Type keyword(s) to search

Thomas Ravenel & Kathryn Dennis: Will He Put A Ring On It?

• Start Topic

If Kathryn thinks that Whitney's being in a band at 47 is some sort of mid-life crisis, she might want to take a look in the mirror. Thomas at 51 and bedding a 22 year old? Kathryn, you are Thomas' mid-life crisis!

• Love 11

In catching up on the reruns and I saw T-Rav's Glass Menagerie speech and so know my life is complete. But seriously how can JD who seems so normal and cool be such good friends with him.

• Love 3

I love that in the picture of his family all his siblings faces were blurred out like only his parents would agree to be seen on this show.

We know someone who is quite close with his family and has known him since he was a small child. Apparently he is a total jerk and always has been. His family is humiliated and are encouraging him to move to Palm Beach (where he plays a lot of polo). They want absolutely nothing to do with the show, which seems to be the general consensus in Charleston anyway.
  • Love 10

I love that in the picture of his family all his siblings faces were blurred out like only his parents would agree to be seen on this show.

Oh, I'd totally believe that.  I'm in SC, and while I don't personally know anyone in his family (thank god), he has a terrible reputation, and pretty much everyone agrees that he "ruined" the family name.  While he makes for highly entertaining reality TV, he's a total joke of a loser. 

• Love 3

But seriously how can JD who seems so normal and cool be such good friends with him.

I like JD a lot, he and Shep are the two guys on this show that I'd actually like to have as friends, but I think his friendship with T-Rav is a little pathetic. Have you ever noticed that JD always seems more happy and excited to see Thomas ("T-Rav-A-Nation!!!", "T-Rav is in the house, y'all!!!") than Thomas does to see him?

Thomas and JD have know each other for many years, but I think that for most of that time, Thomas probably didn't consider JD a close friend, just an acquaintance and occasional drinking buddy. I get the same vibe from JD that I do from Craig: a solid upper-middle-class background, in no way under-privileged, but without the old Southern lineage or inherited wealth that would place him in the top drawer. He seems quite successful, but he's probably had to work hard for everything he has and that's not something that a snob like Thomas would respect.

Then T-Rav crashed and burned and went to prison. When he got out, a large section of upper-crust Charleston gave him the cold shoulder and suddenly he was alone. JD was there to take the place of the old friends Thomas had lost. And for JD, it was like being the nerd who finally gets invited to eat lunch with the cool kids in the cafeteria. And being on the show as T-Rav's best friend (and godfather at that ridiculous "second christening") makes it official.

• Love 6

Ooh, Mhl2016, more please! I love to hear about this mess in their natural habitat.

Unfortunately, she is actually a very good friend to the family so she refuses to divulge all the truly juicy details. It's very frustrating. I try to dig as much as I can, but the way she talks about it, you can tell it's truly horrifying to the family and she feels like it would be a betrayal to really go into it as much as I would like her to. Basically, Thomas is a jerk, always has been. The baby of the family by quite a lot and spoiled to death by the mother. Dad is also a jerk and philanderer so the apple didn't fall far from the tree. The family actually really liked Katherine after the first season, but now things are a total embarrassing mess (don't know details but apparently would be embarrassing even if not being documented on national television). He was very successful in the real estate, did it on his own, but the name certainly helped. This show is more humiliating to the family than his jail time, if that's possible.
  • Love 11

I like JD a lot, he and Shep are the two guys on this show that I'd actually like to have as friends, but I think his friendship with T-Rav is a little pathetic. Have you ever noticed that JD always seems more happy and excited to see Thomas ("T-Rav-A-Nation!!!", "T-Rav is in the house, y'all!!!") than Thomas does to see him?

Thomas and JD have know each other for many years, but I think that for most of that time, Thomas probably didn't consider JD a close friend, just an acquaintance and occasional drinking buddy. I get the same vibe from JD that I do from Craig: a solid upper-middle-class background, in no way under-privileged, but without the old Southern lineage or inherited wealth that would place him in the top drawer. He seems quite successful, but he's probably had to work hard for everything he has and that's not something that a snob like Thomas would respect.

Then T-Rav crashed and burned and went to prison. When he got out, a large section of upper-crust Charleston gave him the cold shoulder and suddenly he was alone. JD was there to take the place of the old friends Thomas had lost. And for JD, it was like being the nerd who finally gets invited to eat lunch with the cool kids in the cafeteria. And being on the show as T-Rav's best friend (and godfather at that ridiculous "second christening") makes it official.

