Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Lois & Clark

Chuck was pretty great.  It's a real shame there aren't any contenders right now on the rom com/action trope.  It's a good trope.  :D

On 12/22/2018 at 11:28 AM, BkWurm1 said:

Did you see the Arrowverse crossover that had Clark and Lois?  They were only in it in the first and last of the three nights but they had a nice little arc.  The episodes would all be on the CW App  

I did see that.  Lois and Clark were definitely very cute in it.

I was reading this thread last week, and there’s a little more love for S3/ S4 than I had, but those seasons do have their good points.  I just felt that the whole “Clark breaks up with Lois for her own good” storyline didn’t have a lot of finesse (I know Lois mentioned that she was, but I didn’t see her taking a ton more risks since she figured out that Clark was Superman).  It felt more like a stalling tactic that then led into Lois’s kidnapping, Lois’s amnesia, New Krypton, etc., rather than an issue that they had to work through organically.  And Clark just flat-out breaking up with Lois instead of maybe, say, having an argument about it where they’re in a bad place at the end of it, might have felt better.

I did like a lot of S3 episodes, though, because they had some great shippy moments in them in between all the stalling.  I did like the Jonathan Frakes/ Genie Francis one because Lois and Clark got to sort their issues out. The virtual reality episode was good, too.  And “Ordinary People” which I know was mentioned upthread is one of my favorites because Lois and Clark are impossibly cute together.  Her teaching him how to start a fire without heat vision is “so fluffy I’m gonna die!” (to quote Despicable Me).

3 hours ago, Peace 47 said:

It felt more like a stalling tactic that then led into Lois’s kidnapping, Lois’s amnesia, New Krypton, etc., rather than an issue that they had to work through organically.  And Clark just flat-out breaking up with Lois instead of maybe, say, having an argument about it where they’re in a bad place at the end of it, might have felt better.

You are not wrong.