Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

ShaNaeNae
  • Start Topic

Just wondering what his plan is. Does he know he has to sleep with her once or twice after marriage or does he have an excuse all ready for the wedding night? 

Well, now you have me putting on my strategy cap....here are the potential excuses

1. Get her super drunk and then when she wakes up in the morning tell her that the sex was awesome

2. Just lay really close to her and tell her that she must not be able to feel it, but that it happened, and he had a great time

3. Tell her that he spoke to a religious elder, and as it turns out, he can't have sex until he is an American citizen

4. Tell her that he spoke to a religious elder, and Danielle is going to have to convert to Islam before they can have sex

5. Claim that he fell down and sprained his pee pee and the doctor won't allow sex for at least a year

Edited by RealityGal
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Where the hell to begin with this show. Not much to add to everyone else's comments about the horror that is this program.

There are those times when one sees someone doing something on TV or in person and as you watch you become so terribly embarrassed that you feel it throughout your entire being. This is the reaction I get every time I see Mohammed and Danielle. It's like Duck Dynasty meets Tunisia.

Justin is a total dickbag. You never get a second chance to make a first impression and his whole demeanor when she just arrived here was classless and piggish. There's something very phony about him. I don't think he is acting but he just has zero personality. His gal looks like such a nice, sweet person.

Danny is someone that I have a hard time looking at without gagging due to his terrible looking hair. He reeks of a mix of some really weird Christian vibe but the gaydar pings as well. That or he has just been so sheltered that he is totally naive and has zero life experience. The dinner table scene was creepy with people throwing questions at her.

The big lipped guy that laughs oddly is a total weirdo with no balls. Again, first impressions sank this gal with me immediately. What a bitch. If he's a single guy with a good job, why is he living in a room with others and not in his own place? Four in a bed? One is a total stranger? Yikes.

The guy that lives with his father is another dude without balls. Why bother with someone if all you are doing is fighting and it's pretty early in the relationship? Does he think it will get better? She will stop being a bitch at time goes on? He is in for some surprise. The other weird thing about that guy was that he looks like a completely different person in the talking head than he does when shown at home with his father.

I'm so looking forward to the snark here as this trainwreck keeps a rollin.

• Love 5

Well, now you have me putting on my strategy cap....here are the potential excuses

1. Get her super drunk and then when she wakes up in the morning tell her that the sex was awesome

2. Just lay really close to her and tell her that she must not be able to feel it, but that it happened, and he had a great time

3. Tell her that he spoke to a religious elder, and as it turns out, he can't have sex until he is an American citizen

4. Tell her that he spoke to a religious elder, and Danielle is going to have to convert to Islam before they can have sex

5. Claim that he fell down and sprained his pee pee and the doctor won't allow sex for at least a year

OMG! So clever and funny, RealityGal. Number 5 made me lol, so I'm hoping that's the excuse that MoBaby grabs on to.

Judging from her fb posts, Danielle is now bordering on stubbornly delusional and pathetic, to me. I feel very sorry for her daughters.

• Love 2

I wonder why Jason flew to Rio to pick up Cassia? All the other fiancees flew into the US by themselves.

It's doubly surprising because Jason is so unbearably cheap! Those potato chips in his suitcase are a very bad sign.

Maybe he knew in his heart that Cassia would never get on that plane by herself, so he plans to physically strap her in her seat?

I also wonder about his overall health. His nailbeds are all very discolored.

Can't wait for tonight's new episode.

• Love 3

Danielle' s arms need sleeves at all times.

Danny the Marionette is quite diminutive.

Jason is 38 going on 72. His Dad seems more youthful than Jason. When Cassia said she likes that Jason is quite patient, I wondered if that means sex hasn't been a part of their life yet? I wouldn't blame her, but she's a player.

And Jason couldn't be bothered to clean his room and the pool before hot girl came home! For godsake! I guess he thought that just his animal-magnetic personality and sex appeal would blind Cassia to the filth and pestilence. But at least he made up for it at that 5-star gourmet salad bar, where he wore his formal tee and shorts! ATTN American single ladies: look at what you are missing out on!

Too many ignorant buttinsky in-laws tonight. I had to laugh at Brett's mom dissing Daya and expressing concern for her special-snowflake son. She should be happy that any woman has a romantic interest in him at all.

And Jason's dad is way too overinvested in his son! It's as though he's in love with him and jealous of Cassias attention. When he wore the clown getup because he KNEW Cassia hates clowns...whoa! I'm sure she'll split in 90 days or less, so dad will be fine.

The nonsense in the bar with the working girls hitting on Mohamed was comical. A producer setup if ever I saw one.

