Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Jill Says Yes To The Dress

Michelle reading that letter dabbing at non-existent tears reminded me of Susan Smith trying to convince me she didn't know her sons were at the bottom of a lake.

Also, how did JD feel knowing he was the only one in that truck who was nowhere near getting laid.

So much "word" to the Susan Smith crocodile tears comparison. I think Michelle loves her kids... the same way Scarlett O'Hara loved Mammy and the same way Carol Brady loved Alice. Michelle must be shutting bricks with the realization that she's going to have to carry the responsibility of mothering all her littles and middles on her own very soon. I wouldn't doubt it if she has moments of pure anxiety when the lights go out at night.

Didn't Michelle say something in her letter like she prays Jill never does "evil" to Derick? WTH, that was strange.

Yeah...what in the Sam Help was that about? I'm so sick of the fear factor carp this family employs.

Does it bother anyone else that Michelle is managing to make all of this about Michelle. It's never "Jill's getting married and I know she's fantastic and will be great." or "I'm having fun watching my girls experience this season." It is ALWAYS, "I am going to miss her...", "I have never planned a wedding for a daughter.", I want grandbabies!"

Modesty isn't just a fashion choice, Michelle.

Joy's letter to Jill was heartbreaking. Jill is her mother. Face it. Joy was around seven when this dog and pony show took off and Michelle started getting attention for breeding. Michelle had already handed her off to Jill by the time the cameras turned on. Joy is probably scared to death that, if Jana and Jinger leave soon, she will be the only responsible person left in the nursery with all the littles. Joy drew the short straw, for sure.

Edited by wanderwoman
  • Love 7

Poor Ben - who doesn't know how to make S'mores by the time they are 19? Especially if you live in a rural area?

Seriously. I went to a cookout a few weeks back where a group of 8-10 year olds were making S'mores by the fire pit. It's not all that complicated. Stick marshmallow in fire. Assemble the S'more. Enjoy.

ETA: When they were showing the throwback pics of the J'Slaves I was a little surprised. They looked nothing like the current crop of younger Duggar girls do now. It's like the older girls have one particular "look" and the Littles have another. And quite frankly, the Littles are much prettier.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 1

Yeah, my 5 year old daughter and nephew can make smores....and we live in the city and go camping maybe twice a year.  It's not that hard.

My brother shouted out "holy shit, Michelle is holding the baby!" during the dress scene and I laughed really loudly.  How sad is it that a grandma holding her grandchild is a big OMG moment.  Her lack of affection with her kids and grandkids is so odd.

I got so worked up about Joy's tears that I forgot to mention some of the other stuff that happened in this episode.  Although, I have to say bravo to TLC for panning to Michelle when Jill mentioned that she took care of Joy her whole life.

I loved the little table that Anna had set up for the kids at their brunch.  Michael was wearing the cutest little shirt and they looked so precious in that little corner!  I also liked how surprised Anna was about being a bridesmaid.  I've heard whisperings about her not being as close to the Duggar girls as they want us to believe, so I thought that was a genuine moment of surprise (especially when she tried to reassure Jill that she didn't need to be in it).

Jana is so over the dog and pony show.  All of her interactions seem forced and she looks like she'd rather be anywhere else.  She uses as few words as possible to get her thoughts out.  I can't say I blame her!

I was ready to tear my hair out during the camping scenes.  Did they really need to mention Jill and Jessa before every dangerous activity?  And of course, Jim Bob had to one-up them with saying he was actually married and had 19 kids.  I hate hanging out with attached people for that reason.  I wanted to free John David. 

• Love 6

What was the purpose of the guys going camping? Was it another one of those "tests" that they seem so fond of subjecting Ben and Derick to? If so, it's completely ridiculous and unnecessary. Also, if I had to go camping with JimBob and John David I think I'd probably hightail it further into the woods with my gear and try to lose them.

• Love 1

Shugardrawers, it's obvious that JimBoob is not about to let his married daughters go. He gave Jill and Derick a house to live in, and he moved Bin onto the compound and put him to work. Chances are excellent Bin and Jessa will be living in the old Smuggar/Anna digs. Remember that JimBoob decides who his daughters can court and marry. He's a total control freak. In the real word, people marry and establish their own families. In Duggar world, daughters marry but remain tethered to their father. JimBoob takes the old adage about not losing a daughter, rather gaining a son literally.

