Type keyword(s) to search

Don't You Have Any Happy Stories : Your Favorite Things About Arrow

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really tiny, but Felicity tells us that Harrison Wells is concealing the true nature of various STAR Labs research. It's then immediately covered up by a throwaway thing about "well, of course, he doesn't want the competition finding out about this...." and the show moves on.

I must say, though, Cisco, given that Felicity kept chatting with you in the last couple of episodes about the Mirakuru cure and whether or not you had any more, you really shouldn't have been surprised to learn that she's working with the Arrow. And Felicity, you shouldn't have jumped on Barry for his "She works with the Arrow!" comment since the Mirakuru thing was kind of a giveaway.

• Love 1

So I just finished up my rewatch of Season Two last night (what can I say? I'm slow), and I have to say, 2B holds up much better on a rewatch than it did in my first viewing/memory.  Admittedly, the dinner scene from hell remains a low point, and that entire episode does no one except for Diggle any favors, and I still wish the show had come up with a better motivation for Isabel than "Your daddy dumped me!" but otherwise, the show really vamps up from episode 18 on, with so many glorious, scenery chewing moments from Moira (sniffle), Slade, Malcolm, Blood, Felicity and Deadshot. 

Also Lyla casually taking out superpowered dudes with a bazooka from a helicopter which never gets old.

Also, there's a blink and you'll miss it moment when Arrow casually notes just how shady Harrison Wells is, well before he appears on screen. This sort of seed planting for later plots is exactly what I love about Arrow and Arrow rewatches. 

Oh things definitely picked up from 2x18 onwards because the emphasis moved from unnecessary Lance Family drama and that Oliver/Sara thing (still cannot call what followed that lunge a relationship) into the main story line of Slade Wilson's revenge and saving the city, Team Arrow style. Season 2 was a solid season barring the series of episodes from 2x14 - 2x17. 2x17 was the only Arrow episode ever that I have still not watched in its entirety. But everything fell into the slot (minus Oliver writing his company over to Isabel) after that and the last few episode were really good.

• Love 1

I agree on 2B.  It flows better when you can watch it back to back, although the omission of Roy after Oliver revealing his identity to him still annoys.  I cried several times over scenes that previously seemed over the top with Sara--specifically the "together" thing in Suicide Squad.  Oliver being vulnerable (and getting the shaft) will do it to me every time.

My fav thing right now about Arrow is Blake Neely.  The Flash Vs Arrow score was INSPIRED.  Its the first $$ I have spent on anything Arrow related since buckle canary's reveal.

• Love 2

What do I love about Arrow?

Team Arrow Mainly Oliver Diggle and Felicity! I love that Felicity is not only sexy but Funny dorky and a badass genius to boot. Love Oliver and Diggle's Bromance as well as the Romance between Oliver and Felicity though GugggenTroll thinks they are starcrossed who n they are NOT. Love the Action the fight sequences look movie like.

• Love 3

Some of the things already mentioned are things I love about Arrow. However, one of my absolute favorite things about the show is the guest soundtrack. I've come across some really great alternative music artists due to some of the songs that have been used on this show.

That's one thing the CW has always done well is the guest music.

• Love 6

Sin was still in Starling! And she likes Monte Cristos. *g* 

Another thing that I did notice, but a poster in the episode thread said: The ad in that alley from "21 years ago"? Still there! *g*

Also, Wordy, Michael Cram from Flashpoint! Even if he was Malcolm's right-hand man

Sin was still in Starling! And she likes Monte Cristos. *g*

Mmmmm, Monte Cristos.  I wonder if hers was the kind where the whole sandwich is dipped into batter and deep fried.  I feel like quoting Homer Simpson but I don't know how to spell the sound of his drooling.  

Loved how well Sin wielded her bat.  Nobody was able to swipe it out of her hands.  Girl has natural untapped talent IMO. 

• Love 1

One bit of happy from last night: Dig and Ollie sitting and having a drink, like grown-ups, in Verdant.

Brought over from the "Canaries" thread:

(Seriously, that was a terrible plan – all those poor townsfolk should be dead. It felt like they were using the people of the Glades as cannon fodder.)

