Type keyword(s) to search

Final Fantasy Games

AntiBeeSpray
  • Start Topic

(edited)
On 11/26/2016 at 9:54 PM, PrincessEnnui said:

I do have WoFF, bought it day one off PSN. It's ok, but it didn't grab me. It was painful looking at very KH meets The World Ends With You style art and no soul.

About World of Final Fantasy, I like it's battle system and story was good, just dragged down by my one real complaint, I just hate all those awful chibi characters. It's impossible to take ANYTHING that happens seriously when those chibi things are on screen. If say a city is going to be destroyed or a world destroying menace is bearing down on everybody or whatever, it just completely deflates the drama to have those chibi characters on screen or to have the protagonists inexplicably just become chibi when their regular forms would do. Also, unless we're talking about Moogles and maybe sometimes Chocobos "cute" is not a word I expect to associate with Final Fantasy and don't want to, lighthearted yes, cute definitely not. Hell, they could have even kept the stacking combat system without even having the chibi characters in it at all, just have the two protagonists normal sized and have them function as the medium slot instead of the chibi forms, then have them change into something badass to function as the large slot.

Oh, and I also don't like how all the coolest looking monsters are XL sized, which since those are monsters that can only be summoned temporarily they are also monsters there's no real reason to ever use when you've already got a standard stack available, which you will by the time you get to the first one.

Edited by immortalfrieza

Lordy, Hajime Tabata left Square-Enix (resigned Oct. 31st and announced yesterday). I have a lot of respect for the guy because he's directed Crisis Core, Type-0, and XV (all are spin-offs or main entries in the Final Fantasy series and mostly well reviewed). Thing is, Tabata was heading Business Division 2 and then moved on to Luminous Productions within SE. And his reason for leaving was he wanted to direct his own passion project, so he started his own company. 

This also resulted in the cancellation of all the FFXV DLC besides a crossover with XIV, the multiplayer expansion, and Episode Ardyn. I know opinion is mixed on XV, but I've been replaying it (and Comrades (it's multiplayer) recently and it's really one of the most fun and unique titles I've ever played and a lot of that has to do with Tabata's influence as director. I recently went back to school for Graphic Design and Square-Enix (honestly Nomura and Tabata) had a lot to do with that. I'm just sad, especially since I keep thinking about how Kojima left Konami. 

• Love 1