Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: Toil And Till

I swear I am so tired of Jax and his bullshit. Why oh why do the other members just follow him so unquestionably. He is on a suicide mission it seems like and they are just going along like a bunch of dummies. Jax and the club are so not worth it. Jax only cares about himself and his vengeance. 

• Love 7

So, is Jax's endgame suicide by outlaw gang because I do not follow.

Raise your hand if you thought Gemma was going to prematurely kill Unser because she thought he knew the truth about Tara.

Wendy needs to take the kids and run far, far away. Jax is piling up way too many enemies for them to be even remotely safe.

• Love 5

Well Tig made me laugh so I give him props for that. But don't like this vendetta Jax is on. I have no sympathy for him since the vendetta isn't even righteous. He's being played by Gemma. And color me confused by the last scene. I take it the local muscle was more than just a friend of a friend. So now Jax is fucking over his own club.

I was really worried about Chibbs there for a while. If they kill him I will really be pissed.

• Love 2

Ohhhhhhh, why am I still watching this show? I've asked myself that for the last 5 years. 

Unser: this guy was a cop?! "Okay, let me fall dead asleep in lockless trailer on the SAMCRO lot with my newly laminated "INVESTIGATOR" badge atop a file of police photos of the MC President's dead wife. Oh wait, I'm feeble and I've had stage IV cancer for 7 years, I must be losing my faculties." 

As stupid as Unser is the rest are just irredeemable. I have no sympathy for Jax or any of them. I hope the browns, blacks, Chinese, Irish, and whoever else they've screwed over finally get some guns with bullets to finally take out these useless motherfuckers in a rock montage shootout.

• Love 12

I thought this episode was kind of repetitive and boring. So Jax is once again trying to screw over another gang and goes on a killing spree-what else is new?  I was wondering if Juice was thinking about telling Chibs about Gemma and that is why he came back to Wendy's place. Of course this will only mean Gemma will kill him and then kill Wayne for good measure Of course no one actually asks anyone questions so Gemma can't just ask Wayne why he has Tara's file. And what Sheriff would give a retired officer with ties to SAMCRO a file on the murder of one of their own? 

Not sure what Wayne is up to but his loyalty to Gemma makes me not trust him. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 5

How is that none of these idiot criminals get shot or killed when they go after other armed to the teeth criminals? Were the Chinese using blanks or have really poor aim?

Nice job, Jax. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy he killed was that gang member's family. When are people going to learn that helping out Jax and company or going into business with him, will only result in getting screwed, arrested and/or killed.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 7

Raise your hand if you thought Gemma was going to prematurely kill Unser because she thought he knew the truth about Tara.

Wendy needs to take the kids and run far, far away. Jax is piling up way too many enemies for them to be even remotely safe.

Did we see Unser walking around after Gemma left that trailer he was asleep in?

I can see Wendy ending up with the kids at the end, after all she's been through.  It seems she keeps coming back to Abel, even though she could get far away from these losers.

• Love 1

Tonight on Assholes on Motorcycles, even Chibs is an asshole. As is Bobby, but who cares because everyone is usually an asshole anyway. I mean I get them knowing about the plan with Lihn, and going along with it, Tara's killers must pay... or something. But screwing over another SoA charter? Sure they were local, but he vouched for them, you know? He didn't just go to some corner and say "I need a couple of guys to do some killin, 20 bucks a day, who's in?" and then pick whoever had their own vehicle.

Also Juice as an asshole, for forgetting his naked pushups. He's just a dumbass for coming back.

• Love 4

I'm starting to think the only way this show will have a happy ending is if all the gangs head into Charming for one big brawl.  Nero gets his son, Wendy gets Able and the other kid, they go out of city limits and set Charming on fire.  There are so many characters holding onto the idiot ball right now.

• Love 2

It's so clear why Gemma thought Jax's desire for vengeance would be satiated by killing one Chinese guy; it's because Gemma is a malignant narcissist who barely cares about people. Gemma barely cared for Tara. Hell, she hardly ever mentions Thomas, let alone Clay or John.

As for Jax, way to invalidate Unser's refutation of your idiocy. Jax is every bit the idiot. And the sloppiness of his revenge will ruin his club. Here's hoping that some of that blowback will land on Gemma.

