Type keyword(s) to search

Super(girl) Media

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

Another interview with Cryer:

“My first question was, ‘Why Me?'” Cryer said. “They had to assure me that that would become clear when the script was written. … I was very excited about working with Katie McGrath, and I love the whole story that they’ve set up for the season. I felt like Lenny was a branch on the family tree that fell off pretty early and was rotting on the ground for a long while. I feel like this was my chance to reclaim it and do it a little more justice — or injustice, as it were.”

https://tvline.com/2019/03/16/supergirl-season-4-jon-cryer-interview-lex-luthor-casting-explained/

More quotes from Cryer and the producers on Lex Luthor:

“Lex is a sociopath,” Cryer says, not mincing words. “He’s an actual sociopath, but he does have a link he can’t break with Lena. Also, to some degree, he gets that she’s got an incredible gift as an intellect and as a scientist. So, his narcissism kicks in and he can find that to love about her. He understands that she’s a formidable person, and I do think his really twisted family history does come into play.”

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/03/15/lex-appeal-supergirls-take-on-the-character-is-the-most-shocking-yet

Interview with Katie McGrath about recent events on Supergirl, plus some teases:

“I missed working with Melissa [Benoist] and Chyler [Leigh],” Katie McGrath tells TVLine. “I missed the power you feel from having these very strong — yet slightly opposing — women coming together, putting everything aside to solve the problem at hand. They’ve all got very different strengths and skills, and it’s been a while since you’ve seen them all working together.”

Of course, the complicated (and ever-changing) relationships between the three characters made their scenes together “a bit confusing,” McGrath admits. “It’s like, ‘I know Kara is Supergirl, but Lena doesn’t know that. And now poor Chyler, on top of everything, has to add in, ‘Oh, I’ve lost my memory, so I also don’t know she is.’ All three of us just stood around trying to figure everything out.”

But McGrath isn’t complaining. In fact, she finds it “gratifying” that Alex has temporarily had her memory swiped. “I always get asked, ‘Lena’s so smart. How does she not know Kara is Supergirl?’ So now I get to say, ‘Look, if her sister can’t tell the difference, I think you should let up on poor Lena.'”

• LOL 1
(edited)

DVD and Blu-ray press release for Season 4:

Just in time for the fifth season premiere on The CW, catch up with one of TV’s favorite DC Super Heroes as Warner Bros. Home Entertainment brings you Supergirl: The Complete Fourth Season on Blu-ray and DVD on September 17, 2019. Fans can purchase the sets which, in addition to all 22 super-powered episodes from season four, also contain the DC Crossover featurette, the show’s 2018 Comic-Con panel, deleted scenes and a gag reel! All three DC Crossover: Elseworlds episodes will also be available only for fans who purchase the Blu-ray set. Supergirl: The Complete Fourth Season is priced to own at $39.99 SRP for the DVD ($51.99 in Canada) and $44.98 SRP for the Blu-ray ($52.99 in Canada), which includes a Digital Copy (Available in the U.S.). Supergirl: The Complete Fourth Season is also available to own on Digital via purchase from digital retailers.

BLU-RAY & DVD FEATURES

The Best of DC TV’s Comic-Con Panel San Diego 2018

Inside the Crossover: Elseworlds

Villains: Modes of Persuasion

Gag Reel

Deleted Scenes

Edited by Trini

You can now vote in the Second Round of the 2019 Primetimer Awards - voting in this round ends on June 21 (then winners/runoff vote will be announced on June 24)

Category: How Stuff (Doesn’t) Work: Most Unbelievable or Impossible “Scientific” Explanation
Nominee: Supergirl/Elseworlds: The Flash and Supergirl slow down time by running around the Earth in opposite directions

Other Arrowverse Nominees:

It'll be interesting to see if the promo for the show stays darker (even just in terms of color palette) to match BW. SG has been one of the lighter shows (in terms of color and tone) of the Arrowverse so it'll be an interesting matchup between the two!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

shantown, I was just about to say it's funny that they had to make National City so cloudy to make the Supergirl picture go with the Batwoman picture.  Like you said, it's always been a lighter show in both tone and color, and framing the promo like the two are a matched set kind of makes Kara feel like a kitten trying to be edgy.

Unless the dark skies are some sort of Crisis precursor?  If that's the case, I'll allow it.

• LOL 1

So Supergirl gets to be on this twice (with her animated version) and with prominent placement, but this is still a bad cover --

TV Guide Comic Con special:

powerhouse-wb-women-tvgm-2019-cover-hr-1

From Supergirl and Batwoman to Thunder, Lightning, White Canary, Josie McCoy, Starfire, Veronica Mars and beyond, Warner Bros. Television Group and TV Guide Magazine (TVGM) are celebrating more than 100 incredible women who star in the Studio’s Comic-Con–related series on a special “Powerhouse” cover of the magazine’s annual Warner Bros.–themed SDCC special issue. ...

Fans can drop by the DC Warner Bros. booth (#4545 on the convention floor) to pick up their free copy of the TV Guide Magazine special issue during Comic-Con, beginning on Preview Night, Wednesday, July 17, and continuing through Sunday, July 21.

All four covers will be on sale at newsstand mainline from July 16–October 14, 2019. The special issue can also be purchased online via TVGuideMagazine.com/comiccon, BN.com and/or Amazon.com, and will be available digitally on Barnes & Noble’s NOOK, Amazon’s Kindle Fire, Zinio, Google and Magzter.

A season-ending EW article on Nicole Maines and Nia.

“I love Twitter, not just for comedy reasons, but because I’m able to interact with people directly,” she says. “I’m able to see exactly how Dreamer has affected younger trans kids in rural areas who really didn’t have anyone before. One of my favorite parts is just [being] able to interact with folks on social media in a very, very dark time and getting to share that kind of positivity.”

The writers never really had a handle on the character. In retrospect they probably would have done him a favor if they let him go in season 2. I'm sure there are better things ahead for Mehcad. 

(edited)

I hope Mechad sees bigger and better things. The writers really did the character and actor a disservice. He was screwed when the show moved to the CW and the show runners decided to break him and Kara up out of the blue with little explanation and he was pretty much sidelined for the most part after that. I guess his racist haters in the fanbase will be happy. This reminds me of Dolls leaving Wynonna Earp. Another black male character that was underdeveloped. 

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 2