Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GreekGeek

Discontinued Foods You Miss

Royal Lunch Milk Crackers.

Several years ago, on a whim, I was looking for them, but couldn't find them anywhere. I was very disappointed when a Google search told me that they'd be discontinued.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forumfish said:

I found Planters Cheez Balls -- nacho cheese flavor -- at Dollar Tree the other day -- woo hoo! Of course I thought of y'all.

They're at Big Lots, too!

I was talking to my sister today about bread sticks and she said she wished they came in a box instead of a flimsy cellophane wrapper. I said they did = Pepperidge Farm Sesame Snack Sticks

00014100078036-hEVifSyU8GfIQ-0_s500.jpg

I tried to find them for her and found out they discontinued this line of bread sticks

I don't know if I mentioned these 2 items

Cadbury Fingers

637690.jpg

Planters Peanut Bar

81eKHB2Ym9L._SL1500_.jpg

E563736D-05AB-4888-9DB9-0EA27910F435.jpeg
 I loved these, can’t find a decent substitute.

Edited by justspiffy

5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I don't know if I mentioned these 2 items

Cadbury Fingers

637690.jpg

Planters Peanut Bar

81eKHB2Ym9L._SL1500_.jpg

Can't think of a substitute for the first, but the Peanut Bar reminds me of a PayDay bar, which are still made. Maybe try that?

On 5/26/2020 at 7:22 PM, justspiffy said:

E563736D-05AB-4888-9DB9-0EA27910F435.jpeg
 I loved these, can’t find a decent substitute.

Have you tried Crunchmaster 5 seed crackers? I get them at Sam’s but Walmart has smaller pouches of them in the deli section (usually not in the cracker aisle.) https://www.samsclub.com/p/5-seed-multigrain-20-oz/prod18640215
I have several neighbors and my sister hooked on them. And they are delicious with hummus. I’ve only tried this variety. When school was in session I would do a healthy snack day for the staff occasionally and I always had hummus cups with these crackers in a snack bag and individually wrapped cheese, fruit, nut packs, and lots of other stuff. The staff loved the crackers. I hope you have an opportunity to try them.

13 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

Have you tried Crunchmaster 5 seed crackers? I get them at Sam’s but Walmart has smaller pouches of them in the deli section (usually not in the cracker aisle.) https://www.samsclub.com/p/5-seed-multigrain-20-oz/prod18640215

I no longer have a Sam’s membership, and rarely go to Walmart (Target is closer), but maybe I’ll check them out sometime. I just miss those sesame seed Pepperidge Farm crackers. They used to also come in a trio package, I believe.

Are there still Abba Zabbas? (Am I spelling that correctly?) I remember as a kid buying one for 10 cents and for some reason we always slapped them really hard against something to break them up into pieces before eating. (I don't know why we just didn't start at one end and bite into them rather than breaking them first.) I have not seen one for decades...

On 6/14/2020 at 3:36 PM, isalicat said:

Are there still Abba Zabbas? (Am I spelling that correctly?) I remember as a kid buying one for 10 cents and for some reason we always slapped them really hard against something to break them up into pieces before eating. (I don't know why we just didn't start at one end and bite into them rather than breaking them first.) I have not seen one for decades...

Abba Zabbas were one of my favorites! I am definitely going to check out Amazon!

• Like 1

I can't believe nobody's mentioned BBQ Fritos. BBQ Fritos! They discontinued this flavor a couple years ago and they just REFUSE to say why. I even saw a petition online to bring them back (which I signed, lol). Now, apparently they did bring them back earlier this spring for a limited time, but they were exclusive to Dollar General stores for some odd reason. I never found them at any of the stores in my area. I just can't understand why Frito Lay would get rid of arguably their most popular flavor. I miss them so much.

Also, does anyone remember a product called Suddenly S'mores? They were pre-packaged, pre-made s'mores that you stuck in a microwave for a few seconds. The marshamallow would puff up, and the chocolate would melt slightly, and they were just amazing. I remember buying them all the time when I was in high school, but have no idea when they disappeared.

Lastly (for now), I used to love Nabisco Bacon Thins. I would snack on these all the time when I was a kid. They were so good! Nobody seems to make a good bacon flavored cracker anymore, lol.

It's been a while since I've seen Oreo candy bars on the shelves at my local stores. That's a shame, since it was one of my recent favorite candy bars.

Edited by InDueTime

19 hours ago, InDueTime said:

It's been a while since I've seen Oreo candy bars on the shelves at my local stores. That's a shame, since it was one of my recent favorite candy bars.

Yeah. The Oreo & M&M candy bars didn’t seem to last long here either. I think I can get at least some flavors through Amazon, but I’m not sure.

