Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E38: Live Eviction #14 / HoH Comp #15

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

"Can't wait to see Master Derrick smoke either Cody or Victoria with the jury votes. I love watching a real puppet master control every single player in this game. That's the opposite of boring to me." (And I still can't figure out how to use quote!)

Totally agree...complete opposite of boring! This is a pitcher's duel, all about strategy. Yeah the home runs are fun to watch but it's the quiet strategizing of Derrick that has me enthralled since the beginning. He's a master and I hope he wins it. Count me as a one of the few non-fans of dan gheesling (sp); I always thought he was an obvious, loud blowhard and I never got misted and didn't know how come the castmates did. Whereas I am a complete and total sucker for derricks smooth style. I love everything about it but one of my favorite things he does is that he's smart enough to stroke their egos and play himself down, telling everyone how awesome they are, then he goes to the diary room and says "that's how you do it". Derrick's eyes are on the prize and not some stupid sword fight. It would be a shame if they voted against him just because they got played.

• Love 6

My dream scenario would be Cody winning HOH and Derrick going home. Derrick is just getting a little too smug and too sure that he's going to win.

This season has been so boring and predictable that I would love to see a huge shake up at the end and Derrick to go out 3rd place.

But that would require Cody to grow some balls and a brain and see through Derrick's bullshit which I don't think will happen.

I would seriously pay money to see the look on Derrick's face when he realizes he's going home and all of his manipulations were for nothing.

If Cody wins and takes Derrick, his family will give him so much shit for falling for Derrick and his BS and handing him the win.

The only way Cody has a chance is against Victoria.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5

Our DVR screwed up. What happened in the first 15 minutes. It seems we had a great Cody yelling at Frankie moment?

If one were a Frankie hater, would it be worth purchasing the episode for the smack down?

No, but you can find it online for free -- it's definitely worth seeing!

I felt a little tearful through the whole episode.  I guess that's the problem with a season where I kind of like almost everyone.  I loved seeing Caleb's parents, what a cute little boy he was and still is.

I just realized Derrick's baby's name,  "Tenley," is from reality TV.  Tenley was a favorite on The Bachelor a few years ago.  Now, I'm hoping reality TV will furnish the little family a half million along with the baby name. 

Edited by JudyObscure

Frankie? That speech you gave was atrocious, sickening but most of all delusional. All your followers must be so proud of you!

Poor Caleb, so hot but so dumb.

Frankie's followers are probably just as delusional as he is.

And Caleb became progressively less hot as he got progressively more egotistical.

Ugh, Frankie has been evicted and we still have to suffer through what a disgusting human being he is. Is the toilet jealous of the shit that comes out of his mouth? No one loves Frankie more than Frankie. I mean, he seriously thought that HE, and he alone, would decide the fate of this game. Like he can walk into the jury house and charm them all like the pink-haired Pied Piper??? I loved Caleb laughing at the idea, and Cody flat out telling him - "You're not Jesus". 

Derrick's face when he heard his daughter's "Holla!" - priceless. 

Sigh, Caleb is gone. He had become so entertaining, I'm going to miss him and his crazy delusions (I could write a #1 best seller). RIP, Judy Chop!

• Love 3

"Can't wait to see Master Derrick smoke either Cody or Victoria with the jury votes. I love watching a real puppet master control every single player in this game. That's the opposite of boring to me." (And I still can't figure out how to use quote!)

Totally agree...complete opposite of boring! This is a pitcher's duel, all about strategy. Yeah the home runs are fun to watch but it's the quiet strategizing of Derrick that has me enthralled since the beginning. He's a master and I hope he wins it. Count me as a one of the few non-fans of dan gheesling (sp); I always thought he was an obvious, loud blowhard and I never got misted and didn't know how come the castmates did. Whereas I am a complete and total sucker for derricks smooth style. I love everything about it but one of my favorite things he does is that he's smart enough to stroke their egos and play himself down, telling everyone how awesome they are, then he goes to the diary room and says "that's how you do it". Derrick's eyes are on the prize and not some stupid sword fight. It would be a shame if they voted against him just because they got played.

Click the " in the lower right corner of the post you want to quote.  In the lower right hand corner a box will appear that says "quote one post."   Click that. 

Voila!  There you have it.  You will see a posting box with the post in it and your cursor will be in place to reply.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

I felt bad for Caleb when he was evicted. His face just looked so crestfallen. I wanted to give him a huge hug. Loved when he called Frankie out for not being a great person. I also laughed when he admitted his Mom said he isn't the brightest crayon in the box and Julie mentioned that at least he is in the box. He just clung to that with a "Yes! Yes I am!" He is kind of an adorable lug.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this but I found it very interesting that Julie said to Caleb "Well, at least you weren't booed." This makes me think that maybe Frankie actually was booed because Frankie was evicted between Caleb and Christine and it has been at least a week since Christine was evicted so the comment about being booed was't the most relevent. I'm probably grasping at straws but her comment just made me wonder.

• Love 2

Everyone on the jury knows about Derrick's little girl - either from pictures, hearing her voice, and possibly from Derrick's own mouth. If I were on the jury I'd vote for him, hands down. Of course he deserves to win for his brilliant gameplay, but most of the jury members also have a soft spot for Derrick's young family.

Frankie will try to sway the jury to vote for Victoria just to spite the guys, but I don't believe he'll have much influence. Obviously everyone has seen his true colors by now.

Click the " in the lower right corner of the post you want to quote. In the lower right hand corner a box will appear that says "quote one post." Click that.

Voila! There you have it. You will see a posting box with the post in it and your cursor will be in place to reply.

Wings707 you are my new favorite person.... Thank you!!!

