Type keyword(s) to search

Unverified Intelligence: The Speculation/Wishlist Thread

• Start Topic

A friend of mine suggested that the reason Malick wanted Coulson alive (through Roz and I guess, Ward) was relative to the "Death" manuscript.  What if the only way to come back through the portal is to have died or survived death?  Both Fitz and Coulson have survived death.  And it links with the description for 3x10 "Maveth" wherein Fitz and Coulson seem to be working together on something dangerous.  Maybe when Malick got his intel (from whom??) that Jemma came back through he'd assumed that it was Coulson as basically everyone at this point knows that Coulson survived his impaling. In reality, it was Fitz-- whom few (one of which being Ward) know survived his own death. 

I have a theory that the astronaut was trying to protect Jemma and that when Will fired off the gun he was aiming for Jemma. I'm not sure how it works out exactly cause there are a crap-ton of plot holes stemming from 4722 Hours that need to be cleared up first, but it's a theory I'm running with.  I think the Big Bad is, in fact, Will. And I suspect that Jemma's adventures with Will are a false memory implanted by the Big Bad. 

Edited by HistoryGirl
  • Love 2

Well, after watching the fall finale, I am going to speculate that Andrew/Lash is the one to kill Maveth (Ward).  We saw Fitz shoot Will after learning he's not Will and the bugger kept getting up until he used the flare gun.  So now we know that Maveth is difficult to kill.  I wonder what would happen if there were no dead bodies for it to jump into? 

My spec is purely based on last nights ep and nothing else.  I don't know the comics or back stories of a lot of these inhuman characters so I very well could be wrong but it hit me while reading everyone's posts in the episode thread.  Lash gets away, the line about Lash killing inhumans and Fitz tries to kill Maveth not knowing he failed.

Well, after watching the fall finale, I am going to speculate that Andrew/Lash is the one to kill Maveth (Ward).  We saw Fitz shoot Will after learning he's not Will and the bugger kept getting up until he used the flare gun.  So now we know that Maveth is difficult to kill.  I wonder what would happen if there were no dead bodies for it to jump into? 

My guess is that, before Maveth is killed off, the team is going to figure it out and find a way to kill the worm to prevent any further infections.  If it does end up being Lash killing him, I can see the show doing something like this:  The team knows how to kill the worm but, for whatever reason, they can't do it in time to keep it from moving from Zombie Will to Lash.  Then, May has to step in a kill Lash AND the zombie worm to end this plot.

It's angsty, but the kind of angsty that this show seems to be building towards.  Since this show actually does a fairly good job of tying up loose ends when ending a plot (well, at least compared to some other shows I watch), I think that Maveth, Lash, AND the worm will all have to be dealt with.

Edited by OtterMommy

My guess is that, before Maveth is killed off, the team is going to figure it out and find a way to kill the worm to prevent any further infections.  If it does end up being Lash killing him, I can see the show doing something like this:  The team knows how to kill the worm but, for whatever reason, they can't do it in time to keep it from moving from Zombie Will to Lash.  Then, May has to step in a kill Lash AND the zombie worm to end this plot.

It's angsty, but the kind of angsty that this show seems to be building towards.  Since this show actually does a fairly good job of tying up loose ends when ending a plot (well, at least compared to some other shows I watch), I think that Maveth, Lash, AND the worm will all have to be dealt with.

I agree.  I should have been more specific that Lash won't kill 'Ward' until the end of the season but I do think that if they go this route, it will be May that kills Andrew (cause it's not like she hasn't had enough crap to go through).

In any case, I don't like that Ward is still there in any capacity.  I'm done with him.  My dream scenario that I posted somewhere was for Ward to be pushed through and then destroy the last 6 mini-liths.  Problem solved.  But no, he's back.  

• Love 1

Yeah, this is my thought, too. Lash is compelled to kill Inhumans. . . to prevent an army accumulating for IT. So it would only make sense for Lash to be the one to kill IT. I, too, don't read the comic books so I haven't a clue what they say.

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 1

I had this totally crazy and completely out-of-the-left-field thought some time after the finale...

