Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E39: Clip Show

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

It sounds as if you know Derrick & his wife, Wings707, if so, thank you for your feedback. 

Nope, just a wife projecting what I would feel in this situation, given the limited information I have..  Speculation is all we have when it comes to reality people!  

• Love 1

Nope, just a wife projecting what I would feel in this situation, given the limited information I have..  Speculation is all we have when it comes to reality people!  

Thank you, that is what I was doing myself; I had told Mr. ToStandOn that if that was him on the show & I was home watching it, I would sit there and wonder 'why, of all of the people in that house, would you choose the most self-centered, shallow, least game playing and most needy person as your "best friend'?  And to see another woman clinging to my husband would just turn my stomach.

Thank you, that is what I was doing myself; I had told Mr. ToStandOn that if that was him on the show & I was home watching it, I would sit there and wonder 'why, of all of the people in that house, would you choose the most self-centered, shallow, least game playing and most needy person as your "best friend'?  And to see another woman clinging to my husband would just turn my stomach.

Me? If I was Derrick's wife, I wouldn't care at all.  I'd see him being nice to someone, however consistently putting her in the friendzone and respecting my marriage.  I don't think he's shown anything in the house that would make me worry if I was his spouse.  

I think Derrick befriended her because it's the kind of guy he is.  Joey made a video talking about the houseguests and along with saying she hated Christine a million times over, she said Derrick was the nicest when you were on the block.  Other people ignored and stopped talking to you, but not Derrick...he was still nice and friendly and she really appreciated that.  

Anyways, I know I am getting off topic.  So I'll slap my own hand before someone does it for me. 

• Love 2

I don't think he's shown anything in the house that would make me worry if I was his spouse.

I agree and I don't think his wife will have a problem with him at all.  

And to see another woman clinging to my husband would just turn my stomach.

Excellent way to phrase it.  That would be my reaction too.  I also know I would not be happy to see her at the finale and the hours that follow.  I would contain myself but in my mind, a cartoon vignette would play and I would push her hard enough for her to fall on the ground.  

I repeat, Derrick has clean hands here, he has been clear.

I would sit there and wonder 'why, of all of the people in that house, would you choose the most self-centered, shallow, least game playing and most needy person as your "best friend'?

He gave the reason why he befriended her on the feeds.  She is Jewish and so is his wife.  He saw her by herself not making any connections in the house so he reached out.  He did the same with Cody.  

• Love 2

Far too much Frankie! Why on earth did they have to ruin it by subjecting us to the Frankie commentary.

The Zach scene with Amber was horrible and while it was set up by TA they didn't write him a script so thats on him and why I wouldn't like to see him win AFP.

• Love 1

I feel like the last remaining question is, if Cody wins the final HoH, is he smart enough to bring Victoria to F2? Can you imagine Derrick being totally shut out of the money?? He would lose his shit. 

I can't remember, what did Izzy say in her DR?

1. Somebody needed to make a big move in this game.

2. Izzy wasn't afraid to "get blood on my paws".

Also, I personally think Caleb looks better with the shaved head.

After so many weeks post-buzz, the image of pre-buzz Caleb was somewhat jarring. I'd forgotten he'd had that much hair.

I just see Victoria as a very sheltered girl from a very religious family who has definitely gotten a crush on Derrick but in a protector/hero way (as someone up thread said). I think she doesn't even understand that her behavior is not right. It may feel inappropriate and uncomfortable to us married women, but he has firmly put her in her place whenever she got too clingy. She has no experience with men, and she's not after him, she just enjoys being around him, there's a huge difference. And when derrick's wife and daughter's voices came up on the holla, victoria had a huge grin just like everyone did. Contrast that with Christine's probable behavior if a love interest of Cody's had phoned in. Of I course I dont know any of these people but from what I could discern through my tv I sensed a very big difference in tone.

Considering what my own girls have encountered out there in today's version of the Wide World O' Dating, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Vic's attraction to Derrick is based on the simple fact he's the first non-family guy she's met in the U. S. whose conversation with her has extended beyond trying to determine what opportunities existed to get in her pants. So far as I've observed, the current crop of twentysomething males are horny scumbums with little to recommend themselves beyond mad XBox skillz. Hell, most of them don't even know how to change a tire or work jumper cables. Talk about husband material.... :P

• Love 2

Considering what my own girls have encountered out there in today's version of the Wide World O' Dating, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Vic's attraction to Derrick is based on the simple fact he's the first non-family guy she's met in the U. S. whose conversation with her has extended beyond trying to determine what opportunities existed to get in her pants. So far as I've observed, the current crop of twentysomething males are horny scumbums with little to recommend themselves beyond mad XBox skillz. Hell, most of them don't even know how to change a tire or work jumper cables. Talk about husband material.... :P

Spoken like a dad who sees no one good enough for his daughter.  Kudos!  Keep it up. 

