon Cryer and Katie McGrath) that she is ready to go home now and returns to her family (Dean Cain, Lynda Carter and Chyler Leigh). In the final scene she sits down and begins to write about her delusion, turning it into a comic book.  

Aw, this is sad. I had issues with the writing, but I still enjoyed the cast; and I thought they'd at least have a seventh season.

I think a seventh season was probably a real possibility but Melissa's pregnancy, Covid delays etc. made a 6th final season more ideal. I don't think Mellissa was ever going to stay past season 7 though. I would have preferred season 7 as the end because it would be nice to have a final season that would be less impacted by covid restrictions. But with the way the pandemic has actually led to more sudden cancellations its great that they can plan out the final season and it will have a real ending. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 2
Just now, ClassicShowsFan said:

Congratulations to Melissa!

Yeah, congrats to the happy mom and dad.

It's gotta warm your heart and bring a smile to your face, that after all the shit Melissa went through in her previous relationship, she's found so much happiness.  She's gotten married to a better man, and is now officially a mom.

• Love 6

U.S. TV Production In Vancouver Largely On Pause Over COVID-19 Test Results Delays
By Nellie Andreeva    September 29, 2020
https://deadline.com/2020/09/production-in-vancouver-on-pause-ovid-19-test-results-delays-1234588472/

EXCLUSIVE: A month after U.S. series began to resume production in Vancouver with COVID-19 protocols amid the pandemic, most of them have suspended filming. Like was the case when restart of production was delayed in August, the issue has to do with testing.

I hear a slew of series from multiple studios, including Riverdale, A Million Little Things, Charmed, Batwoman, The Mighty Ducks, Nancy Drew and Maid, have been idle for several days now or are in the process of shutting down because of delays of as much as 72+ hours in receiving COVID-19 test results for their casts and crew. Shows that had been scheduled to start this week, including The Flash, Supergirl and DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow, have been pushed. I hear a local lab did not meet deadlines, leaving productions in the dark. There is no indication that there are any positive cases but, without definitive PCR test results and no rapid testing available, studios have had no choice but to halt production. I hear the suspension of filming is done day by day and still ongoing. Additionally, I’m getting accounts of possible test shortages, which would compound the problem. “It’s a mess,” multiple industry insiders said of the situation.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

‘A Million Little Things’ & ‘The Mighty Ducks’ To Resume Production As Many Vancouver Series Remain Dark, Eye Friday Restart After COVID Test Results Delays – Update
By Nellie Andreeva   September 30, 2020
https://deadline.com/2020/09/a-million-little-things-resume-production-vancouver-based-us-series-remain-dark-covid-test-results-delays-friday-restart-date-1234589232/ 

The remaining series that were affected will remain dark tomorrow, with strong indications that shooting would resume Friday, according to sources. That includes Riverdale, Charmed, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist, Batwoman, Nancy Drew, Maid and The Mysterious Benedict Society. There are also several series whose start this week had been delayed; including The Flash, Supergirl and DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow. They will begin filming as soon as the test backlog is resolved,

As Deadline reported last night, we hear a local lab did not meet deadlines, leaving productions in the dark. There are no indication that there are any positive cases but, without definitive PCR test results and no rapid testing available, studios have had no choice but to halt production. The suspension of filming continues to be evaluated day by day.

Edited by tv echo

Supergirl is nominated for a People's Choice Award; "Sci-fi/Fantasy Show of 2020".

These are the best stars 2020 has to offer and the winner of each category will be decided by you since the PCAs is the only award show for the people, by the people. Voting starts today, Oct. 1 and ends Friday, October 23 at 11:59pm ET, so be sure to make your vote count.

You can vote up to 25 times per category, per day, per method (voting site, Twitter or Xfinity). So what are you waiting for?! The fate of your favorite stars hangs in the balance.

You can vote here: https://pca.eonline.com/tv/the-sci-fifantasy-show-of-2020

Or on Twitter:

The Flash started filming today and according to YVRShoots Legends of Tomorrow has also started filming but I haven't heard anything about Supergirl. I hope they aren't experiencing a big delay. I know the CW is not as cancellation happy as other networks but delays and trouble starting up again has killed some shows. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

The Flash started filming today and according to YVRShoots Legends of Tomorrow has also started filming but I haven't heard anything about Supergirl. I hope they aren't experiencing a big delay. I know the CW is not as cancellation happy as other networks but delays and trouble starting up again has killed some shows. 

