Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

ShaNaeNae
  • Start Topic

Lmao, Danielle in those dresses made me die a little inside. I saw they actually had to use a clamp to get the fit correctly, which meant the ones she tried on were actually too big. Ouch.

The unimpressive domiciles these people are coming home to makes me sad and depressed. I mean, really? What kind of person do the fiancées think they're getting if they're spending this kind of time online and whatnot?

Mo's scene didn't strike me as contrived until I read this forum, but now yea, wow. Although the woman was severely haggard, it just seemed ridiculous that she'd zero in on him. I was just waiting for some backhanded racist compliment to spew forth from her mouth, and was actually quite surprised no similar remarks were made by the footballers.

That whole Danielle thing just makes me so sick. I mean, wow. Her ignorant family made me facepalm so hard...I know people like that, who think anything foreign sounding or different is comical somehow. They've mostly never left their own towns, and I'm from New Jersey, so proof that idiocy isn't limited to random bumfuck regions.

Dying at the hilarity of it all, but your comments make it even better. Lol.

I guess they, like so many of us, have "unimpressive domiciles," despite doing the best we can in life. I don't feel like the Americans have misrepresented themselves in this area.

• Love 1

I've done the old steal some food from the buffet, so I won't fault him for that

Its my dad's all time favorite move (especially if its something pre-packaged), so I probably shouldn't talk smack.  But normally if I'm on vacation I want to eat the regional food, not a Nutri-Grain bar, so 2 weeks later, I end up finding it squashed in the bottom of my purse.  

But Jason strikes me as the type that is bringing his own full size Ziploc bags and tupperware to fill with cereal, bacon bits and steaming hot piles of mystery meat smothered in suspicious sauce.

• Love 2

I am forever grateful Mohammed and Danielle did not make out in Cleveland Hopkins Airport.  It will be difficult to watch this season but I will.

You can thank Mohammed for that, I think if he had let her Danielle would have happily made out with him on the luggage carousel.  

Ick, now I have that mental picture in my head....so wrong!

• Love 1

Lol! I can't really explain what I'm seeing, but Jason's THs are offputting. His face, sans glasses, seems soft, feminine.

He and his dad have some weirdass relationship.

I personally think Cassia is a player, but I don't wish her harm! I do not trust Jason's jealous Dad dy! A little antifreeze or arsenic in the girl's cafe au lait is not farfetched to me. Be careful!

Cassia is attractive, but no classical beauty. However, she DOES, imo, have a bikini/underwear bod. Hope she makes it out of SwampMurders alive!

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 5

Lol! I can't really explain what I'm seeing, but Jason's THs are offputting. His face, sans glasses, seems soft, feminine.

He and his dad have some weirdass relationship.

I personally think Cassia is a player, but I don't wish her harm! I do not trust Jason's jealous Dad dy! A little antifreeze or arsenic in the girl's cafe au lait is not farfetched to me. Be careful!

Cassia is attractive, but no classical beauty. However, she DOES, imo, have a bikini/underwear bod. Hope she makes it out of SwampMurders alive!

Heh! Swamp Murders, I'm sensing a fellow ID fan :)

If Jason's dad wants to kill her, he just needs to push her into that pool, she will either die or emerge with superpowers.

The two of them are such odd ducks, I can imagine him trying to scare her to death by dressing like a clown or something.

And I agree, there is something way off about Jason, he is just so.....flat.  Something is off about him

• Love 8

Oh just stop it, and get outta my head!! Everything you write is what I'm thinking. I do not appreciate the voodoo that you do! :)

I'm a newlywed but my beloved Is currently working 80 hour weeks as a hospital resident. This is not fair!

So..I am contacting Jason, or better yet, Heaven's Gate Brett for a little funtime. Those guys are hothothot! Yup.

Or maybe The hot Mo? MoMoBananaFoMoMi My MoNannaMo! I'm off to a bezness site tout suite! Got my debit card ready and damn thing is burning my hand!

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 3

Oh just stop it, and get outta my head!! Everything you write is what I'm thinking. I do not appreciate the voodoo that you do! :)

I'm a newlywed but my beloved Is currently working 80 hour weeks as a hospital resident. This is not fair!