One of the things I liked about the original Spider-Man movies was that the native NYCers were just as supportive of Spidey when he was facing a villain as they could be scared by headlines. Why can't the residents of the Glades fight common thugs to take back control of their part of the city? Yes, they probably aren't even as trained as Laurel, but they responded to folks saying, probably, "We outnumber the mooks; the vigilantes will take care of Brick."  I think that The Glades is probably more like Marvel's NYC w/r/t Arrow and the other vigilantes.  They may not be happy all the time, but they are probably more supportive than not.

• Love 1

Thea thanking Oliver and giving him a hug made me get a little misty-eyed; their brother-sister interaction at the beginning of the show was something I really liked, so I hope to see more of it again. They still tread a fine line into "a bit too much chemistry for siblings...", but it will be good seeing them develop their adult relationship together now, hopefully with fewer lies.

• Love 4

One bit of happy from last night: Dig and Ollie sitting and having a drink, like grown-ups, in Verdant.

I liked that Dig got a coaster for Oliver's drink after he sat down and then he played with the stack of coasters a little. It actually seemed pretty natural. People at bars do love to play with the coasters LOL. 

• Love 4
Thea thanking Oliver and giving him a hug made me get a little misty-eyed; their brother-sister interaction at the beginning of the show was something I really liked, so I hope to see more of it again. They still tread a fine line into "a bit too much chemistry for siblings...", but it will be good seeing them develop their adult relationship together now, hopefully with fewer lies.

This. I didn't realize how badly I needed Thea to take the news well until it happened and I felt super-relieved. I just want good things for the Queen siblings! 

(edited)

That gif is everything. I remember gasping out loud because I thought he was going to kiss her. It was palpable. And then I thought 'Omg he's actually fallen in love with her.' Until then, however much I thought he had feelings for her, I believed it was just going to remain a 'what if' situation because these guys do love their comic book canon. They genuinely surprised me tbh. But I did binge watch the show at that point so I don't know how different my experience is.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 3

That gif is everything. I remember gasping out loud because I thought he was going to kiss her. It was palpable. And then I thought 'Omg he's actually fallen in love with her.' Until then, however much I thought he had feelings for her, I believed it was just going to remain a 'what if' situation because these guys do love their comic book canon. They genuinely surprised me tbh. But I did binge watch the show at that point so I don't know how different my experience is.

I didn't binge the show and watched it week to week, & the experience was the same. It was just so palpable. I thought it was stronger than the mansion scene, which is also why I believed the mansion scene as not just a rouse. Tbh, I think that writers tipped their hats too soon with a relationship attempt between f&o. I'm usually not a huge fan of will they/won't they, but the chemistry between them was so organic it never felt like it interfered with the show until the writers were actually writing it. I could have sat thru a few more episodes of secret longing, esp if they were gonna skip all the onscreen build up & flirting. But I do have a feeling they'll get back there by end of the season or s4, so I'm gonna remain optimistic.

• Love 7

A look back to this clip from the 2013 PaleyFest where they talk about introducing Felicity...

Arrow - Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim Talk About the Popularity of Felicity's Character

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Don't they understand that the thing that they needed Felicity for in season one is still something they need on the show?  :(

Ok, optimism or at least some kind of happy comment...It was great to see Susann Thompson in the clip! 

Ok, everyone.  My theory that Nanda Parbat is in either Oregon or Wyoming turns out to be wrong....

....kinda.

From Guggenheim himself, Nanda Parbat is in...

DUN DUN DUN!

New Jersey!

(There's a joke waiting to be made here about New Jersey and sex rooms tailor designed for vigilantes, but I'll let someone else make it.)

• Love 2
(edited)

One of my favorite things from the recent episodes is how matter of fact everybody is treating Oliver and Felicity's love for each other and how both Oliver and Felicity have no qualms about expressing their love verbally. I think this is why I'm more hopeful the season is going to end on a good note for them (yes despite what happened in 3x22).

tumblr_nn8kveRjJ21qf5hjqo3_500.gif

Arrow 3x20, The Fallen

tumblr_nnlj849qqy1rt5ctno2_500.gif

Arrow 3x21, Al Sah-him

tumblr_nny685I3d11qlgooao1_r2_500.gif

Arrow 3x22, This Is Your Sword

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 8

I didn't know where to put this but I was wondering, what were your guys' favorite episodes of season 3?