Imagine:

Maveth is an amalgam of all these previous lives, memories and feelings. But what if Will's feelings for Jemma were so powerfull, Maveth is now completely filled with them (plus hatered for Coulson and SHIELD, but mostly love for Jemma). Instead of trying to take over the world with Malick, he spends his days dreaming of Jemma's smile and the sound of her voice. Finally, he decides to make Jemma his Queen. He can even let her keep her Fitz, if she so desires. Hydra, as an organization, is not amused, and thus Malick begins to plot how to get rid of this pesky god...

(hey, i could watch this as half-hour comedy series!)

Edited by Ariah
  • Love 2

Yeah, this is my thought, too. Lash is compelled to kill Inhumans. . . to prevent an army accumulating for IT. So it would only make sense for Lash to be the one to kill IT. I, too, don't read the comic books so I haven't a clue what they say.

It's possible. All of their powers have a purpose, including IT and Lash. Depending on what SquidWard's powers are ,it could be interesting.

A few things:

- Maveth/Goblin Ward is based on the comic character Hive, who has no real long term story attached to it aside from it gobbling up Hydra agents and being just a pain to kill.  So I think the writers are going to make this one their own variation. 

- Lash killed "unworthy" Inhumans.  Or at least that's what Andrew seemed to argue.  He deemed Daisy "worthy".  It's unclear where his loyalties are.  Did he kill them off because they weren't worthy enough to be in Hive's army?  Or did he kill them off because he thinks they're an abomination or some such racist ideology? Or is there still a piece of Andrew in there fighting to protect the team? 

I agree that I think the season will come down to Lash versus Hive/Goblin Ward. What I'm most interested in is how much of the host body's memories does he retain?  Will he go after Jemma? (Will's memories)  Or will he go after Coulson/Fitz? (Ward's memories)

I'm still living on the hope train that when Will was killed protecting Jemma it was actually way earlier than the viewer was led to believe by that statement to Fitz.  I think/suspect there might be a long con at play, and maybe Jemma was his plaything for a while until Fitz came for her.  It would certainly explain why an astronaut didn't really have any understanding of the space science Jemma was explaining and why she was so dazed sounded right before the flare went off. 

I agree that I think the season will come down to Lash versus Hive/Goblin Ward. What I'm most interested in is how much of the host body's memories does he retain?  Will he go after Jemma? (Will's memories)  Or will he go after Coulson/Fitz? (Ward's memories)

I'm still living on the hope train that when Will was killed protecting Jemma it was actually way earlier than the viewer was led to believe by that statement to Fitz.  I think/suspect there might be a long con at play, and maybe Jemma was his plaything for a while until Fitz came for her.  It would certainly explain why an astronaut didn't really have any understanding of the space science Jemma was explaining and why she was so dazed sounded right before the flare went off.

I don't see why it would go after Jemma or any SHIELD member. I think it just wants to destroy/rule the world and then use it's host's memories to it's advantage when it comes to dealing with the team.

I hope they don't mess with Jemma for the rest of the season. Let her get over what happened and have things happen around her and not to her. I want that for the whole team actually. For the most part I want the drama to be externally and not internally. The only internal conflict I want besides FitzSimmons (because that seems to be a given every season) is Fitz/Coulson dealing with what happened on the planet and maybe Lincoln's dark past coming back to cause trouble for "Laisy".

Could be how yo-yo is introduced.

Edited by Fogh

A friend of mine suggested that the reason Malick wanted Coulson alive (through Roz and I guess, Ward) was relative to the "Death" manuscript.  What if the only way to come back through the portal is to have died or survived death?  Both Fitz and Coulson have survived death.  And it links with the description for 3x10 "Maveth" wherein Fitz and Coulson seem to be working together on something dangerous.  Maybe when Malick got his intel (from whom??) that Jemma came back through he'd assumed that it was Coulson as basically everyone at this point knows that Coulson survived his impaling. In reality, it was Fitz-- whom few (one of which being Ward) know survived his own death. 

That's an awesome theory. Depending on Maveth's usual methods, this could explain Zombie Ward making it through too - if Maveth usually takes over a living host and lets it decay, that may be different in this case due to its panicked jump from a destroyed body into a corpse (Ward looks a lot grosser and more obviously dead than Will did), which would explain why Maveth could jump through the portal this time but hadn't been able to wait at a portal spot at any other time in millenia spent on the planet. Or just having one undead person pass through is sufficient to make the portal usable that time (which would explain Jemma getting through). 