So..I am contacting Jason, or better yet, Heaven's Gate Brett for a little funtime. Those guys are hothothot! Yup.

Or maybe The hot Mo? MoMoBananaFoMoMi My MoNannaMo! I'm off to a bezness site tout suite! Got my debit card ready and damn thing is burning my hand!

Hey, listen, if you landed yourself a doctor stay put sister! (or maybe brother? who am I to judge?)

Ha ha, great minds!

I don't mind Chelsea and Yamir at all. To me, they are the kind of couple I've seen quite a bit and recognize as legit. They met, were sexually attracted, decided to date and to be a couple.

The big difference is Yamir was a citizen of another country and needs to turn his life topsy turvy to get over here.

If Chelsea was a VISTA or Peace Corps volunteer, I admire her and give her a lot of credit for giving of herself to another country and people. To me, that's selfless.

I have this quirky ability/gift to speak and to understand languages by osmosis. I freak myself out sometimes. Many of my academic and spiritual advisors over the years have urged me to join humanitarian groups overseas. But I've always demurred because of my shyness and fears and my family obligations.

I can't help but admire Chelsea. Altruism is not for wimps!

• Love 3

Dear Cassia,

I apologize for calling you "psycho" in another thread for threatening to back out of meeting Jason at the airport.  Now I get what you were going through.  I too would have had second thoughts meeting this loser to board a plane and a bus all the way to the low rent retirement community that is Swampview FL.

I am sorry that you took a chance on this immature baby and traveled six thousand miles to end up in some drab, undecorated hoarded bedroom with a 38 yr old that makes no money and is married to his father.  You must have had an intuition that you'd only be some distant third wheel in this unholy situation.  It must be so disappointing to wake up everyday to a viscous cesspool infested with mosquito larva and slimy green algae.  A man that professes to love you does not take you to some iceberg lettuce and bacon bit salad bar with instructions to steal muffins for you to eat tomorrow.

I hope you make the best of this situation, marry him and form a threesome with his dad, divorce him the minute your immigration status is settled, and get out of Swampview with your tires screeching.

For heaven's sake use contraception and do not have a child with him.  He has got "deadbeat dad" written all over him.

Yours truly,

ToasterStrudel

dying!  you are on fire! this whole post is hilarious!

Although I think one of them might kill her and dump her body in that pool if she got pregnant.  The body of Jason's last "love connection" is probably in there and the reason they can't drain it.

• Love 8

What?! I shouldn't look up Jason or Brett or the Marionette formerly known as Danny?!

Well okay, I'm gravely disappointed but will follow your advice, dear Reality Gal. You are astute and on point about everything else!,,dammit!. Xoxxo

But you have to admit that Danny's hair is so....swirled?....styled?.....curlycued?.....right? So unique! I can't help but be.....enamored? I will ask my Higher Power for strength to be a good girl tonight! (So annoying!) :D

• Love 1

What?! I shouldn't look up Jason or Brett or the Marionette formerly known as Danny?!

Well okay, I'm gravely disappointed but will follow your advice, dear Reality Gal. You are astute and on point about everything else!,,dammit!. Xoxxo

But you have to admit that Danny's hair is so....swirled?....styled?.....curlycued?.....right? So unique! I can't help but be.....enamored? I will ask my Higher Power for strength to be a good girl tonight! (So annoying!) :D

Would it help if I told you I don't think you have the umm....gee....how do I say this judiciously.....I think Danny is interested in someone who has an outie, not an innie :)

His hair is pretty special though, I wonder if he has been holding onto that style since he was like 8?

• Love 3

I used to live in Philly too, about 6 years ago. On the south side. I've also lived in Bridgeport (right between Norristown and King of Prussia), Reading, Pottstown, Gilbertsville.. All within an hour drive to the city. I just don't get the mindset of the "big bad scary city". There's so much to do and see...museums, cafes, shopping, restaurants, street fairs, concerts. All sorts of stuff. Cutting yourself off from that because you're scared is pretty lame. Especially in your twenties. That's the time in your life where you're supposed to go out and experience things. So...Danny can fly around the world to Australia yet he's too pussy to go 25 miles into Philly? He wouldn't even have to drive. That's insane.