• Love 3

Yeah Michelle, you really miss your grandbabies. At the salon, Anna had Marcus on her lap & he grabbed at Michelle's hair (he probably hadn't seen or felt anything like it). Michelle kind of swatted his hand away barely looking/acknowledging him. Normal people would have jiggled his hand, making him smile or laugh. Then he was standing holding onto Michelle's legs & she ignored him again focusing straight ahead on Jill (AS MOTHER OF THE BRIDE). She couldn't take a second to acknowledge him. It wasn't like he was fussing. He had a more curious look on his face like who the hell are you? I guess he endured because at the end he was on her lap. She even made comment that "Marcus likes it too" when Jill decided on her dress. But you could tell she wasn't into him being there - there was no interaction with him at all. She ignored all the kids at the brunch too. Marcus is the one she should be talking her baby talk to. She is a grandmother only by name.

• Love 6

JB and JD actually acted better to Ben and Derick than I expected. Maybe it's because Ben and Derick did fine with the whole trip, so there was nothing to mock. They both did seem a bit irritated -- rightfully so -- and Derick said at one point it was like pre-marriage bootcamp and they both said they were being tested/watched. I'm honestly glad that JD was the butt of his father's jokes for once. I say that as a single person who hates being talked about for being single, but honestly the whole 'we Duggars are better than the rest of the world' attitude is annoying to watch. While I agree with you that JD is no prize and has that -- I sit in the basement playing video games and eating Doritos for hours on end -- vibe, there are fundie dads out there who are salivating at the prospect of submitting their daughter's application to JB in hopes that they can marry into Duggar royalty. After all isn't that what Anna's dad saw in Josh? I will say Josh was better looking when he married than JD is, but not by the whole lot and I think Josh's attitude was about the same as JD's. JD seems like he has nothing going for him, so now he can sit home and take pleasure in being the oldest brother in town who can push his brothers in law around.

What's up with Ben's beard? I realize facial hair is in right now, but he needs to trim that thing and make it more like a shadow than a full beard. And it seems like he's doing it to copy Derick.

I feel bad for Ben in this whole situation -- as much as I don't necessarily like him. He's having to continuously "prove" himself to the Duggars in ways that no one should. He said he was scared of heights and yet still had to climb and jump off the cliff. He honestly doesn't seem like an outdoorsy or a manual labor kind of guy, and I'm convinced he's a bit of a germophobe. He said he used to be a germophobe when he was younger (when he was made to clean toilets) and this time he said he wanted to stick the metal fork in the fire to sanitize it before using it for his food. Nothing wrong with any of that -- maybe he is more meant to work in an office, rather than out on the property; maybe he's supposed to be vacationing at the beach rather than camping. If these are someone's natural preferences, I don't see why it's so important to change them to fit the Duggars' life. And if he is a germophobe, I'd advice him not to look around the Duggars' home so hard as he may be grossed out by people walking on counters where his food is being prepped.

• Love 5

I'm hoping when Derick got to the Duggar house as Jim Bob was just telling his Mom she was watching all the little kids for a couple of days was a reenactment.   Derick did not even acknowledge Grandma.  She was standing right behind Jim Bob and Derick didn't as much give her a look, not to mention a hand shake or a hug or a greeting.  Just seems weird that he wouldn't honor her by saying hello and/or giving her a nice side hug. 

Josh was better looking than John David when Josh got married, because he was allowed to court younger.  Josh was 20. By the time he was 24, he was struggling with his weight as much as John David is now. Look at Josh when Michael was born. Look at all the moments this season focused on Josh needing to manage his weight. It's only because he and Anna work really hard to be healthier that Josh is losing weight and not as heavy as could be now. It seems to me a combination of hereditary and bad diet, not to mention lack of anything to do. The other younger brothers look out, because it may be your future too! I think Jim Bob controls his sons as much as his daughters. Free everybody!

Edited by Temperance

In a weird way I'm happy that JD isn't allowing his father to push him into marriage. Maybe he sees how Bin and Jessa are a trainwreck waiting to happen and doesn't want to make the same mistake by rushing into something too quickly. Plus I think men in their circles have it a lot easier because they don't carry the same "expiration date" as the women. I don't think there's as much pressure on him as there would be for Jana.

I believe JD lives alone now, so for all we know he's hosting all-night poker games complete with kegs and strippers. 

Wow! Frontal hugs at the dress shop!

It was also nice to hear J'chelle say that Jessa would be a beautiful bride. I think it may have been an FU Internet moment, but it was still nice to hear her say something nice.

