Type keyword(s) to search

[Question] Inserting a Video Clip Into a Post

I've tried, unsuccessfully, to try to insert a video clip in a post so it can be played from within the post.  I would appreciate it if someone could direct me to where the how-to is located or post specific, detailed instructions [like for a five year old :-)].  Thanks in advance.

Just pasting in the link should auto-embed it. YouTube, etc. - all the majors should be supported. Not sure about TikTok...

How are you doing it now?

• Like 1

When I copy the link (cntl/c) and paste in the reply area (cntl/v), it displays the link name, not the video image.

https://youtu.be/gDkXXj1EAHQ

Just copy the address of the page you are on. When you use the link YouTube pushes you to use under "share" it will take  give a link to YouTube which they prefer. 

• Thanks 1

When you paste the link, wait a beat for the embed code to take what you pasted and insert the video embed. If you don't wait (like a half second to a second and a half) the embed cancels and just the text will stick.

• Thanks 1

Yes. I erroneous used the shortened address.  When I cut and pasted the link from the address bar, it worked beautifully.  Thanks to everyone for the assistance.

• Like 2