Type keyword(s) to search

Elementary in the Media

On November 29, 2017 at 10:05 AM, mtlchick said:

Wisdom of the Crowd's demise is a win for Elementary: this season goes from 13 to 21 episodes!  (Dear show I need more Clyde!)

http://deadline.com/2017/11/elementary-season-6-order-expanded-cbs-8-more-episodes-21-total-1202216276/

I can't stop breathing a sigh of relief that at least one show's stars have been re-vetted and found to have no sexual harassment skeletons in their closets. Or am I assuming too much?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, johntfs said:

According to TV-Guide.com, the season/series finale of Wisdom of the Crowd comes on Jan.14.  So figure the earliest likely day that Elementary will premiere is January 21.

I was just going to say CBS keeps airing commercials that say "Only 2 episodes left in the season (ha!) of Wisdom of the Crowd" That would be Jan 7 & 14th. So, probably move Madame Secretary (back?) to the first slot after 60 Min (or just shift everything up an hour (NCISLA followed by MS)) and probably just put Elementary back in its "last show of the night" slot. But perhaps not on Jan 21, since Jan 28 is the Grammys (I think on CBS), and the following week would be the Super Bowl (no idea what channel, but if it's not CBS, I don't see CBS putting on something new opposite it). So if Elementary began on Jan 21, it would be 3 weeks until another episode aired (Feb 12). Unless CBS really wants to kill it off, I think they'll wait until Feb 12 to start it (perhaps put the season finale on Jan 21, to remind everyone where we left off)

But the Olympics start Feb 8 and only last 10 days or so. So....Put something on Feb 11 (maybe the aforementioned finale). The 18th might be free from Olympics (if that's the closing ceremony, 18th finale, 25th season premiere). So CBS only has to figure out what (rerun) to put on Jan 21st, Feb 11th and maybe Feb 18th. (I assume CBS already has rerun plans for Super Bowl Sunday).

On 1/5/2018 at 4:15 PM, chitowngirl said:

Yes, the Grammys are on CBS. The Super Bowl is on Fox. Airing in February means being up against The Olympics. ?

The Super Bowl is on NBC this year.

On 1/5/2018 at 6:24 PM, illdoc said:

But the Olympics start Feb 8 and only last 10 days or so. So....Put something on Feb 11 (maybe the aforementioned finale). The 18th might be free from Olympics (if that's the closing ceremony, 18th finale, 25th season premiere). So CBS only has to figure out what (rerun) to put on Jan 21st, Feb 11th and maybe Feb 18th. (I assume CBS already has rerun plans for Super Bowl Sunday).

The Winter Olympics are now two full weeks long going over three weekends.  Has been that way for a little while now.

Wow, April 30.  It's strange but I had a dream about Elementary last night, don't remember it that well but I was trying to persuade people to get it on the air I think.  Actually under the circumstances I am glad it will be on Mondays.  At least it won't be pushed into obscurity by Football.  

• Love 1

CBS is here with its spring premiere dates to brighten up your Thursday!

Fans of Elementary and Code Black can pencil in return dates for their favorite shows. Procedural detective drama Elementary will be back to solve crimes on Monday, April 30 at 10 p.m. ET, taking over Scorpion‘s timeslot following its season finale on April 23.

On March 1, 2018 at 5:20 PM, sinkwriter said:

'Bout damn time. I may have to rewatch the series just to remember what happened. LOL.

Oh yeah! I totally forgot until I saw the preview. The last season ended with Holmes hallucinating and getting tests done, right? Can't believe it's been a whole year. Is it a full season order? Are they running it every Monday or are there plans to double up? In 2016, CBS blew through the entire last season of Person of Interest in like, 2 months or less (very difficult for me to keep up with), and I hope Elementary doesn't get that same horrible burnoff treatment.

• Love 1
On April 18, 2018 at 7:24 PM, possibilities said:

21 episodes starting 4/30? So they're running it all summer?

That works for me. Of course, likely they will not air episodes on the weeks of Memorial Day and Fourth of July and Labor Day. Plus, this is CBS—will baseball preempt it? 

Does anyone know if Elementary has been permanently moved to Mondays now?  I'd like to be able to adjust my recording time back down to 1 hour instead of the 2 it's currently at (my *just in case* time period from the annoying sports overruns of last season's Sunday time slot).

• Love 1
On 5/2/2018 at 4:20 PM, Nessie said:

Does anyone know if Elementary has been permanently moved to Mondays now?  I'd like to be able to adjust my recording time back down to 1 hour instead of the 2 it's currently at (my *just in case* time period from the annoying sports overruns of last season's Sunday time slot).

I think it's permanent for this "season" so to speak.  As far as I know.  Monday is a good night for them, no sports either.

• Love 1
On 5/8/2018 at 12:15 AM, roseha said:

I think it's permanent for this "season" so to speak.  As far as I know.  Monday is a good night for them, no sports either.

Thank you!

• Love 1

After the slaughter of the last few days finally some good news, yay! I've been sure that this was the last season and almost okay with it because the show had had a good run - but this is great news.

• Love 1