Type keyword(s) to search

Season 05

• Start Topic

(edited)

S05•E01 - Above & Beyond

So, Kristin left because her relationship with Remy didn’t work out, personally??!

The Fugitive Task Force members have vouched for Nina to join them. A new job that requires frequent travel. But hey, no problemo. Nina has a great nanny and an amazing baby daddy. All justified. 😆

I thought Sheryll will be restored back to being 2nd in command after Kristin left. But with Shantel VanSanten being 2nd in the call sheet, I guess Sheryll has to settle with being 3rd again despite her seniority in the task force. This show does Sheryll dirty.

Hope this family drama with Corey will be resolved soon. It’s petty and unnecessary. 😣

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Pretty good season premiere, wild case that took a lot of twists and turns. No one was sympathetic - not the creep stalker outside the bar who got shot, not the NASA analyst who was selling access to the systems and got killed, nor her accomplices or the nutty masterminds. Entertaining case.

I like having Nina join the team - I’m glad the franchise is finding a way to keep her around since there’s not room for her on original FBI. She fit in well from the start. I do wish they had been more clear about Kristin’s exit and why she left - did she have a relationship with Remy? Anyway I think Nina will be a better addition than Kristin was, there’s been a lot of turnover on this show, but I think the current team has good chemistry. 

Don’t really care about Remy and his nephew, but I understand both of them, Remy obviously wants to get to know the only connection to his brother, while Cory is dealing with a lot given that his mother lied to him about everything. Hopefully with time their relationship will be smoother. 

• Like 5

I was fine with Nina.  I especially had no issue with her addressing Remy's question about Kristin's departure.  I also think she fits in better with the current team dynamic.

Of course Remy didn't taking the doctor's advice because he knows better (insert eyeroll here).  I do hope this storyline doesn't take up too much space but it would nice if at some point the two could have some sort of relationship.

• Like 4
(edited)
On 2/13/2024 at 9:14 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

S05•E01 - Above & Beyond

So, Kristin left because her relationship with Remy didn’t work out, personally??!

I was disappointed to see her go.  The official reason I read was that her son got into Colorado University (I think) and she transferred to the Denver field office.  I didn’t really think her and Remy had much of a personal relationship anyway.

Edited by KeithJ
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Has anyone ever wondered how these agents can fly to a state/city and immediately jump into the latest issue of FBI Suv's and manage to traverse said city without ever asking for directions or using GPS and NEVER GET LOST?

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Ok...I just have to get this off my chest...Nina is ridiculous. The freshly highlighted hair and blown out to perfection along with the spandex top, tight black pants and two inch heel boots running around with a gun is absurd. I live in an area where there are many FBI special agents in our neighborhood. They look NOTHING like this! They usually wear pants that are government issue and like wise with the shirts. They don't wear normal attire unless they are doing an undercover operation. And they most certainly don't wear two inch heel black leather boots! This is the problem with mainstream network TV shows. They just aren't realistic in the portrayal of people in jobs like this. "Nina" is just too Hollywood for me...I never liked her character before and now I just find her comical.

• Like 4

Not sure if I really care, but can someone remind me about Remy's brother drama? I remember his 'friend' ended up being the guilty party because of some girl.  what was the big lie from the sister?

and no surprise no one on the team likes remy. way out of line the way he talked to nina. and go out to dinner with them, he never tries any team bonding. just a horrible boss/leader.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, jabRI said:

Not sure if I really care, but can someone remind me about Remy's brother drama? I remember his 'friend' ended up being the guilty party because of some girl.  what was the big lie from the sister?

and no surprise no one on the team likes remy. way out of line the way he talked to nina. and go out to dinner with them, he never tries any team bonding. just a horrible boss/leader.

I think the Remy's brother arc has run its course...move on.

• Applause 2
5 hours ago, jabRI said:

he never tries any team bonding. just a horrible boss/leader.

If I remember correctly, the whole group went to a bar once. They also had a gathering at Hana/Ray’s apartment. Remy also has (occasional) morning ritual of bringing his team some bagels.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

If I remember correctly, the whole group went to a bar once. They also had a gathering at Hana/Ray’s apartment. Remy also has (occasional) morning ritual of bringing his team some bagels.

You're right, I remember the non-family Thanksgiving or something.  I guess he just rubbed me the wrong way this time!

• Wink 1

Every season the cast turns over.  I’m past caring who is on the show and focus on the stories.  Lots of action this week, same old villains. I couldn’t figure out who to empathize with until it hit me that no one was good in this episode.  I didn’t even remember Corey until Remy visited him at the end. Does Remy need all this family drama? I prefer Nina who leaves Scola on a different show and the baby with a nanny we will never see and gets into the action. At least we know who she is from watching FBI.  I’ve called her Barnes for so long I didn’t remember who Sheryl is for a second.

