Type keyword(s) to search

Thomas Ravenel & Kathryn Dennis: Will He Put A Ring On It?

• Start Topic

If that's wrong, I don't want to be right. My head raises all the proper objections to him and his character, but damn. There is just something about him that I find irresistible. Lord help me (us)!

Of course, I also wouldn't kick Shep out of bed for eating crackers.

Lord help me, I am there! I don't know what it is about T-Rav and Shep. On paper they are bad, bad, bad ideas....and I want to be bad! Maybe I should move to the south. I seem to like the men.

• Love 4

To a lesser degree with T Rav but definitely with Shep, I think part of the charm is that they seem to just own that they are man children who don't want a commitment.  They aren't ashamed of it exactly but realize it's a character flaw.  It's almost refreshing.  Again, Lord help me!!

I think T Rav just wants to be relevant.  He had hoped for a revived political career, which didn't happen for obvious reasons.  So, at least he's getting a modicum of celebrity and people are wanting to talk to him and about him.  It's kind of sad.

I'll comfort him.

• Love 2
I think T Rav just wants to be relevant.  He had hoped for a revived political career, which didn't happen for obvious reasons.  So, at least he's getting a modicum of celebrity and people are wanting to talk to him and about him.  It's kind of sad.

He seems to need drama and attention, and this is big drama. Just being a businessman and real estate developer doesn't put him in the spotlight enough, and he doesn't have a wife and family to keep him occupied the way JD does.  

It kinda blows my mind that he had a baby with Katherine.  I mean to me he's a ladies man and has likely been around the block more than a few times, and considering his age - and then he goes and gets a 21 year old knock up right off the bat!  I would assume he's been very careful in the past because of his money. 

And if she was looking to trap someone then honestly she made a good choice.  She likely won't get the marriage but she's probably set for life having his baby.

• Love 1

I wonder if the reason TRav sold the city house was so that he could play, while Kathryn is over an hour away. He did seem to be able to hookup with someone quite quickly, so it seems like he had someone waiting in the wings. It seems like her being jealous and worried had some validity to it. 

• Love 2

Thomas is taking his vitriol out on Cameran on his Facebook page, stating that she should've stayed behind the makeup counter rather than going into real estate. I think he's still butthurt from when Cameran said in season one that she found sleeping with a man as old as Thomas repulsive. I doubt very much that he gives two shits about Kathryn's honor.

• Love 1

He's got a lot of haters on his page, that's for sure.

I don't get that sense Cooks.  I bet she pouts, stomps etc but I think Thomas is smitten with Kathryn and wishing he was 22 again himself.

I wish I could be as optimistic as you. :) I just don't see them lasting.

While it is unlikely I would vote for the man, I would totally wear the shit out of a "TRav for Senate" t-shirt!

Oh, yes, we need to make those up and hand them out on the Tour Bus of Debauchery.

• Love 3

Sounds like he really doesn't have a daily work routine.  He has money in the bank from past deals and he apparently has income from property leases that he has property management companies manage.

So he's got a lot of free time, probably idle and bored.

Maybe he does the show because it gets him some groupies.

• Love 1

He goes into town to work, at an office, somewhere. Leaving Kathryn on the plantation.

The earlier links show he wishes now he could get out of this show. But he didn't seem to mind flying to NYC to sit down and chat with Andy on WWHL the other night.

I think TRav is butthurt that Cameron has always been immune to his 'charms'.  In the show that just aired she actually had the least amount of negative things to say  about him and/or Katherine.  If he is angry at anyone it should be Whitney.  

I think he does a lot of drunk posting, hence all the retractions, and deletions.  He is a great character to watch on TV, but would be nightmare to know in person!   

• Love 6

How odd that he's badmouthing Cameran, of all the cast members.  Those posts certainly aren't very gentlemanly at all.  He sounds like a tween girl with a burn book. 

• Love 7

Besides Cameran, he'd be hurting Whitney by badmouthing the show.

Maybe they're not such good friends.

As for Cam, well she did dish up a lot of snark at TRav's expense.

On WWHL, TRav was drunk as a skunk.  One of the show's callers asked if TRav had been somewhere before the show (he was drinking bourbon on the show) and he said he did go to a party.  But I could tell he was more than a little bit tipsy.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2

T-Rav is certainly no Shep. He's got an ego the size of the Ravenel Bridge. Cameran keeps it real in those talking heads. I'm sure her words had to sting both he and Kathryn.