Maybe they're staggering the filming a bit?  They can't fit 3 casts all on that same damn rooftop while maintaining social distancing.

• LOL 4

Its possible that, for whatever reason (scheduling? the show ending this year?), processing covid tests for the other shows was a higher priority. But I'll be worried if they don't start by the end of next week. 

ETA:

According to Lindsay B@lemon_buzz  Supergirl begins filming on Tuesday October 13th. 

Edited by Oreo2234

According to Hollywood North.buzz Supergirl starting filming this week and will have a 10 month shoot. It is now set to finish filming on August 6, 2021. If they are taking that long to film 20 episodes then I assume they must have a couple of breaks planned. I guess we probably won't see the finale until at least next September. 

ETA: TVfanatic talks about want it wants to see in the final season.

I've seen the suggestion that Alex adopts a kid in a few articles on the final season and I cannot disagree more. I don't see how that would make sense with where her life is right now. Also does no one remember how boring and cut off from the main story that Ruby plot in the second half of season 3 was? Just because she want one doesn't mean it needs to happen before the show is over. 

Also can't disagree more with Andrea joining the Superfriends. We don't need another superhero and she is not interesting at all. The last thing we need in the final season is a focus on new characters. I'd rather she and William get pushed to the background while the show focuses on Kara Alex, J'onn, Brainy, Nia and Lena, in that order preferably. Don't really care about the others. 

I do agree that Kara and William have little chemistry and he isn't who she should end up with. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Useful 1

According to this Instyle article Melissa Benoist won't return to film the show until January. I wonder if they are going on a longer Christmas break or if they are filming 2 full months without her. The episodes do take longer to film under Covid restrictions so maybe she won't miss that much but it seems likely we will get some Kara light episodes early in the season.

• Useful 1

I'm glad its getting a relatively long season because the cast is so big and there's still things from last season that need to be addressed or wrapped up. Though they should follow Arrow's example and sideline the less important supporting characters.

According to Hollywood Northbuzz Chyler Leigh (Alex) is directing an episode this season. We will likely get a couple of episodes where Alex is absent or barely featured but its nice that so many Arrowverse cast members direct episodes. I think David Harewood directed two episodes last year. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 2

David Harewood interview at Variety: 'David Harewood Plots Return to U.K. With Hopes of Forging New Roles for Black British Actors'

Supergirl comments:

Harewood praised his experience on The CW’s “Supergirl,” where he had the opportunity to direct some episodes of the long-running, Melissa Benoist-led superhero series in which he plays Martian Manhunter. “As a Black Brit, you just don’t get those opportunities. I’ve really appreciated those responsibilities.

“It’s a great fan base, and it’s been a joy to play,” said Harewood of the show, which ends after season six next year.

The actor also addressed the cast’s response after Benoist shared her experience with domestic abuse late last year. “We’re quite a close cast and we all share the same WhatsApp group, which is highly unusual for a whole cast to do. We got a bit of a heads up that she was going to be doing it. We all knew her story and for her to come out publicly and own it was really quite moving. We’re very, very, very proud of her.

Harewood said he was grateful to be “part of a group and a cast that feels brave enough to broach these difficult, personal subjects, because a lot of our fanbase experiences similar issues, like self-harming. We have a huge LGBTQ fanbase and the issues they have to deal with [were] tackled in season three. It’s been an issue-based show and I’m very proud that [Greg Berlanti] and The CW allowed us to raise these issues.”

• Love 1

Two nominations for Supergirl in the inaugural Critics Choice Super Awards: 'Best Actor in a Superhero Series – Jon Cryer' and 'Best Actress in a Superhero Series – Melissa Benoist'.

The Critics Choice Association (CCA) announced today the nominees for the inaugural Critics Choice Super Awards, a special event honoring the most popular, fan-obsessed genres across both television and movies, including Superhero, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Horror, Action and Animation.  The winners will be revealed in a special television presentation, which will be produced remotely following COVID safety protocols, hosted by writer/director/podcaster Kevin Smith andactress/writer Dani Fernandez.  The ceremony will air on The CW Network on Sunday, January 10, 2021 (8:00-10:00pm ET/PT) and will stream the next day for free on The CW App and cwtv.com. 

On 11/26/2020 at 3:15 PM, Trini said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

My favorite will always be the one where Alex comes out as gay. You can see that she's already had a couple of glasses of wine on an empty stomach to steel her nerves and is therefore already a bit blotto -- and that's before Cisco and Barry Allen interrupt by trying to breach directly into Kara's loft from Earth-1!

• Love 1