Edited by Rbonnie

This season has been so boring and predictable with the unanimous and unsurprising evictions, that I had been waiting for the guys to have to turn on each other so it would finally get interesting. And lo and behold, IT WAS STILL BORING AND PREDICTABLE!

Obviously Derrick had to throw the Veto, and Victoria wasn't ever going to win it, so once Caleb admitted he wasn't going to get it, it was only a matter of time before Cody won the Veto. And obviously you have to get rid of Caleb, because Victoria is WAY easier to beat in the final HoH comps. Still, at least they were up front and nice about evicting him, which at this point you really have to be so you can get his vote.

I was so happy to see Frankie finally go home that I was irritated when they rewound for this episode so as to squeeze some more of him in. But then when it turned into Frankie being delusional and the guys (well, minus Derrick, who knows better) shut him down on the quickfast. The look on his face was kind of awesome. I also hope that on Friday we get some footage of him entering the Jury house so we can see them treat him the same way. Because as he was saying how everyone in the Jury would vote for him, I started thinking about who was in the jury. We know Christine hates his guts, and Nicole, too. Donny's probably not a big fan, either. Hayden? Doubtful. I suppose Zach might vote for him out of some misguided loyalty, but then again, maybe not. Frankie really is just completely blind to reality, isn't he?

So basically at this point, Cody and Derrick will win the first two HoH comps in whatever order, it doesn't matter, and on Wednesday, we'll see them compete against each other in the random quiz you have to get lucky guesses to win. I know that taking Victoria to the final two would ensure a win (nobody would honestly vote for Victoria to win the whole thing, although I could see Zach doing it as a joke), but I also think that the guys will take each other because you wouldn't even want Victoria to win the $50 grand. And I suspect that Derrick has played his game well enough so as not to present himself as a huge threat, so Cody probably thinks he can beat Derrick anyway. Derrick has only won the comps he's really NEEDED to win. And he's played way better than Cody, which I think the Jury has seen.

Derrick has owned this season, but while everyone has been praising his brilliant gameplay, I also wonder if he would have done as well if there had been anyone else in the house with half a brain...

Of course he deserves to win for his brilliant gameplay, but most of the jury members also have a soft spot for Derrick's young family.

Jocasta, Brittany and Devin also had young kids, that didn't stop the HG's from bouncing their asses out of the house.  If Derrick wins, it'll be because the jury respects his game play over the person sitting next to him, and that's all.

• Love 3

I loved how Caleb was able to express his view of Frankie so well.  He was spot on!  Frankie has spent the whole summer being for Frankie, about Frankie etc.

I loved seeing the whole fracas between the guys.  Frankie went out like a little bitch.  Sorry to all the dogs that may read that.  How awesome is that this happened at the precise time his sister is all over everything about being a horrible person.  I am loving it.

Derrick is playing a masterful game.  He threw the veto.  He positions himself very well throughout the game.  Knowing when to be HoH or win the veto has been his best kept secret.  His playing with this group was a score for him.  This group was totally into the "next big thing" and seemed to forget to play the game at hand.  So many sheep for Derrick to herd.  I also like that in comparison to other winners, he did it with as much compassion and ego stroking.  Let's not forget Evil Dick, what a nightmare that was.  Rachel was horrible too.  I never liked Dan.  Let's face it, it is a game.  I am probably the only person who very much dislikes the playing up the whole "but I have a child" thing.  My wife has cancer, I build schools in Africa...........Shut the hell up and sell it elsewhere, I ain't buying.

I predict that somehow Derrick assists Victoria to win HoH and lets her cut Cody.

Edited by jumper sage

Click the " in the lower right corner of the post you want to quote.  In the lower right hand corner a box will appear that says "quote one post."   Click that. 

Voila!  There you have it.  You will see a posting box with the post in it and your cursor will be in place to reply.  

All this time I thought something was wrong with my dag-gum computer.

• Love 3

While I agree that Derrick has played a masterful game and probably deserves to win, I thought Cody's speech was very very smart. It would be SO much more interesting if he bounces Derrick and takes Victoria to the final 2... but I realize that is a pipe dream. Looking forward to the part where the HGs find out what Derrick's real job is.

Caleb flailing his dadgum arms in front of Julie was great. And I too wondered about the comment she made regarding the 'booing'. Frankie must have gotten some. But why not let us savor that, show?? I wanted it so badly. (ok, now I'm worried about me)

Please please please can we get some jury house Frankie-hate? Too bad there's no Live Feed from the Jury House.

• Love 2

I'm curious why Frankie said he'd be reunited with his millions of followers.  They're sequestered from social media, right?  And what are his followers going to do about who wins BB anyway?  

I'm also curious why people seem to think Derrick plans to honor his F2 with Cody, not Victoria.  Why would he do that?  Why would he OR Cody do that?  I thought the whole purpose of keeping Vic this long was to sit next to the goat at the end.  Or was it just to have a total competition non-threat along to the end?  

Hi Everyone longtime lurker first time poster...

Just had to ring in and say WTF CBS!! 2 shows in a row you show live shots of the HG's sitting in the chairs before the Veto comp is shown. So we basically know the results before the comp is aired on the show. Brilliant move!

Loved Cody and Caleb shutting down Frankie, he needed that. I agree with whomever posted earlier about Chenbots comment about Caleb not getting boo'd. Made me wonder if the cheers for Frankie were edited in.

• Love 5

Ding dong the delusional dipshit is gone!  You're going to single-handedly decide the winner of BB? WTF?! Who says that?!  When they reintroduce the jury on finale night one by one, Frankie better get the hell boo'd out of him and finally get his reality check that we all missed out on during his CBS audience eviction.  I just can't with him anymore.

Just had to ring in and say WTF CBS!! 2 shows in a row you show live shots of the HG's sitting in the chairs before the Veto comp is shown. So we basically know the results before the comp is aired on the show. Brilliant move!