Mine are: 1 (minus last minute), 5, 8, 9, 10, 14, 16, 19, 20, 23.

10/23 episodes is really bad lmao

• Love 1

I think I'd rank:

8, 19, 1, 20, 9, 5, 23, 16, 10 then 3.

I can't really argue with your list - I love individual scenes in 1, 9, 5 and 20 more. But I really loved the crossover event week (like was as pumped up as a huge movie premiere excited). and 19 was in many ways the best twist of the year-as I was for sure they were killing off Roy and the fake-out was so well-done.

I have a weird soft-spot for "road-trip" episodes so 3 randomly slides in.

(edited)

My carping aside, only a couple of episodes really irked me, only one episode bored me. I also wasn't fond of two other episodes. That's actually about par for the course with the previous two seasons, so my sense is that this season will, like season two, hold up better on a rewatch.

And in a further sign that I enjoyed the season more than most people on this board, I liked all of the other episodes. I think the best written/directed was episode 10, but I can't exactly classify that as a favorite since, let's face it, it was kinda depressing. Otherwise, my favorites, in numerical order, probably were 1, 8, 9, 19, 20 and 23, with runners up 3, 5, 14 (I know, I know, but Slade!), 16, and 22 (if not for the final "ha ha we've killed everyone" and the Oliver/Nyssa wedding this would have ranked higher). 

I reserve my right to change my mind after a rewatch.

(Edited to add 19 to my list of favorite episodes.)

Edited by quarks

For me, 1, 8, 19, 20, and 23 are the only episodes of which I'll rewatch more than 75%. There are also major moments in 5, 9, and 16 that I'd like to revisit (though less than 75% of the episode). 19 is probably my favorite whole episode of the season, followed by 1 (with major points off for the last two minutes) and then 8. Of course, Those ranking's might change after I rewatch those eps.

(Full disclosure: there were so many episodes this season that I either FF'd through or skipped entirely that my list includes all but four of the episodes I've actually season. Being able to sit through only half of a season's eps sort of makes my rankings damning with faint praise.)

• Love 2

To drum up some positivity, what were your top 10 favorite things about season 3 (if you can think of any)?

1. Blake Neely's soundtrack
  2. Oliver finally being happy in the end with Felicity and taking a much needed vacation with her
  3. Thea becoming Speedy (didn't like how she got to that point, but like that she IS Speedy now)
  4. Oliver finally telling Thea about his identity
  5. Oliver and Diggle bromance
  6. Felicity getting her own episode and the introduction of Donna Smoak
  7. The Diggle Family and how in the end Diggle and Felicity stuck together no matter what
  8. Roy's everything
  9. Nyssa coming back and being a badass
  10. The crossover episodes in their entirety 
  • Love 3

This was a little easier than the episodes. Although I did try to do that exercise, but the computer ate my responses so I took it as a sign. Realized I like moments more than episodes. There were very few standout episodes that I could consider favs or rank.

1. Oliver & Felicity getting together, not just 320. But actually admitting their feelings for each other and pursing them eventually.
2. Oliver choosing himself & happiness. Actually pursuing happiness in the end.
3. Roy sacrificing himself (Sad, but still one of my favs) & the fact that the episode actually managed to surprise me with how they did it.

4. Stephen Amell’s overall phenomenal acting. I mean he killed most of his emotional & physical scenes.

5. Powerful & strong women – Lyla, Nyssa & Tatsu (Donna in her 1st episode). Of course Felicity, Thea & Sara (RIP) as well. Laurel could have made the list, but I have yet to forgive her for what she did to Quentin, so sorry LL you are NOT part of the Dynamic Women Group this season.

