Type keyword(s) to search

Barbara Kean: What is She Hiding?

Trini
  • Start Topic

I know I may be in the minority, but I really hope the end is nigh for Barbara. Since it's pretty obvious she isn't going to be Harley Quinn, the novelty of her being evil has worn off. Next week's preview just cinched it for me. Maybe she could have had some potentia as a villain if she wasn't so obsessed with Jim and Lee. As it is, she's just another bunny boiling psycho ex.

Her being evil was a lot like Grant Ward on Agents of SHIELD. At first it was entertaining, yet at the end of the day, neither of them are criminal masterminds. They're both just whiny, entitled, hanger-on, sociopaths that always blame other people for their own actions. And that gets old real fast.

The only thing that would make next week's show okay is if Jim finally rips into Barbara for the fact that she was the one that left him for her ex and that all her crazy is just sour grapes that he moved on with his life.

And I really, really, really don't want Batgirl to be a rape baby.

• Love 1

The problem is the novelty hasn't worn off.  We have hardly seen any evil Barbara.   With Grant Ward there has been at least two seasons of him being Evil Grant Ward.   How much of Evil Barbara Keen have we actually seen?  A few moments an episode?  I want to see an entire story arc with Evil Barbara Keen.   A story arc where it is her making the power plays not being some pawn for someone else.   That is my wish.  Then maybe I would agree with you.

Plus I still maintain the show needs some strong females that do more then just date the lead males.  Even the ones that once did do more are now relegated to little more then "Girlfriend of lead". 

Edited by Chaos Theory

The problem is the novelty hasn't worn off. We have hardly seen any evil Barbara. With Grant Ward there has been at least two seasons of him being Evil Grant Ward. How much of Evil Barbara Keen have we actually seen? A few moments an episode? I want to see an entire story arc with Evil Barbara Keen. A story arc where it is her making the power plays not being some pawn for someone else. That is my wish. Then maybe I would agree with you.

Plus I still maintain the show needs some strong females that do more then just date the lead males. Even the ones that once did do more are now relegated to little more then "Girlfriend of lead".

That's the problem. Evil Barbara is nothing more than the psycho ex so far. That's not much different than "girlfriend of the lead."

And I was already over Grant Ward by season 1. Enduring both him and Barbara at the same time is wearisome.

Edited by Spartan Girl

That's the problem. Evil Barbara is nothing more than the psycho ex so far. That's not much different than "girlfriend of the lead."

And I was already over Grant Ward by season 1. Enduring both him and Barbara at the same time is wearisome.

Again that is kinda my point. At least with Grant Ward he isn't spending all his time pining over Skye/Daisy and trying to get her to love him. I like that he is evil....just cause. I would actually kinda love it if the show wrote Barbara that way. Popping up from time to time hatching some diabolical scheme of evil just because she was bored or nothing was good on tv that day. Edited by Chaos Theory