Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Beholder

I wasn't.  Fausto isn't a psychopath. He's a brutal criminal who deals with those who cross him in his criminal enterprises sadistically or tortures if terrorizing someone would send a message to his enemies. But he compartmentalizes and is also a gregarious guy who enjoys the simple pleasures of his culture.

I agree.  I saw that scene as Fausto trying to be a normal person.  When he told the girl's father "forget who I am," I didn't hear that as a threat, more like, "please forget who I am so I can be normal."  Fausto probably knows his days are numbered and wants to enjoy what time he has left.

I'm not 100% sure but I think Eleanor is an independent contractor, working for the CIA.  During that scene in the diner, the one the reporters witnessed, one of the agents said something like, "you said Fausto would be easy to control."  I think the CIA is allowing Fausto to do his business, just as long as they get a portion of his money and that he stays on his side of the border.  Kidnapping Sonya and the shootout at Red Ridge put Fausto on the CIA's radar and now they probably want to get rid of him and quick.  Eleanor and the CIA want the ledger because that's the proof she was taking from Fausto and giving to the CIA.    That's what I think is happening.  

So, Ian Hart was the guy with the vendetta against Marco (the whole death of the son arc) in the first season, was killed in jail a few weeks ago, and now he is a CIA agent (an entirely different person, obviously)? Someone in charge of casting loves this guy (well he is a great actor). He is also on Boardwalk Empire right now being evul. And I just saw him as Beethoven in a 2003 BBC film of the first performance of the Eroica Symphony (absolutely excellent for all you classical music fans out there). When he appeared next to Adam Arkin it was such a strange confluence of stuff I watch (including Sons of Anarchy, of course). And more on topic, I did love this episode although like many here I'm not quite sure what Marco is intending to do with Fausto ultimately - they have such a familial bond going...

So, Ian Hart was the guy with the vendetta against Marco (the whole death of the son arc) in the first season, was killed in jail a few weeks ago, and now he is a CIA agent (an entirely different person, obviously)?

The man who killed Gus and just died in prison was David Tate, played by American Eric Lange. Lange mostly has done broadcast and basic cable series and guest spots (Lost, Once Upon a Time, CSI, iCarly). Ian Hart is British and mostly does premium cable or other "quality" TV in the US. He also had a small part in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. IMDb for some reason names Hart's Bridge character David Tate (when not calling him Man in Car.) Thus their confusion has become yours.

• Love 1

I'm wondering about the medication/diagnosis reference in the file, too.  

has it been actually confirmed that Sonya's character has aspergers/autism?  Obviously that's what they allude to. 

Beardless Linder is positively swooooooon worthy.  Whoa!

I'm wondering about the medication/diagnosis reference in the file, too.  

has it been actually confirmed that Sonya's character has aspergers/autism?  Obviously that's what they allude to. 

Beardless Linder is positively swooooooon worthy.  Whoa!

D.Kruger and the Showrunners keep mentioning the Aspergers, officially in the story it hasnt been said.

Autism is not a mental illness that requires medication per se.  

Is there any continuity on this show? Hello, show, we - the audience, really like Hank, really a lot. We watched him drag himself painfully and bloodily over the desert road between the various boxes and pallets and other stuff. He did not - repeat - did not have enough strength to stand up tall enough to put the ledger in the phone pole box. He didn't even have the strength to kneel and reach up, even if the box weren't too high for that. So stop insulting us, show. And please, Hank, live.

If the content weren't so awful, the opening scene (proof of life) would be screamingly funny. As it is, I was only able to chuckle a bit while waiting for Fausto or the other guy, while passing the gun back and forth, to shoot the daughter.

How many more episodes? Does anyone know if The Bridge has been renewed?

• Love 2

The only Hank fanwank I can think of is that he noticed he was leaving a path of blood, then stopped the flow from the wound with something while he climbed up the box to stash the ledger, then removed his crawl tracks near the box with a tree branch, and then when he got back to the original path, let the blood come out further. I cannot explain how he had time for any of it.

The last episode of the season should air October 1.

• Love 2

Shapeshifter, so you're suggesting that he pulled himself up the telephone pole in the same way he was dragging himself along the ground. Well, maybe, but he was half dead. But then, one might say, he's Hank!

I may have missed it, but I didn't see anything of value in the few pages that we saw of the ledger. Anyone else catch something interesting?

Edited by Catherinewriter
  • Love 3

I think that Marco was going to convince Fausto that his only option was to let Marco arrest him so that he would be taken alive.  This is why Marco wanted to go in alone and then have the marines back him up to get Fausto into custody alive. I think that Marco was being overly optimistic that his bond with Fausto would allow this happen without any killing.

Along with that, I think there's a portion of Marco that doesn't care that he could be killed in the process of taking Fausto down. 

I agree that the show got a little sloppy in making it plausible for Hank to have hidden the ledger where he did, but it was a dramatic plot point, so I'm not annoyed by it. Besides, it's Hank! 

Two characters I'd like to hear some news about before the season ends are Adriana's sister and Ray. 

If I'm following the CIA part of the plot, the CIA is taking a piece of the drug trade to finance groups of their choice in the Middle East, in a variation on the Iran-Contra scandal. Given the Homeland Security Act and the other powers that followed, I'm not at all sure that they're doing anything illegal, sad to say. 

Two characters I'd like to hear some news about before the season ends are Adriana's sister and Ray.

I wouldn't be surprised if the sister is never found, alive or dead, as is the case in real life.

Seeing Ray, the Teflon Doofus, again, maybe accidentally saving someone in the finale, would be fun.

• Love 2

Seeing Ray, the Teflon Doofus, again, maybe accidentally saving someone in the finale, would be fun.

Ray is smart enough to know when it's time to get out.

Maybe Ray and Fausto will meet up in Alaska. They can go fishing together and make money off of black market goods from Russia.
  • Love 2