Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: One Hour Photo

Argh... David is problematic on many fronts.

Indeed,. Because, I buy what you are selling, that David is just such a chicken shit that he panicked and hid the fact that he knew Lori when she first came to town because he didn't think she was that dangerous, (like how, if they were an item, did he think her showing up wasn't going to end badly?) and never imagined she'd do what she did, but that just doesn't hold water because after Carter went missing and Lori vanished he STILL didn't say anything? really? He didn't think that Elizabeth knowing the identity of the woman who took her child might actually help the police investigation?

I do think the writers stepped in it with David. They are trying so hard to make him seem shady that they might have just crossed a little too far. I honestly don't know what they are trying to do with him. Are they trying to make him complicit in Lori's crime or just the stupidest most self involved man on the face of the earth?

Forgive me, as I have not read all responses.  But, maybe they were having trouble conceiving and hired a surrogate.  Maybe they started the fertility treatments for Lori and Elizabeth became pregnant at the same time?  So then they'd be "twins" (except, not, unless that was insanely accurately planned by doctors, but I doubt it), but very very close in age.  That would give Elizabeth a pregnancy photo around the time of Taylor/Carter.

However, as a PP has stated, it doesn't make sense because then obviously Lori would be the go-to when one of the kids went missing... hmmm..

Forgive me, as I have not read all responses.  But, maybe they were having trouble conceiving and hired a surrogate.  Maybe they started the fertility treatments for Lori and Elizabeth became pregnant at the same time?  So then they'd be "twins" (except, not, unless that was insanely accurately planned by doctors, but I doubt it), but very very close in age.  That would give Elizabeth a pregnancy photo around the time of Taylor/Carter.

However, as a PP has stated, it doesn't make sense because then obviously Lori would be the go-to when one of the kids went missing... hmmm..

It also doesn't explain Elizabeth's statements that Lori had any awareness of them that early in their relationship. If Elizabeth had simply been making that statement to Carter we could conceive it as a lie, but didn't she make that statement to David?  So it makes no sense in that context for her to have lied.  Whereas everything David said was reactive--so he easily could easily have been lying without it being illogical.

It also doesn't explain Elizabeth's statements that Lori had any awareness of them that early in their relationship. If Elizabeth had simply been making that statement to Carter we could conceive it as a lie, but didn't she make that statement to David?  So it makes no sense in that context for her to have lied.  Whereas everything David said was reactive--so he easily could easily have been lying without it being illogical.

Maybe they were doing surrogacy without meeting the woman who was to be carrying their child or something?  I don't even know if that's a thing.  Either way, I am curious to know where the second season goes, and I kind of hate MTV for this show because it's totally my guilty pleasure. 

The only way I could think of Lori being the surrogate is if she donated her eggs to Elizabeth and David, and Elizabeth doesn't know that the donor eggs came from Lori.  However, if that's the case, I would think that Elizabeth would then wonder about the surrogate donor when Carter was kidnapped. Maybe Elizabeth thought the donor was anonymous, but David knows it is Lori.  The flaw with this theory is that Elizabeth then conceived Grant, unless he also came from a donor egg. 

The only way I could think of Lori being the surrogate is if she donated her eggs to Elizabeth and David, and Elizabeth doesn't know that the donor eggs came from Lori.  However, if that's the case, I would think that Elizabeth would then wonder about the surrogate donor when Carter was kidnapped. Maybe Elizabeth thought the donor was anonymous, but David knows it is Lori.  The flaw with this theory is that Elizabeth then conceived Grant, unless he also came from a donor egg. 

Taking my response to the spec thread since.

Finally saw the episode. I hate to say that I really enjoyed it. Carter made mostly good choices (but seriously, when did Elizabeth have time to order you coffee? Think!); Lori was batshit insane; Max and Grant hugged; Elizabeth and Carter bonded; Grant stole Elizabeth's food. All in all, I was very entertained. I kind of hope Carter is gone for a few episodes in season two, so we get some good crazy Lori time and so the title means "trying to find" Carter.

I really did like the Max and Taylor interaction. Considering they were planning to kill off Max until they realized how badly that would be taken, I think they were doing a good job with the character in the finale. It was exceptionally sad to see a character who's usually happy that angry and depressed, but it made perfect sense for the scene. I also liked Elizabeth telling how important he was to everyone, and trying to protect him from the video of him being shot.

As for Lori's motivations, I'm going with one night stand, David had no idea she took the picture, miscarriage around the time he married Elizabeth, and she felt the baby was owed to her.

Also, Alex Saxon has taken over Avan Jogia's previously held position of "I came to watch an interesting premise and stayed for your pretty, wavy hair."

• Love 3

So I stuck out the whole season just to learn what the big mystery of Lori was only to not be fulfilled in the end? Boo...hiss! Ah well, whatcha gonna do, right? Maybe the mystery is solved, though, Lori is just a huge whack-a-doodle! Those crazy eyes and her big grins...creeeepy.

Now the big decision...do I watch S2 with the rest of y'all? Lotsa goofy/angsty teen melodrama...yuck! But there is a certain heart to the show and second seasons usually improve...decisions, decisions.