6. Oliver finally telling Thea about his secret ID & her reaction to it.

7. Barry on Arrow & first crossover. I wish we could just keep Barry all the time.

8. Oliver & Diggle Bromance, even the sadliness in the final episodes

9. Family becoming important element again – O/T sibling relationship in the focus, Little Sara & Dyla family supporting Thea & Felicity in 321
10. LoA & Ras for all the wrong reasons, it was more funny to imagine all the ridiculousness that became associated with NP, the transportation logistics of getting from SC to NP, the wine & dines, the mispronunciations, the no electricity but yet they have a plane? The fact that LoA seemed more concerned with interior decorating & fashion statements than actually you know assassinating people. But I did like more swordplay added to the stunts. And I did like OQ in Black ;)

**Bonus - Joining this board :)

• Love 5

I agree with both lists above.  I would also add:  S3 provided a ton of great material for some fantastic O&F fan videos, as well as some hilarious photo recaps of episodes by fans (still laughing over that Nanda Parbat resort hotel one).

• Love 6

If I had to pick just one moment out of everything, I have to come back to the moment that Oliver realized it was Felicity in the Atom suit.  His overwhelmed expression of joy and relief and wonder mixing with tears and laughter just might be the best thing they have ever produced on this show. 

• Love 14

Favorite things from the season:

1. Donna Smoak

2. Tatsu

3. Thea's reaction when Oliver showed her the Arrow Cave

4. Thea becoming completely kick ass

5. Barring a couple of episodes, virtually every scene involving John Diggle 

6. The Brave and the Bold crossover, and Cisco popping over to Arrow briefly later.

7. Many of the Oliver/Felicity scenes. I'm with BkWurm1 - my favorite is the Felicity reveal in the Atom suit. I don't think that Felicity has ever looked as adorable on the show, and Oliver's shift from WTH to relief and joy and laughter was amazing.

8. Amell's acting improving by leaps and bounds.

9. The soundtrack, which remained outstanding

10. The nightclub fight in the Hong Kong flashback

11. The twist in the "Public Enemy" episode - well set up and delivered.

12. The Green Lantern references (yes, I know this one is just me.)

13. The show going out of its way to give Oliver two plot related reasons to go shirtless in a single episode.

14. Slade's return, however briefly.

15. The family dinner over at the Diggles. 

16. Oliver proving he can turn a cheap motel room into a source for top quality bows and arrows

Possibly more when the coffee sinks in.

• Love 7

Yup ten favorite things is hard. Despite hating this season there was actually quite a few good moments.

1) Thea Dearden Queen. Her evolution has been fantastic and I search for Thea on tumblr more than any other character, followed by Nyssa. I loved her shooting Ollie. I loved her being strong enough to crawl to her phone to warn Ollie after being stabbed. Loved her giving Malcolm up. Love her period.

2) Nyssa. She's a bamf and the only character to not act ooc the entire season.

3) Diggle family dinner with Thea and Felicity. I would love more of that.

5) the crossover episode was so much fun. "When did we start charging admission to the arrowcave"

6) Felicity being a compete bad ass and talking trash about Malcolm to his face every time she had the chance.

7) Roy, specifically his prison adventure but also the early parts with him and Felicity or him and Oliver.

8) Dig getting married! Wish that scene lasted longer.

9) Miss Smoak and her tablet of doom.

10) Oliver revealing his identity to Thea.

Bonus: the crackrecaps have been amazing, "I didn't know you were interested in hotel management"

• Love 3

I have several fav moments from My Name is Oliver Queen, but one that probably gets overlooked that I adore is right after Diggle walks out (after Oliver asks Felicity to go away with him)  Felicity quietly calls out, "John." and then Oliver turns and says in a soft voice meant just for her to hear,  "I'll talk to him."  And they share a look of understanding and concern.  

They've always done the silent communication but what I loved was that Felicity reacted to something that was affecting both of them and Oliver goes to try to fix it not just for his sake but for her sake as well.  It may seem that I'm splitting hairs on what makes this moment different when at times each member of the OTA have let another member go talk privately to another, but this felt like the first time that Oliver was acting on behalf of THEM as one entity.  

I liked that moment.     