Love south philly :) I get Pho there, yum! We live in the Fishtown area :), which brings me to this point....

If he's looking for a foreign girl, there's plenty in his own backyard. A better perspective would be to have her help him expand his horizons a bit and get into the city, nearby Atlantic City, even NYC. I'm hoping she starts gaining some sealegs and starts exploring on her own, or she's going to kick herself if she ends up going back and realizes how much she missed out on because of that douche.

I don't get the "scared of the city" thing either. Maybe if you're 80, but didn't his school or homeschool group take trips to the Liberty Bell or whatever? Stay away from Kensington but lord, his inability to even suggest a day in the city for Amy's sake just screams shortsightedNess.

• Love 3

Heh! Swamp Murders, I'm sensing a fellow ID fan :)

If Jason's dad wants to kill her, he just needs to push her into that pool, she will either die or emerge with superpowers.

The two of them are such odd ducks, I can imagine him trying to scare her to death by dressing like a clown or something.

And I agree, there is something way off about Jason, he is just so.....flat. Something is off about him

The fact he's 38 and lives with his fathee who dressed like a clown to scare Cassia seems pretty off to me.

• Love 4

Danny and Richard Blais seem to have adopted the same look. At least Blais has let go of that weird spiky mess he used to have, so I guess for him it's an improvement. I dunno what Danny's excuse is. 

• Love 1

Last winter there was a large outbreak of the Norwalk virus going around.Talk about sick people.Now I think the original virus is on our screens.Her total life makes me feel ill.Bringing a stranger to live in her home without worrying about her children.Spending like a fool on foolish whims when she obviously doesn't have the means.Snorting and slobbering.Just a mess.I hope her childrens immune system can fight and let them reach for a better lifestyle than their mother has chosen.Better start washing your hands well Mo or you just may catch the Norwalk Virus.I have to add I feel bad when someone is unhappy and their life is a mess.I wish she could get herself together, get some help to teach her that she can depend on herself and when she learns this then look for a man.

• Love 3

I guess they, like so many of us, have "unimpressive domiciles," despite doing the best we can in life. I don't feel like the Americans have misrepresented themselves in this area.

I apologize if I came off rude here! I meant that if the fiancées were coming here expecting the rich American way, they may feel duped.

• Love 4

Some people are only just a pool cleaning and a bedroom de-hoarding away from not having an "unimpressive domicile" but are too slovenly for this simple courtesy.

Others with "unimpressive domiciles" should know better than to take scarce resources away from their three teens to fly to Doha and stay shut in the hotel the whole time watching US TV channels, and bankroll some young man's trips to the US and immigration fees.

• Love 7

That bar looks like it smells of cigarettes, chew, and bad decisions. HOLY SHIT. It's like the bar from "The Accused".

Ha! It totally is. I watch all of Danielle and Mo's scenes through the space between my pinky and ring fingers. I die of second hand embarrassment for the both of them. All I can think of, is the inevitable Terry McMillan situation Danielle is headed for. If you've ever seen/read How Stella Got Her Groove Back, it was loosely based on McMillan's romance and eventual marriage to a young Jamaican more than 20 years her junior. The kid was actually a closeted gay man who eventually divorced her and got a nice chunk of change. Last I heard, I think he became a hairdresser and married his boyfriend.

Whether Mohammed is gay or not, I don't know. But I totally believe he will stay with Danielle and date someone he is attracted to, be it male or female. He seems totally repulsed by her.

I just want to shake Amy and tell her to come here on an F-1 visa and study at Howard or Brown or any school for goodness sake if she wants to come to the US. She's much too young, too sweet and too attractive to hitch her wagon to this doofy boy who seems to create reasons to not be alone with her. Even with a camera crew watching. She can do so much better than this clown.

Jason and Cassia give me the most laughs. She looks 20 years older than what she's claiming and he looks like the spawn of Ben Stein and Lt. Dangle. I've counted the number of times I've seen him blink across 4 episodes and I think he's up to 5.