• Like 1

This show went downhill for me once Jess left and Remy took over. Cannot stand him - smarmy attitude, bad boss, horribly annoying. It killed the show for me. I always saw Jess as being a bit cerebral - more profiling and less big asshat. 

I like Nina - but I also liked Kristen. 

I also don't understand why Barnes isn't Number 2? Wasn't she Jess's second in command?

• Like 4
On 2/15/2024 at 5:47 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

Yeah we’ve seen Remy bring in breakfast for the team multiple times, and we’ve seen them hang out outside of work a few times - I remember Remy and Hana and Ray celebrating Thanksgiving together. 
I seem to be in the minority but I like Remy - I liked Jess too, and yeah the show has had a lot of turnover, but I like the current team and the previous teams. I can’t help but wonder if some of the Remy hate has more to do with the actor who plays him playing a comical supervillain over on L&O:SVU/Organized Crime - that character certainly wore out his welcome and that was an awful storyline, and I was hesitant about Remy at first because of that, but I like him fine. I like that they didn’t go with a Jess-clone to replace Jess, and instead brought in someone with a different personality and a different backstory. I liked the original team but the current team is good as well. I agree that Barnes should be the second in command, Kristin was probably my least favorite character on this show, I didn’t hate her but it was weird how she seemed to take Barnes spot as #2, and something about her was rather cold. I’m glad Nina has replaced her, Nina fits right in.

On 2/15/2024 at 11:59 AM, jabRI said:

It wasn’t Remy’s sister who lied, it was the girlfriend of Remy’s brother, the mother of Cory, she knew all along Remy’s brother was killed by his friend in an argument over her, but she kept silent because she was afraid for her and Cory’s safety. Cory never knew the truth about his dad or his dad’s family, and it’s clear he’s having a tough time adjusting. Personally I didn’t find his mom sympathetic at all, I get she was scared, especially since the killer’s family had money and the killer’s equally vile mom killed one witness before the truth came out, but if she had come forward the truth would’ve been known and an innocent guy wouldn’t have died in jail for the brother’s murder. Cory has every right to be angry at his mom. Hope that clears up some of that storyline. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

Pretty good case last night - I liked meeting Ray Sr, he was a pretty cool guy, and I liked the Ray got more of a focus, he’s a good character. The case was good, and I liked Remy dealing with the colleague of the 2 victims who was giving them attitude and telling him to cut the crap, and the investigation was pretty good. I liked how they worked Ray Sr into the plot. I did wonder why no patrol was posted at Ray Sr’s house when they determined he might be a target, that was puzzling to me, they should’ve had security for him and then the dude wouldn’t have gotten into his house. Other than that, pretty good episode. 

• Like 6

I also thought this was a pretty good case as well and didn't understand why no security was put on Ray Sr's house either.  And I've liked Steven Williams since seeing him on the X-Files.  Even Remy was tolerable.

• Like 6

I liked this episode a lot as Ray is my favorite character. I'm glad they have added more to him him by bringing in his father. Ray Sr. seems to be as likable as Jr. and he it seems he can hold his own in a rough spot, pleasure meeting him. 

• Like 5

I still find Ray the most boring character that's rotated through the team over the years.   The fact that Mr. X is his father is the most interesting thing about him.  I'd vote to swap them out in a heartbeat.  Especially don't care about Ray's dating life.   I did like the case over all.  There was nothing too gruesome and they're trying to sprinkle in a little humor.  Loved the landlady telling Remy to stop being sassy.   

S05•E02 - Footsteps

Ray Jr. becomes a little bit interesting around Ray Sr. Cora is boring.

“Why are you being so mean to me?”

“I’m not. That’s just my face.”

😂😂😂

Listen to Mrs. Crowder, Remy. Nobody likes a wiseass.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I enjoyed this episode: nothing gruesome, limited Smarmy Remy. I did not understand why they would leave Ray Senior in the house alone without protection - huge plot hole. 

• Like 2
(edited)

Unpopular opinion but I think this might be my favorite of the FBI’s.    I enjoy the COTW more on this show even with the high turnover.  I discovered all the season on Peacock of all places and rewatched the Jess Lacroix episodes and I found most of them at bare minimum entertaining.    I liked his gf that he got the last few episodes and wish that story could have continued.      

plus I really like Hana.

Remy is good enough even though his personal story does nothing for me and much preferred Jess and being a single father learning to live again over whatever is happening with Remy and his dead brother but it is still not enough to sour me on the show.    