That's a very likely scenario. It's not like JD is even the right age for him to have grown up with Thomas, and we've yet to see Thomas with any high school or even old college friends.

• Love 1

My thoughts on JD are that he's basically a really good guy with a lovely family. However, being a restaurant owner, it would not surprise me at all to learn that he and Thomas were drinking and snorting buddies during Thomas' period of some pretty serious usage. Thomas likes to tell the story that he was just giving it to his friends, not selling, etc. Some of the trendiest restaurants where all the young, beautiful rich people like to party are the perfect place to get your drug of choice. It's like the answer a friend of mine gave during a Red Cross blood drive where we worked. When asked "Have you ever had sex in exchange for drugs?" and my friend answered "Does college count?" :)

The difference between the two is that JD cannot afford to lose his restaurant due to stupid choices. So he may or may not have indulged with Thomas just to be his buddy and hope in exchange Thomas would bring all his rich buddies to the restaurant. Thomas could care less because he's got plenty of money to sleep on at night. I see JD as the tiller that tries to keep Thomas steered in the right direction. Until Thomas takes the helm and dives head first into the whitewater rapids.

• Love 3

I had originally responded to a similar query about JD and T-Rav's friendship in the episode thread. Moving it here instead:

I recall last season T-Rav saying that back in their wild partying days, JD was his big party animal buddy but T-Rav went to prison and JD got married, implying they're both completely different people who cleaned up their acts. They even showed old pictures of the two of them--and they did look wasted in every one. Granted, you probably couldn't take a picture today of them without a drink in hand. Yet, today they stand around in their bowties drinking scotch on the rocks and pontificating life lessons. Back in the day I imagine them downing tequila straight from the bottle and snorting coke off of hookers. Perhaps hookers weren't involved, but T-Rav made it clear that he went to jail because he gave the likes of JD coke at his parties.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 1

I wonder if it's pissing T-Rav off that the opening credits have been changed this season and he has to share his intro with Kathryn. It's now "Whitney", "Shep" "Kathryn-and-Thomas", "Cameran", etc.

• Love 1

Apparently Thomas has had yet another Facebook meltdown today and announced yet another breakup with Kathryn. The rant has since been deleted but several sites have screen grabs of his meltdown.

• Love 3

He either has money in the bank or enough passive income that he's bored, so he's thinking of politics and failing that, it must be the reality star route for him.

Polo must not be enough.

• Love 4

Oh, CooksDelight, you must document the whole trip!

Thomas really must be bored and looking for drama. I've felt all along that the idea of impregnating a girl (he would think "girl") was a big excitement for him because he had little else going on in his privileged life. He is in his 50s and needed to settle down, find an "anchor" rather than spin on in the party life. He also needed to redeem himself in his family's/friends' eyes. Unfortunately, he picked a girl too young for him and didn't wait for a decent relationship to develop. So now we've got this high-schoolish reality TV behavior.

• Love 1

He gives Mount Pleasant as where he's living now. LOL!!! That's where Cameran wanted to show Kathryn home listings.

My ex-husband grew up in Mount Pleasant and his mother still lives there.  Oy, maybe they could get her 70 something pot smoking ass on TV as a foil for Pat.

• Love 3

My ex-husband grew up in Mount Pleasant and his mother still lives there. Oy, maybe they could get her 70 something pot smoking ass on TV as a foil for Pat.

I vote to see this! Are you listening, Whitney?

This was posted on Katherine's Facebook today and then deleted:

"Thomas Ravenel had sex with one of my best friends while I was pregnant. I typically never retaliate, or rather acknowledge such disgusting behavior. However, since he chooses to publicize our life, here's just a *tid bit* of the truth."

My response, which was not posted!!  **shakes fists**

Boom. You go girl. Your hand was obviously forced. When little boys force an issue, you just gotta speak the truth. Been there. Maybe he will learn to keep his mouth shut and his penis in his pants!

You're welcome Kat!

• Love 6

I think they are both unbalanced and have a crazy dysfunctional relationship, I mean she also slept with one of his good friends and lied about it even if they were "on a break," perhaps they were on a break when he slept with her friend, they are on and off so much. I am not defending him they are just both so immature and ridiculous she at least bas the excuse of being 23, though that only goes so far because I know tweens who are more mature than both of them.

• Love 4

True....the relationship is bound to be volatile! I think T-Rav would be able to settle down somewhat with a woman closer to his age who is more confident in her own skin. I think he would benefit from that type of relationship.

True....the relationship is bound to be volatile! I think T-Rav would be able to settle down somewhat with a woman closer to his age who is more confident in her own skin. I think he would benefit from that type of relationship.