I really hate seeing Mo and Danielle next to each other. She is so cloying and clingy, and he's always got an invisible bubble over his head that screams, "You disgust me!"

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 8

Ill be back in "Two and Two" complete with the Chuck Woolery hand gesture. WHOLEY CRAPBALLS!!# would have run screaming out the door and NEVER looked back

Mo actually seems sweet. I must have drank some Tunisian koolaid

Edited by Christi
  • Love 2

The best thing about today's show was next week's preview.

Mohamed, repressing his rage in front of the cameras: "You lied to me.  You made me lose everything I had there.  You didn't tell me you had problems."

Grandma Danielle in her waif little girl voice: "I was afraid you were going to le-e-e-eave!"

But she has money to buy a dress like some virgin debutante, and coos in front of the daughters that parent her for their approval?

That Norwalk dive bar is the diviest dive joint I've ever seen.  The women were gross and drunk.  Thank you for being pushy ambassadors for one night stands with foreigners. 

Mohamed calls upon his Muslim faith to avoid sex before marriage, but beer is OK.  Wink wink nudge nudge.  Good call.

This guy must now realize that however things were in Tunisia or Qatar, Danielle's Norwalk OH is way worse.

So Cassia is after a modelling career.  Why did she ask Jason if he'd move to Brazil?  She's trying to keep it under control but the psycho is shining through.   I am glad she didn't hide her disgust with the alligator pool, the bedroom Jason was too lazy to tidy up even for a super hot Brazilian model that flew 6000 miles just to get there, the lame salad bar, and the old people in the small town.  You made a bad decision, Cassia!

Daya's diamond was real.  As in real cheap because there was a lump of coal inside. 

Yamir had the good sense to realize that the ZZtop tribute band audience wouldn't care for his Latin boy band music.

• Love 5

These are awful statements I'm about to make. I know it, but it's my lasting take away from this episode. The four girls sitting on the sofa watching Danielle try on wedding gowns all looked off. When they cut to them they all had a dumb & vacant expression. I felt like they'd all be lucky to learn how to be a stocker at the local Stuff Mart & that aiming for checker might be aiming too high. No way was the football game, drinking buddies, hookup lesson & drunken lizard lady not all a set up. This couple gives me the creeps.

I'm still learning names so forgive me. Latino Pop & his girl actually seem to care about each other. His awe at all things American made me smile. South Africa & family boy also seem to honestly care. He appears to need to grow up but he seems sincere.

Then there's Fake Diamond & freaky face. I don't get them. She seems uninterested in him most of the time & I can picture him turning into an ugly stalker. That is if the two golden girls he lives with didn't take away his car privileges. I still can't get past him not planning on sleeping arrangements for his daughter. Idiot.

The new woman, Cassia I think, smells like 100% user. Not that she found her a prize. Boyfriend is living the retirement village life with his dad. And daddy-o made it sound like it's been a long term proposition. Maybe there could be some cross pollination & he could meet the golden girls & they could fix him up with a friend.

• Love 7

It's obvious that NONE of these people put ANY thought into preparing for their fiancés' arrival.

How in God's name could Jason NOT be embarrassed by that green pool and pig sty bedroom?  A work in progress?  Is he kidding?  And when his dad said that he and Jason are a team, I screamed "at doing what?!!"  Obviously, not keeping up their house or property.  Had I just left my life behind and flown thousands of miles to be with a person, and he didn't care enough to make my new home look presentable, I'd be considering the next flight home.  Also, did dad really say Cassia will "see her place or not see her place"?  Cassia may be a bitch, but even she doesn't deserve to have to put up with Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber.  

Danny can't get it through his head that Amy needs alone time with him, and actually seems to have a problem sacrificing anything for the relationship, while she has sacrificed everything to be with him.  Parking her out in the middle of nowhere with his brother was another well thought out plan - NOT. 

Brett basically dumps his kid on Daya to be his live in baby sitter for a whole month, expecting her to figure out how to build a relationship with Cassidy without any help from him, not to mention not making acceptable sleeping arrangements.

Chelsia should have stayed in Nicaragua where Yamir could make a living.  Does she really think he's going to be happy living in a small town in the Midwest where he has no musical opportunities?  A meat packing plant?  Really?

Then there's poor, delusional Danielle.  Mohamed will get tired of dealing with her clingy, blubbering ass real quick, and I won't blame him one bit for skipping out on her, even though I think he's a jerk for using her in the first place.

I have a hard time believing that ANY of the transplants are going to end up staying and marrying any of these losers.  If they have half a brain, they'll all be on a plane home at the end of the 90 days.