Is Juice going to relegated to acting sad against walls all season?

• Love 1

I love this show & I love the guys, especially Tig- who made me laugh again tonight. Jax had always been a fair VP & a fair Pres. Last Season, I felt bad for Juice & still do. He did do wrong when Roosevelt had him by the balls- but he was scared for his life. But then he killed that kids Mom, he couldn't take it. We find out that he has feelings and a conscience! But Jackson took the confession (that Juice made to Nero while he was very high- attempting suicide) as a betrayal. Now Jax's wife dies and he's allowed to go on this crazy revenge mission that could get his club and the rest of his family killed- because of his guilt and feelings? It's bullshit- and Juice has to hide and be scared for his life again. Ugh!

Lastly- if Kurt Sutter ends up killing Jax by the end of the series, I'll be pissed. Because the last 6 Seasons have been about Jax doing everything he does for his boys and if he's not around to raise them at the end, it will end up being really stupid.

• Love 1

Ohhhhhhh, why am I still watching this show? I've asked myself that for the last 5 years. 

Unser: this guy was a cop?! "Okay, let me fall dead asleep in lockless trailer on the SAMCRO lot with my newly laminated "INVESTIGATOR" badge atop a file of police photos of the MC President's dead wife. Oh wait, I'm feeble and I've had stage IV cancer for 7 years, I must be losing my faculties." 

As stupid as Unser is the rest are just irredeemable. I have no sympathy for Jax or any of them. I hope the browns, blacks, Chinese, Irish, and whoever else they've screwed over finally get some guns with bullets to finally take out these useless motherfuckers in a rock montage shootout.

I don't get the problem with Unser letting Tara's police file and his laminated badge lay out. Both Unser and the club want to find out who killed Tara and justice for Jax and the boys. The club will just be a lot more violent when it comes to getting the justice. There's probably nothing in that file that Jax hasn't seen or doesn't know about already and if Unser didn't want anyone to see it, no one would have.

Edited by Lisin
  • Love 1

So Juice is leaving town, in hiding with the window wide open so anyone on the sidewalk can see him, then he calls Chibbs, can't talk and turns back around to Wendy's? I think it shows his ties to the club and just the club's life in general, he doesn't seem to think he has a life without it. He can't break out and run out of town. He could have been to NY or Miami, so far by now. Instead he can't leave SAMCRO, even if it means he'll die by their hands.

Oh Happy, never change. His line about having lots of places to bury bodies had me cracking up. Same with Tig/Rat and Wendy's "mom and dad" greeting. 

Was that kid Jury was cradling his son or something? It feels a bit too personal in that ending scene. He had to be more than just local muscle to Jury. Seeing Jury like that because of Jax, shows how different this is compared to the season 1 'Patch Over' episode where Jax was trying to help him compared to Clay who wasn't.

At the end of this whole thing with Lin and killing everyone, will Jax and the club just end up back with their guns and same deal they tried to get out of? 

Bobby I don't get.  He was all moral superior with Jax the last time around and now Jax has gone more off the rails and Bobby is sidekicking to him? 

Like Wendy's wanting Able to go to school like normal kids, advocating it and doing normal mom things like laundry. Also liked that Jax acknowledged her doing so and nodded at her. 

The truck chase with Chibbs in the cab was really shot great.

• Love 2

Tig and Rat were freaking hilarious and Chibbs is still alive so there's that. 

I'm not sure who confused me more - - Jax or Unser.  No wait, Jax confuses me more.  Unser is delusional and completely dickmatized by Gemma and acts accordingly.  I can't understand Jax's actions at all.  Is he trying to destroy not only the club but his entire family and Charming?  Because it seems that's what is going to happen.  He clearly has no guidance and no focus now and yet not one person is questioning anything he does?   And Unser, Jax isn't dangerous because he's smart.  He's dangerous because he's an idiot with a weapon and a temper.

Juice.  Well, he's being Juice.  Driving through downtown Charming with his driver side window down - - like there is no other way out of town besides the main drag?  We get that he has a death wish.  I'd rather Sutter went ahead and killed him off versus having him crying in a corner over and over.

Wendy has grown on me although she's nuts if she thinks Abel is going to trot off to pre-K like any other kid.  She needs to grab those kids and GTFO of town.