• Love 1

Women fall in love with married men everyday and vice versa!   She knows it has no future but that doesn't matter, she is not going to act on anything.  I do know that Derricks wife will have none of it, when it comes to them having a friendship outside of the house!!!   And that means texts, too. 

Derrick's wife could easily be like some of us who are fine with his behavior in the house, and Victoria's.  Hell, Victoria is practically rooting for Derrick, I'd have her over for dinner, text her myself, you name it.  

I noticed a couple of things in the clip show.  First was Cody standing and evicting Caleb.  He had his hands up Derrick-style as he talked.  I think he likes Derrick so much that he's picked up his mannerisms.

Second was the scene where Zach is standing there belittling Amber.  Everybody is looking down or clearly uncomfortable, except Donny!  I actually rewound and watched again because I was so surprised.  Donny sat there with a huge grin on his face, eagerly watching it all. Combined with the fact that he called Amber a "Jezebel" who was using her wiles to manipulate Caleb, I was disappointed.  I get that he was counting dollar signs while this was happening, but even Frankie managed not to gloat.

I think Victoria has a slight chance of winning the $500,000 if she ends up in the Final 2 (especially sitting next to Cody).  Most of the members of the jury were part of a system of "voting with the house."  They could now feel like sheep that were herded all summer, but now they have one last voice.   That's the only way I could see the jury throwing votes to Victoria: to spite the whole system.

I noticed a couple of things in the clip show. First was Cody standing and evicting Caleb. He had his hands up Derrick-style as he talked. I think he likes Derrick so much that he's picked

up his mannerisms.

Second was the scene where Zach is standing there belittling Amber. Everybody is looking

down or clearly uncomfortable, except Donny! I

actually rewound and watched again because I

was so surprised. Donny sat there with a huge

grin on his face, eagerly watching it all.

Combined with the fact that he called Amber a "Jezebel" who was using her wiles to manipulate Caleb, I was disappointed. I get that he was counting dollar signs while this was happening,

but even Frankie managed not to gloat.

To be fair to Donny, he's the houseguest who probably knows the least about the Amber situation. All he knows is what the other guys have told him, so it's not surprising that his view of the whole thing is very distorted.

I would agree except that both Donny and Amber said they talked a lot because they reminded each other of home. He also spread rumors about her to help out with the TA task so I'm pretty sure he was aware of things.

To be fair to Donny, he's the houseguest who probably knows the least about the Amber situation. All he knows is what the other guys have told him, so it's not surprising that his view of the whole thing is very distorted.

So really it was just run of the mill slut shaming as opposed to being personally invested slut shaming.

Truth I'm not even mad because I love the word Jeezebell, it right up there with trollop and harlot for fake outrage at females. But it did show a not so sweet side of Donnie if he was quick to call her that without a wink, wink, nudge added.

• Love 1

I don't think it was slut-shaming if he was under the impression that Amber was being manipulative.

Obviously we know what the truth of that whole situation was, but I'm not so sure that Donny did. I'm also not claiming that he's perfect or couldn't have chosen his words a bit better.

I don't think it was slut-shaming if he was under the impression that Amber was being manipulative.

I generally like Donny but I give him absolutely zero pass on his Jezebel crap. That word has a particularly negative connotation when used in reference to Black women (yes, I know Amber is bi-racial but unfortunately in certain parts of the country, the so-called "one-drop" rule still applies; I'd include NC in that part of the country). I'm not calling a Donny a racist but I'd bet cash money he knows about the special use of that word toward Black women and didn't use it innocently.

• Love 1

It's still slut shaming if he thought she was being manipulative because he used a word used to call a lady loose. If he thought it was because she was manipulating Cody why not say she conniving or sly? Words mean things and I take them face value. This doesn't make Donny a horrible person, it just doesn't mean he isn't so sweet and simple. He has layers, who knew! And if everyone else out can get called out on their perceived sexism, I will gladly call Donny out on his.

• Love 3