• Love 13

Sometimes the Arrow/Olicity fandom can be great (sometimes terrible). I just started twitter, and today I found the tag #typicalolicityfan and it's being used as a way to combat body shaming from some other twitter users in the same fandom trying to shame olicity shippers and their appearance. Some people are even donating to charity (Girls Inc). 

This is the side of the fandom I love. They took something extremely negative and turned it positive. 

Basically it's in response to these tweets: X

• Love 5

Thanks for the background info, wonderwall! I saw some posts about the hashtag and wondered what prompted it. I think the original insulting tweet was so juvenile it probably shouldn't even merit a response, but yeah, it's great that so many people turned it into a positive rally.

(edited)

I'm mentally weary.  It's my own damn fault for spending too much time over on a site not deserving to be named trying to disrupt their group think (hypocrite much, yeah, yeah, but I like ours and rarely do I see here just plain untrue things that get repeated as fact over and over).  Anyway, I am in need of reminder WHY I care.  (Aka anything that I don't have to think up. - My brain hurts)

So I'm making a request for your favorite thing about Oliver and Felicity.  Maybe a rare good moment in Season three or maybe an observation on how they have deep conversations with just a mere glance (or something like that).  Thank you in advance for your healing words.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

I love the way they look at each other like the other person is the best thing that's ever happened to them.  I also love how they make each other smile (this video posted in the Clock Tower thread reminded me of how often they smile at each other).

• Love 8
(edited)

OK,@BkWurm1, I'll play :)

Remember PTSD, just back from an hellish Island Oliver in S1-E1? That closed, hurt, never smiling with this eyes Oliver? Flashforward to S3-S1. Boyish, smiling, charming Oliver...and yet, still the badass, still Oliver. The whole asking out was imo a better screwball comedy than the poor imitation tried later in the season. 

Add the bonus of Diggle obviously delighted in the evolution and one of the best Oliver/Diggle bro moment with Little Sara's birth. Because O/F and OTA are indivisible for me. Diggle and Felicity were instrumental not only in Oliver's quest, they helped him to rebuild and restructure his life and shaped the person he is now. Just like he did for them. And my favorite thing on Arrow is that I could see those three people meet, get together and create this fantastic trinity, which is a joy to watch.

Most beautiful heart-wrenching moment for me was at the end of S2, though, when Oliver wants to surrender to Slade after Moira's death. The lingering hands, argh...I was torn between yelling "Don't you fucking give up, Oliver" and "You're already kissing her with your eyes, so DO it for real!" (even though I was terrified about the writers going there). And you know what makes it even more satisfying, retrospectively? The knowledge that Felicity will be instrumental (once more) in Oliver's finding another way out of this dilemma and will take Freaking Slade Wilson down with a gesture entirely, absolutely within her long-established physical/mental abilities.

And finally, because I'm not a nice person, the best "Take that!" evah...I'll never tire of "It started with the three of us". Hell, YEAH!

Oliver/Felicity wasn't badly written, it was unwritten, this season. It didn't ruin the show because they weren't on. The crossover showed it, the Fallen showed it ("I love you all the more for it", aww!) the scarce Team Arrow moments peppered all over the season -incidentally, about 99% of what I loved this season- showed it, when TPTB do bother to write for Oliver/Felicity (and OTA) it still works everytime.

And this is what I love about Arrow, because this is the magic that grabs you, makes you care about fictional characters, feel for them and enjoy watching their stories.

(Don't wear yourself out. Think that if people repeat lies, it's because they have no truths to tell. And probably no such beautiful, meaningful, thrilling moments to enjoy with their favorite characters. It's a pity for them and you're the lucky one.)

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 11

From this season:

"Do you like Italian? Everybody likes Italian!"

"Oliver! You're in the middle of a high speed chase!"

"I'm multitasking!"

(Ok, yes, yes, old joke, but I still liked it.)

#

This was more of a Team Arrow moment, but the great bit where Oliver didn't want baby Sara taken down into the lair, and Felicity immediately recognizes that this is a discussion that's going nowhere and suggests handing little Sara over to her mother.