I couldn't help feeling a little sad that Amy and her mom weren't included in any of the wedding festivities, at least for this show.  I'm confused by Michelle's saying, "I bless you" to Jill....... doesn't God confer the blessings?  did she mean to say "I give you my blessing" ??? ...maybe it's some sort of regional saying?

I'm hoping when Derick got to the Duggar house as Jim Bob was just telling his Mom she was watching all the little kids for a couple of days was a reenactment.   Derick did not even acknowledge Grandma.  She was standing right behind Jim Bob and Derick didn't as much give her a look, not to mention a hand shake or a hug or a greeting.  Just seems weird that he wouldn't honor her by saying hello and/or giving her a nice side hug.

Maybe because the whole entrance was staged and he had already greeted her. No one thought to direct him to . do it again.
  • Love 2

Who was watching Mac and Michael? Anna only had Marcus at the wedding dress shop.

Who the hell brings a baby to a bridal shop??  I assume Josh didn't want to stay home and deal with Marcus and made Anna bring him while he stayed home with Mac and Michael.  He's a  jerk.

Didn't John Doofus also go to ALERT?  Wouldn't they have done some rapelling there, so he should have felt comfortable doing that jump.  His wimp-out performance (not to mention his below-average looks and austistic-spectrum personality) will be driving away the potential brides.

As Jim Boob said, applications are being accepted, send them to him!

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 2

Before TWOP closed its doors, people used to say that Anna really, really wants to be Michelle. I never quite got it until this episode, when Jill came out in one of the dresses (the second one, I think) and Michelle started to squeal how good she looked, and a split second later Anna did the same, in the exact same tone. 

The boys' outdoor adventure looked freaking awesome. They could've taken a few of the other boys, too, though. Poor Grandma.

• Love 1

MEchelle was quite strange telling Jill to serve her man?? Not once did she say "Thank you JIll for all the years you gave alway from your youth to raise your brothers and sisters."

Not paying any attention to her grandchild not the first time.

I did mention the lack of Amy being invited to become a bride's maid a huge slap in the face to her and her mother. 

Poor Jana was surprised when she was asked to be the maid of honor. Jessa looked weird and jealous when Jill asked as though she should have been the first one at the alter. Sorry Jessa you'll have your big moment when they film My Big Fat Duggar Divorce. You'll be the star Jessa and then MEchelle can steal your spotlight by saying "But Bin was such a nice boy you didn't serve him enough."

JD is just a dud. I think we all dislike him because he has MEchelle's bland personality.

• Love 2

I liked how the other guys had rolling and carry suitcases and Derick brought a backpack, which is what you are expected to bring if you are going camping and hiking.  Derick is so far ahead of these Duggars and Bin, and I think he knows it.  When Derick came to the door, not only did JB shake his hand but he also gave Derick a frontal hug, which seemed to surprise Derick.  JB loves Derick.

• Love 7
Josiah's been at ALERT programming camp pretty much all year, with a couple of 2-week breaks in between "tours." I think they let him out for Jill's wedding, but I know he spent his 18th birthday there. Poor guy. Talk about forgotten...

Is Joseph still there as well? I actually DID forget about him, until you mentioned ALERT. I can't remember if I've seen him this season....

I can't gauge Jana's lukewarm reaction to Jill's request. My guess is it was a re-enactment. If Jill was at the point where she was shopping for her wedding dress, the bridesmaids would have already been selected, not like there was any question as to who was going to be in the wedding party.

I think it's likely a re-enactment as well. But I also think the Duggar children are trained not to show a lot of emotion. That's why Joy Anna breaking down into tears surprised me. It's fine to "keep it sweet" and act happy about things, but have we ever seen these girls jump for joy or get really excited? I can't recall. They just all seem so fake and forced half the time, like little Stepford kids. And we know damn well what happens if they show too much sadness (*cough*Josiah*cough*). 

• Love 3

It was so telling (that Jill is her real "mom") when Joy broke down in tears and just couldn't read what she wrote.  Instead of MEchelle comforting her, Jill came over and had to explain to the group that Joy was Jill's live baby doll who she took care of and slept in her bed since she was very little.  I'm hoping that Jill has a special bedroom set up in her new home just for Joy to use when she wants to come over and spend time.

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 4

Who the hell brings a baby to a bridal shop??  I assume Josh didn't want to stay home and deal with Marcus and made Anna bring him while he stayed home with Mac and Michael.  He's a  jerk.

As Jim Boob said, applications are being accepted, send them to him!

