Type keyword(s) to search

Jana and Stephen

• Start Topic

Jana and Stephen...   POLL CLOSED

126 members have voted

1. 1. What shall we name the Jana and Stephen thread?

• Duggar/Wissmann Part Deux
    • Nebraska, Here She Comes!
    • Finally Fiddlin' Around
    • Good Things Come to Those Who Wait
    • Constructing a Lifetime of Love
    • He'll Do
    • Slow and Steady Gets the Best Wedding

I saw a correction elsewhere earlier today that he doesn't play the fiddle, he plays mandolin.  I know neither for an absolute fact.  

• Like 2
Just now, Absolom said:

I saw a correction elsewhere earlier today that he doesn't play the fiddle, he plays mandolin.  I know neither for an absolute fact.  

I read he plays the fiddle, mandolin, and guitar.  Can't remember where I read it.  Maybe he plays one more than the others and fills in sometimes on the others, so who knows, you could be right.  

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I read he plays the fiddle, mandolin, and guitar.  Can't remember where I read it.  Maybe he plays one more than the others and fills in sometimes on the others, so who knows, you could be right.  

Well, Jana is also a concert pianist, so they are both versatile. 😀

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

I found a photo of the band and he's indeed holding a mandolin.  So I guess I'll say Jana plays the fiddle instead of the violin and Stephen may or may not sometimes possibly play the fiddle. 😄    

• Like 2
4 hours ago, zenme said:

What? “At Least I Have A Husband” was not a choice?

He’ll do

IKR? None of the ones I liked are listed. 

• Like 3

He'll do is so mean; I hope that doesn't win. If he were a Duggar "man" or a Bates, that would definitely fit. But this guy seems at least a little above average for their crowd. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

I believe the "He'll do" is based off Jana's words from her People Interview where she never mentions loving him or how in love with him she is.  She said it was more of a "he kept coming around and didn't pressure me".  She did say that he loved her and proved it by not giving up on her. 

I think as far as what is probably available in the Fundie families she had to choose from that he was a great catch.  

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
6 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

I believe the "He'll do" is based off Jana's words from her People Interview where she never mentions loving him or how in love with him she is.  She said it was more of a "he kept coming around and didn't pressure me".  She did say that he loved her and proved it by not giving up on her. 

I think as far as what is probably available in the Fundie families she had to choose from that he was a great catch.  

Yeah, that's my take as well. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Tasya said:

He'll do is so mean; I hope that doesn't win. If he were a Duggar "man" or a Bates, that would definitely fit. But this guy seems at least a little above average for their crowd. 

Eh, that’s my favorite. Obviously, opinions vary. 

• Like 5

I guess I've just known a fair amount of people (non-fundie) who've had similar stories. They went out, they broke up, they stayed friends and at a certain point they kind of realize that they've become each other's person. For me "He'll do" makes me think more of the fundie women we've seen who married some highly dubious characters just to be able to say they were married (see Anna or the woman who used to be a Duggar mystery helper). Also, while I don't think we know a lot about what makes Jana tick, I do think she's not a big public feelings sort of person. Just because she wasn't gushing over her big romantic love story doesn't necessarily mean that she was just jumping on the last chance train out of Duggarville. 

• Like 17
1 hour ago, ranchgirl said:

she never mentions loving him or how in love with him she is.

It is mentioned in a later version of the article (bolding mine) where she discussed him reconnecting with her through the mail instead of text/phone:

She continues: "But I don't know, something about it really hit me. And I was like, he's so sweet. He really has been there, and how had I not noticed it and realized he is great, and I do love him, and I need to be willing to open up and to allow that?"

• Like 5
(edited)
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

“He’ll do” makes me think of the thread, Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody,

They really put a stop to whatever was going on with Josiah. He attended the recent Man Camp with several of his brothers and JB. David Waller also attended with a couple of his sons, just to give an idea of the kind of shindig this was. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Sad 4

I can't get "A Well Trained Wife" out of my head when I think about this marriage.  I sure hope he is kind to her.  She may have waited so long to marry because she knows what goes on in a Fundie marriage.  She will be subject to all his whims and demands.

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They really put a stop to whatever was going on with Josiah. He attended the recent Man Camp with several of his brothers and JB. David Waller also attended with a couple of his sons, just to give an idea of the kind of shindig this was. 

They completely broke him 😢😢😢

• Sad 6
46 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

It is mentioned in a later version of the article (bolding mine) where she discussed him reconnecting with her through the mail instead of text/phone:

Yes, I was glad to read this updated version this morning but "He'll do" was a choice before this came out.  

Is it common for People to keep editing a story?  Adding more of the interview? I usually only read an article once, never thinking to go back a few days later and read all the edits.  I read the first one that came out and if not on this board would never have known she went to school for nursing or that she did love her husband.  

• Like 6
14 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

Yes, I was glad to read this updated version this morning but "He'll do" was a choice before this came out.  

Is it common for People to keep editing a story?  Adding more of the interview? I usually only read an article once, never thinking to go back a few days later and read all the edits.  I read the first one that came out and if not on this board would never have known she went to school for nursing or that she did love her husband.  

The one that I saw about her being in nursing school was a separate article, not edited into the wedding announcement article.

• Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

The one that I saw about her being in nursing school was a separate article, not edited into the wedding announcement article.

Yes, my bad.  I called it a "later version of the article," but you're right, it's separate articles.  But the thing is, they take chunks out of one article and put them in the next article, so it sort of looks like the same/similar articles with a little new info.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 3
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Is Jana the first Duggar child to attend an accredited school? I'm not sure if Crown College is accredited and I don't know how flight schools work. 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, CherryMalotte said:

Truly this is the classiest wedding any of the Duggar clan have had, though Ginger's seemed nice.

I agree and I wonder if it's because outside people did some or most of the planning. For Jinger's wedding, Michelle's friend (Miss Cindy or something) did some of the decorating. I don't know what influence Jeremy or his family had, but still, non-fundie decorating. Same for Jana's wedding. Once the Duggars take a step back, things suddenly look nicer. It's the same with the Rods.  

• Like 10
(edited)
6 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

Is Jana the first Duggar child to attend an accredited school? I'm not sure if Crown College is accredited and I don't know how flight schools work. 

I've been wondering if she's attending NWACC, which is a local community college. 

Edited to add: And it would explain some pics floating around of her at one of their events a few months ago. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2
13 minutes ago, Zella said:

I've been wondering if she's attending NWACC, which is a local community college. 

Edited to add: And it would explain some pics floating around of her at one of their events a few months ago. 

Yes, that’s where she is/was.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

Yes, that’s where she is/was.

Thank you! I never saw any concrete information, and I gave up on the People articles as they kept revising them or whatever they were doing. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Got it.  It all starts to run together for me.  

• Like 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Zella said:

And it would explain some pics floating around of her at one of their events a few months ago. 

I had forgotten about that.  I remember we wondered at the time if she was just on the campus for some one-time event for the public or if she was actually enrolled there.

eta:  I guess some of these comments would fit better in the other thread.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 2