#

"Felicity, this is me noticing you staring."

"We need to help Barry."

#

Oliver, secret identity blah blah

"What Oliver MEANT to say was...."

#

Felicity, dreamily, "Land mines."

Oliver, less dreamily, Land mines?  I do cool things with a really cool motorcycle, I shoot a boxing glove arrow out of my bow, I leap across the rooftops of buildings, I take my shirt off, I penetrate just fine, and she's fantasizing about the land mines? 

#

"And the other thing?"

"I love you."

#

Oliver returns, long hug. "I'm ok."

#

"An I'm sorry and a you were right? I should really be recording this."

#

"If I could figure out how to get this thing off I would be kissing you right now."

#

Proving that even in an angsty season, they can still be a lot of fun.

• Love 14

So I'm making a request for your favorite thing about Oliver and Felicity.  Maybe a rare good moment in Season three or maybe an observation on how they have deep conversations with just a mere glance (or something like that).  Thank you in advance for your healing words.   

The conversations at a glance will be hard to argue for with people who don't see it.  Speaking glances aren't concrete enough for those who don't see the chemistry.

Things I love: Felicity continues to stand up to Oliver and when he listens, he is better for it.  It started in The Odyssey (her agreeing provisionally) and Dodger, through to her objection to working with Malcolm and her drugging him in The Fallen.  I love how varied her responses are because she wasn't even going to talk about it when Oliver returned and announced his (stupid) plan because she knew she was too angry and would say something hurtful.

However, at the same time, she doesn't fight against him when violence is the right choice.  She straight up tells him that he needs to kill Ra's in The Climb.  I find it interesting that Oliver assumes she is going to tell him not to go in The Fallen with their "usual song and dance."  At least from what we've seen, Felicity never said 'nay' to his fighting and killing Ra's.  It's not until we reach the last episode that we discover Oliver has been having almost nightly dreams where Felicity tells him to stay and he... does.  She's effectively become the embodiment of his conscience, which I think is pretty cool (especially since I don't see Felicity abusing that or setting out to make that happen).

I loved their scenes in 3x16.  Mostly because it felt like an old episode of the show with Team Arrow taking down a baddie with nice brotp moments and lovely caring and sass between Oliver and Felicity.

• Love 11

The conversations at a glance will be hard to argue for with people who don't see it.  Speaking glances aren't concrete enough for those who don't see the chemistry.

Oh don't worry, I'm not trying to gather ammunition to battle another round, I was just in need of some positive vibrations sent my way.  Most of the conversations have had nothing to do with any specific Olicity moments, rather me pointing out that yes she had an independent storyline from Oliver, no she's not a one dimensional character, no the season was not non stop romance, yes romance is common in comic book shows, no she's not a Mary Sue, no really she's not a Mary Sue, no it is not fan pandering, no she's not codependent on Oliver, no it's not her fault Quentin got so little time, no there are much more ridiculous things on the show than her flying the Atom suit and round and round.   I should just let it go knowing I've said my peace but I have a hard time letting anyone else have the last word, lol which sends me back on the not so merry go round. 

Thank you everyone for your contributions so far.  You make me feel sane again. 

• Love 2
(edited)

The oldest but one of the beSt for me was her introduction.

"These look like bullet holes"

"My coffee shop is in a bad area"

That smile. That whole conversation was gold and I wanted more of it. Second close favorite was when Dig was there for a conversation and Ollie was being so bad at cover stories that Dig just looked at felicity and walked away. I died. But maybe that's more of a digger moment.

Lastly, when Felicity was being held hostage and Oliver recovering serial killer just murders to protect her and keep her safe. I love that he did it but I more so love that Felicity was grieving that he had to break his new rule. That was such a beautiful scene to me.

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 10

I love all of these moments that you've all already mentioned.

As much as I love the serious INTENSITY that Oliver can point in Felicity's direction, I swoon over the joyful, happy Oliver that simply delights in her presence. Their interaction at CC Jitters on The Flash crossover is so cute because they're happy. And when Felicity sighs about land mines to Team Flash in the Arrow episode, Oliver looks disarmed--super flattered and embarrassed and flustered. So cute!