I was assuming Anna brought him in case he needed to nurse. I also figured that's why she wore that huge scarf...it could be used as a cover-up. I could be wrong. But if I'm right, I'm glad she didn't drag a My Breast Friend into the shop to say: LOOK AT ME! I NURSE!! I nursed my son and am all for breastfeeding, but never felt the need to announce to the world that my baby was eating.

• Love 1

I feel bad for Ben in this whole situation -- as much as I don't necessarily like him. He's having to continuously "prove" himself to the Duggars in ways that no one should. He said he was scared of heights and yet still had to climb and jump off the cliff. He honestly doesn't seem like an outdoorsy or a manual labor kind of guy, and I'm convinced he's a bit of a germophobe. He said he used to be a germophobe when he was younger (when he was made to clean toilets) and this time he said he wanted to stick the metal fork in the fire to sanitize it before using it for his food. Nothing wrong with any of that -- maybe he is more meant to work in an office, rather than out on the property; maybe he's supposed to be vacationing at the beach rather than camping. If these are someone's natural preferences, I don't see why it's so important to change them to fit the Duggars' life. And if he is a germophobe, I'd advice him not to look around the Duggars' home so hard as he may be grossed out by people walking on counters where his food is being prepped.

I can identify and empathize with Ben on this point. I am not an outdoorsy person at all. My idea of "roughing it" is sharing a hotel room with three people and having to share a bathroom. I prefer indoor activities like museums, musical performances, and movies rather than hiking, rappelling, or camping. I enjoy communing with nature when I'm safely protected from the bugs on my screened in porch or on my daily walks in the arboretum near my home. I know and am totally at peace with the fact that should a zombie apocalypse fall upon us I will likely be one of the first to snuff it because I spent all my time learning how to sauté stunning! mushrooms from Gordon Ramsey rather than learning how to identify the non-poisonous ones in the wild. 

If Ben is a germaphobe maybe we should send him a few of those industrial sized hand sanitizers. I keep them scattered around the home and work (regular size, not humongous) in hopes that people too lazy to wash their hands with soap and water will at least consider it rather than not washing their hands at all. Ben could do the same with his new in-laws. 

• Love 3

Jill should wear Dorothy Zbornak's toilet paper roll wedding dress from the Golden Girls finale. It was very modest. Watch out for a limo driver named Stan though.

WTF is up with the men's haircuts on this show? Jim Bob's hair looked like Wesley Snipes' in Demolition Man. The sideburns looked like they were sawed off with a chainsaw, but the cut was way above the ears and there was all this bald space. Ben looked like he'd borrowed Stan Zbornak's toupee for his TH segments and JD looked like some 1981 GOP poster boy. Derick was the only one who looked like he had a decent haircut in the last decade. I wonder if Derick felt like he had to dumb himself down to hang with this group.

I also felt bad for Jessa when she said her mom hasn't had a kid in a while and she and Jill will likely be the next grandchildren producers. It finally dawned on me that having babies is all these girls were born for. That's so incredibly sad. I grew up wanting to be Sally Ride and Dominique Dawes and told that girls could be anything they wanted to be. I'm so thankful for that.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 3

Poor Ben. Yes, he's dumb, but he's basically a kid who's toeing the line simply because he's thinking with the head in his trousers. His goal is to get inside Jessa's jean skirt, and if he has to scrub toilets and jump off a cliff to get there, so be it. But I'm convinced there will come a day -- maybe five years and four babies down the road -- when he wakes up and says, "You know -- I'm not quite sure about this anymore." And while I don't think divorce will be an option for any of them, I can see Ben cutting ties with Boob and the gravy train.

I'm thinking Bin was brought to the compound to work, and JImBoob is compensating him, I assume.  Again they said something to the effect of Bin moving onto the compound which will help Bin and Jessa speed up the courting process.  I'm wondering if by "speeding up" he means that Bin doesn't have enough money (or skills for a decent job) to buy a proper engagement ring and that's why JimBoob "hired" him.

It was so telling (that Jill is her real "mom") when Joy broke down in tears and just couldn't read what she wrote.  Instead of MEchelle comforting her, Jill came over and had to explain to the group that Joy was Jill's live baby doll who she took care of and slept in her bed since she was very little.

I also thought Jill looked uncomfortable as she was comforting Joy. My take was that the letter contained things that would cause problems for both of them if read out loud, such as, "You've been more like my mom than my mom has ever been." And seriously, I love Jana, but what's with her difficulty expressing herself? Her letter was all about, "Your gentle spirit is such a blessing." Can't she do better?