I noticed that too! Even though I knew who had won veto, I would have been irked by that if I was watching it as a regular viewer without access to feeds info.

• Love 3

They did this last week, but I don't think that's what happened here.  At the beginning of the show, none of the HGs were in the nomination chairs, because nominations hadn't been shown.  Once those were shown, the two nominees moved to the chairs.  The POV meeting had technically not happened yet.  If Caleb or Victoria had won POV, they would've removed themselves off the nomination chairs (If they chose to use the POV) live right before the vote. 

I noticed that too! Even though I knew who had won veto, I would have been irked by that if I was watching it as a regular viewer without access to feeds info.

I think they do this every year.  It just so happened that the last two weeks the veto wasn't used so it didn't change.  It previous seasons, the will show the veto comp, and then if it's used the people will shuffle around in the chairs during the show.

While I agree that Derrick has played a masterful game and probably deserves to win, I thought Cody's speech was very very smart.

I agree. At the very least, it ruined Derrick's plan of not having any "blood on his hands". Derrick wanted Cody to just vote Caleb out and make it look like Cody was the one who betrayed the 3 person alliance and that didn't happen. Not that it will really make much of a difference since everyone in the house, save Frankie and Caleb, know that Derrick ran the whole came and played them all and likely think he deserves to win this game. I can see Caleb voting for anyone BUT Derrick just because he stabbed him the back. I have no idea what Frankie would do and I think he's dumb if he thinks anyone in the Jury House cares about anything he has to say. Not that they're even allowed to actually talk about the game that much anyway.

I wanted to cry for Caleb last night too. I've grown to like him a lot and he looked so sad when he left. This game is all about lying and backstabbing as we all know, but I think he actually believed that he was in control of his fate. I like Cody, but I thought what he said in the DR about using Caleb was terrible and I hate that the producers/editors included it.

I know the truth of who Victoria is (I want to type Veronica every single time) but part of me is hoping that she'll admit that she's been playing dumb this whole time because she knew that someone would take her to the end. Cody and Derrick should both take her if they know what's good for them.

• Love 2

Caleb: "Momma always said, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box."

Julie: "At least you're in the box."

Huh?

I just thought Cody was an ass tonight. I understand cutting Caleb and making it known you two were a package since Day 2 but you didn't have to be demeaning to him especially that DR about Caleb just being used by him to get Frankie out and now he owes him jack... just left a bad taste in my mouth. He could have at least given him a "loyal soldier" goodbye still instead of the "You've been a clueless puppet all year and you're pretty much a joke. Get to steppin'" goodbye. Classless.

Agreed. Maybe not "classless," but ignorant. Of course Caleb doesn't "get it," Cody - you've been lying to him this whole time. The more he shows his arrogance, the less attractive Cody seems, because much like in his real life he has basically sailed through this game doing next to nothing. And he's just as clueless as Cody was WRT Derrick.

I still don't understand this "master plan" for Victoria to work votes for Derrick in the jury house. If they didn't listen to her all season, why would they start now? Then again, they're still under the impression that "Victoria totally hates Derrick!" is believable, even when she proclaims without a hint of malice that she loves everyone during her eviction speech. I guess they think houseguests must go selectively deaf during evictions.

You know what's really interesting? We're not getting any kind of reactions in DR to this sham from anyone except Derrick and Victoria. Which is suspicious because it seems exactly like something the DR people would prompt the HGs to address: "What do you think about the feud between Victoria and Derrick??" 

Yet, we have heard nothing about this from Cody, Caleb or Frankie in the DR. I bet one of them went "Oh that? I don't buy it. Victoria is a lousy actress." But, that would spoil the narrative the show has going about Derrick being some genius puppet master.

I've got news for you, it doesn't take a genius to snow most of the idiots in this house. Derrick is reasonably intelligent and the rest of them are morons. That's not so much brilliant game play as it is bad casting.

• Love 5

So many sheep for Derrick to herd.

This is a good summary of why I don't want to see Derrick win. I know it's not his fault that the producers stacked the deck in casting and the comps, but it would still grate.

What was up with the shots of Frankie without the pink in his hair? Were the producers going for a skunk analogy with just the off-white stripe?

I know the truth of who Victoria is (I want to type Veronica every single time) but part of me is hoping that she'll admit that she's been playing dumb this whole time because she knew that someone would take her to the end.

Although I'm rooting for Derrick I wouldn't mind Victoria winning either. If she's been pulling an act this whole time then that would mean she's fooled the puppet master himself, Derrick, too. Even he would have to applaud that kind of ability to stay in character. Not sure if the jury would be impressed by it though. Don't they tend to resent floaters and not want to reward them in the end?

I loved how Caleb was able to express his view of Frankie so well.  He was spot on!

It was amazing how Caleb could manage to be so perceptive at times yet so delusional other times. I felt bad for him during Cody's POV speech because you could almost see his beastmode heart breaking. I hope he gets some TV appearances after BB because he really is fun to watch when he's into his tall tales and other antics.

Unlike American Idol, the most "post-BB" exposure these clowns can hope for are spots on The Amazing Race or Couples Therapy. Or both. (I'm waiting for Brenchel to show up on the latter, but then I'd have to watch with the sound off and captioning on). I suppose there's some money in that, but it ain't "Hollywood".

Every season they talk about how famous they are going to become and it's just.... sad.

• Love 3

Caleb: "Momma always said, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box."

Julie: "At least you're in the box."

Huh?

Caleb has used the "not the brightest crayon" line two or three times before now. Julie is referring to something Caleb said during the episode where they had to roll the dice to land a certain number on a platform. Caleb told us all that his mother always tells him "I'm not the brightest crayon in the box but at least I'm in the box." 

Hi Everyone longtime lurker first time poster...

