Type keyword(s) to search

CHiPs - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

My daughter and I are binge watching Scrubs right now, and low and behold, Erik Estrada graces my TV with his presence ... and I freaked!  I was like, DANG, and my daughter was like, WHAT?  I was like, that is PONCH, and she is like, WHO???  And I had to resist smacking her.  ::giggle::

I was, OMG, he still looks GOOD (sure this was in what, like 2004 or 2005?  But still.  Dang).

I always tell my friends I'm not partial to police officers (dating wise) and then I caught an episode of CHiPs on ME-TV and my memories of John Baker (Larry Wilcox) came rushing back.

When everyone was panting for Mr. Estrada , I was all for Larry :-) 0f course I was also 7 years old.

• Love 1

Ah....I haven't watched the show in years and have only been able to catch bits on MeTV.  I don't remember the other officer's names.   Just Worf, the blonde woman who was always on Battle of the Network Stars and Bruce Jenner before the surgery and cra cra.

• Love 2

What do you think of Larry, BBuzz?  Or anybody else out there.

Sorry it took me so long to get back here.

Larry?  At the time, I didn't find him all that hot, cause I wasn't into blondes.  Today, when I look back at the pics of these two, I find him a lot more attractive than I did back then.

Tastes sure do change.

• Love 1

Well the reason Erik will always be a bit ridiculous to me are the late night real estate scam infomercials he's done.

Here's one of the short ones (they usually run longer, since 3am infomercial time is cheap):

Edited by Kromm

I thought he had a lull where he didn't have much acting work, so maybe he did those to pay the bills?

Well, it depends on if he was just a talking head for them, or one of the owners of the "real estate developers".  These things are always scams though, and it doesn't speak well of him being involved.

I don't understand the furor over Sue's commentary.  Chips is on now, it's what Larry is known for , why would you not want to discuss it?

I am kind of lost, I don't know who Sue is, I gather she is someone that runs a fan site?

There is also apparently a Chips chat group.  Of course, I hope people will come here.

So-group round table-does anyone else find the little boy, Chris Roberts cute or irritating?  Is his mother worth it?  I think she and Jon had nice chemistry.

• Love 1

Sue's commentary doesn't bother me. I enjoy some of the behind the scenes info she has. I don't join in the weekend discussions she runs, though.

I did like Jon with the mother. It seemed like he was a serial dater. Did he ever date anyone for more than one episode?

So-group round table-does anyone else find the little boy, Chris Roberts cute or irritating? Is his mother worth it? I think she and Jon had nice chemistry.

You mean that annoying little blonde that "rode motorcycles" and constantly ran away from his apparently neglectful mother and fell in the river?