Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Wrong Place

• Start Topic

Season premiere. Sunday, June 16 at 10pm ET

Ray and the team are assigned to investigate the brutal shooting of a young nurse and the head of a notorious crime syndicate outside a Birmingham hospital. “There’s already a turf war going on between two rival families, and because [the head of one] has been killed, there’s a lot of suspicion around that and that leads to tensions brewing between both families. 

• Like 1

This is a good show and I'm glad that its back.  Ray seems depressed at her new apartment, and who can blame her after what she went through last season. 

Still early, but my bet is on the murdered man's daughter as being the Big Bad.  She seems to have bigger cojones than her brother and I think that she was probably angry that her brother was going to be the heir to the pawn shop/loansharking empire.  Of course she's going to try and put the suspicion on the new comers who want to be the top crime dogs.   So two birds with one stone - start a "war" - let both sides take each other out and then she can step in.    And watch me be wrong...

• Like 6

I had the same thought about the daughter...

Seemed odd that the police were not probing harder at the idea he was shot by an acquaintance, given the circumstances of the first shooting and jumped to the turf war.

• Like 3

Didn't DI Ray sleep with one of the police officers who reported to her last season and then lie about why/how long he had been at her place when he was shot? I'm surprised that didn't get brought up during the meeting with her bosses. Or did no one end up figuring that out? I would've expected her ex to tell everyone just to hurt her however he could.

I can't remember the details of anythingthat happened last season. I just remember vaguely that there was a lot of bullshit directed at her. 

What you describe vaguely rings a bell, though.

12 hours ago, krankydoodle said:

Didn't DI Ray sleep with one of the police officers who reported to her last season and then lie about why/how long he had been at her place when he was shot? I'm surprised that didn't get brought up during the meeting with her bosses. Or did no one end up figuring that out? I would've expected her ex to tell everyone just to hurt her however he could.

Wasn't that referenced obliquely by the letter the senior officer read to her where she was cautioned not to form close personal relationships with junior officers? (don't remember the exact phrasing)

I will admit I don't remember last season well either, and would have appreciated  more of a "last season on DI Ray" recap at the beginning, or work a discussion of  last season into the plot more.

• Like 1

He specified senior officers in the warning he was reading so I'm guessing they don't know about the junior officer from last season. Didn't she and Jamie Bamber's character keep their relationship secret as well?

On 6/19/2024 at 10:24 AM, possibilities said:

I'm still having trouble hearing "Ma'am" (my ear always converts it to "Mom")-- which makes the atmosphere quite different than intended.

They are actually producing “mom”  when they say it .  They rarely say the short “a” sound the way we do, as in “ask”.

• Like 1
(edited)

I caught a glimpse of Jamie Bamber in the upcoming scenes so last year's relationships are sure to be revisited.

Edited by Clawdette
  • Useful 1