• Love 8

I just can't with this show. I can't watch, yet I can't not watch.

As the weeks go on I get more and more pissed that the folks at TLC would think we're all stupid enough to believe that it's true love for Danielle and Mo. I think the only thing real about their relationship is Danielle's view that it is and we get to watch in horror as she weeps, clings and thinks she has found the man of her dreams. It's so hard to watch.

I believe that for some of the people who go for these global online relationship deals that it's out of desperation. What I don't get is why such an attractive gal like Amy or Evelin is willing to put up with the shit that these guys give them. This is the honeymoon phase ladies. It does not get better after this. 

Liver Lips (great name!) handed his balls to his gal and will likely never see them again. He's not an ugly guy, no prize either, but he has a good job, seems relatively happy with his life. Why put up with such nastiness from anyone?

Green Pool seems like a desperate soul that is just so socially awkward with women that his only hope of finding one was online. Then he ends up with a demanding, nasty bitch that will order him around, show no respect whatsoever for him and he'll just sit there and take it. Sounds like a great life.

I still can't figure out Yamir and Chelsea. There has to be something we don't know. Didn't they say Yamir is 28? That's too old for puppy love IMO. I'm sure they liked each other and had a great time but the whole idea that he had roots in Nicaragua, a great career and very likely hot running water, yet decided to up and move to a strange place with no real prospects other than a meat plant is just very strange. Chelsea speaks fluent Spanish so why not marry and stay there? Was she trying to get him away from the band because she was afraid of all of his fangirls chasing him? He certainly won't have that problem where they are now.

• Love 1
I feel like Chelsea is selfish. I don't think she truly understands how difficult it can be for someone who barely speaks English to come to America and not have any job prospects. Also, I may have missed it, but does she even have a job here?

I get selfishness from all of the Americans, and a nasty case of American Privilege.   They all seem to be the type of people who believe that America is #1, all of America is #1 and other countries are just backwater shitbags.  

I wish Amy had met someone from a more cosmopolitain city like NY, Miami, Chicago, LA, San Diego.  I feel for her the most, Capetown is a beautiful city and she's stuck in the middle of nowhere; that would piss me off too and I'm American.

Yes, but there is such a thing as cleaning your space.

I think one of the problems is that many people still have a strange view of how Americans live.  If you watch American TV, you might think that everybody either lives in a city like NY, or lives in a McMansion.  

Jason:  Maybe he's an only child, or had a sibling that left home early; maybe the mother died and it's been he and his father ever since.  Maybe Jason never made a whole lot of money and it was economical for him to live in that retirement community with his father; but now he sees his father getting older and Jason now feels he has to find someone and quick.  Because he's lived with his dad all his life, he probably has zero social skills, so dating online was the best bet.  Cassia probably thought she was coming to Miami or somewhere exiting like that.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

I will say that Afrikaans is a very odd language. It reminds me of Russian mixed with Dutch. One time I was using my parents' GPS and the language had gotten switched from Australian (my mom likes the lady with the accent) to Afrikaans and by the time I realized what was happening I decided to just go with it and just pay more attention to the screen. Once I got to my destination I checked the language and realized what it was I was quite confused, since neither of my folks is fluent in anything besides English.

I would like to hear Amy speak in Afrikaans sometime on the show, but not 2 seconds after she's gotten out of bed.

• Love 1

This is the honeymoon phase ladies. It does not get better after this.

You are so right.   If you are treated like crap during what is supposed to be the blush of new, exciting love, it is time to run.  If he can't make the effort at the beginning, he sure as hell won't later.   

But I bet Amy is hoping that if she is around him enough he will finally see her and realize she has needs to.   Don't bet it on sweetie.   Marriage doesn't change a whole bunch of people.    As Maya Angelou said "When someone shows you who they really are,  believe them."   She is trying really hard to believe this is not the really Danny.   

• Love 3

Jason's house/garage would drive me insane. When she found the magazine, the first thought I had was "If you snoop, you get what you get" and the second thought was "Watch it, that's probably worth some money on eBay!" I sell on eBay and no way in the world does my house look like that. Dad didn't have too much to say about her bitching at his son in front of him.