Loved Cody and Caleb shutting down Frankie, he needed that. I agree with whomever posted earlier about Chenbots comment about Caleb not getting boo'd. Made me wonder if the cheers for Frankie were edited in.

Yeah, I noticed them showing where everyone was sitting, too---I  was wondering at first if it was just one of their new "twists" or some fool thing, but nope---just sheer stupidity!

Tonight just cemented my dislike of Cody, tho---thought his response to Caleb's heartfelt "loyalty" plea was totally contrived, and I  think he's just a punk who likes to talk smack. Him saying that he and Derrick had made all the big decisions together; delusional, much? And I can't even console myself with his pretty (like I could Caleb, LOL! though Zach is more my type :)) because I never did find him attractive, even back for the brief period of time that I did like him. He always strikes me as a petulant child, having little hissy fits when things don't go the way HE feels they should.

Oh, well, with my luck, he'll get to choose, pick Victoria and win 500,000---he's certainly been on a roll lately! :)

Edited to add just read the posts about this and it does make a little more sense now---thanx! :)

Edited by Kittykatkins
  • Love 1

Caleb has used the "not the brightest crayon" line two or three times before now. Julie is referring to something Caleb said during the episode where they had to roll the dice to land a certain number on a platform. Caleb told us all that his mother always tells him "I'm not the brightest crayon in the box but at least I'm in the box." 

I kind of interpreted it to mean, "I may not be Einstein but I'm hot enough and funny enough to make it onto this show."  Since they are pretty literally in a box for the whole summer.  But with Caleb and his family, who knows.  It might mean, "I'm just grateful to be alive at all."

It was amazing how Caleb could manage to be so perceptive at times yet so delusional other times.

Yeah - I mean Frankie was obnoxious but Caleb is one to say someone else was "tooting their own horn" the whole game, especially given the montage they showed this very episode of him bragging on everything from his impending modeling and recording contracts to his prowess at writing a best selling novel.

Yeah - I mean Frankie was obnoxious but Caleb is one to say someone else was "tooting their own horn" the whole game, especially given the montage they showed this very episode of him bragging on everything from his impending modeling and recording contracts to his prowess at writing a best selling novel.

Somehow Caleb was funny and endearing in his lies. Frankie was just utterly annoying.

• Love 6
I'm curious why Frankie said he'd be reunited with his millions of followers.  They're sequestered from social media, right?  And what are his followers going to do about who wins BB anyway?

Frankie continues to appear confused as to who determines the outcome of this game. This was not the first time he made a comment that made it seem like he thought America voted or something. 

• Love 1

Agreed. Maybe not "classless," but ignorant. Of course Caleb doesn't "get it," Cody - you've been lying to him this whole time. The more he shows his arrogance, the less attractive Cody seems, because much like in his real life he has basically sailed through this game doing next to nothing. And he's just as clueless as Cody was WRT Derrick.

You know what's really interesting? We're not getting any kind of reactions in DR to this sham from anyone except Derrick and Victoria. Which is suspicious because it seems exactly like something the DR people would prompt the HGs to address: "What do you think about the feud between Victoria and Derrick??" 

Yet, we have heard nothing about this from Cody, Caleb or Frankie in the DR. I bet one of them went "Oh that? I don't buy it. Victoria is a lousy actress." But, that would spoil the narrative the show has going about Derrick being some genius puppet master.

Well, the quote boxes are a little wonky, oh well.  On the first point - Cody's arrogance.  I think we saw what kind of person he might be, when his parents laughed at the controversy of him being overly familiar with a married woman.  The dad flat out said it - he's using her.  Cody has probably skated by on his looks and athletic ability, and his brain gets a little moldy.

Regarding the Derrick and Victoria "fight".  They've shown little bits here and there.  When Victoria walked in the room and told Derrick coldly - "You're in my bed".  Whoever was in the room (can't recall) was like, yikes, awkward.  Frankie was smart enough to figure it out, but I bet Cody and Caleb still bought it.

Frankie continues to appear confused as to who determines the outcome of this game. This was not the first time he made a comment that made it seem like he thought America voted or something. 

Maybe they know something we don't.  Or maybe they're all playing for America's Favorite Player or something.  

Speaking of... Did they announce that was happening last night?  I heard something about America's turn to vote as I was walking out.  But still, Frankie's not going to be on social media and he could win that within the house or outside it anyway, so why bring it up as a reason not to evict him.

Did they ever do anything else with those Fitbits?  I saw one stupid "who's laziest" competition with them and that's it, but they're still wearing the things.  

Yes, Winston9-DT3, you can vote on CBS.com.  You can also see fitbit stuff on cbs.com which hilariously revealed that Frankie gained 29 pounds in the house (or so it says... I still don't see where exactly the weight went on him).  Hopefully Zach calls him a fat ass when he gets to jury since Frankie never missed an opportunity to call out Zach on his weight gain.

I've also been secretly hoping for a super-stealth-Victoria reveal. Not that I really think it's going to happen, but it sure would be fun. I imagine it as her casually pulling off her wig to reveal a spiky pixie cut, while breaking into a cultivated British accent, and revealing that she is a 35 year old college professor. 

Edited by TexasChic
  • Love 7

And so Caleb's game comes to an end.  Yep, now he's Deceased-Mode Cowboy.

He had his endearing moments, but overall he was such a try-hard, from his supposed "hurr dat!" catchphrase to getting "dad-gum" and "judy chop" into every conversation he could.  And he actually blocked Julie's camera with his flexing as she was trying to throw it to commercial.  Sheesh, not even Jessie Godderz did that.  (And Julie asked Jessie to do one pose, which is all he did.)