• Love 10

* Danielle will never not be ridiculous to me.  How can she not see that Mohammed is taking her for a ride?  In the totally set-up bar scene, the 40-something neighborhood hussy was driving pretty hard for Mohammed.  His constant demure statements about how such things would never fly in Tunisia ring very false to me.  There's no way he didn't know what hooking up meant.  As for Danielle, her own family doesn't even seem to respect her.  I would die if I were trying on wedding dresses and my children or siblings lined up on the couch in front of me said I looked like Shrek.  I mean . . . goddamn.  Those people don't exactly look like supermodels themselves.

* Cassia and What's-His-Face.  Come on, man.  You're 38.  At the very least, clean up your bedroom and get the green slime out of the pool before you bring someone home from halfway around the world to marry.  I still like Dad, but coming out to meet Cassia in a clown suit was a bit much.  Also, Cassia is deluded if she thinks she's going to come to America and just jump right into modeling.  

* Danny and Amy.  I still love Amy and think she's a sweet girl who's in way over her head.  I don't see Danny actually committing to taking time away from his family in order to get to know Amy one-on-one.  He said it feels like too much of a weight on his shoulders to shift his attention from his family to his future wife?  Suck it up, Danny.  You brought her here to marry you.  Time to act like it.

* Chelsea and Yamir.  I feel for Yamir so much.  Yes, he's an adult who made his own decision to leave everything behind, but he just seems so vulnerable to me.  He will absolutely regret that decision with time.  I didn't see any ill-intent in Chelsea's mothers' suggestion that Yamir work at a meat-packing plant.  What, exactly, are his options at this point?  I can't help but think that if Yamir and his boy band had really been the superstars Chelsea claims they were, he probably wouldn't (and certainly shouldn't) have left Nicaragua.  (Yamir's "Ho, ho, ho!" when he saw the chimney was adorable.)

* Mama's Boy and the so-called "insta-mom."  First of all, she is not an insta-mom to his daughter.   If I were her mom, I would be furious at this situation, but hats off to her for keeping things civil for their daughter's sake.  I'm divorced and I know precisely how hard it can be, especially when you're dealing with an irresponsible idiot who thinks it's okay to force his 6-year-old daughter to sleep in the same bed with some woman she just met.  As for the ridiculous ring drama, I would have bypassed the jeweler's and dropped her ass off at the airport with a one-way ticket, black spot on the diamond or not.  That was beyond wrong.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 9

Mohamed making the quick friends, playing football and going out for drinks and horney bar flies screamed TLC Set up to me. How can his religion ban meat but not alcohol?

Danielle should really be getting a wedding gown with sleeves. Just sayin...

If Cassia is going to be a model girlfriend better do something with her hair. I don't think this is going to last anyway. They look like they are living in a senior community. And Jason didn't even bother to clean his room or that Slimey pool. SHe looked disgusted.

Good luck Yamir trying to start a music career in Galesburg, IL.

Glad Daya's ring is real. My diamond is real too but it does have tiny black specks in it, I was told they were carbon particles.

• Love 3

Mohammed's segment seemed like it was a 100% producer driven plot point complete with professional bar flies. Mo couldn't give a damn that Danielle was leaving for work. It seemed like he turned away last minute and what was meant to be a kiss on the lips turned into a kiss on the cheek. Smooth.

Out of all of the prospective newlyweds I Iike Amy the best. I will reiterate what I said last week - GIRL RUN!!! As each week passes, he just exhibits such cluelessness and obtuseness that he really isn't worth the enormity of her sacrifices. Add that with the BS piling on that his father has a problem with her race and I really think she needs to throw up the deuces and catch the next thing smoking out of that place. Tired of Danny bringing that shit up actually. If it was such an issue, than why fucking propose to begin with. He made a choice to defy daddy dearest so either dad will deal or GTFOH! He acts like he is looking for approval. Also, having actually established a relationship in a more organic way as opposed to the internet meets featured prominently on this show, these two have no on screen chemistry to me. I don't think he wants to be alone with her. My side eye for him has gone from a 2 to a 7. Daddy has a problem with IR marriage, but how does he feel about some of Danny's more 'zesty' friends? Anyone remember the dude who drove Danny to the airport to pick up Amy?

Jason and Dad are basically living in the town version of Shady Pines Retirement Home. Did Jason take Cassia to the early bird special? Cassia, the least worrisome thing about that house is the wood/tile flooring. I thought Swamp Thing was gonna raise up out of that pool. I thought Dad and Jasion were making a show of trying to clean it last week. I would also love to know what Jason was so busy with Cassia? It damn sure wasn't cleaning. How could he bring Cassia to that sty? Starting to think that is producer driven too. Seemed like that is the story for all the guys on the show. No one bothers to clean or wash dishes before the fiancee arrives. Cassie wants to be a model? She ain't ugly but there is something a bit down market about her looks.

