Type keyword(s) to search

Elementary in the Media

Elementary pre-empted for Trump's SCOTUS nomination announcement. [Expletives deleted.] From Deadline:

CBS said today it will air a rebroadcast of NCIS: New Orleans at 9 PM, and move a scheduled original episode of Salvation to 10 PM, pre-empting an original episode of Elementary. Comedy series Mom and Man With a Plan will air at their regularly scheduled times of 8 PM and 8:30 PM, respectively.

Can I blame Trump? (Not too hard for me.) I had really been in a nice groove of having a new Elementary every week when precious little else is on.

On the plus side, getting Elementary out of the way is actually a nice move on CBS's part. Not so great for Salvation.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, lb60 said:

Bollocks!!!

I think Jonny probably said the same.  Sucks we have to wait but at least CBS feels it's better to hold off on a new episode on a veteran show and burn off a summer episode instead. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

In lieu of CBS at 8pm, my choices are either the vintage edition of Antiques Roadsow or reruns of Barney Miller.

Spent the evening continuing a re-watch of Dexter. 

At least they didn't do that insane thing of running it in the week hours of the morning. I rather have a week's delay or so than grind my teeth because I didn't see the "crawl" announcing the delay in time enough to set the DVR.

• Love 1

This is a little Spoiler-y I guess but my Tivo, thinking that the show had played last Monday, has scheduled the episode after it for next Monday, and it describes a situation 

Spoiler

where Bell is possibly offered a promotion to leave his current job...which would tie in with the idea that that writers and producers felt that this was the last year of the show.

On July 29, 2018 at 4:51 PM, jenrising said:

Some info about Joan's suits in this article - including the detail that some of the ties are made for kids because Lucy is so petite. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-ent-costumes-shape-characters-elementary-younger-claws-0727-story.html#

I'll admit to some disappointment that the reason for the suits is so literal but I still love them. 

I, OTOH, have not been loving them, but do appreciate them more after reading the article.

• Love 1

I was looking through my scheduled DVR recordings last night, and it looks like we are getting Episode 15 on Sunday, 8/12, then Episode 16 on Monday, 8/13.  

Three episodes in eight days works for me.  :-)

Now that I think about it, this might be the make-up date for the episode that got pre-empted by a certain someone.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Trey said:

Here's a very good interview with showrunner Rob Doherty:

Interview

TVLINE | It’s interesting to see a scene on TV between a man and a woman with that sort of declaration, where there isn’t romantic, sexual tension. It very much read as a platonic love. Was that what you intended?
Oh yeah, absolutely. Because that’s what it’s always been. I have lifelong friends that I love like family, and yet it’s not so often I put it to them that way. If I thought it was the last time I was going to see someone I cared about, I think I would say that with great ease. It’s why Sherlock was able to say it in that moment. He really thought it was goodbye, and you don’t walk away from even a platonic relationship without telling your partner how you feel. I wish there was an even more appropriate word than “platonic.” It’s fraternal. There’s great love, and there’s great respect, but there’s no romance.

Whew!

• Love 8

From TV line's Ask Matt: Question: I know Elementary Season 6 just ended, but… um… whaddaya got on Season 7? —Carly
Ausiello: It won’t be long before Sherlock and Joan — who moved their partnership to London in last Monday’s finale — are reconnecting with their former colleagues back at the NYPD. “Sherlock, Joan, Gregson and Bell form this very non-traditional family unit, and as the seventh season begins, there’s going to be a ‘family’ crisis,” showrunner Rob Doherty previews. “Events will transpire that will force them to put smaller problems behind them and really come together again as that unit.”

Edited by illdoc
  • Love 6
On 9/26/2018 at 4:05 PM, illdoc said:

Events will transpire that will force them to put smaller problems behind them and really come together again as that unit.”

Call me crazy but a father and daughter ignoring that I am the main suspect in a murder one covered up and the other committed is not a “small problem” in my book! 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Call me crazy but a father and daughter ignoring that I am the main suspect in a murder one covered up and the other committed is not a “small problem” in my book! 

On the other hand, I can see Sherlock considering it a small problem as long as everyone knows who needs to and Joan and he are safe.

• Love 4

How about two Sherlocks for the price of one? I get notices from Fathom, which presents unusual and specialty movie theater broadcasts. This could range from anime, Rifftrax live, and performances of opera at the Met. They are showing a theater production of Frankenstein starring both Johnny Lee Miller and Benedict Cumberbatch as the doctor and his monster, on October 22 and 29. They will switch parts for the second showing. Fathom would love for you to see both versions :).

• Love 2

[Interior: Met Stage Rehearsal]

Monster: UUURRRGGGHHHHH!

Dr. Frankenstein: Hey! Why does he have all the good lines???!!

Director: WTF??? OK you can be the monster in the second performance... FFS!!!! Divas......

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

How about two Sherlocks for the price of one? I get notices from Fathom, which presents unusual and specialty movie theater broadcasts. This could range from anime, Rifftrax live, and performances of opera at the Met. They are showing a theater production of Frankenstein starring both Johnny Lee Miller and Benedict Cumberbatch as the doctor and his monster, on October 22 and 29. They will switch parts for the second showing. Fathom would love for you to see both versions :).

I've seen both versions and Jonny is better as the creature.  

• Love 3
On 10/6/2018 at 3:38 AM, Magnumfangirl said:

I've seen both versions and Jonny is better as the creature.  

I've seen both versions as well (Jonny as the Creature thrice, and the Doctor once). Jonny is definitely the more compelling, affecting, haunting Creature than Benedict Cumberbatch. And Benedict is strongly suited to the Doctor: sharp, self-assured, quite magisterial. Somehow dovetails to their respective Sherlock Holmes portrayals!

• Love 1

It makes me sad to know the show is coming to an end, but they had a good run. I still think CBS treated it like a red headed stepchild, despite the fact that it made them a shitload of money.

Is it too early to put in for dibs on custody of Clyde?  

• Love 6
On December 17, 2018 at 7:03 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

So sad! Do us proud for the final season please!!

I will only be sad/disappointed if the series' final finale does not manage to surpass this past season's superlative finale's finale-ness
—which is going to be dang near impossible to do.

• Love 4
On 12/19/2018 at 12:54 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

Only 13 episodes :(.

For the moment.  CBS started last season at 13 as well and most of us assumed that would be the final season.  We might see the order upped this season as well if another CBS show falls flat.

• Love 2
On 1/14/2019 at 6:09 PM, johntfs said:

For the moment.  CBS started last season at 13 as well and most of us assumed that would be the final season.  We might see the order upped this season as well if another CBS show falls flat.

Since all the S7 episodes have been filmed, I'm assuming that it would be problematic to do more of them at this point. I just want to see them go out on a high note.  

p.s. I'm still working my way thru S6... so much tv, so little time.  Rest assured, I'm savoring them. 

• Love 2

Producer comments on the new season (excerpt):

“The attempted murder of Gregson is not an episodic story. It won’t wrap up very quickly,” showrunner Rob Doherty tells TVLine. “It’s something that we will mark over the course of the season, and in many respects, it will drive the season. It’s a complicated case… it goes down even windier paths as Sherlock and Joan start to investigate.”