And I'm with the poster upthread who questioned why Michelle's letter mentioned something about hoping Jill "does good and never does evil" to Derick. Is that some scriptural reference, maybe?

Just looked it up. Proverbs 31:12, King James Bible:

"She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life."

As if Jill could ever be evil. What a stupid passage for a mother to choose.

• Love 4
I also thought Jill looked uncomfortable as she was comforting Joy. My take was that the letter contained things that would cause problems for both of them if read out loud, such as, "You've been more like my mom than my mom has ever been." And seriously, I love Jana, but what's with her difficulty expressing herself? Her letter was all about, "Your gentle spirit is such a blessing." Can't she do better?

I agree.  I also noticed this during Erin Bates' scenes with her sister Tori who was crying a lot leading up to the wedding.  I actually think that in Erin's case she was just so happy that she had a hard time feeling empathy for her sister in that moment.  She was at the top of the world.  I saw that, as you say, Jill's reaction was more uncomfortable.  I don't think they are used to sharing as much emotion with each other as the Bates girls are.  I think they are so used to praying away any emotion deemed negative, and putting on a happy countenance, that they don't know how to act when someone in their family cries for them. Plus, I think she was just thrilled to be looking for her wedding dress.

Charmed1 - love your descriptions of the guy's hair.

I felt sorry for the outdoor guide because Boob had to make a comment after everything he said. I'm sure it threw the guy off. Especially since the guy was explaining how to do everything FOR THEIR SAFETY. Even though I'm not a Ben fan, I like how he went first to get it over with. When Derick said he would have to catch Boob if he fell to show he could take care of a family, all I was thinking if that was me, I would just say OOps & let Boob roll past me.

I too think at least Grandma (& even Deanna & Amy too) should have been included in the dress shopping. I know this is one of my biggest pet peeves with Michelle but why couldn't she dress up a little for the dress shop? I know why but geez she could have put on a black skirt instead of that long denim tent. When they took Jill to jazz her up, I almost screamed "take Michelle too & see what you can do with that mop".

And Michele's speech, I agree w/poster that said she didn't write it or even look at it ahead of time. I could barely follow what she was saying because she was stopping at the wrong places. I like that even though Michelle had her fake tears, Jill sat there & smiled & showed her true feelings with Joy. Jill said she picked her sisters as her bridesmaids because they are her best friends, which is fine. Just a shame she doesn't have any real girlfriends. IIRC the Bates' girls had friends & not all sisters in their bridal parties.

I read on another blog that there is a Kids Farm video on You tube spoofing the wedding dress shopping. Just watched it-its great. (Sorry haven't figured out how to link yet)

• Love 3

Joy really is going to be "Joyless Anna" once Jill leaves the compound.

Michelle claims that her boobs make skim milk. Do her eyes make skim tears? Because there doesn't seem to be much substance to them.

Ben acts like such a Spicoli sometimes.

• Love 4
Ben acts like such a Spicoli sometimes

oh my, yes! Whenever he speaks, I find myself with a furrowing brow wondering what he's trying to express. In case you're wondering, it all ends up with "I love Jessa."  Jessa is going to run all over that boy.  I can't believe this kid is going to take on a family! He seems like he would make one bad decision after another.  His dad should have kept him home and in school.  He's hasn't grown up yet, and laying in bed with Jessa on his honeymoon night is not going to change that.

• Love 2

"Clean, hot, poker" ~ Oh Ben ..... Speaking of Ben, he looks like he's on the wrong show. He should be on Breaking Amish.

Anyone notice that TLC has dropped the " and counting" from the hashtag? Haha!

I had not noticed. I sometimes read it as 19 Kids and Courting.

Edited by kellylovessnark

Poor Ben. Yes, he's dumb, but he's basically a kid who's toeing the line simply because he's thinking with the head in his trousers. His goal is to get inside Jessa's jean skirt, and if he has to scrub toilets and jump off a cliff to get there, so be it. But I'm convinced there will come a day -- maybe five years and four babies down the road -- when he wakes up and says, "You know -- I'm not quite sure about this anymore." And while I don't think divorce will be an option for any of them, I can see Ben cutting ties with Boob and the gravy train.

Oh I think he is so freaking young and stupid right now that in a few years, it is very likely that he will say fuck it and they might divorce.  Also, I do not see him as a type to want a lot of kids.  I can't see him being able to put up with more than two or three.