Did Chelsea want Yamir to get killed up in that bitch?!? I don't know how she could even suggest he get up on stage and perform at that place. Seems he has more sense and can read a room better than Chelsea can. No boy band type would have done well. Also have to say, that the sample they played of his music sounded like it was highly studio manipulated i.e, I could definitely hear the autotune. That pizza looked turrible. Is Wisconsin known for having good pizza? I know they got good cheese. I hope Yamir doesn't judge American pizza based on that place. Maybe one day he and Chelsea could travel to NYC, Chicago, LA, etc., and try the American pizza that people go on about.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 12

Cassia's eyeliner looks terrible. She obviously came to America to become a model. Everytime Jason was shown on the talking head, he looks like he just wants to disappear.

Danielle's daughter telling her she looked like Shrek in the dress was pretty sad. All of them sat there like giant lumps.

I laughed when Yamir was imitating Santa Clause in regards to the chimney. I think he and Chelsea are the most "real" couple on the show.

Danielle looks super pathetic in next week's preview. She is so clingy and desperate, that it is really pathetic to watch. There are so many red flags with Mohammed, that it is so easy to tell that Danielle is in major denial. She needs to get herself together and dump Mohammed and actually take care of her kids.

• Love 5

Do any of these people have access to Googlemaps in their countries to know that they would be going to the middle of nowhere? At the very least, I would've asked for some videos of my potential new home to know if the person was a hoarder or living out their Golden Girls fantasies or that damn, to see that pools should not be green especially if the tile is blue. Good luck with that modeling career in the Shady Pines retirement community. There's probably a lot of demand for bikinis from octogenarians.

Auto shows, meat packing plants, racist in laws, and emotionally stunted and unstable middle-aged women with a ton of children and possible financial issues versus metropolitan South Africa, beautiful Brazilian beaches, and a once in a lifetime singing career. Where does one sign up? I just don't think there's enough love in the world to conquer all.

What exactly did Chelsea have to go home to? I would rather play groupie until the wheels fell off the boy band thing and teach Yamir to speak English while on tour in plush hotels.

• Love 10

Re Danny and Amy: Amy said it was difficult for her when Danny showered in her living quarters, and she did actually seem horny when Danny came out of the bathroom. Danny, otoh, is not putting out any kind of physical attraction vibe toward his fiance. Maybe that's his coping mechanism because of their abstinence decision? But, he continues to get on my nerves for other reasons, too.

Boohoo, Amy wants his attention and he can't handle that? And Dad is against interracial marriage -- for the umpteenth time. Is Danny hoping dear old dad will stop this wedding at any cost? And, dude, get rid of those trousers you put on after your shower! The color! I actually thought he was in his underwear at first.

Amy seems like a cool girl and much too good for selfish, confused Danny.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 6

The reason I didn't like the suggestion that Yamir work at the meat packing plant is because it is not forward thinking. It is going to hold him back. If he's working grueling days, he will take longer in learning English and trying to figure out his career path. I still think Chelsea and Yamir were very short sighted in leaving when they did. If he got some attention, he could actually come to America on his own visa (O-1 etc) especially if he proved to be extraordinary. In some ways, I hold Chelsea more responsible, because she knows exactly what they are going back to. In a lot of countries, America is still the land of dreams and opportunity and wealth, so he may not have understood the reality. Plus, her pushing him for the open mic also made me think she's a little naive and maybe a little selfish. It was not the right crowd, and he isn't that type of singer from what we have seen in the show. Instead, they should encourage him to spend that time (since I think he can't legally work anyway) to take classes at the local college. I still think they should have moved to a city, where there was more opportunity for him. 

It looked like Chelsea's parents took a little time to add trinkets from Nicaragua to the basement, and to give it some color. I thought that was sweet of them.  

• Love 9

I think Jason and Cassia have one of those relationships (and I use the term relationship loosely) where one person is constantly testing the other to see how far they can push. I'm not coming to the airport from Cassia, I didn't clean my room or the pool from Jason. THen he takes her to the all you can eat buffet with the old folks? Come on, he was just pushing her to see if she would reject him. I get what he's doing, but it's not a great way to endear yourself to someone. How exactly is she going to model from the retirement community? And stop with eyeliner. WTF is wrong with Jason's dad? I thought the clown thing was weird. So if Cassia said her great fear was snakes, would you have greeted her in the driveway with a python. Cassie wants to be a bikini model? Um, ok. I hope Jason realizes that the market for bikini models in the Tampa area tends to be in strip clubs or bikini bars (which are topless clubs where the women only wear a bikini bottom). So what's Cassia supposed to do at his dad's house?. Did anyone catch what Jason does for a living? 

