Type keyword(s) to search

Super(girl) Media

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

Another interview with Staz Nair: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/11/01/lying-for-truth-staz-nair-risks-it-all-on-supergirl

In Sunday’s episode, William learns that Kara’s discovered a lot of things about him, but he’s discovered a few things about her too. Is he on to her secret?

This is only my opinion, it’s not based on anything I’ve seen, but you know when something is just so close that you can’t see it? I think that he is just so hellbent on covering Andrea Rojas, and also, he’s been frightened to death by a Martian! He knows Martians exist, and you don’t want to see one in a dingy sewer when you turn around and look up. It’s terrifying! He’s going to remember seeing Supergirl, but I think he has bigger fish to fry. He’s interested in Kara, but the idea of her being Supergirl I don’t think is even on his radar. He’s too busy trying to figure out the stuff he’s been working on for the past two and a half years, which is the Rojas family.

For convenience, and because it was asked in another thread, here is the schedule for the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover itself:

Supergirl: Sunday, Dec. 8 at 8 p.m.

Batwoman: Monday, Dec. 9 at 8 p.m.

The Flash: Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 8 p.m.

Arrow: Tuesday, Jan 14 at 8 p.m.

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: Tuesday, Jan 14. at 9 p.m.

As we have been doing, please contain all discussion to the dedicated thread in the Legends of Tomorrow forum.

• Love 1

Here is an opinion article on Supergirl's treatment of Alex this season. I agree with a lot of it. I like that Alex still goes out on the field and I don't want her to stand around the DEO while the action happens elsewhere but she hasn't really been given an interesting story as a director of the DEO. Though I think another problem is that the one thing she has going on that kinda resembles an arc (her romance with Kelly) isn't really working.

Edited by Oreo2234
On 11/14/2019 at 5:21 AM, MarkHB said:

For convenience, and because it was asked in another thread, here is the schedule for the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover itself:

Supergirl: Sunday, Dec. 8 at 8 p.m.

Batwoman: Monday, Dec. 9 at 8 p.m.

The Flash: Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 8 p.m.

Arrow: Tuesday, Jan 14 at 8 p.m.

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: Tuesday, Jan 14. at 9 p.m.

As we have been doing, please contain all discussion to the dedicated thread in the Legends of Tomorrow forum.

If I had to pick one show in addition to Supergirl to watch, between Batwoman, The Flash, or Arrow, where I wouldn't be as lost on references to past episodes in those series, which one should it be?

17 minutes ago, nuraman00 said:

If I had to pick one show in addition to Supergirl to watch, between Batwoman, The Flash, or Arrow, where I wouldn't be as lost on references to past episodes in those series, which one should it be?

I would say Batwoman, just because it's part 2 of the story, and it only has 8 episodes behind it as opposed to multiple seasons. But really, Crisis is going to be one great big story which should have ramifications for Kara on the other side, so I recommend watching all of it ( the Kevin Smith aftershows are entirely optional).

• Love 1
17 hours ago, nuraman00 said:

17 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I would say Batwoman, just because it's part 2 of the story, and it only has 8 episodes behind it as opposed to multiple seasons. But really, Crisis is going to be one great big story which should have ramifications for Kara on the other side, so I recommend watching all of it ( the Kevin Smith aftershows are entirely optional).

Wouldn't Batwoman be the worst episode to watch? Almost none of her supporting characters are in the episode so it'll be full of characters from other shows interacting. Not to mention the addition of Smallville, a series that's not even in the Arrowverse. I'm iffy on whether or not Earth-38 will see any ramifications. They never have before. 

The Flash has been building towards this crossover since 2014, last year's crossover was part 1 and Arrow spent it's entire final season building to it. Crossovers are built on shared history and IMO its to Supergirl's detriment that they never reference the Arrowverse outside of crossovers. So I'm not sure if there is a show outside Supergirl that will make complete sense. But I honestly don't think you need to watch every season of every show to understand the crossover. It's basically Infinity War/Endgame - a bunch of heroes have some fight scenes, then go on a bunch of mini missions to take down a Big Bad and the guy that started the whole universe sacrifices his life (probably).

• Love 2

I'm thrilled the SG episode is the first one. It's the only series of the lot of them that I watch, so I have abandoned these crossovers long ago. In the past I have also skipped the SG episode as it made little sense to me, but as the first episode, hopefully I can at least follow along with that before jumping ship.

On 11/25/2019 at 10:53 PM, nuraman00 said:

I'm a bit confused by the question: Are you asking which show to go back and watch old episodes of so you won't be lost in the crossover? Or Which individual non-supergirl episode of the crossover to watch where you won't be as lost on references to previous events on that show?

If it's the first, I'd say that Arrow is most heavily building toward and laying groundwork for the crossover this season, the central 'god' figure in the crossover has been in several episodes and has Oliver and others doing tasks that are supposed to have some impact.

