Type keyword(s) to search

Fables

Fukui San
  • Start Topic

I recently picked up the "Unwritten Fables" crossover as I am following The Unwritten via trades and dropped off of Fables as the Mister Dark storyline was starting up. I'm just wondering at the implications of the events of this storyline.  Please assume that we'll discuss events in this trade paperback and leading up to this trade in case you are spoiler averse.

I understand that Fables is ending at issue #150 early next year.  Yet the trade makes it seems like a giant reset button was hit.  So maybe instead they'll have a series of codas to put the series to bed?

I'm interested in hearing whether people who've stuck with Fables think the second half of the series was good.  I lost interest in the Mister Dark stuff.  I can't believe that storyline is still fueling the series. I peeked back in for the Great Fables Crossover which I hated.  I also read the superhero arc which was OK. Obviously I missed a lot of plot seeing Snow White and the cubs corrupted and the Fabels and Haven decimated.  Do people think it's worth catching up on?  I'm kind of inclined to let it go.

It's a year and a half on so I guess you've made your decision but personally I thought the later "Fables" stories were very disappointing.  The Mister Dark was a bit on the nose but more or less held things together but afterwards, the stories just seemed increasingly aimless and dull.  A shame because I really liked the first hundred issues or so.

• Love 1