Malik does think a few steps ahead which is why he needed Coulson alive to send FitzSimmons to the warehouse. He isn't clairvoyant so there is no way he foresaw Coulson diving through the portal just before they closed it.

Yeah I have no idea why Maveth couldn't just crawl to the portal and slither through. I kinda grokked from the show that the portal specifically kept Maveth out, and that's why they kept sending 'sacrifices' through, so Maveth could commandeer their bodies - like a loophole in the plan to imprison it.

Still not sure why the portal stone grabbed Simmons, though - every other traveler had to use all sorts of tricks and gizmos to make a portal happen, and all she did was dope-dee-doh past it one day. It implied a sentience to the portal stone, that it could think and choose and wait for the right moment to strike.

Nobody on the show has addressed that, have they?

Still not sure why the portal stone grabbed Simmons, though - every other traveler had to use all sorts of tricks and gizmos to make a portal happen, and all she did was dope-dee-doh past it one day. It implied a sentience to the portal stone, that it could think and choose and wait for the right moment to strike.

Nobody on the show has addressed that, have they?

I'm pretty certain Simmons just happened to be at a wrong place in a very wrong time - just as the moons on Blue Planet were set in the correct position, the monolith liquified and grabbed at the first organic object it found near (and since the doors to it container were unlocked...).

In the flashback to the castle in 1839, where the Hydra/RamHead of old was gathering and deciding who to put in the monolith chamber  (ep 3.02)- it was before the installment of the early 20th century sonic amplifier (Professor Asgardian said there was no chamber in 1855, when he visited the castle). Most probably, the Hydra of old figured the irregularities with which the monolith opens, with a slight margin for mistake, and was just putting "sacrifices" in a close proximity to it at one special time of the year ;)

Later on, they've came across the sound/vibration correlation and were using it. And then they've lost the monolith.

The irony is, that had Fitz shot that shotgun at the monolith half a minute later, he would have been taken as well, because the portal opened just after that. I know a lot of people think it was triggered by Daisy, being an inhuman, but that never aligned afterwards (in the castle, for example). Just a coincidence.

• Love 1

After struggling mightily to understand how Civil War can include Spider-Man without making it a weird "Didn't you know this guy's always been around" thing, it hit me that he could make his first appearance on SHIELD. Yeah, it's probably not going to happen with the determination to treat the show's as the 'verse's redheaded stepchild, but it could make things a lot more natural.

My speculation with Gideon Malick being officially untouchable as far as President Ellis is concerned by the end of the season Bobbi and Hunter pull off another assassination of a Hydra head and that is what makes them 'Most Wanted"

After struggling mightily to understand how Civil War can include Spider-Man without making it a weird "Didn't you know this guy's always been around" thing, it hit me that he could make his first appearance on SHIELD. Yeah, it's probably not going to happen with the determination to treat the show's as the 'verse's redheaded stepchild, but it could make things a lot more natural.

While he won't and the movies have such a lead time the tie in is always on the side of Agents of SHIELD to fill in the gaps with the President and the world seeing an explosion of enhanced people and now in on the Inhuman secret that only SHIELD, Hydra, and Lash knew about. The Civil War, on the TV side, is about more than a few Avengers but vigilantes like Yo-Yo who is actively fighting her own government.

So the Watchdogs have a bomb and Hive the terragin crystals meanwhile Skye wants all her Inhumans to reach their destiny. I am thinking a bomb will go off. With AOS going so hard I think the cancellation of an Inhuman movie is just a matter of time

My theory is that SquidWard wants to use the nuke to make a Terragin Mist bomb (which is actually something from the comics) and that it will go off, sending even, more people to become Inhumans and the world descends into chaos because of this. Then this event forces Tony Stark build the prison that we see in the CA:CW trailer. 

I wish that this was a truly connected universe but I have heard one of the main reasons as to why it's so loosely connected is because the head of Marvel movie branch and Marvel TV branch do not like each other. 