If you're asking the latter, then it's really then I don't know that there's a good option. In the past all the crossovers have been very heavily centered on the Flash/Arrow Earth, and even the Supergirl episodes of the crossovers have more heavily featured the Flash/Arrow supporting casts rather than the Supergirl ones.

If you're asking which show is easiest to catch up on this season of before the Xover, then it's Batwoman as it's in its first season, though it's probably going to be the show that has the absolute least ties to the crossover of all 4.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

If you're asking the latter, then it's really then I don't know that there's a good option. In the past all the crossovers have been very heavily centered on the Flash/Arrow Earth, and even the Supergirl episodes of the crossovers have more heavily featured the Flash/Arrow supporting casts rather than the Supergirl ones.

Yeah, I took the question as "if I only watch the Supergirl episode of the crossover plus one other, which one should that be?"  @nuraman00 if that's not what you meant, please tell me.

18 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

I'm a bit confused by the question: Are you asking which show to go back and watch old episodes of so you won't be lost in the crossover? Or Which individual non-supergirl episode of the crossover to watch where you won't be as lost on references to previous events on that show?

If it's the first, I'd say that Arrow is most heavily building toward and laying groundwork for the crossover this season, the central 'god' figure in the crossover has been in several episodes and has Oliver and others doing tasks that are supposed to have some impact.

If you're asking which show is easiest to catch up on this season of before the Xover, then it's Batwoman as it's in its first season, though it's probably going to be the show that has the absolute least ties to the crossover of all 4.

I meant the latter.  Which non-Supergirl episodes of the crossover should I watch, so I won't be as lost on references to previous episodes?

Last year was the first time I realized and watched all 4 episodes.  I felt The Flash was full of references to romantic relationships between characters that I didn't know much about.  To be fair, the episode did involve an unintentional body swap.

Arrow also had a few of those, but only when they first arrived to ARGUS.  There were some references to someone being an ex of someone.  But it wasn't as much as The Flash.

I'm hoping the crossover is more about characters from different shows fighting an enemy, and not as much about past events in those series.  But that's me, and where I'm coming from.

If you have Netflix, I would suggest looking up and watching the Crisis on Earth-X crossover from two years ago (at one time they had all the episodes together under that title).  Crisis on Infinite Earths should feel a lot more like that one than like Elseworlds, plus Alex sees some action.  And I stand my Batwoman recommendation if you're only going to watch one additional episode.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nuraman00 said:

I meant the latter.  Which non-Supergirl episodes of the crossover should I watch, so I won't be as lost on references to previous episodes?

Last year was the first time I realized and watched all 4 episodes.  I felt The Flash was full of references to romantic relationships between characters that I didn't know much about.  To be fair, the episode did involve an unintentional body swap.

Arrow also had a few of those, but only when they first arrived to ARGUS.  There were some references to someone being an ex of someone.  But it wasn't as much as The Flash.

I'm hoping the crossover is more about characters from different shows fighting an enemy, and not as much about past events in those series.  But that's me, and where I'm coming from.

Fair warning: since Arrow is ending in January, I think it's a fairly safe bet that the Arrow episode, at least, will be referring to past Arrow events, especially since so far this last season of Arrow has been more or less a homage to the first seven seasons. It will also sorta be Arrow's second-to-last episode (there's one more, but it's a backdoor pilot to another spinoff), so...again, past references are probably inevitable. 

But I don't think the other episodes will be as filled with past references - certainly not Batwoman since Batwoman doesn't really have any past references yet.

So, since Supergirl is starting things off, I think possibly your best bet is to watch that episode and see how invested you are in the Crisis story by the end of the episode? If you're enjoying the story, then you can watch Batwoman the next night, and so on.

Also, agreed with MarkHB - if you have Netflix, Crisis on Earth-X is probably a lot closer to what the CW is trying to do this time around, just with five shows instead of four. It was also the best or at least second best crossover the Arrowverse ever did. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Melissa Benoist opens up about domestic violence survival story 

God, I watched a little bit of her video but it's truly a heartbreaking situation.  

I just watched the whole video and holy fuck she went through a lot. It’s brave of her to speak out like this and I hope she helps others break the cycle of abuse. Her IG page has a little more with ways to reach out for help:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chas411 said:

Wow poor Melissa. She’s amazing for speaking out so openly. I know she didn’t name her partner but part of me is wondering if it’s her ex husband.

You should never assume, but based on the timing of these incidents and the details she’s mentioned it’s most likely her ex husband. 

• Love 3

I would say that given what she said it's likely to be her ex husband. And there goes me thinking it's a shame they got divorced because they had the best chemistry on Supergirl.