I can't say I like Cody, who vacillates from pissy pussy to angry and arrogant (and who should have known that Christine has a gay BFF/"husband" at home, not that he'll ever get asked to take responsibility for his half of the "flirtmance"), but he did a very nice job of throwing all the blood that Derrick wanted on his (Cody's) hands back on Derrick in his speech to Caleb.  He made it clear that he and Derrick have been together the entire game, that they've made all their decisions together, and that Derrick is the only person he has had a Final Two agreement with.  Derrick didn't try to rebut any of this (Julie would have shushed him, but he could have tried, or he could have contradicted Cody as Caleb was leaving), and if Cody sticks to this narrative at the Final Two, he'd get my vote if I was on that jury.

Consider:  Cody has won more competitions than Derrick.  Cody won the key HoH when Nicole returned to the House and a Donny win could have shaken things up. (The first solo HoH except for Caleb's brief reign during the initial double eviction.) Cody won the crucial final two Vetoes to eliminate the strongest opponents (Frankie, Caleb) in the house.  Cody had one alliance and stayed loyal to it, while Derrick blew smoke up people's butts, mostly unnecessarily.  (I can't think Donny appreciates Derrick constantly lying to him about Team America and then being the one to ultimately cut his throat, when Frankie and Caleb campaigned to save him.  And how much credit should Derrick get for "bamboozling" a clueless non-threat like Victoria, exactly?)

Yes, Derrick can now claim to be the "true" mastermind of The Hitmen, but it was Cody who revealed the alliance and claimed equal credit for the moves.  Unless Derrick has specific examples of things he did that overruled Cody's wishes and changed the game, he'd seem like he was just running his mouth.  (The closest case I can think of is during Cody's initial HoH where he briefly considered not using Donny as the replacement nom to evict Brittany and backdooring Caleb instead, and yes, Derrick's input was valuable here, but Cody was the one who made the actual decision and all he truly did was stick to the original plan;  I'm not sure that qualifies as the game-changer Derrick needs for the sake of his argument.)

Someone upthread said they weren't a fan of Dan Gheesling because his moves were flashy and obvious and the poster preferred Derrick's subtlety.  But Derrick was so "subtle" he arguably didn't have to do anything;  everyone on Dan's juries could see the problems he faced and the lengths he went to in order to solve them.  They saw him go into 24 hours of solitary a dead man walking, and saw him come out, reduce his former ally to tears, forge an alliance with his enemies, get taken off the block and eliminate a key linchpin in the alliance he had just betrayed.  (And then they saw him pivot back and take Britney's spot and re-form that same alliance, much to the disgust of those at home who were sick of the stupid "Quack Pack".) In his first season, Dan had his alliance (Brian's group) crumble in Week 1, get immediately wiped out (except for him), was (correctly) suspected of being America's Player, got himself called "Judas" at a veto meeting and had to beg for his life and sell out his HoH before the DR talked him into breaking the deal he made (er, before he masterminded a brilliant double-cross but I'm still convinced that was the DR at work, which is why I was NOT a fan of his that season)…and yet, he still had a perfect season, 16-0.  (He won by 9-0 the one time he was on the block, and 7-0 in the final vote.  And never went on slop, either.)

What has Derrick done, besides sit back and let Cody (and Caleb, and Frankie) do the work.  Yeah, Cody did the work…so how is that a reason to vote for Derrick, exactly?  And yes, he's spawned, but this is supposed to be Big Brother, not Pay Daddy.  If Frankie or Donny reveal the Team America twist to the Jury (they should be obligated to, if S12 Matt was forced to 'fess up about his wife's non-existent leg disease, IMO), then the Jury will know that Derrick has already won $30,000 (five TA tasks, plus the $5000 that went with the "holla"s)…isn't $80,000 enough of a donation to Tenley's college fund, while still allowing the jurors to vote for the player they think played better?  (Remember, the Jurors haven't seen Derrick's Golden Edit with the Derrick Explains It All constant parade of "look what a genius I am, America!" DRs.)

I mean, Derrick is probably seen as a slightly-nicer guy and is better liked in the Jury House, but it was Cody who got rid of all the major threats to his game (Donny, Frankie, Caleb) while Derrick can only claim supervising the consensus back-door of Devin and 20 minutes' worth of "going with the house" to kick out Christine.  I'd like to think that if I was on that jury, I'd be voting for Cody, personal feelings aside…especially if he wins the final HoH and drags Derrick to the F2.  But JMO.

• Love 3

(Remember, the Jurors haven't seen Derrick's Golden Edit with the Derrick Explains It All constant parade of "look what a genius I am, America!" DRs.)

No they haven't, but they all seem to have gotten to that point all on their own.  Almost everyone in the jury house when either they are asked or when talking to one another have said that once being booted they realize how much of a role Derrick has played in the actions that got them where they are sitting.  They don't have to see the DRs (which are mighty entertaining if you ask me) to get to the same conclusion.  

I used to worry that Derrick was working so much behind the scenes and on a meta level that the evicted house guests would have a hard time seeing all that he had done and therefore give the win to someone else, but that fear was quickly shown to be unfounded. 

• Love 1
What has Derrick done, besides sit back and let Cody (and Caleb, and Frankie) do the work.

He had friendly "heartfelt" conversations with them--he liked them...was concerned for them, and led them (they didn't know it) to do what was best for his game.  Each time he convinced the house guest that the idea was not his...but the guest's.  Genius...in my book (available on Amazon.com).

• Love 2

I can't say I like Cody, who vacillates from pissy pussy to angry and arrogant (and who should have known that Christine has a gay BFF/"husband" at home, not that he'll ever get asked to take responsibility for his half of the "flirtmance"), but he did a very nice job of throwing all the blood that Derrick wanted on his (Cody's) hands back on Derrick in his speech to Caleb.  He made it clear that he and Derrick have been together the entire game, that they've made all their decisions together, and that Derrick is the only person he has had a Final Two agreement with.  Derrick didn't try to rebut any of this (Julie would have shushed him, but he could have tried, or he could have contradicted Cody as Caleb was leaving), and if Cody sticks to this narrative at the Final Two, he'd get my vote if I was on that jury.