Danny pinged my gaydar so bad last night. I wonder if this rush into marriage has something to do with that. It's almost like he's scared of Amy. I don't think the problem is that he doesn't trust himself, he is frightened at the prospect of being alone with her. 

Producer set up with Mo in the park with the bros! And the dive bar. And the town drunk/slut. Danielle was just pathetic trying on gowns meant for 20 somethings. You reach a certain age when a traditional gown just looks bad. 

Really Chelsea, Yamir should go up and sing his boy band songs cuz it's open mike. Lawd! it was sweet how excited he was about pizza and Chelsea's house. And her parents seem welcoming. Yamir is right, he needs to learn English. My guess is that there aren't too many immersion programs in Galesburg or wherever they are. 

My DVR cut off the previews.Damn.

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 9

I am hooked to this show , mainly because my now BFF came with a K-1 visa.

But her story definitely has some commonalities with the stories presented here. They met online and he went to her country few times before they engaged, she knew English (some) and he didn't speak any Spanish so they both agree that for the moment it would be better if she came to the U.S and tried it here rather than then going to her country where he definitely wouldn't be able to work until he learned the language.

She was a teacher in her country and the 90 days were not set up to prepare the marriage, the 90 days for what she told me were for her to make up her mind about getting married or not, it was not a given. Not one day of those 90 were spend in wedding preparations, just to get to know each other, explore possibilities and what not. Once they decided to get married on the last day of the 90, they went to the justice of the peace and got married, after that they had the luxury of time and to prepare their real wedding without being strapped into the 90 days.

• Love 5

Danielle's daughter telling her she looked like Shrek in the dress was pretty sad. All of them sat there like giant lumps.

Her daughters are probably completely fed up with Danielle's constant, babyish, needy drama.  I totally get why they barely looked up and told her she looked like Shrek while she was cooing for their approval, quite inappropriately.    If you're going to make obviously horrible life choices like marrying some devout Muslim man 20 years your junior and barely older than your kids, pissing him off because he's in for the money and the green card and you misrepresented both, and depriving your children materially and emotionally to afford all this fake love bezness, then at least have the sense not to drag your kids into it because your desperate need for attention includes some "say yes to the dress you can't afford because you lost your job" scenario.

You could say the same about most Christians, IMHO.

Every religious person picks and chooses.  Mo chooses wisely.  He chooses to follow the rules that shield him from touching Danielle.  That rule cannot be broken!  Breaking this rule is like going to hell on the spot.

• Love 12

The best thing about today's show was next week's preview.

Mohamed, repressing his rage in front of the cameras: "You lied to me.  You made me lose everything I had there.  You didn't tell me you had problems."

Grandma Danielle in her waif little girl voice: "I was afraid you were going to le-e-e-eave!"

Yamir had the good sense to realize that the ZZtop tribute band audience wouldn't care for his Latin boy band music.

I can't wait until the next episode. The way Danielle is clinging to Mohammed while he has a 'the fuck did I sign up for?' expression made me laugh way too hard.

Danny can't get it through his head that Amy needs alone time with him, and actually seems to have a problem sacrificing anything for the relationship, while she has sacrificed everything to be with him.  Parking her out in the middle of nowhere with his brother was another well thought out plan - NOT.

I am kind of stunned at how clueless he is. When he mentioned that he feels a weight on his shoulders because he has to be Amy's family and her friend, I wanted to reach through the television and kick him. Dude, she gave up everything for you - her family, her friends, the only country she's known. Show some fucking respect. He is incredibly immature and I think Amy will end up miserable if he doesn't grow up.

Cassia and Jason...wow. He couldn't tidy up his bedroom? At the very least, he and his father could have thrown a tarp over the pool until they could properly clean it.

I don't think Chelsea's mother meant to be disrespectful, but suggesting Yamir apply for work at the plant because it hires a lot of Latinos was very ignorant. Also, Yamir will not be able to advance his career in Chelsea's city. It's just not possible. If he got on that stage at the pizza place and tried to perform, he wouldn't be well-received by the audience because his music is clearly not their kind of music. I really hope Yamir gets what he wants out of being in America because as of right now, I think he's going to struggle a lot with finding his purpose and a community where he can fit in. I don't get why Chelsea didn't stay with Yamir in Nicaragua - there are more options for her there than there are for Yamir here. IDK...I feel like Chelsea is selfish. I don't think she truly understands how difficult it can be for someone who barely speaks English to come to America and not have any job prospects. Also, I may have missed it, but does she even have a job here?