Dani just made me cringe. She's in the restaurant, they are telling her she can't afford to do this, and she's smiling that 'possum smile the entire time. She really isn't grounded in reality.

• Love 5

I truly hope that it works out for Yamir in the US. To give up so much for someone that you really don't know that well is pretty risk on his part. They seem to really be in love though... out of all the couples I believe their feelings for each other are genuine. Pity about Myla Vox.

Mohamed wanted a sugar Mama but got exactly the opposite. They both misled each other in my opinion. Danielle knew exactly what Mohamed wanted... hence the deception about money. Mohamed should have researched his "mark" a little bit more thoroughly.

I still feel that the way Justin went about this whole situation with his family was kind of immature and disrespectful to them especially his mom and brother. His brother and mom seem like reasonable people IMO and he could have chosen to tell them differently that he did. You can't drop a bomb on your loved ones and expect "congratulations" when they are still in shock. He can't even admit that the way he went about this whole thing was plain wrong.  

Really don't care about Cassia and Jason... so no comment at all. 

Edited by Bandolero
  • Love 1

Danielle and Mohammed.  *sigh*  I just . . . don't get it.  Danielle's tears and fear disgust me.  Both of them are deluded.  Assuming his intentions are sincere (which they are NOT), Mohammed has every reason to regret his decision to come to America.  Danielle can't even care for her underage daughters.  She should be ashamed of herself for taking food out of their mouths so that her Tunisian gigolo can sleep on her couch, refusing to sleep with her under the pretense of respecting his religion.  If I were her sister, I would have washed my hands of this craziness long ago, but not before offering for one or more of the kids to come live with me.

Jason and Cassia.  I don't understand this relationship at all.  The whole nudie magazine storyline was seriously boring and ridiculous.  Jason is 38 and lives in a retirement community in what I would describe as borderline squalor.  I don't think a 23-year-old girl has any right to come marching into his house and demand that he get rid of some dusty old magazines.  Come on, girl.  (Side note: That dresser was $1,299?!  Wow.  It looks like my old bedroom furniture from 1985.  Jason was robbed.)

Chelsea and Yamir: Chelsea and her ferocious vocal fry still irritate me, but God bless me, I still find Yamir to be endearing.  I think it's his vulnerability.  He's so young and blinded by love, and therefore not thinking clearly.  Hey, some of us have been there.  I get it, but at a certain point, you have to grow up and consider the nuts and bolts of a situation before diving in headfirst.  I hope he's okay.  His old manager was absolutely right when he said that life would be hard for someone like him in Iowa.  As for Yamir's band booting him and/or ceasing operations, what did he expect?

Daya and Brett.  Ugh.  She's a bitch and judging by the previews for next week, it looks like Cassidy realizes it.  Cassidy is with her father for a couple months per year.  The last thing she needs is the disruption of some random woman in the house.  If I were Brett and my betrothed called my daughter a "pain in the ass," she'd be on a plane back to her home country within 48 hours.  He's a fool and aside from the impact on Cassidy, I really couldn't give a crap about their relationship.

Justin and Evelin.  I kind of don't care about these two.  I find him off-putting, but I like her.  Their relationship, or the failure of it, impacts no one in a serious way.  Meh.  (His mom seems like a genuinely good lady.)

Danny and Amy.  Amy is easily my favorite fiancé.  I feel sorry for her.  How must she feel in a strange country, unsure if she'll be accepted, and constantly bombarded by his family to the extent that she can't have any alone time with her fiancé?  As sorry as I feel for her, I'm also the least concerned about her.  Regardless of what happens, she seems to have a solid safety net back home and a good head on her shoulders.  She'll be fine.  As for Danny, I think he's fooling himself on a couple of different levels.

I miss last season!

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 3

Jason is 38 and lives in a retirement community

What was it he said when he took her out in his fine El Camino.... something about he wanted her to get out and see all that the town had to offer, things to do and see. Whatever it was, I laughed out loud.