But whoever it is I'm glad she spoke up and showed whoever you are how easy it is to get into those sort of relationships where you ignore misgivings until it's too late. Especially when she said she's learned it's ok to say no even if it upsets the other person. Look me a long time to learn that one myself. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

You should never assume, but based on the timing of these incidents and the details she’s mentioned it’s most likely her ex husband. 

She also said that he is younger than she is, which her ex husband is.

The shocker to me is her performance on Jimmy Fallon attributing her injury to  clumsiness when it must have been him.

And that this was going on when he appeared on Supergirl as Kara's love interest.

• Love 4

'Lena Luthor is Not a Villain (at Least, Not Yet)'

Is Lena at a turning point in her life right now?

Oh, for sure. But I don’t think Lena realizes that’s where she is, and that’s kind of the crux of her character at the moment. She’s on this precipice, but I don’t think she realizes how dangerous the point she’s at is. I think everything she’s doing right now is a very pure reaction. She’s running on pure emotion in finding out that Kara’s Supergirl and that she’s been lied to. There isn’t a huge time difference between season four and season five, and Lena is running on pure hurt. She hasn’t got the ability right now to be self-aware of what it is she’s doing, and to see that she’s in such a dangerous position for herself.

I think it’s very interesting from a viewer and actor’s point of view in that we can understand it. It’s so dangerous and so tenuous where she is, but for Lena, she has no clue about it because she’s all hurt and emotion right now. I think that came to a head in the last episode because there’s no way you could have that outpouring of hurt if you still didn’t really care.

I like the current cast we have now better than the first season cast (Calista Flockhart being the exception). I just didn’t realize we’d had so much cast turnover until I saw this photo. Though I think The Flash is the only Arrowverse show that has kept most of its first season cast throughout the run of the show.

I miss Winn but do really like Brainy and think he's come into his own as a character. I wish M'Gann and Sam would have stuck around for more than one season. It's hard to get attached to new characters when they may not stick around - I like Staz Nair and wouldn't mind William staying around and helping anchor the stories at Catco, unless they've completely given up on the reporter aspect of things.

• Love 1

Newsarama did a spoilery interview with Chyler Leigh (Alex) about Crisis and season 5. 

Spoiler

I like that she recognizes Alex becoming too defined by other characters and that it sounds like we will see more kickass Alex scenes in the second half.

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 2

I think that is Mon-el and Maggie on the box. 

I think that one guy could be Winn instead of William but its hard to tell.  I wonder if everyone on the box will be appearing in the episode? You'd think we would have heard announcements about that by now. 

Edited by Oreo2234
22 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

I think that is Mon-el and Maggie on the box. 

I think that one guy could be Winn instead of William but its hard to tell.  I wonder if everyone on the box will be appearing in the episode? You'd think we would have heard announcements about that by now. 

Is James on there at all? Is he on the top left maybe, under the tag? I'd be pissed if they didn't include him.

42 minutes ago, Trini said:

Supergirl Cast Plays Who Said It: Kara Danvers or Disney Princess?

I loved how Nicole had her Disney princesses down COLD. She didn't just correctly identify them as Disney princess quotes, she knew where each one came from.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, angora said:

I loved how Nicole had her Disney princesses down COLD. She didn't just correctly identify them as Disney princess quotes, she knew where each one came from.

It seemed like she identified the Supergirl quotes by "not a Disney princess" 🙂

• Love 2
1 hour ago, angora said:

Is James on there at all? Is he on the top left maybe, under the tag? I'd be pissed if they didn't include him.

I assume he's up there on the upper left; if Mon-El is there, James better be!

Are the characters on the lunchbox characters from the entire run of the series, or characters who will be in the 100th? That's why I guessed William (in the 100th) not Winn (entire run), etc. It's entirely possible that Mon-El is in the 100th (yuck) so he's on the box but James isn't in the 100th so didn't make the cut.

On 1/12/2020 at 10:48 AM, shantown said:

Are the characters on the lunchbox characters from the entire run of the series, or characters who will be in the 100th? That's why I guessed William (in the 100th) not Winn (entire run), etc. It's entirely possible that Mon-El is in the 100th (yuck) so he's on the box but James isn't in the 100th so didn't make the cut.

I’m pretty sure lunchboxes created for Arrow’s and Flash’s 100th episodes had important characters from the run of the series, they weren’t necessarily in the 100th episode. But with Flash and Arrow just about everyone important to the show came back for the 100th. It doesn’t seem like that’s happening with Supergirl.

I’d think James, Mon-el and Winn would get priority over William who hasn’t even been there a full season. I know the top of the box is the heroes (the side in the picture). The bottom side should have the villains. But I can’t remember who is drawn on the sides. That might be where the season 5 characters are placed.

I also just saw that Superman and Lois was picked up: https://tvline.com/2020/01/14/superman-and-lois-series-order-cw/

Edited by BaggythePanther