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 7

I don't get why Chelsea didn't stay with Yamir in Nicaragua - there are more options for her there than there are for Yamir here. IDK...I feel like Chelsea is selfish. I don't think she truly understands how difficult it can be for someone who barely speaks English to come to America and not have any job prospects. Also, I may have missed it, but does she even have a job here?

I don't get it either.  I'm pretty sure her mom said something like "what are you two going to do about jobs", so I don't think Chelsea is working either.  Why not stay in Nicaragua where at least Yamir had a career, because here they're probably both going to end up working at the meat packing plant.  Since it looks like he's been replaced in his band, he won't even have that to go back to if he returns home.  Chelsea was only thinking of herself when she talked him into coming to the U.S. 

• Love 3

What is it exactly that Chelsea does? I know she was volunteering in Nicaragua, but that's not the same as having a career. Has she said anything about that yet? I could see Yamir having more opportunities if they were to move to a more metro area, like Chicago. I am sure there's more of a Latino scene there than in her small town and Yamir might have more options....even if it was just a bartender at a Latino bar. Beats a meat packing plant. That would be horrifying to me, to leave a music career in my home country to come here and work at a factory? Oh hell no!

I want to see Mohamed tear Danielle a new one about their (her) situation. She certainly deserves it. He's committed, that is for sure. Committed to the green card, that is. Go hard or go home, I guess. Hehe.

Cassia is delusional about having a modeling career. She's ok looking, but meh. Kirlyam from last season had a way better shot at making it than she does. And I am not sure Kirlyam ever did anything serious beyond a photo shoot or two for a portfolio. Alan was having a fit!

I find the whole Danny/Amy thing weird. They met in Australia without their families there as supervision. I am guessing they spent alone time there, even before becoming a couple. So why is it not allowed now that they are engaged and living here in PA? What changed? I also don't agree with stashing her at his brother's house out near Malvern or wherever. That's just not fair, if he's not going to spend time with her he should at least give her the opportunity to get out and see things for herself. Hell, even access to a car would be acceptable. I am sure she can do some Googles and setup a GPS. I still don't get why she couldn't have a room at his parents' house.....oh wait.....his dad's against interracial marriage. Ugh. How old is Danny? The fact that he keeps bringing it up makes me think he's uncomfortable with it too, in some aspects. I am still getting the pings on my gaydar about him though. Anyone else?

Brett and Daya are still creepy. Well, mostly Brett, but she is going along with it too. I am surprised his bed is big enough for 4. Brett and his mother aren't exactly small people.. Their nights must be extremely uncomfortable.

Edited by cooksdelight
Removed spoiler information
  • Love 3

Where does Danielle work that she can wear a PINK t-shirt?

She's nuts for spending a dime on a wedding dress. Get a nice dress or suit ensemble that can be worn again to other events. She's not a 20-something bride. Well, maybe she thinks she is.

• Love 5

Where does Danielle work that she can wear a PINK t-shirt?

Didn't they say (at the time) she worked with the developmentally disabled? It might have been a group home setting, where they are a lot more casual. That could explain the casual work dress.

Speaking of Danielle's job, anyone know what happened that she lost it? I'm curious.

• Love 1

Brett and Daya are still creepy. Well, mostly Brett, but she is going along with it too. I am surprised his bed is big enough for 4. Brett and his mother aren't exactly small people.. Their nights must be extremely uncomfortable. 

Wait a second . . . they have his mother in that bed, too?!  I thought it was just Brett, Daya, and Brett's poor little daughter, which is insane enough.  Cassidy's mother deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for tolerating that.

• Love 1

I think Mohammed is mad at Danielle in the preview because she's been lying to him all this time, say what now?  I wonder what that could be, hmmm.. she's not a virgin?  natural redhead?  sane?  loaded?  

Votes from the peanut gallery (my brothers) on who would make it:

14 yr old: Chelsea and Yamir

17 yr old: Danny and Amy.

Every one else is doomed to fail.   

People really pick and choose parts of their religion to abide by.  I thought since M was so devout he wouldn't drink, but then I saw him with a beer, ah, well.  I would need to drink to live through that too.  

• Love 2

At this point, I think Justin and Evelin have the best chance. Scary! His family is the worst and I think he is a sexist dbag in some ways, but I think they do love each other. Plus after last week his reasoning for keeping her away from them made at least some sense. Maybe it is because I didn't watch them this week, but I think they will make it.