If I had to vote who will successfully settle down first my vote goes to............. Kensington.

• Love 7

I agree. He was married when he was 32 didn't work out, been engaged more than once and left beverage cart girl at the alter. Beverage cart girl must thank her lucky stars everyday. I hope she watches and cackles with glee!

• Love 4

I'm sure he's a barrel of drunken fun at parties, and he strikes me as a very generous host, but I couldn't ever marry T-Rav unless we both knew it was a firmly wide-open arrangement for either party. Poor Kathryn apparently thought she would be the one to "change" Thomas(typical young woman mistake with older playboys), but he's obviously way too settled into his older bachelor lifestyle to ever buy into it, at least with a naggy, fun-sucking gloomy tart like her.

I think T-Rav is merely in love with the idea of being in love as a happy couple/family, but is just too spoiled and immature himself to ever work at being a happy couple/family.

He obviously buys into his woman being the typical housewife he provides for though; it just surprises me when these dumb chicks like Kathryn actually consider him good relationship material---the man is a boozy womanizer and felon with an apparent sex/party-addiction. That leopard obviously ain't changing his spots while he can still snag chicks and get it up!

It's a shame Kathryn is too immature/insecure to just go with the flow and learn to play the role of the eternally easygoing goodtime-girl of T-Rav's dreams, because that is the *only* way she could possibly snag any sort of engagement ring from him.

That's the thing about typical political wives like Jackie O or even typical trophy wives---you marry a rich playboy, you'd better learn to look the other way and keep it light, lovely and lively on the homefront.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 4
This was posted on Katherine's Facebook today and then deleted:

They both do this post-and-delete thing, which seems to be their way of getting the "truth" out there and then pretending they didn't. I get the impression Thomas posts when drunk late at night. I don't imagine Kathryn is getting drunk that often with an infant at home so I guess she just gets angry/upset and then, after leaving her post up long enough for a number of people to read it or get screen grabs, she hits "delete". Soooo teenage!

• Love 1

Daaaaamn! Their FB feeds have more drama than the show!

*grabs popcorn*

Thanks to everyone who has been keeping an eye on their social media! YOU are the true heroes!

• Love 4

Someone mentioned it either here, or in the episode thread, about how distracting Kathryn's THs are. The switchup in hairstyles and clothes is fast. I've even noticed that she'll be talking, then they go to a clip from the show, then back on her....and her hairstyle has changed totally. But she'll be wearing the same outfit.

Her hair has a life all of it's own. Her hair needs it's own Twitter page.

• Love 5

On tonight's episode, one of her talking heads even looked like she was 20 pounds lighter(and I don't mean just lighter fake eyelashes---she looked as skinny as her pre-baby self!).

Anyone else catch that? Her hair was much lighter and scraped off her face in some wacky 90's/Adrienne Franze half-do too.

It looked like a completely different person, so I'm assuming it's from her most recently-filmed TH's.

• Love 1

Maybe the show didn't portray the relationship accurately but didn't they pretty much jump into bed right away?  She was depicted as being on a mission, going from one wealthy guy to another.

And he wanted to pursue Dani but then saw this 20 year old offering herself.

Maybe at one point he thought there was something more.

But now, she's a nag (or coming across as one on S2) and with his money and some measure of celebrity, he can get some strange, which seems to be all that he's interested in.

Even if he's no longer with Kathryn, there's no indication that he's looking for anything serious.

I certainly hope Kathryn dumps that "best friend" that allegedly had sex with old TRav.  It's bad enough that TRav cheats on her (but honestly, who here is surprised?) but to have a best friend do that to you?  No way.  If women respected each other more, this crap wouldn't happen nearly as much.

Anyhow, the fact that TRav basically admitted that he didn't want Kathryn (and Kensie) in his political ads shows that the idiot has no plans to truly settle down and grow up.  Instead of fighting to get a ring on her finger, Kathryn should be grateful she's not married to that douchebag and make sure she's set up for child support. 

I do think her hair was looking fairly decent last night and even her makeup (a long way from the Hozo the Clown phase she was stuck in last season) but someone needs to explain spider lashes to her and how they don't work on everyone.

• Love 3

Thomas reminds me a LOT of Joe Morrissey of Richmond, VA. Google to find out what he's been up to. Three children out of wedlock, possibly a fourth that came about when he had sex with a 17-yr-old. Thomas cannot run for office in SC, maybe he should just stick to what he does best...real estate. And keep a steady supply of condoms handy.

• Love 2