I love the tiny shake of his head right before he tells her he loves her in "The Climb"--it's just the slightest moment to get some courage to look her in the eyes and bare his soul.

I love Felicity, too, but focused on Oliver, given how far she helped him come.

• Love 6
(edited)

OK,@BkWurm1, I'll play :)

Remember PTSD, just back from an hellish Island Oliver in S1-E1? That closed, hurt, never smiling with this eyes Oliver? Flashforward to S3-S1. Boyish, smiling, charming Oliver...and yet, still the badass, still Oliver. The whole asking out was imo a better screwball comedy than the poor imitation tried later in the season. 

Add the bonus of Diggle obviously delighted in the evolution and one of the best Oliver/Diggle bro moment with Little Sara's birth. Because O/F and OTA are indivisible for me. Diggle and Felicity were instrumental not only in Oliver's quest, they helped him to rebuild and restructure his life and shaped the person he is now. Just like he did for them. And my favorite thing on Arrow is that I could see those three people meet, get together and create this fantastic trinity, which is a joy to watch.

Most beautiful heart-wrenching moment for me was at the end of S2, though, when Oliver wants to surrender to Slade after Moira's death. The lingering hands, argh...I was torn between yelling "Don't you fucking give up, Oliver" and "You're already kissing her with your eyes, so DO it for real!" (even though I was terrified about the writers going there). And you know what makes it even more satisfying, retrospectively? The knowledge that Felicity will be instrumental (once more) in Oliver's finding another way out of this dilemma and will take Freaking Slade Wilson down with a gesture entirely, absolutely within her long-established physical/mental abilities.

And finally, because I'm not a nice person, the best "Take that!" evah...I'll never tire of "It started with the three of us". Hell, YEAH!

Oliver/Felicity wasn't badly written, it was unwritten, this season. It didn't ruin the show because they weren't on. The crossover showed it, the Fallen showed it ("I love you all the more for it", aww!) the scarce Team Arrow moments peppered all over the season -incidentally, about 99% of what I loved this season- showed it, when TPTB do bother to write for Oliver/Felicity (and OTA) it still works everytime.

And this is what I love about Arrow, because this is the magic that grabs you, makes you care about fictional characters, feel for them and enjoy watching their stories.

(Don't wear yourself out. Think that if people repeat lies, it's because they have no truths to tell. And probably no such beautiful, meaningful, thrilling moments to enjoy with their favorite characters. It's a pity for them and you're the lucky one.)

I want to marry this post!

The way Oliver says Felicity name.

The way they look at each other like the other one is the sun, the moon and a night sky full of stars.

The way they balance each other

How funny, light, and sweet their scenes can be

How deeply meaningful, heartbreaking, and perfect their scenes can be

The eye-sex

The light touches, the sexual innuendos, the scrunchy faces 

The all Olicity progression friends-partners-lovers...epic love story :)

The insane chemistry that Oliver and Felicity share, undoubtedly one of the most perfect ones i have had the pleasure to watch on a TV show

All the ways that Oliver smiles because of Felicity

The support, importance and deep connection in so many ways that Felicity has to Oliver's hero journey 

The absolute respect and admiration they have for each other

I could probably go on forever. Arrow is one of my favorite shows, i lie, it's my favorite show. First i stayed for Oliver, then for Oliver and Diggle, later for O/D/F, along came OG3 and Olicity, and next thing i know, it's impossible for me to quit the show, no matter how frustrating it can get.

As long as my 3 favorite characters, OTA and Olicty are in show, i know i'll always watch.

P.S. I almost forgot, how could i, one of my absolute favorite things about Olicity.......Oliver Heart-Eyes Queen :D

Hope i helped a bit BkWurm1, tried my best

Edited by Balaclava
  • Love 7

Hope i helped a bit BkWurm1, tried my best

Have no doubt.  :)

How funny, light, and sweet their scenes can be

How deeply meaningful, heartbreaking, and perfect their scenes can be

I adore the juxtaposition of these two. 

• Love 2