• Love 4

Same here.  Bingo at noon, knitting club at 1, metal detecting at 3, then driving 20 miles under the speed limit to the buffet for dinner at 4, a Murder She Wrote rerun at 5, and it's off to bed.  Cassia will not last long there.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 15

I think almost all of the Americans misrepresented themselves to the incoming fiancés

Danny waited several weeks before he decided he needed to tell Amy about his dad's feeling about interracial marriages; Danielle kept her financial situation from Mohammed for over a month until their cell phones were turned off and she couldn't keep the truth from him any longer; Jason led Cassia to believe he was more prosperous than he was because I'm sure she never would have to come to the U.S. if she had known she would have to live in that crappy house with the green pool and a gazillion tubs full of junk that he and his dad plan to sell.  And it didn't look like there was much furniture in the house either. 

As for Brett and Daya, I feel sorry for Cassidy, but it was her moron dad who brought a stranger into the home to be a built-in babysitter.  I'm sure Daya wasn't aware he was going to dump his kid on her to deal with alone on practically her first day here.  In the previews for next week, I couldn't believe it when Daya told Brett what a brat Cassidy was being, and he asked her what he should do about it.  Try being a father, you moron, and dealing with your child yourself! 

• Love 6

"That's worth $10!": Jason, when Cassia rolled up his Playboy. Truly made me lol.

Tamir and Chelsea wedding baband shopping: Strange they didn't know each other's tastes beforehand? I feel for Yamir but at 28, I think he's past the age where it's okay to be smitten and not make rash decisions, like leaving your career behind. But he does seem genuinely sweet.

D and Mo: Not enough of them in this EP :(. Lol @ him being more worried about lack of money for him to get back.

What's amazing to me is that the golddiggers of the cast never seemed to pick up on the fact that none of these Americans seemed super stereotypically wealthy. They saw them in person at least once and chatted online. There had to have been some hint, based on affect or whatever, right? Mo's a scammer for sure, but not a very good one, unless he was trying to screw himself.

Justin and E: meh. They bore me. Justin annoys me because he reminds me of those dicks with big egos who peaked in college and is still trying to live out those glory days. Ew.

Amy and what's his name: Glad to see he's seeing the light with her. She's so freaking cool, shEs the biggest catch of them all, hands down.

Daya and Liver Lips: Not enough of them, sadly.

Same here. Bingo at noon, knitting club at 1, metal detecting at 3, then driving 20 miles under the speed limit to the buffet for dinner at 4, a Murder She Wrote rerun at 5, and it's off to bed. Cassia will not last long there.

Bahaha, metal detecting. They so seem like those types.

• Love 5

I think Mo is mostly concerned that Danielle won't have money for his return trip to Tunisia.

As he should by now, (grin)! However, the US government is equally concerned that he not end up broke here and unable to leave if his visa expires. That will come down on Dani, his sponsor. I wonder if she has enough cylinders firing to understand her financial obligations in this matter. 

Mo's conversation with Dani about money was like a parent talking to a child. The age difference shrinks every episode.

• Love 4

Also, Jason seems to be borderline hoarding. if he's not careful, he'll end up on that show, what with the tubs of crap and multiple pets in a tiny, messy area...at least they seem decently cared for, unlike the rest of his house.

As he should by now, (grin)! However, the US government is equally concerned that he not end up broke here and unable to leave if his visa expires. That will come down on Dani, his sponsor. I wonder if she has enough cylinders firing to understand her financial obligations in this matter.

Mo's conversation with Dani about money was like a parent talking to a child. The age difference shrinks every episode.

That was odd how much more controlling and mature he was than her. Something struck me that he was trying hard to pretend to be concerned about her feelings, while remaining very obviously pissed for himself, and not giving a crap for her. It took him forever to reply to her whiney don't leave mes.

• Love 1

How do you plan to buy a $500 dress, spend $400 on food, etc, when you can't even pay your phone bill? Good grief.

Danny came off a lot better in this episode. And that scene woth his brother felt totally staged.

