Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: The Locomotion Interruption

Might be fun if they got Dule Hill to play the person who trains Penny, since his "Psych" character was a pharma rep.

I don't usually comment on hair etc., and I think Penny's short cut looks good, but I'm baffled by the "blond in front, brown in back" look.  Does Penny/Kaley think nobody can see the back of her head?  I have seen this color dichotomy on other people and it looks odd to me.

Seeing Sheldon vulnerable, half-naked, scared, upset and begging for help was not funny to me. Not at all. It was disturbing

Sheldon's such a d-bag, I enjoy it when he's scared and upset, and I keep hoping he'll get some comeuppance, but he never does. The only I found disturbing was the "half-naked" part. Nobody needs to see that.

• Love 1

There's a difference between someone getting their comeuppance, and someone being humiliated and violated on a deeply personal and vulnerable level. I enjoyed Howard showing up Sheldon when it came to intelligence, and I'd love to see more of that kind of thing. But seeing something like this was not funny to me, and I wish it weren't played by the showrunners and writers as if it is or should be.

• Love 3
I don't usually comment on hair etc., and I think Penny's short cut looks good, but I'm baffled by the "blond in front, brown in back" look.  Does Penny/Kaley think nobody can see the back of her head?  I have seen this color dichotomy on other people and it looks odd to me.

It's a style. On longer hair it's called "ombre" - not sure if that's what it's called on short hair. (My sister's a colorist.)  Some people take it to extremes, but I like it on Penny.

• Love 1

Ombre is when the hair gets gradually lighter from roots to ends. What Kaley seems to have going on is that the top layer of hair is dyed/bleached and the rest is not. IIRC this style enjoyed a brief popularity 10 or so years ago, but perhaps it's making a comeback.

• Love 1

I am not a fan of short hair, probably because I was forced to have an awful pixie cut as a child.

Are you my sister? My mother traumatized us with short pixies all the while we were growing up.  In defiance I have long red curls in my sixties.  But I digress...

While I really LOVE Amy and how Mayim plays her I think it is time for Amy and Sheldon to break up. She is beyond ready to enter into  physical relationship and Sheldon is still stuck in sleeping with his stuffed animals.  I'm sure she can find someone in her lab to partner up with.  Maybe then, after he loses her Sheldon may realize what a terrific woman he has lost.  She deserves so much better that what she has now.  I would hate to see her leave the show, but I hate to see her accept Sheldon's crap

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 4

I must not be remembering the last couple episodes of last season well. I thought Penny wasn't going to give up on acting, but now she's trying to get a non-acting job? I mean, it's a better pay-the-bills-between-gigs job than waitressing as far as money goes (perhaps not for schedule flexibility, but I have no idea). I'm confused.

I also imagine him safer then when he moved to Montana because with his love of trains I picture him just staying on the train, enjoying the ride and thinking...he probabaly wouldn't even think it worthwhile to get off at the stops and see the sights.

Sheldon isn't going anywhere. I predict that when the shows resumes we will find that Sheldon has sat/slept /basically lived in the train station the entire hiatus.

Holy crap! You two are psychic!!!