• Love 1

What's sad is that Ben really was doing something that he might be good at -- sales.  If he'd been able to continue at community college to get an associate's degree and gain some business skills, and then apprentice under a business such as insurance, or (gasp! oh the irony!) a car dealership, or real estate, etc. I think he would do decently well.  He's good looking, he's polite and he obviously wants to make Jessa happy, and making a woman happy is one of the big reasons a young man will be ambitious.  (No, that's not the liberal party line, but I'm saying it anyway.)  Jessa, in her turn, could go to beauty school and have a hair salon in her home.  They would never be rich, but they'd have a fine life together and probably be pretty happy.

But no, they have to make him into something he's not.  Again, the irony is is that these two really ARE a lot like Michelle and Jim Bob at 17 and 18.  They are seriously attracted to each other and desperately want to "get married" and I think they both would be willing to work for each other in ways they aren't willing to do if it's just for themselves.  They'd like to have a couple of kids together.  They want to be a family.  

And somehow, in Duggarland, that's all wrong. 

• Love 1

MEchelle and the denim skirt- she definitely could have worn something a bit more appropriate.  I know a lot of mothers dress frumpy when they have to run after small kids and babies all day- but honestly, she has no excuse. 

The I want grand babies, I want grand babies, I want grand babies- and there was one right there the whole time and she held him once. 

Did anyone else notice that Jill seems to give frontal hugs more than the rest?  I hate those stupid side hugs. 

I didn't feel sorry for JD when Boob was picking on him about a woman.  He's done more than his share of being a prick.  I personally can't think of a woman that would find him attractive in any way.  He's stupid and not easy on the eyes and he is a freaking WUSS!  That was the stupidest thing I've ever seen!  (Not jumping) What a pansy.  

I got really sick of them all acting like they were risking their lives.  Do they not realize that that crap is safe- they take every safety precaution and people don't just die from ziplining and rock climbing at those places - or they would be out of business.

I didn't like that when Jill tried on the dress she picked out that she wore that stupid tshirt under it.  I wasn't even fond of the dress.  The veil was nice but that's about it.  

MEchelle and that stupid thing that she read!  OMG  Someone definitely wrote it for her- probably Boob.  She couldn't figure how to even read it.  She should have practiced to make perfect!

Boob kept trying to get the spotlight on the ride to the camping trip - "MEchelle and I are coming up on our 30 year anniversary"!  WHO CARES???

Edited by truthtalk2014

The modesty thing -- argh. My daughter is getting married in May, and we found her dress last week. She, like her mother, is a card-carrying Democrat who's pro-all kinds of things that would make the Duggars' heads spin, and she wasn't in the market for a modest dress; no, she didn't want to look like a ho on her wedding day, but she didn't set out in search of something especially modest. And yet she found just that -- a lovely dress with a lace overlay, cap sleeves, and neckline that hits at her collarbones, vintage-y and just perfect for her morning wedding in a small-town gazebo. It would have met Jill's needs nicely, and we found it after shopping only for a few hours in the Midwest. 

Such fakery, Duggars. 

• Love 5
I didn't feel sorry for JD when Boob was picking on him about a woman.  He's done more than his share of being a prick.  I personally can't think of a woman that would find him attractive in any way.  He's stupid and not easy on the eyes and he is a freaking WUSS!  That was the stupidest thing I've ever seen!  What a pansy.  

JD said he didn't do the cliff jump because he didn't have anything to prove, yeah right.  I think Boob is a little of a wuss himself but, at least he did it to prove to himself that he could.

• Love 3

I don't see a problem at all in not taking Amy and her mother dress shopping.  We have never even considered dragging aunts and cousins with us.  We don't want their opinions and would just find them to be extra people who would make the process more cumbersome.  Really, would the Duggars want Amy's input?  We didn't take grandmas either.  I think mother and sisters is very normal and what we usually have seen with other brides sometimes with a friend or two joining in. 

• Love 4

We didn't take grandmas either.  I think mother and sisters is very normal and what we usually have seen with other brides sometimes with a friend or two joining in. 

They could never take grandma Duggar!  No way.  Who would stay home and watch the howlers and do laundry?

• Love 1

J'Chelle commenting that Marcus liked one of the dresses was the most interaction she's had with him. She gushes about how much she misses her grandbabies, but when she's around them, she doesn't give the time of day. Marcus is over a year old now, J'Chelle doesn't care about him.

They gush so much about the wedding, but Baby DIll Pickle will be born before TLC gets around to showing it. So much filler this season.