Nero needs to do the same.  It should be crystal clear what his future is staying with this gang of dangerous and misdirected thugs.

Gemma.  As much as she still angers me, she didn't anger me as much as Jax this episode.  Silver lining? 

I do have to laugh over the fact that burying bodies, shooting up a gang dealing guns, chasing down someone in a vehicle, busting into a house, killing the occupants and setting them up for previous shoot ups, is just Tuesday for SAMCRO.  I guess killing one person a day would be cutting back for this crew.

• Love 3

Unser has been married to his fucking cancer longer then he ever was married to that invisible wife he had back in the day.

Honestly, I am really, really hoping that this is all a long con, that Jax is just setting up a giant all inclusive murder spree that wipes out every last gang member in California, then turns to Gemma and says "I knew it was you all along." Gemma confirmed this episode when she was yelling at Juice that she randomly picked out that guy Jax killed and basically got lucky that there was enough bad blood between the two gangs that Jax bought it. So this wasn't a big show she and Jax arranged beforehand for the club or anybody else, it was sheer dumb luck. More dumb than luck since Jax, after six fucking years of Gemma's naked treachery just believes any and every thing she says. 

Juice. JUICE. WAKE UP. You need to fucking follow through on something. You tie Unser up and then let him go, you start to leave town and don't; all you do is naked pushups and crying. How the hell did you get this far in the club in the first place??

And Unser, Jax isn't dangerous because he's smart.  He's dangerous because he's an idiot with a weapon and a temper.

When Unser said that line I said out loud " so as dangerous as drug addled baby rabbit."

Same when Nero was wearing Gemma's mom's cardigan and she says she bets he's sorry that he ever bought her that drink. You could see him thinking "With every fiber of my being, I regret ever knowing you."

• Love 5

At this point, I am really rooting for Wendy and Nero to hook up, grab the boys, and get the hell out of dodge, because every single other person connected to SAMCRO is going to end up dead or in prison by the end of the season. Frankly, I'd be fine with either one. There is not a single one of them that is remotely redeemable. These people are not the heroes.

• Love 10

Jax's plan for destroying Lin that he described to Jury ("I'll gain his total trust, and then once I'm inside I'll kill the first person he wants spared, then everyone he cares about, then let him sit in agony over it before I kill him...etc.") sounds a lot like a larger metaphor for everything Gemma has done to Jax over his entire life. Could also be foreshadowing for how Jax may eventually kill Gemma, especially if he is in fact aware that she is the villain. Or maybe August Marks will finally get his revenge for Pope's death against Jax in a similar way. 

Either way, that seemed like an important sequence that will be replicated in some way this season.

• Love 1

Wendy and Nero, hmmmm.

I had a thought last night.  When this bloodbath of a season is over, I wonder if Nero and Wendy will be the ones who end up with Abel and Thomas.  I still think Gemma (and Jax by extension) is going to screw up Nero's life a bit more but all the linking of Nero to the boys and Wendy last night really gave me the feeling that they're the ones who will be standing at the end.  Or getting the heck out of Dodge.

I honestly don't get the Juice character and haven't for a long time.  I think he's supposed to be the one we identify with, the one who still sort-of-kind-of has a soul and most of all wants some kind of family unit and to be loved.  That desire for family must be why he's still hanging around.  He's a deeply damaged man, someone the Sons MUST have seen as a weak link at best, up until all the betraying stuff.  I don't identify with him at all.  I don't even feel empathy for him at this point.  Sutter has gone to that well one too many times.   Juice now a massive risk for Gemma.  He not only knows that she killed Tara, but that she planned to get Jax and the Sons into a gang war to hide that fact.  Sooner or later, Juice has to be spotted and tell everything to Jax or Gemma decides to get him killed somehow.  I think if she does that, it will backfire and that's how Jax finds out the truth about Tara's murder.

Is this the season that the supposedly brilliant Jax finally undoes himself and the Sons with his piss poor manipulation of the other gangs?   Sutter is really setting this up so that Jax will be completely destroyed.   There's a SOA chapter president that now knows what Jax really is.   So, he's lost credibility within his organization and that's just going to get worse.  His master plan to destroy Lin in every possible way has already got Lin thinking Jax might be the one behind it.  Lin can't be stupid enough to take Jax's word for it that he wasn't involved.   So, Jax is screwing up the Sons status among the gangs and their business connections.  Then, once both of those major areas go really really bad for him, he's going to find out that his mother murdered his wife, which f's up his family for him.   The only thing left for him is that he's alive and there's a list of people who are going to be willing to change THAT.