Jason is... ugh. Are we sure he's only 38? Dude needs to get the hell out of the retirement community. Cassia would get on my last ever-loving nerve if I had to be around her for more than 10 minutes, but I feel badly for her. I hope she heads back to Rio on day 89. I do think she was ridiculous about the magazine, but I think she was more upset that he lied. Either follow through with your promise or sack up and tell her you aren't throwing them out instead of lying about it.

• Love 2

I can't help but feel bad for Mo. All he wanted was some citizenship, some cash, and a semi-attractive, semi-sane woman. Instead he got grannidani.

I bet all of his friends are laughing at him.

Hey, she did go visit him once so he knew what he was getting in terms of attractiveness. Lol.

• Love 4

We had a good laugh at Jason's:  That's worth $10.00.   Watched some of the extra clips online and he has a car with no AC.  IN FLORIDA!  The inside of the door has no backing.  Jason and his dad be sorta po'.

Amy is the best of them all.  My brother, Daniel, is rooting for Danny and Amy.  My other brother and I think Amy should run, run, run.  Also, girlfriend needs to ease off the blush in her talking heads.    It's good that her mom is able to come over and visit her.   At least she'll have some support then.  

No Shark-faced man this episode.  It took me a while to get that my brothers called Brett that.

Also, I don't see a problem with Daya telling Shark-face that Cassidy is being a brat. Lots of kids are brats.  Being a kid doesn't mean you should be bratty.  Maybe her mother told her to be bratty, maybe she is just a bratty kid.  I would hope Brett would have sit her down and talked to her about all these changes.   Probably not.

• Love 2

Danielle and Mohammed. *sigh* I just . . . don't get it. Danielle's tears and fear disgust me. Both of them are deluded. Assuming his intentions are sincere (which they are NOT), Mohammed has every reason to regret his decision to come to America. Danielle can't even care for her underage daughters. She should be ashamed of herself for taking food out of their mouths so that her Tunisian gigolo can sleep on her couch, refusing to sleep with her under the pretense of respecting his religion. If I were her sister, I would have washed my hands of this craziness long ago, but not before offering for one or more of the kids to come live with me.

Jason and Cassia. I don't understand this relationship at all. The whole nudie magazine storyline was seriously boring and ridiculous. Jason is 38 and lives in a retirement community in what I would describe as borderline squalor. I don't think a 23-year-old girl has any right to come marching into his house and demand that he get rid of some dusty old magazines. Come on, girl. (Side note: That dresser was $1,299?! Wow. It looks like my old bedroom furniture from 1985. Jason was robbed.)

Chelsea and Yamir: Chelsea and her ferocious vocal fry still irritate me, but God bless me, I still find Yamir to be endearing. I think it's his vulnerability. He's so young and blinded by love, and therefore not thinking clearly. Hey, some of us have been there. I get it, but at a certain point, you have to grow up and consider the nuts and bolts of a situation before diving in headfirst. I hope he's okay. His old manager was absolutely right when he said that life would be hard for someone like him in Iowa.

Daya and Brett. Ugh. She's a bitch and judging by the previews for next week, it looks like Cassidy realizes it. Cassidy is with her father for a couple months per year. The last thing she needs is the disruption of some random woman in the house. If I were Brett and my betrothed called my daughter a "pain in the ass," she'd be on a plane back to her home country within 48 hours. He's a fool and aside from the impact on Cassidy, I really couldn't give a crap about their relationship.

Justin and Evelin. I kind of don't care about these two. I find him off-putting, but I like her. Their relationship, or the failure of it, impacts no one in a serious way. Meh.

Danny and Amy. Amy is easily my favorite fiancé. I feel sorry for her. How must she feel in a strange country, unsure if she'll be accepted, and constantly bombarded by his family to the extent that she can't have any alone time with her fiancé? As sorry as I feel for her, I'm also the least concerned about her. Regardless of what happens, she seems to have a solid safety net back home and a good head on her shoulders. She'll be fine. As for Danny, I think he's fooling himself on a couple of different levels.

I miss last season!

Lol about the dresser. Did you see how he condescendingly shook her when she wanted the mode expensive piece? That made me sick. He had no social skills.