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 3
On 2/23/2024 at 9:54 AM, Chaos Theory said:

Unpopular opinion but I think this might be my favorite of the FBI’s.    I enjoy the COTW more on this show even with the high turnover.  I discovered all the season on Peacock of all places and rewatched the Jess Lacroix episodes and I found most of them at bare minimum entertaining.    I liked his gf that he got the last few episodes and wish that story could have continued.      

plus I really like Hana.

Remy is good enough even though his personal story does nothing for me and much preferred Jess and being a single father learning to live again over whatever is happening with Remy and his dead brother but it is still not enough to sour me on the show.    

I think this show has the best cases of the 3 FBI shows - I find the cases to be usually the most suspenseful and interesting of the 3 shows, they have a lot of good twists and investigation. FBI original has my favorite characters and the cases are usually entertaining, but I think MW’s cases are a bit more compelling. International is definitely my least favorite of the FBI shows, but it has grown on me since it’s start.

I like both Jess and Remy, but neither of their personal lives are very interesting to me - Jess’ kid got way too much screen time at the start of the show, and I didn’t care for the story about Remy’s brother last season. 

• Like 4
On 2/25/2024 at 2:05 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I think this show has the best cases of the 3 FBI shows - I find the cases to be usually the most suspenseful and interesting of the 3 shows, they have a lot of good twists and investigation. FBI original has my favorite characters and the cases are usually entertaining, but I think MW’s cases are a bit more compelling. International is definitely my least favorite of the FBI shows, but it has grown on me since it’s start.

I like both Jess and Remy, but neither of their personal lives are very interesting to me - Jess’ kid got way too much screen time at the start of the show, and I didn’t care for the story about Remy’s brother last season. 

Interesting.  I never gave it a lot of thought, but I think I agree with you.  I like the original FBI best, but maybe that's because I like all of the characters.  I don't dislike any of the Most Wanted characters, but it doesn't bother me when the cast changes.  I'm not that invested in any of them.  But the stories are better, I think...  other than the family drama. I don't care for that in any of the versions.  I can't get into the International series.  Tried again this year and couldn't make it through the first episode.

• Like 3

I have the same problem with the International one. I think I've gotten through maybe one or two episodes, but I was only half paying attention. One involved an abducted tennis player, I think?

Remy kind of annoys me--and it doesn't help that he was a main villain in two seasons of L&O: Organized Crime, so I kind of have Richard Wheatley in my head when I see him. I like Hana, and Nina seems like a good fit for the team so far (not missing Kristin really). As others said, Ray got a little more interesting with meeting his father. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, preeya said:

Does anyone else think that Hanna's new roomie is not what she appears to be?

This times 1000! I thought the plot twist was going to be NewRoomie working with grieving insane widower. Even though she wasn't, I still think she's up to something.

Have none of these tech people seen 2001? Don't they know about HAL?

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Very good and creepy episode. AI is scary shit. Very fascinating plot, couldn’t tell where it was going, I liked the twists it took and how they identified the perp. Good roles for the entire team in this episode. The killer was off his rocker but I felt a bit sorry for him at the end, he just went crazy after his wife’s death and the AI bot made things worse. It was a compelling story, this show has good cases.

I also wondered about Hana’s new roommate, and I kind of expected her to be involved with the case in some way. I wonder if something will happen with her. I liked the acknowledgment that Hana’s apartment has basically become a boarding house for FBI agents, Kenny lived there, then Ortiz, now Ray and now this new agent. 

• Like 5
13 hours ago, preeya said:

2/27/2024 S05E03

Does anyone else think that Hanna's new roomie is not what she appears to be?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was muttering, "Don't do it, Hana, don't offer... oh, hell," at the end.

2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Very good and creepy episode. AI is scary shit. Very fascinating plot, couldn’t tell where it was going, I liked the twists it took and how they identified the perp. Good roles for the entire team in this episode. The killer was off his rocker but I felt a bit sorry for him at the end, he just went crazy after his wife’s death and the AI bot made things worse. It was a compelling story, this show has good cases.

Agreed about the cases on MW. I think this edition has the most interesting cases. I keep wanting to like International, but none of the characters work for me since Jaeger left.

• Like 6

Glad that we're all on the Hana's new room mate possibly being a problem later on.  Hopefully not but I'm not getting warm fuzzies.

The COTW was good and does make you think about what could go wrong with AI.

• Like 6

S05•E03 - Ghost In The Machine

Dammit. This show has me worried about Poppy’s cat. Oliver is all alone now. 😢

Stories about smart home and AI goes rogue are always creepy. Who is creepier - Jeff Sherman the killer or Brian Borstone the perv?