Personally, I hope Gemma is the one who kills Juice. (fork in the head is fine for that one or maybe some corn cob earholders in the eyez) I hope it is right before she's drawn and quartered between Jax and Chib's bikes. However, I will NOT be surprised if Gemma is the sole survivor by killing Jax since one of the "boys" (cue angelic chorus), likely Abel, will fill the Jax hole in her heart after she realizes there ain't no fixin' it with Jax.

• Love 2

Tonight on Assholes on Motorcycles...

This should be the title of the entire SOA forum.

So Juice is leaving town, in hiding with the window wide open so anyone on the sidewalk can see him, then he calls Chibbs, can't talk and turns back around to Wendy's?

I'm reminded of a line from The Sopranos: "If you want to commit suicide, pills are a lot easier."

So what exactly was the purpose of killing Jury's two hired hands? Was Jax afraid they'd blab about who really killed Lin's crew? And did it not occur to him that they might be missed, and Jury would be less likely to help in the future if it became known that working with SAMCRO is only slightly safer than booking a seat on the RMS Titanic?

• Love 1

So what exactly was the purpose of killing Jury's two hired hands? Was Jax afraid they'd blab about who really killed Lin's crew? And did it not occur to him that they might be missed, and Jury would be less likely to help in the future if it became known that working with SAMCRO is only slightly safer than booking a seat on the RMS Titanic?

The Sons framed them for the murder and robbery of the Chinese gang and their customers.   That's why they put some of the drugs from the robbery and one of the guns used in killing the gang members there in the two guys' apartment.

• Love 1

The Sons framed them for the murder and robbery of the Chinese gang and their customers.   That's why they put some of the drugs from the robbery and one of the guns used in killing the gang members there in the two guys' apartment.

So Lin's supposed to believe that two guys off the turnip truck killed ten of his enforcers? And isn't it a little cold-hearted of Jax to murder two people he has zero beef with in order to further his weird revenge plot? Is NO ONE in the club objecting to any of this??? I don't remember even Clay stooping this low, and am having trouble seeing what separates Jax Teller from Charles Manson at this point.
  • Love 6

So Lin's supposed to believe that two guys off the turnip truck killed ten of his enforcers? And isn't it a little cold-hearted of Jax to murder two people he has zero beef with in order to further his weird revenge plot? Is NO ONE in the club objecting to any of this??? I don't remember even Clay stooping this low, and am having trouble seeing what separates Jax Teller from Charles Manson at this point.

Yep, that's what Lin's supposed to believe.  Yep, it's very cold hearted to murder those two guys.   The Indian River guy is going to have a LOT of objections, as one of those guys seems like he was a son or nephew.   Clay murdered Gemma's husband, put a hit out on Tara, and killed a whole series of folks including his old friend who was leading the Belfast chapter, so he's not a saint either.  

I think this is some bad writing, unless Lin is smart enough not to trust Jax's explanation and sees the murder of the two guys as a set up.

• Love 1

Clay murdered Gemma's husband, put a hit out on Tara, and killed a whole series of folks including his old friend who was leading the Belfast chapter, so he's not a saint either.  

I think this is some bad writing, unless Lin is smart enough not to trust Jax's explanation and sees the murder of the two guys as a set up.

But at least Clay was killing people who he believed to be threats to him or his position. And when he sent Chuck Zito and those other two nomads around to beat up people to undermine Jax's authority, he was visibly angry when one of them messed up and killed someone (IIRC, punching the guy and saying "I told you NO KILLING!").

These two guys? Friendly and obedient, posing zero threat to Jax, Jax's position or SAMCRO itself. Jax murdered them simply to further his revenge plot against Lim. Charles Manson did the exact same thing: having his followers murder people to kick-start his bizarre "Helter Skelter" race war. Sutter has turned this show's protagonist into a serial killer.

And Lin only trusts Jax's story if someone sneaks into his home and lobotomizes him.