• Love 2

If Thomas can't roll with what's said about him on this show, how in the hell did he expect to have a career in politics? You've got to have super-thick skin for politics, and a suave way to talk yourself out of sticky situations. Neither of which Thomas has, especially when he's had a snootful.

• Love 9

If Thomas can't roll with what's said about him on this show, how in the hell did he expect to have a career in politics? You've got to have super-thick skin for politics, and a suave way to talk yourself out of sticky situations. Neither of which Thomas has, especially when he's had a snootful.

Or when he's been in his cups.  He practically accused Andy Cohen of "making him" run for the senate, he was like, "I spend a million dollars of my own money, and I only got 3%."  WTF?  The man was bombed.

I think Thomas wants to be hip and cool, but he comes across desperate and sad to me.  I think Whitney and Shep were laughing at him.  Thomas thinks he's slick and then gets Kathryn pregnant.  I think Thomas loves his little girl, but I wonder if he really wanted to get married and have children or if he felt it was something he was supposed to do.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7

But I could tell he was more than a little bit tipsy.

Oh yeah. He's that classic Southern type who has learned to drink heavily and still carry on a semi-coherant conversation. 

• Love 1

Don't bite the hand the feeds you, T-Rav. We know you don't need the money...so why is it again you went on the show?

Here is his senate debate. Take from it what you will. I cannot tell for sure but is he wearing light-colored socks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Bxp39MAk0

I think he won that debate, hands down, even with white socks.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 1

I'm already tired of Thomas's "I hate the show-I-quit-I'm kidding -back on-no really-this time I really mean it- I quit- Kayhryn and I are together- no we're not-yes we are-no we're not- yes we are- no we're not" crap.

• Love 1

If he's housing her and the baby, after a certain amount of time, wouldn't they become common law husband and wife?

If they were in a state like CA with more pro-woman laws, it could also be argued that he started providing financial support (housing, medical expenses for the mother and baby, other living expenses) and that she got used to a certain life style.

So she could sue for a high dollar-mount of child support?

• Love 1

If he's housing her and the baby, after a certain amount of time, wouldn't they become common law husband and wife?

I don't know if this law is still in effect or not, but at one time if you lived under the same roof with someone for more than 48 hours in South Carolina, you were considered common-law spouses. A guy who was a friend of a friend got slapped with spousal support payments after spending a week with a girl there. I am betting if the law is still in effect -- and even if it isn't -- Thomas will pay whatever he needs to for his daughter. Kathryn may be another story.

I can't believe he said something along the lines of, "I've opened shopping centers throughout the Southeast, but the baby is the greatest thing I've ever created." He said it as though people might suggest that the shopping centers were the greater accomplishment.

I liked him much better before the baby and Kathryn. They are both responsible for what will undoubtedly be a shitty situation, but he's older--he should have known better.

Did Thomas have some awesome business success which allowed him to take the properties off the market?  Or, were there no takers at his price?  

I'd also love to know if by having his baby mama live there, at his insistence, for as long as he has, has he entered into a common law marriage?  He reeeeeeally needed to be on good terms with her for his insane run for the Senate.  Now, he just may have to pay a dear price for putting up that front.

Does anyone know if the Ravenels and the Calhouns have a political history with/against each other?  

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 1

Remember he tried to get together with the blond, one of Shep's exes.

She rejected him because he's been in prison and then he turned and there was Kathryn.  It was like one of those closing time situations got to go home with just anyone situations for him.

• Love 3

Remember he tried to get together with the blond, one of Shep's exes.

She rejected him because he's been in prison and then he turned and there was Kathryn.  It was like one of those closing time situations got to go home with just anyone situations for him.

I had such bad secondhand awkwardness watching TRav try to kiss Dani as she was getting into her car. Talk about reading the situation wrong...

• Love 1

Regarding common law marriage, I don't know any particularities of SC law but my recollection from law school is that you have to hold yourself out as married in order for common law marriage to occur.  So as long as T Rav doesn't start calling her the Little Missus and/or allow her to call him Hubby without correction he should be fine.

In season 1, he was clear that he wanted a WIFE and child for political reasons, but along the way I guess he realized that Kathryn's not the right one for him (and vice versa for her) and changed his mind about the marriage part. Perhaps concurrently with his Senate bid tanking.

I think TRav thought he wanted a wife and child because of his age.  He brought up his age a few times last season and insinuated that maybe it was time to find the right woman and have a child.  I don't think he truly wants to settle down. 

And Kathryn, bless her heart, isn't exactly a mature 22 or 23 year old.  I would say she's more like a 16 year old the way she acts.

• Love 3