Poppy should know better not to attend any meeting scheduled at a secluded hotel room at night, alone.

The way Nina talks to a witness (Alice Horvath) is quite unfriendly. Why is she so moody?

Hana is being unnecessarily generous to Kat Vaughn. As a Quantico graduate, Kat is not that resourceful in making personal arrangement. Kat is assigned to a cybercrime division, right? Maybe she will find out about Hana’s shady online activities in trapping pedophiles and humiliate them. That will put Hana in hot water.

• Like 2

At least Hana isn’t working directly with this new roommate. I don’t  why she thinks she needs roommates. She doesn’t act as if she’s hurting for money. 

I think the new roommate is shady and at the very least way too perky for Hannah to deal with. 

The only reason I can see for them giving Hana a roommate not previously on the team is because she's going to cause some trouble.  Not very subtle foreshadowing.

• Like 2

Something else I meant to say about Hana helping that girl... Why?  She doesn't know her, but she's going to put in a good word to get her hired? I'd want my recommendations to mean something and I wouldn't recommend someone unproven to me.  She'd just met the girl.  The she tells the girl she deserved the job...  Based on what?  The fact that she attended a lecture?  I know she felt she had to say something, but, how about a noncommittal "congratulations".

I thought Hana was more savvy than this. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Johannah said:

Something else I meant to say about Hana helping that girl... Why?  She doesn't know her, but she's going to put in a good word to get her hired? I'd want my recommendations to mean something and I wouldn't recommend someone unproven to me.  She'd just met the girl.  The she tells the girl she deserved the job...  Based on what?  The fact that she attended a lecture?  I know she felt she had to say something, but, how about a noncommittal "congratulations".

I thought Hana was more savvy than this. 

Completely agree. It is a clumsy way to get Hana into trouble. Doesn't fit with the street-smart Hana. 

• Like 2

There are maybe 4 directions this could be going concerning Hana's new roomie...

1.  Hana and her roomie are going to become friends, but the roomie is going to be a victim of a murder and Hana will be hell bent in capturing the killer.

2.  Someone on this forum said that the new roomie might figure out Hana's "side gig" setting up pedos.  So, maybe she's the one to bring this to light.

3.  The new roomie is a baddie and maybe is seeking revenge on Hana.  Maybe Hana helped put away someone close and dear to the roomie.

4.  I hope that this isn't the case, but maybe the new roomie is a "love interest" to Hana.  I got these vibes when they were having dinner and Hana gave the roomie a certain look. 

Whatever the reasons, it will be interesting to find out more about the roomie.

• Like 3

Good and creepy episode tonight. This perp was one of the sickest and creepiest they’ve had - a cannibal serial killer. I always like a good dark creepy case like this one, and it was a good investigation with nice work from the entire team. I think this show has the most interesting cases of the 3 FBI shows. This team gels well together, Nina is a good addition and I like all of the characters. 

So Barnes’ wife is cheating on her? I didn’t see that coming, I had a feeling they might be headed for a split but I didn’t see the infidelity angle coming. I don’t care much about personal stuff but I’m curious to see how this plays out. 

• Like 5

S05•E04 - Hollow

A solid and creepy case involving MMIW and cannibalism. The killer starts hunting and eating internal organs instead of getting the necessary treatment.

I like that tribal cop. He’s competent, motivated and passionate about his job. He cares… 👍🏻

Remy is a man of god? 👀

The location where Maya’s car breaks down, it looks so familiar. I think I have seen it in Dexter New Blood.

Sheryll needs a new, fresh personal arc. Why is she always having troubles at home - not very understanding wife, overbearing mother, unsupportive father? Charlotte carried their first child and Sheryll carried their second. Will these complicate their custody arrangement?

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Sheryll needs a new, fresh personal arc. Why is she always having troubles at home - not very understanding wife, overbearing mother, unsupportive father? Charlotte carried their first child and Sheryll carried their second. Will these complicate their custody arrangement?

I had the same thoughts.  She can't seem to catch a break.  I get her job keeps her away a lot but it just seems like shows always go this way.

I liked the tribal cop and I was fine with Mr. Cannibal not seeing a court room.  At some point, you either try proven treatments or not but murder/cannibalism should not fall under alternative treatment.