Consider:  Cody has won more competitions than Derrick.  Cody won the key HoH when Nicole returned to the House and a Donny win could have shaken things up. (The first solo HoH except for Caleb's brief reign during the initial double eviction.) Cody won the crucial final two Vetoes to eliminate the strongest opponents (Frankie, Caleb) in the house.  Cody had one alliance and stayed loyal to it, while Derrick blew smoke up people's butts, mostly unnecessarily.  (I can't think Donny appreciates Derrick constantly lying to him about Team America and then being the one to ultimately cut his throat, when Frankie and Caleb campaigned to save him.  And how much credit should Derrick get for "bamboozling" a clueless non-threat like Victoria, exactly?)

Yes, Derrick can now claim to be the "true" mastermind of The Hitmen, but it was Cody who revealed the alliance and claimed equal credit for the moves.  Unless Derrick has specific examples of things he did that overruled Cody's wishes and changed the game, he'd seem like he was just running his mouth.  (The closest case I can think of is during Cody's initial HoH where he briefly considered not using Donny as the replacement nom to evict Brittany and backdooring Caleb instead, and yes, Derrick's input was valuable here, but Cody was the one who made the actual decision and all he truly did was stick to the original plan;  I'm not sure that qualifies as the game-changer Derrick needs for the sake of his argument.)

What has Derrick done, besides sit back and let Cody (and Caleb, and Frankie) do the work.  Yeah, Cody did the work…so how is that a reason to vote for Derrick, exactly?  And yes, he's spawned, but this is supposed to be Big Brother, not Pay Daddy.  If Frankie or Donny reveal the Team America twist to the Jury (they should be obligated to, if S12 Matt was forced to 'fess up about his wife's non-existent leg disease, IMO), then the Jury will know that Derrick has already won $30,000 (five TA tasks, plus the $5000 that went with the "holla"s)…isn't $80,000 enough of a donation to Tenley's college fund, while still allowing the jurors to vote for the player they think played better?  (Remember, the Jurors haven't seen Derrick's Golden Edit with the Derrick Explains It All constant parade of "look what a genius I am, America!" DRs.)

If I was in the jury I woud see it like this, Derrick chose the jury, if Cody had actually had as much input as he claims then Paola, Amber and Brittany would definitely be there and Christine would be the last woman standing. Cody threw away guaranteed jury votes and none of them have any faith in Cody being able to do much of anything except cuddle. The jury knows that Derrick has been playing a stealth game and probably realizes that he threw POV competitions as well as HOH. If we're going solely by HOH wins, Derrick was sole HOH week 3, co-HOH week 8 which he very obviously threw to Frankie, sole HOH week 10 and week 12. Cody was HOH week 4 and week 9. Since a good portion of the jury was playing as a team and throwing competitions such as the "stay or fold" competition that was handed to Cody which I believe was a POV, I don't think they're going to take him seriously as a competition beast or as a strategist.

Also as has been mentioned, the jury already figured out what Derrick has done.

Is the toilet jealous of the shit that comes out of his mouth?

Never heard this before, but will be using it frequently going forward. 

I found it very interesting that Julie said to Caleb "Well, at least you weren't booed." This makes me think that maybe Frankie actually was booed because Frankie was evicted between Caleb and Christine and it has been at least a week since Christine was evicted so the comment about being booed was't the most relevant

I had the very same thought.  We've seen Cody worry about getting booed, but not Caleb (the thought that anyone would boo him would never enter his mind!), and so it made no sense that she said it to him, unless there have been boos the last two times.  And since they edited Frankie's exit and the HG's reaction to it, we have no idea if he was booed.  So I'm choosing to believe he was.

Somehow Caleb was funny and endearing in his lies. Frankie was just utterly annoying.

I've thought more about this than is probably healthy, and I think it's because Caleb's lies and bragging were more about wanting to seem cool and to make people like him, whereas Frankie's seemed to come from him actually believing that everyone already loves him and he is better than everyone else.  So with Caleb, it's easier to be like "Oh, geez, there he goes again, that crazy kid!", like his parents did, while with Frankie it's more "SHUT UP, FRANKIE."  Also, Caleb occasionally showed a flash of self-awareness about his stories, and he obviously knew he was lying, but I think Frankie believes his own shit.  Just my 2 cents.

I used to worry that Derrick was working so much behind the scenes and on a meta level that the evicted house guests would have a hard time seeing all that he had done

I suspect that when they're all comparing notes in the jury house, with no reason to lie or withhold anything, combined with the benefit of hindsight instead of being in the middle of it, it was pretty easy for the jurors to piece together how Derrick worked them all.​

• Love 1

Re: Frankie and his 'millions of followers.' Either 1.) He assumed he gets to 'reconnect' with the untold millions clamoring for his 140 character bits of wisdom upon entering the jury house, or 2.) He does think America has a vote and is laboring under the delusion that he is, indeed, lurved. Wrong on several counts, but as we have all seen, Frankie's legend exists largely in his own mind.

Frankie - knowing how your 'millions of fans' are just begging to be wowed by your talent...please rename your Youtube channel 'Delusions of Grande' - because that's fitting.

• Love 4

Derrick was sole HOH week 3, co-HOH week 8 which he very obviously threw to Frankie, sole HOH week 10 and week 12. Cody was HOH week 4 and week 9. 