Second best? Chelsea and Yamir. Watching their scenes, I do buy that they really love each other. Maybe it is a young love, but it is there and I think it is probably the most genuine on this show. Her parents were really nice to him too with the whole room set up, even if the meat packing plant thing was ignorant as hell. They should go back to Nicaragua though. I am sure with her volunteer experience Chelsea could do ESL teaching or something. Or she could go to school while Yamir has his career. If they gave a solid reason why they had to come the US I might buy it, but I do agree Chelsea is coming off as selfish and naive.

Third I guess is Daya and Brett. He seems willing enough to let her walk over him in some cases, and that seems to be what she wants. I am 50/50 on these two making it to the wedding. Her face outside the ring shop was cracking me up, she just looked so irritated while hugging and kissing Brett.

Fourth in line for making it to the wedding for me is Danielle and Mohammed. Sure, it will be a sham marriage, but his game is strong. Even with the issues next week, I could see them marrying anyway and him peacing out. He seems slick enough to manipulate her and she is pathetic enough to let it happen. The scenes at the bar were soooo fake. I could buy the football, but that lady was just over the top. Her kids do seem over it, and I hope that is because they have some sense.

Fifth- Danny and Amy. I think she will go home. I agree that Danny pinged my gaydar, and he is selfish as hell. The scene in the counselor office where he said he was scared of making any sacrifices when Amy has given up her life made me want to punch him. I agree that he is scared to be around her and the whole waiting thing is probably bs, he just doesn't like her in that way. I feel for her and if she were my friend I would be telling her to run like hell.

Last is Justin and Cassia. They push each other in bad ways, and once she realizes she won't make it as a model, she's out. She has a great body, but girl is no Kirylam. They are both so argumentative, I think one fight might cause her to get a plane ticket home. I kind of like the dad though, he is sort of endearing in a very dorky way.

• Love 2

I have to comment about "ring gate". I realize that Daya is a bitch, but clearly that ring had a very big flaw. Not that it's not real, but a ring with a big flaw, so big that it can be seen with the naked eye, really devalues the ring. My best guess is that Brett thought he was  getting a great deal on a ring, because the stone was bigger than most of the stones in his price range, so he went for it. It's not a fake, but it's probably not a great diamond. He probably wanted to impress her. Did they end up switching out the stone? I didn't catch that. 

• Love 3

Cassie wants to be a model? She ain't ugly but there is something a bit down market about her looks.

Holy shit, yes. Cassia looks a bit low-rent as the kids say. She's got a nice body but needs a hot oil treatment on that hair and needs to get rid of the extreme ombre she's got going on. Then ditch the Wet 'n' Wild version of the Amy Winehouse eyeliner. She could also benefit from Crest white strips.

That pizza looked turrible. Is Wisconsin known for having good pizza? I know they got good cheese. I hope Yamir doesn't judge American pizza based on that place. Maybe one day he and Chelsea could travel to NYC, Chicago, LA, etc., and try the American pizza that people go on about.

She's in Illinois, not Wisconsin.

What is it exactly that Chelsea does? I know she was volunteering in Nicaragua, but that's not the same as having a career. Has she said anything about that yet?

I couldn't tell you exactly. [snip]

Edited by cooksdelight
Links to outside sources which may contain spoiler information
  • Love 2

Ugh. These people.

Danny – he’s not naïve. He’s not a “nice guy.” He’s rude, selfish, and immature. I predict that if they marry, after they have sex he’ll cry in the shower afterward as he tries to wash the sin off. Not just the first time. Everytime. 

Chelsea – She’s not just naïve, she’s stupid. And unemployed. Her mom asked about potential jobs for both of them. Maybe Chelsea could get a job at the meat packing plant, too???? Why (besides the show) did she have to bring Yamir back to her hometown???? Also, that pizza looked awful. Jebus, Chelsea, drive the guy to Chi-town and get him a good pizza, at least.

Jason - if he is 38, then I am 12. Please. Plus he’s a slob. Cassia does not have the face to be a model. She’s, as they say, a Butterface. 

And what is with all of the cheap men? It is one thing to be sensible about money, but it is another thing to hoard it and not use it to make the people they purport to love more comfortable. For example, for under $100, Brett could have purchased an air mattress and some pretty sheets and a comforter for his kid to sleep in.

I am so embarrassed by association with the Americans on this show: buffets, bad grammar, bigotry, bacon, etc.

• Love 10

There are several things I do not understand about these couples. my friend and her husband (been married 11 years now) are watching the show so now we compare notes and one of the things he mentioned was how absurd some of these situations were, for example some of these couples seem to be at the brink of being broke, barely able to support themselves , how is this possible?