• Like 6

Hey...showrunners for FBI: Most Wanted....I have complained about this before but Tuesday's episode had me in a tither...Nina was wearing LEATHER (tight) pants while tracking down a killer in a remote rural area in the snow. It's bad enough that Remy is wearing a dress coat common amongst Wall Street brokers and Madison Ave executives but LEATHER pants? No one in an FBI field operation would be dressed like this...why can't you put some authenticity in these episodes? I mean,come on...leather pants in the snow? They were so tight she could barely run in them. I get that you have targeted this character as the sexy gal, but at the expense of some modicum of realism, this is just ridiculous.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4

Good episode tonight - that coal mine was creepy and a unique setting - that was an intense ending with them figuring out how to escape. Good case, I figured one of the parents had mob connections once it was discovered mobsters did it and that’s why the kids were kidnapped - that dad was scum to help those mobsters - I loved Remy’s fury with him, what a colossal moron. Good investigation, good case, this show delivers compelling cases on a weekly basis.

Don’t really care about Remy’s nephew Cory but I hope he doesn’t become a source of nonstop drama - don’t make him the family member always causing problems, he didn’t seem to take his legal trouble seriously and I’m afraid he’ll just be a pain for Remy. I don’t find Cory’s mom sympathetic at all - her keeping her mouth shut about the circumstances of Remy’s brother’s murder led to an innocent guy dying in jail and justice not being served for 20 years, and now she’s giving Remy attitude just because he’s helping Cory out, Cory has a right to be angry at her and she shouldn’t take it out on Remy. 

I wonder when we’ll hear about Barnes’ relationship problems again, kind of surprised they didn’t even mention it. 

• Like 5
On 2/14/2024 at 9:08 PM, Hedgehog2022 said:

Ok...I just have to get this off my chest...Nina is ridiculous. The freshly highlighted hair and blown out to perfection along with the spandex top, tight black pants and two inch heel boots running around with a gun is absurd. I live in an area where there are many FBI special agents in our neighborhood. They look NOTHING like this! They usually wear pants that are government issue and like wise with the shirts. They don't wear normal attire unless they are doing an undercover operation. And they most certainly don't wear two inch heel black leather boots! This is the problem with mainstream network TV shows. They just aren't realistic in the portrayal of people in jobs like this. "Nina" is just too Hollywood for me...I never liked her character before and now I just find her comical.

It could be worst as many shows would put her in a wedge to hide the heel when at least with heels you can flex your foot.

S05•E05 - Desperate

This is a forgettable episode.

The Princeton ring is the case’s deus ex machina where Remy quickly jumps into conclusion that Ian is the 3rd bad guy.

Those scenes in the mine are too dark and claustrophobic. Nina’s knowledge of motor/engine/belt comes in handy.

Does Remy’s comm really work when he’s deep underground? He continues to communicate with Hana flawlessly despite the structures collapsing.

Dear Corey - please solve your personal problems offscreen. We aren’t interested. Thank you! 👌🏻

• Like 4

I really liked Season 5 Episode 5: Desperate.   All the characters worked for me and the story was interesting.  Yes you can nitpick but I usually prefer not to.   I liked the scenes with the teacher and the kids trapped in the mine and felt genuinely bad when teacher got killed and later when one of the kids walked past the kidnappers and said “they got what they deserved.”  I thought it was a good moment.

Yes it was fairly obvious that the dad was involved but it still hit all the right notes how quickly things devolved for him.  This wasn’t how things were supposed to go down.   No I didn’t feel sorry for him but I thought the reasons he did what he did made sense in a well…desperate way.  Dude was about to lose everything so he thought up a crazy kidnap plan that got waaaaaaayyyyyy out of control.    

And I thought the escape from the mine was the proper amount of nerve wracking for this kid of show.

Dont care about Remy’s back story.

• Like 6

I think the show is missing Kristin.  She was a tough character and I think the show needs this type of character besides Remy.  Besides, we never saw Kristin in tight jeans and boots chasing the bad guys.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I think the show is missing Kristin.  She was a tough character and I think the show needs this type of character besides Remy.  Besides, we never saw Kristin in tight jeans and boots chasing the bad guys.

I disagree, Kristin wasn’t that great of a fit IMO, she came off as rather cold and didn’t really have strong chemistry with the team. I’m really glad they brought in Nina, I liked her on original FBI and I’m glad they found a way to keep her around. She fits in better with the team than Kristin did I think. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I disagree, Kristin wasn’t that great of a fit IMO, she came off as rather cold and didn’t really have strong chemistry with the team. I’m really glad they brought in Nina, I liked her on original FBI and I’m glad they found a way to keep her around. She fits in better with the team than Kristin did I think. 

Agreed--I was never that into Kristin, and I feel Nina is a good fit.

• Like 2

New characters take awhile to mesh.  Nina is a good fit because she has a history in the FBI universe and when the franchise does the inevitable crossovers Nina and her relationship to Scola will always be an easy bridge.    

• Like 3