• Love 3

I swear, it seems Justin has a personal vendetta against his family with the is relationship. It almost feels like Justin and the horrible sister in law had an affair or a very heavy flirtation and she told him to back off or something and now they're both dealing with their jealously issues. Just a lot of weird there.

As for Amy and Danny, they made a decision to wait for marriage. That is their decision to uphold. They are both adults and can make their own choices and don't need a 'father'figure sitting himself between the 2 of them.

I'm going to start with Justin and Evelin.

I read a lot of sadness with Justin. This kid is hurting real bad.  Either Jason was the scapegoat or the "identified patient" in a very dysfunctional, nasty, and manipulative family system.  I resent Evelin butting in and not supporting him with the pain that he must feel, and forcing him to be in closer contact with people that have no respect for them and probably abused him verbally/emotionally.  Justin looked profoundly uncomfortable with his mother.  How could that Evelin not notice??? At the restaurant, the mother didn't apologize.  Huge red flag right there.  She dug herself into position by reiterating their "concerns" which are nothing but 'busybodying' - Justin is a gainfully employed adult and has been for some time.  Then she took a ride on the me-me-me train with some fake tears to boot.  Nothing about Justin and how HE feels, what his needs are, or respect for either.  Jake, his brother, is probably some kind of golden child that can do no wrong.  I could tell that Jason felt really small talking to him, and Jake looked like he didn't care about his brother's happiness, only to make sure that he would tow the line of family obligation.  He was barely making eye contact with Justin, looking over his head.  I totally get why Justin waited to introduce Evelin to these narcissists, and wants to elope.  Evelin should put a sock in it when she says that "family is the most important."  Put a sock. In. It.  She should show some respect and some empathy for her future husband, and stop deluding herself that she's going to be the pacifist savior of this dysfunctional, abusive bunch.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 13

I can't help but feel bad for Mo. All he wanted was some citizenship, some cash, and a semi-attractive, semi-sane woman. Instead he got grannidani.

I bet all of his friends are laughing at him.

I can't help but feel that Mo wanted someone who would love him enough to believe anything he said and go with whatever he wants to do (for example, I think he could absolutely convince Danielle that he shouldn't be living in that house with the teenage girls, or can convince her that his religion really prevents him from having sex with her even after marriage because of some obscure Islamic law that mandates he can't have sex in a house with chicken patties even though he really, really wants to).  Unfortunately, the flip side to that kind of desperate obsession is going to be that he will never be able to shake her, he may end up in witness protection after he gets his citizenship.

I get selfishness from all of the Americans, and a nasty case of American Privilege.   They all seem to be the type of people who believe that America is #1, all of America is #1 and other countries are just backwater shitbags.  

I wish Amy had met someone from a more cosmopolitain city like NY, Miami, Chicago, LA, San Diego.  I feel for her the most, Capetown is a beautiful city and she's stuck in the middle of nowhere; that would piss me off too and I'm American.

Yes, but there is such a thing as cleaning your space.

I think one of the problems is that many people still have a strange view of how Americans live.  If you watch American TV, you might think that everybody either lives in a city like NY, or lives in a McMansion.  

Jason:  Maybe he's an only child, or had a sibling that left home early; maybe the mother died and it's been he and his father ever since.  Maybe Jason never made a whole lot of money and it was economical for him to live in that retirement community with his father; but now he sees his father getting older and Jason now feels he has to find someone and quick.  Because he's lived with his dad all his life, he probably has zero social skills, so dating online was the best bet.  Cassia probably thought she was coming to Miami or somewhere exiting like that.  

I think Jason was in the service, so I thought he would have picked up some social skills, even if they were from fellow officers.

ITA about just cleaning your place, I don't think I've heard too many "this place is too small!" but I've heard quite a few "this place is a mess!"  And unless there is a body in there, I can't understand that pool.   I know it would cost money to drain, but that just looks like a health hazard, like a West Nile virus thing.

I agree to some degree about foreigners probably assuming that every American is living in NYC, California or some other bustling city.  I mean, even our "reality shows" are filmed in more metro areas.  But, I just can't imagine agreeing to go someplace for 90 days and not doing a basic google search.

• Love 3