He told me that one of the requirements to request a K-1 visa is to present your taxes back from three years to prove your level of income, there is some guidelines as to how much money you have to make a year to even qualify for the petition, then the US government makes you sign an affidavit were the U.S citizen is solely responsible for the financial welfare of the K-1 recipient so they can't qualify for any type of government financial help.

When I asked him about Chelsea for example, it is obvious she has no job and if she had been volunteering in Nicaragua she probably can't show any income, he told me that most likely her parents cosigned for her. I was baffled

Why would her parents would cosign a document that makes them financially responsible for her daughter's fiance when she doesn't even have a job of her own. t is obvious to me that Chelsea's parents have never said NO to her and that is why she can't register that what is best for her might not necessarily be what is best for them.

Same situation with Danielle, how can she qualify to bring a BF whne she has three dependant daughters which means she has to show even more income, same with Brett, he doesn't even has an apartment of his own and now they are all having to sleep in one bed on the same bedroom.

Some of these situation really make no sense

• Love 6

According to the State Dept, the income a sponsor must show is  at least 125% of the poverty guidelines for the household size. so a household of 2 would have to have roughly $19,000 in income. I think most of the couples can meet this. If Chelsea's parents sponsored him, they are a family of 4, so that would be about $29,000. The one who puzzles is Danielle. Doesn't she have 3 children at home? That would mean that she needs income sufficient to support a family of 5. The guidelines say roughly $35,000. I doubt she makes that much and if her ex is paying CS, I have no idea if she can use that as income. Didn't someone mention that she was begging for a sponsor on Facebook? No wonder.

I was actually surprised at how low the income requirements are. What family of 2 can live on less than 20K? I realize that people manage it, but I would think in terms of allowing people to have a visa, they would require more. My guess it that it puts the household income out of range to qualify for welfare, and that is the motivation behind setting of the guideline amount.  

• Love 2

Let’s start with the hot mess of Dani and Mo.  Dani you are not at that age to be trying on dresses of that sort especially with the limited budget. Do you really need a white wedding dress?  What about a consignment dress? What about just a formal dress that’s off white?  You would probably just spend 200$ max if purchased new.  I really do feel bad for the kids. This woman is in total denial of the situation.  What she needs to do is a) take care of herself, her home and work situation and b) take care of her kids. She does not need a man at this point.  Girl needs some major counselling.  The whole football in the park with the bar and ho’s were a TLC set up I agree with the other posters up thread.  From what I know about the Muslim faith (and please someone correct me), they are not forbidden to drink, just forbidden to become intoxicated. That is why many just abstain from alcohol all together.   BTW – I think Mo is older than what he states.  To me he looks more like he is in his early 30’s.
Yamir and Chesla. Enjoy two weeks or 3 at home then get the boy back to his home country. He will not be happy in the States. He needs his boy band and he wants to sing. As a poster said up thread, tour with him, stay at the hotels and teach him some English.  Chelsa is another one that is selfish that she wants him back in the States all to herself and him doing some menial job when he has other aspirations.
Cassia and Jason. Oh lordy. Just give her a bus ticket back home Jason and find someone closer to your own age at Shady Pines.  Looks like daddy just wants Jason all to himself anyways. Kudos on leaving the mess and the green pool so Cassia knows exactly what she is getting into. I would have left right there and then.
I just don’t understand these people’s mentality on either side. These people have not even bothered to come over for a visit before making a drastic move like they have.  Their American counterpart didn’t explain they live Discuss logistics or future plans (such as Cassia and her bikini modelling aspirations). I think this season is not only more scripted than last, but more set up by TLC. There is no way these couples would have been able to get to where they are without TLC.

• Love 5

According to the State Dept, the income a sponsor must show is  at least 125% of the poverty guidelines for the household size. so a household of 2 would have to have roughly $19,000 in income. I think most of the couples can meet this. If Chelsea's parents sponsored him, they are a family of 4, so that would be about $29,000. The one who puzzles is Danielle. Doesn't she have 3 children at home? That would mean that she needs income sufficient to support a family of 5. The guidelines say roughly $35,000. I doubt she makes that much and if her ex is paying CS, I have no idea if she can use that as income. Didn't someone mention that she was begging for a sponsor on Facebook? No wonder.

I was actually surprised at how low the income requirements are. What family of 2 can live on less than 20K? I realize that people manage it, but I would think in terms of allowing people to have a visa, they would require more. My guess it that it puts the household income out of range to qualify for welfare, and that is the motivation behind setting of the guideline amount.  

OMG, you are absolutely right, just saw this on the USCIS website.

This is crazy, who can live on 19K without relying on federal welfare?

I thought for sure the minimum would be 35k with probably around 50K if you intend to bring someone else.

The USCIS definitely needs to revisit their guidelines.

• Love 3