Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Canada - General Discussion

• Start Topic

A girlfriend and I were talking before the show aired tonight and we both thought that Chris would not propose to either Lindsay or Mikaela, and that if he did by the time the show aired they would no longer be together. It always bothered me that Mikaela in particular seemed fixated throughout the season on a proposal at the end, as if it was a given. 

I never understood why Chris went on the show in the first place when it was obvious that he was not ready to make a commitment. But I also don't understand why someone like Lindsay went on, when she had no intention of living anywhere other than Vancouver. What are the chances that the bachelor would be from Vancouver? Considering the size of the country, much more likely no than yes. 

I thought it was odd that it sounded like Lindsay only made up her mind that she was going to say what she said to Chris when she saw him on the beach at the end. She said that she didn't feel anything back from him so it sounded to me like she knew from his body language etc. that she was not going to be chosen so decided then to reject him first. 

In any case I congratulate Chris on knowing enough not to propose. Too often it seems like a proposal is made just because it is expected, so good on Chris for not towing the line. 

• Love 1

For once, I think that may have actually been "the most dramatic finale ever", or certainly one of the most memorable!  As much as I loved Lyndsey for deciding for herself to reject Chris, it almost seemed like she pulled the rug out from under him.  A day or two earlier she was supposedly in love with this man, but then she decides to reject him at the very last moment.  Obviously there's a lot going on that we don't see, along with plenty of editing, but I was genuinely surprised at the outcome.  

In regards to Mikaela, as soon as Chris said the wrong name, I knew it was over at that moment (throwback to Ross/Rachel/Emily!).  It was also painfully obvious what their "big announcement" would be as soon as she walked out on the After Show.  As much as I admire the honesty, it was kind of a downer for a finale. 

• Love 2

Well, that was a shitshow.  Chris may have thought he was ready, but obviously not, no matter how much his mother wants him to open up.  I'll continue to look around Streetsville and see if I see any of them.  This morning on the radio, Roz Weston played an audio clip of Mikaela.  She sounded quite drunk, called Chris a c********* and said she was living with Jessie in Toronto now. Roz said it's been deleted!

On 12/21/2017 at 1:23 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

I never understood why Chris went on the show in the first place when it was obvious that he was not ready to make a commitment.

Start a career in media is my guess.

• Love 1

Roz Weston also played that Mikaela audio clip on ET Canada.  She was doing a lot of backtracking in her interview.  I found it interesting that Lindsay said she has bought a one way ticket to Australia and plans to go in the new year for a new adventure.  Interesting that she can go to Australia and leave her family in BC.  Won't her sisters be upset she is so far away?

Chris says he has to learn to love himself before he can love someone else.  Sounds like he had not seen Mikaela in 4 months when they saw each other on the After Show.  

• Love 1