In the it's all connected universe the two Agents shows have done the heavy lifting in filling on the blanks. The earth based Avengers shouldn't have a problem of adding a mention with less disruption than a Thor tease trailet

More death pool speculation. From the comics Agents of SHIELD 322 Fallen Agent has a cover similar to the Amazing Spider-Man 121

Spoiler

where Gwen Stacey dies. In the same position as Gwen Stacy on the panel is Melinda May

With Daisy in the spot of Spider-Man

On 5/3/2016 at 6:14 PM, TVSpectator said:

My pick would be Coulson, Daisy, or Lincoln. Although, I wondering if they are going to pull out some GH formula and resurrect someone?

Kree bodies and blood laying around....hmmm.....

So does SHIELD remain a President Ellis black ops unit with a new Director be it General Ellis, May or Mac? Or perhaps a new international SHIELD combining with a post accords Avengers back up normal folk and the helicarrier to Coulson's post Hydra survivors to bring back big SHIELD with Maria Hill? Someone new or a minor player in a movie being held in place until he shows up in a next phase movie

• Love 1

I'm really hoping for Maria Hill. May would be good too, but I think Maria would add some conflict to the situation. She and Coulson have enough of a relationship that she'll let him pursue Daisy part time, but when he's needed elsewhere she's got no problem giving him the order to go.

• Love 2

I think the new director may be Talbot. They really were emphasizing his role as a liaison this past season, and in the flash forward Coulson mentions that the Director will call in the National Guard, which makes me think that SHIELD is going to be folded more into the US military.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, SocaShoe said:

I'm really hoping for Maria Hill. May would be good too, but I think Maria would add some conflict to the situation. She and Coulson have enough of a relationship that she'll let him pursue Daisy part time, but when he's needed elsewhere she's got no problem giving him the order to go.

I would like Maria too but I feel like she's too much into the film verse now.

Spoiler

I think she will be in the Infinity War movies or Spider-man because the Russo's were asked where Fury and Hill where in Civil War and they said they had plans for them and we would find out.

If they involve Fury or Hill they will be even more pressure to connect the universes and I don't feel like Marvel has any interest in that at all. Only in name only and only that the show references the movies and never the other way around. 

Edited by dkb
Civil War stuff

Okay, season 4 speculation:

Does it seem to anyone else that they're going with a "full circle" type of story line, here? The series starts and ends with SHIELD/Coulson trying to track down and tame Skye/Daisy/Quake, the renegade who uses her hacker/vibration powers to "take on the Man"?

On 5/18/2016 at 2:34 PM, kitlee625 said:

I think the new director may be Talbot. They really were emphasizing his role as a liaison this past season, and in the flash forward Coulson mentions that the Director will call in the National Guard, which makes me think that SHIELD is going to be folded more into the US military.

Maybe. Personally, I can't see the writers bringing in brand new character to fill in the position. Although, I remember hearing, in an interview with the Whedons, that they hinted that the new director will probably not be fit for the job (even though by my standards Coulson wasn't a great director and had a nasty habit of screwing anyone who wasn't part of his original Team, but I guess we are to assume that he should be the rightful SHIELD director). So, I would probably rule out May and Maria Hill as the new director (although, IMO, wouldn't it be cool if one of them was the new director?) or maybe they will have a LMD of Victoria Hand running the place?

My Speculation for Season 4:

Dr. Radcliff's LMDs will turn evil (and he will probably accidently create a Grant Ward model, by mistake) but by the time everyone will noticed it will be too late. Daisy, is going to probably hate SHIELD and everything it stands for and is "fighting" them, because she blames them for Lincoln's death and not even a LMD will bring her back to the Team.

• Love 2

With Colby Smulders' Jack Reacher movie due in October there maybe the cross promotion chance for a Director Hill like Samual L. Jackson did but it is looking like she is movies and maybe appointment TV but not regular series actress anymore

(edited)

I would go to the media page (I am going to post a long post soon there anyways because this thread won't allow me to post it in here) and just look up what has been posted about Season 4. Overall, I have heard little on what is going to happen next season but I have heard about a possible version of Ghost Rider showing up on the show, in the fall.

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1

This is more wishlist and spit-balling due to lack of any real info than anything, but I wonder if Daisy going fugitive wouldn't be a way to Bobbie and Hunter back on the show. Now that their pilot hasn't been picked up the actors are free, but they're not allowed back in SHIELD (for now). Enter ex-Agent Johnson on the run from SHIELD and in need of assistance. Who better to turn to than other ex-SHIELD agents who weren't around for the mess that resulted in her leaving?