I miss Kudos and Caribou Coffee granola bars. I think the Caribou Coffee bars were only around for a few years. The Kudos Snicker granola bars were my favorite.

I was thinking about the microwaveable s’mores the other day.  I was wondering if they had really existed or  if I just imagined them.

I have seen the Oreo candy bars at the local discount grocery outlet recently, but I don’t know if I have ever seen them in a regular grocery store.  The mint ones were good.

1 hour ago, Mittengirl said:

I have seen the Oreo candy bars at the local discount grocery outlet recently, but I don’t know if I have ever seen them in a regular grocery store.  The mint ones were good.

My regular grocery story used to carry them at the check out impulse buying shelves, but now they're gone.

there are two foods from my childhood (90s kid) that I'm trying to remember the names of. One was a snack cake that came with a bite taken out of it, I think it was supposed to be from a shark or a monster. 

The other one was a microwave cake kit, it came with a little tray shaped like mickey mouse and everything you needed to make a microwave cake.

On 8/22/2020 at 7:54 PM, Kkritter87 said:

there are two foods from my childhood (90s kid) that I'm trying to remember the names of. One was a snack cake that came with a bite taken out of it, I think it was supposed to be from a shark or a monster. 

The other one was a microwave cake kit, it came with a little tray shaped like mickey mouse and everything you needed to make a microwave cake.

They're cookies, not cakes, but they're called Monster Chomps. They're shown about halfway down the page.

No luck locating the Mickey Mouse microwave cake kits, but there are plenty of pans shaped like Mickey Mouse out there. I'm not sure how they would work in a microwave, though.

I was watching a cooking show recently where the host was making spaetzle. It reminded me that I miss Bird's Eye green beans and spaetzle with Bavarian sauce.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I was watching a cooking show recently where the host was making spaetzle. It reminded me that I miss Bird's Eye green beans and spaetzle with Bavarian sauce.  

Nice to know someone else remembers those Bavarian green beans! I mentioned them in my first post on this thread back in 2014!

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 6:28 PM, BW Manilowe said:

Yeah. The Oreo & M&M candy bars didn’t seem to last long here either. I think I can get at least some flavors through Amazon, but I’m not sure.

Good news. I just saw the fun size Halloween version of the Oreo candy bars at the dollar store the other day and bought some. I figured, I don't know when they'll be around again. With this pandemic, a lot of brands and products are being discontinued.

Edited by InDueTime · Reason: Grammar
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/30/2020 at 10:35 PM, Giuseppe said:

I can't believe nobody's mentioned BBQ Fritos. BBQ Fritos! They discontinued this flavor a couple years ago and they just REFUSE to say why. I even saw a petition online to bring them back (which I signed, lol). Now, apparently they did bring them back earlier this spring for a limited time, but they were exclusive to Dollar General stores for some odd reason. I never found them at any of the stores in my area. I just can't understand why Frito Lay would get rid of arguably their most popular flavor. I miss them so much.

Also, does anyone remember a product called Suddenly S'mores? They were pre-packaged, pre-made s'mores that you stuck in a microwave for a few seconds. The marshamallow would puff up, and the chocolate would melt slightly, and they were just amazing. I remember buying them all the time when I was in high school, but have no idea when they disappeared.

Lastly (for now), I used to love Nabisco Bacon Thins. I would snack on these all the time when I was a kid. They were so good! Nobody seems to make a good bacon flavored cracker anymore, lol.

I want Fritos Wild n mild ranch

On 8/31/2020 at 7:18 PM, chessiegal said:

Wow...I *loved* those beans & spaetzle. The sauce made the difference.

I'm sad to say that no supermarket in my area is selling B&M baked beans in the little brown glass jars. They were the real deal, IMO, of Boston baked beans. I emailed the company & was told some stores outside my area are still carrying them. Guess I'll have to go on a road trip one of these days to stock up. Even the B&M beans sold in cans just aren't quite right.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GreekGeek said:

Tab soda is being discontinued.

I know lots of people dislike it, but I enjoyed many a bottle as a fat kid in the 60's and 70's. I never did grow as fond of Diet Coke, which displaced it.

My mom was big into Tab. I thought it was terrible (Only Diet Rite was worse), but I do have fond memories of it.

I loved Tab.  I bought it off and on until about a dozen years (or so) ago when I stopped drinking soda.  However, I do have a can on my desk at work.  I wonder if I can get millions of $$$ for it...  🙂 

• Laugh 2

A maybe replacement for Tab *might* be Zero Coke. I dislike Diet Coke as it always tastes watery to me. But I was never a Tab fan--so who knows if Zero will be an ok replacement.

On 10/25/2020 at 11:19 AM, AimingforYoko said:

(Only Diet Rite was worse)

Now I have the Diet Rite jingle in my head: 

• Like 1