I assume you mean Week 5 for the "Frankie, would you like to be HoH?" throw during the Knockout Country Song HoH?  Derrick wasn't a co-HoH there; Zach had already secured one of the spots and Derrick/Frankie were competing for the other one.  Yes, as I wrote, Derrick was HoH in Week 3 (obvious eviction of Devin, anybody could have done it) and during the Week 9 double-evict of Christine (actually the 11th HoH; Nicole's re-eviction by Caleb was the 10th), which was preplanned by all three guys and which was probably a blip on the group consciousness.  And this last HoH was one where everybody, even Derrick himself, said that the key issue was who won the Veto.  Cody did that.  (Derrick threw it, but he hasn't admitted that.)

Yes, the Jurors (in an edited segment that's part of Derrick's Golden Edit, from which many pro-Cody remarks might well have been cut) have said that Derrick is playing a strategic game and is doing a good job of manipulating people, but the revelation that he and Cody have been working as a team since Day 2 has to take some of the "I'm a genius puppetmaster" shine away from Derrick, IMO, unless he can prove he played Cody equally as much.  And again, who were the biggest threats The Hitmen faced?  Donny, Frankie, and Caleb.  Of the six comps that sent those three packing, Cody won four, where Derrick won one…in a tie-break with Cody, during a Week where the HoH is essentially powerless and can't do anything except secure his own safety.

(The classic example of this was during S9, when Ryan won the F4 HoH and Veto…and then couldn't find a way to get either of his two allies [Adam and Sharon] to boot Sheila, the person he wanted gone, instead of each other.  He eventually gave the vote to Adam, on promise that Adam would keep Sharon; instead Adam evicted her, and just "Sorry, bro"'d his way out it.)

Derrick chose the jury, if Cody had actually had as much input as he claims then Paola, Amber and Brittany would definitely be there

Derrick had almost nothing to do with Paola's eviction; the initial "save Brittany!" campaign was led by Zach and Cody (Derrick was content to let her go, even then) and after Britt worked her "I'm a mom, you're a dad" magic on Devin and Devin swapped her for Zach, it was Cody who was more committed to keeping Zach as part of Los Tres Amigos than Derrick was.  And the Amber eviction was pretty much the whole house working together to blindside Caleb (who thought his Princess was only on the block as a "test of loyalty") and sever any possible alliance between Beast Mode and his stalking victim;  I don't recall Cody proposing any alternative plans and getting overruled that week.  (Frankie was the one who did most of the work, which later caused problems in his own relationship with Caleb.)

And yes, Derrick did a lovely job of playing Iago to Cody's Othello and convincing him to smother Brittany/Desdemona…but it was Cody (and his frustrated "the only woman in the house I really want won't give me a chance" hormones) that was actually HoH that week, and snuffed Britt's candle.  As much as I hated the move (because I loved Brittany and she would have been loyal to Cody, Derrick's claims aside), I have a hard time saying that she left the House against Cody's will.  That's one case, out of the three cited, where Cody may have gotten played…but a big fat zero where he was a helpless bystander, as you portray him.  And against all that, in a House whose mantra all summer was "we'll get to the Final 5/6/whatever and then we'll just battle it out" is the clear fact that it was Cody who won those battles.  Even moreso if he wins this last HoH and takes Derrick, the hypothetical "$450,000 mistake" scenario being discussed.

(Which it still could be, of course, and I'm personally rooting for Cody to cut Derrick and make the Golden Edit a complete joke.  I just don't buy the argument that a Hitmen finale is a sure thing for Derrick and Cody would be "stupid" to take him.   But JMO.)

Edited by DAngelus
  • Love 1

I'm glad the voting opened right after they tossed Frankie to the wolves with that "I alone choose the BB winner" speech.  I don't think he has a chance now, if he did before that.  

Caleb's been getting such a cute edit it wouldn't surprise me if he fared well.  Usually the Survivor 'Sprint winner' was the one with the most favorable edit right before the voting opened.  People have short memories.  

I assume you mean Week 5 for the "Frankie, would you like to be HoH?" throw during the Knockout Country Song HoH?  Derrick wasn't a co-HoH there; Zach had already secured one of the spots and Derrick/Frankie were competing for the other one.  Yes, as I wrote, Derrick was HoH in Week 3 (obvious eviction of Devin, anybody could have done it) and during the Week 9 double-evict of Christine (actually the 11th HoH; Nicole's re-eviction by Caleb was the 10th), which was preplanned by all three guys and which was probably a blip on the group consciousness.  And this last HoH was one where everybody, even Derrick himself, said that the key issue was who won the Veto.  Cody did that.  (Derrick threw it, but he hasn't admitted that.)

Yes, the Jurors (in an edited segment that's part of Derrick's Golden Edit, from which many pro-Cody remarks might well have been cut) have said that Derrick is playing a strategic game and is doing a good job of manipulating people, but the revelation that he and Cody have been working as a team since Day 2 has to take some of the "I'm a genius puppetmaster" shine away from Derrick, IMO, unless he can prove he played Cody equally as much.  And again, who were the biggest threats The Hitmen faced?  Donny, Frankie, and Caleb.  Of the six comps that sent those three packing, Cody won four, where Derrick won one…in a tie-break with Cody, during a Week where the HoH is essentially powerless and can't do anything except secure his own safety.

(The classic example of this was during S9, when Ryan won the F4 HoH and Veto…and then couldn't find a way to get either of his two allies [Adam and Sharon] to boot Sheila, the person he wanted gone, instead of each other.  He eventually gave the vote to Adam, on promise that Adam would keep Sharon; instead Adam evicted her, and just "Sorry, bro"'d his way out it.)

