Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Shade: The Rusical

• Start Topic

Watching season six on Netflix, and noticed that this episode was shorter than the rest, so I looked up the episode post. The mini-challenge was cut! I guess someone out there agreed with Mark's take on it:

The mini-challenge requires the girls to look at extreme close-up photos of body parts and decide if they belong to "females" or "she-males." The biological women include a female wrestler and that hideous "tan mom," and at this point, my liberal-arts mind recoils in horror. There are two or three hyperventilating think pieces to be written about how this segment "punishes" women who look masculine. 

On 12/29/2018 at 8:35 PM, Fex said:

Watching season six on Netflix, and noticed that this episode was shorter than the rest, so I looked up the episode post. The mini-challenge was cut! I guess someone out there agreed with Mark's take on it:

It actually ended up being super controversial for use of the term "she-male" which was considered a trans-woman slur. From this episode on, the "You've Got She-Mail" was edited out, and in future seasons they changed it to "she done already done had herses."

• Love 1