• Love 2

These two guys? Friendly and obedient, posing zero threat to Jax, Jax's position or SAMCRO itself. Jax murdered them simply to further his revenge plot against Lim. Charles Manson did the exact same thing: having his followers murder people to kick-start his bizarre "Helter Skelter" race war. Sutter has turned this show's protagonist into a serial killer.

Not to defend Jax's serial killing ways, but those two guys did potentially pose a threat in that they could've easily ratted out the gang for a some cash, or under duress. They're not patched in members; they have no loyalty. So in addition to pinning the murders on them, he ties off two loose ends. Two birds, one stone. Unfortunately it seems one of the guys wasn't just some flunky Jury trusted - but quite possibly his son. And since Jury knows who did it, this is going to turn into a much bigger problem than yellows and blacks and browns - there's going to be some internal SoA shit going down too. Oops.

• Love 2

So the actor who portrays Jury also appeared as a serial killer on Criminal MInds.  The BAU would have figured the Tara/Roosvelt murders out in about two seconds.  One bludgeoned, drowned and stabbed + one shot in the back = 2 UNSUBS.  Not to mention, Tara's murder was so much brutality and overkill that it obviously was a crime of passion committed by someone very close to her.  Yet, two episodes in, no one appears to have any leads on the case?

Exactly how much suspension of belief does Kurt Sutter need for me to have?  Too much, I think.

Can we please have the BAU team from Criminal Minds show up?  You know it's bad when Charming PD is asking Unser to be a consultant on shit.

I too was thinking this morning that Jax is becoming Manson-like.  I can't imagine that not one other Son is questioning what he's doing.  Not saying they would balk but not even a casual "What's up with Jax these days?"  My man Chibs is clearly intelligent so you know he's got to be thinking it.  And Bobby is no dope either.  Surely they have to realize that what Jax is planning is severely detrimental to the club.

I realize that Jax didn't realize that Jury had a personal connection to one of those guys but as others have pointed out, how on earth is Lin going to believe that these two potheads managed to best 10 of his men on their own? 

• Love 3
Need to rewatch, seems like Jury recognized the shotgun planted on his loved one.

Yes, Jury put that shotgun into the van the Sons were using--he recognized the grip, and knew the only people who could have done this were SoA. 

I truly don't get why Jax played this this way. Even if those two were just a couple of dopehead wannabes hanging around the fringes of the Indian River chapter, why on earth would he assume either his or Jury's  club would be all right with their brutal slaying and framing? As a frame it's pretty damn laughable for the reasons cited by other posters, and I can't believe either club thinks wholesale murder of known associates in their own backyards is a good idea. 

• Love 1

I too was thinking this morning that Jax is becoming Manson-like.  I can't imagine that not one other Son is questioning what he's doing.  Not saying they would balk but not even a casual "What's up with Jax these days?"  My man Chibs is clearly intelligent so you know he's got to be thinking it.  And Bobby is no dope either.  Surely they have to realize that what Jax is planning is severely detrimental to the club.

And if they hadn't received the standard SAMCRO Lobotomy, they'd both realize that it's not a huge step from killing friends of members to killing members themselves; now that their leader has decided outright murder of friends of the club is an acceptable price to pay for furthering his own goals, NOBODY is safe. At this point, Jax doesn't care who dies in the name of avenging Tara. Others may love these victims more than Jax loved Tara and may decide to take their own revenge on SAMCRO and its members' families in retaliation, and Tara herself would have been horrified at all of this, but Jax seems oblivious.

I realize that Jax didn't realize that Jury had a personal connection to one of those guys but as others have pointed out, how on earth is Lin going to believe that these two potheads managed to best 10 of his men on their own?

Either Lin sees right through it, or Sutter thinks we're all idiots.
  • Love 1

I am now starting to wonder if there's another level to Marks' speech to Jax about taking action when he says, “The greatest lesson Mr. Pope taught me is patience … If your emotions say now, your head’s gotta say later. Clarity settles all scores, pays back all debts.”

Hey may not be talking just about Tara, but also Pope.

Was Tig showing up on Jax's doorstep last season after being cornered by Marks at the docks, just nothing, or did he spill the beans about Pope to Marks?