Derrick had almost nothing to do with Paola's eviction; the initial "save Brittany!" campaign was led by Zach and Cody (Derrick was content to let her go, even then) and after Britt worked her "I'm a mom, you're a dad" magic on Devin and Devin swapped her for Zach, it was Cody who was more committed to keeping Zach as part of Los Tres Amigos than Derrick was.  And the Amber eviction was pretty much the whole house working together to blindside Caleb (who thought his Princess was only on the block as a "test of loyalty") and sever any possible alliance between Beast Mode and his stalking victim;  I don't recall Cody proposing any alternative plans and getting overruled that week.  (Frankie was the one who did most of the work, which later caused problems in his own relationship with Caleb.)

And yes, Derrick did a lovely job of playing Iago to Cody's Othello and convincing him to smother Brittany/Desdemona…but it was Cody (and his frustrated "the only woman in the house I really want won't give me a chance" hormones) that was actually HoH that week, and snuffed Britt's candle.  As much as I hated the move (because I loved Brittany and she would have been loyal to Cody, Derrick's claims aside), I have a hard time saying that she left the House against Cody's will.  That's one case, out of the three cited, where Cody may have gotten played…but a big fat zero where he was a helpless bystander, as you portray him.  And against all that, in a House whose mantra all summer was "we'll get to the Final 5/6/whatever and then we'll just battle it out" is the clear fact that it was Cody who won those battles.  Even moreso if he wins this last HoH and takes Derrick, the hypothetical "$450,000 mistake" scenario being discussed.

(Which it still could be, of course, and I'm personally rooting for Cody to cut Derrick and make the Golden Edit a complete joke.  I just don't buy the argument that a Hitmen finale is a sure thing for Derrick and Cody would be "stupid" to take him.   But JMO.)

I never claimed that Cody was a helpless bystander. My post was in regards to how I think the jury sees him, not me, therefore you misunderstood my post, I made a post earlier in the live feed thread as to why I believe Cody has been loyal to Derrick. You're right, I mixed up the HOH that Derrick threw to Frankie. As for the evictions of Bittany and Amber, Cody said he realized that that was not beneficial to his game but he let himself be talked into agreeing with them. Paola wanted to form an alliance with Cody when they met, she tried flirting with him to get him to work with her. In most evictions Cody has admitted that that's not who he really wanted out but that ties back to my other post as to why he's loyal to Derrick which I understand his perspective.

Edited by willpwr

And so Caleb's game comes to an end.  Yep, now he's Deceased-Mode Cowboy.

He had his endearing moments, but overall he was such a try-hard, from his supposed "hurr dat!" catchphrase to getting "dad-gum" and "judy chop" into every conversation he could.  And he actually blocked Julie's camera with his flexing as she was trying to throw it to commercial.  Sheesh, not even Jessie Godderz did that.  (And Julie asked Jessie to do one pose, which is all he did.)

Someone upthread said they weren't a fan of Dan Gheesling because his moves were flashy and obvious and the poster preferred Derrick's subtlety.  But Derrick was so "subtle" he arguably didn't have to do anything;  everyone on Dan's juries could see the problems he faced and the lengths he went to in order to solve them.  They saw him go into 24 hours of solitary a dead man walking, and saw him come out, reduce his former ally to tears, forge an alliance with his enemies, get taken off the block and eliminate a key linchpin in the alliance he had just betrayed.  (And then they saw him pivot back and take Britney's spot and re-form that same alliance, much to the disgust of those at home who were sick of the stupid "Quack Pack".) In his first season, Dan had his alliance (Brian's group) crumble in Week 1, get immediately wiped out (except for him), was (correctly) suspected of being America's Player, got himself called "Judas" at a veto meeting and had to beg for his life and sell out his HoH before the DR talked him into breaking the deal he made (er, before he masterminded a brilliant double-cross but I'm still convinced that was the DR at work, which is why I was NOT a fan of his that season)…and yet, he still had a perfect season, 16-0.  (He won by 9-0 the one time he was on the block, and 7-0 in the final vote.  And never went on slop, either.)

I mean, Derrick is probably seen as a slightly-nicer guy and is better liked in the Jury House, but it was Cody who got rid of all the major threats to his game (Donny, Frankie, Caleb) while Derrick can only claim supervising the consensus back-door of Devin and 20 minutes' worth of "going with the house" to kick out Christine.  I'd like to think that if I was on that jury, I'd be voting for Cody, personal feelings aside…especially if he wins the final HoH and drags Derrick to the F2.  But JMO.

I think this is my favorite post of all season. Perfectly articulates why I just couldn't see Derrick as the next Dan Gheesling no matter how hard I tried. I'm really curious to see how Derrick will explain his gameplay come F2, because as you said, "I made up all the plans and got you guys to execute them for me" will be difficult to back up next to Cody's track record of solid HOH and Veto wins at crucial points in the game. I see no reason why the jury shouldn't view Derrick as a male Victoria in comparison.

Edited by EvilApplesauce
I've thought more about this than is probably healthy, and I think it's because Caleb's lies and bragging were more about wanting to seem cool and to make people like him, whereas Frankie's seemed to come from him actually believing that everyone already loves him and he is better than everyone else.  So with Caleb, it's easier to be like "Oh, geez, there he goes again, that crazy kid!", like his parents did, while with Frankie it's more "SHUT UP, FRANKIE."  Also, Caleb occasionally showed a flash of self-awareness about his stories, and he obviously knew he was lying, but I think Frankie believes his own shit.  Just my 2 cents.

A lot of the difference between how people take Caleb's and Frankie's tales is, IMHO, how they own it:

• When Frankie is challenged (ex. the "You're not Jesus" convo), he gets defensive, haughty, strident and pissy.
  • When Caleb is challenged (ex. Derrick calling Caleb out on his West Point story), he enjoys the laugh at his expense - joins in, even - and moves on.

This is why Caleb comes across as an entertaining tall tale teller, while Frankie comes across as an entitled douche.

YMMV

• Love 6