I am now starting to think that in retaliation for Pope's death, Marks is going to kill Gemma, while not knowing she actually killed Tara. two birds, one stone.

Edited by Febgirl
  • Love 5

As a frame it's pretty damn laughable for the reasons cited by other posters, and I can't believe either club thinks wholesale murder of known associates in their own backyards is a good idea.

It's pure disrespect towards the Indian Hills chapter, even though Jax likely didn't know of Jury's personal connection to one of them: "Your friends and associates are completely disposable because we say so." Methinks Jury may be having second thoughts about his club being patched over all those seasons ago. Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS

And if they hadn't received the standard SAMCRO Lobotomy, they'd both realize that it's not a huge step from killing friends of members to killing members themselves; now that their leader has decided outright murder of friends of the club is an acceptable price to pay for furthering his own goals, NOBODY is safe. At this point, Jax doesn't care who dies in the name of avenging Tara. Others may love these victims more than Jax loved Tara and may decide to take their own revenge on SAMCRO and its members' families in retaliation, and Tara herself would have been horrified at all of this, but Jax seems oblivious.

Either Lin sees right through it, or Sutter thinks we're all idiots.

Interesting (and hypocritical) to me that Jax didn't seem nearly as concerned or worried about Tara while he was screwing around with Collette and while Tara was still alive . . . now she's dead (at his mother's hand, no less) and suddenly Jax is the great avenger.  Maybe he should be most concerned about his children and protecting them from this shitstorm he's creating. 

But no . . . he'll wait until something happens to one or both of them.  Because that's what Jax does.

ETA:  Seems most of the club live in their own homes.  How on earth are the majority of them still alive?  Jax is president and has no protection at his home at all times? 

Edited by psychoticstate
  • Love 2

Regarding Wendy and Nero:  I'm afraid for both of them.  Gemma's no dummy and I thought she noticed a connection between the two of them when they were all sitting at the table.  If Gemma feels like something is going on between them, I shudder to think about what she might do. 

I am now starting to think that in retaliation for Pope's death, Marks is going to kill Gemma, while not knowing she actually killed Tara. two birds, one stone.

I like that.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 2

This show has become incredibly boring since Tara died, and I didn't even like Tara.  She at least offered plenty of crazy with her scheme to get out of the life.   Now all we have is brooding, dead-eyed Jax killing everyone in Tara's name.  Ho-hum.

I don't have a good feeling about Wendy and Nero, either.  Love them together, but something tells me everyone will be dead by the end of this thing, and Wendy has been skating on thin ice for quite a while, now.  How she can sleep in the same house with the woman who gave her a lethal dose of heroin in the hopes that she would kill herself boggles my mind.  What is wrong with these people?

Nero, well, it's hard to say what will happen to him, but if Gemma's track record is any indication, he has an expiration date stamped on him somewhere.  Dude needs to get the fuck away from her, fast.

I don't know...I miss the early days, where the club kind of had everyone fooled and did things in the community and were sneakier about how screwed up and awful they were.  Now, anyone still living in Charming is a colossal idiot, and the Sons are so open about their shit, it's becoming harder to buy that anyone in their right mind would trust them or stick around.  That's why I laughed when What's-His-Face said he would ruin "Mayberry" if Jax fucked with him, because "Mayberry" has been the most violent, crime-ridden town in CA for some time, now.  WHAT is he talking about?

• Love 6

They are the LAMEST Asian mob I have ever soon. Most news stories about them paint a picture of some pretty savvy, RUTHLESS, motherfuckers. It was my understanding, they come into a territory and ELIMINATE any competition. Just save Nero. That's all I care about and not that much.

Edited by leisawoo
  • Love 2
Interesting (and hypocritical) to me that Jax didn't seem nearly as concerned or worried about Tara while he was screwing around with Collette and while Tara was still alive . . . now she's dead (at his mother's hand, no less) and suddenly Jax is the great avenger.

Well, guilt over being a total shithead does motivate a lot of revenge--you're trying to project/outrun your own culpability. Once Jax gets his kids killed with his idiocy he'll have a hat trick of vengeance mind tricks to play on himself. He's totally Gemma's kid--she's been shown several times in the last episodes being confronted by what she did, nearly losing it, then steeling herself to toss shade in every direction twice as hard.

• Love 5