After three seasons showing otherwise, its unrealistic to expect the show to NOT focus on Daisy (she's second only to Coulson in terms of how much of the story has centered around her) so she's going to need people to interact with. If the showrunners want Hunter and Bobbie back (and perhaps want to play around with some of the spin-off's concepts in a limited fashion) that seems like a bang-up way to do it.

I also do not rule out the chance that what's really going on in the flash forward is some variation on Secret Invasion (perhaps with body-snatching LMD's in place of the Skrull) and that the Coulson and Mac we saw are actually duplicates (because Daisy's powers make it easy to explain why she's not so easily duplicated and therefore a threat to the body-snatchers' plans). Again, this comes down to the expectation that Daisy will continue to be a lead and not reduced to a supporting role and that her acts of destruction will be revealed to have some purpose beyond "she's turned into a villain" (ex. the destroyed bank was actually a front for the bad guys and making it look like a robbery disguises the real reason it was hit... or something).

• Love 1
(edited)

Rumor has it that they are looking for two Hispanic actors and the character descriptions sounds (to many fans) a lot like the character descriptions from Robbie and Gabe Reyes, from the comics.  Robbie was a version of the Ghost Rider (his soul gets "bonded" to another soul of a serial killer named Eli Morrow- in the comics) that drove a sup-up 1969 Dodge Charger instead of a motorcycle. That being said, I really don't know if they will go all out and do an actual magic/magic-related character since they for some reason they made Hellfire into an Inhuman. Yes, he was part of the Secret Warriors (and was a traitor), but he was never in the comics an Inhuman nor Mutant (his powers were supernatural base and not sci-fi related. He inherited his powers from his ancestor who was the Phantom Rider). So, if that tells me anything, is that they are probably going to fudge the details on any and all magic/magic-related characters and probably try to explain it away with something as, "OMG, they are another Inhuman who has supernatural powers). Which IMO, sucks but I won't be surprised to see them trying to pull it off. Robbie Reyes seems to be a less known and less popular Ghost Rider. Plus, I think they got away with Hellfire (a.k.a. James Taylor James) because he was lesser known and they also (at first) tried to make their character vaguely different (hell they changed the nationality to Australian from American).  

I would like to see some magic related stuff but I would rather have them not explain it or trying to explain it. Instead, I would rather have them leave their origins of their powers a little bit vague. 

That being said, I probably said this before but, I would like to see the LMDs but there is so much more that I would like to see on this show. Like, what happened with Gravitron/Ian Quinn and also actual Skrulls. Plus, I would like to see Cal again (and in the comics, Robbie fights Cal) and I wouldn't mind seeing the evil version of Daisy coming out, now that she isn't SHIELD anymore. 

Edited by TVSpectator
On 7/11/2016 at 7:50 PM, TVSpectator said:

That being said, I probably said this before but, I would like to see the LMDs but there is so much more that I would like to see on this show. Like, what happened with Gravitron/Ian Quinn and also actual Skrulls. Plus, I would like to see Cal again (and in the comics, Robbie fights Cal) and I wouldn't mind seeing the evil version of Daisy coming out, now that she isn't SHIELD anymore. 

I would love to see Graviton return, and I'm excited to see what they do with LMDs this season. I would also love to see a dark Daisy, but I'm doubtful as to how much they're going to do with that, aside from giving her dyed black hair and a goth wardrobe.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, kitlee625 said:

I would love to see Graviton return, and I'm excited to see what they do with LMDs this season. I would also love to see a dark Daisy, but I'm doubtful as to how much they're going to do with that, aside from giving her dyed black hair and a goth wardrobe.

Yeah, Graviton, in my opinion, is a big loose end for this show and it needs to be tied up. Personally, if they can work that into the show it would be great. 

• Love 1

Wishlist item.  With Patton Oswalt seemingly about ready to return to work that we find out for sure that the Koeing brothers and Director Mace are androids suprising the doctor of all science Radcliff to no end

3 hours ago, Raja said:

Wishlist item.  With Patton Oswalt seemingly about ready to return to work that we find out for sure that the Koeing brothers and Director Mace are androids suprising the doctor of all science Radcliff to no end

I would love to see Patton Oswalt's Koeing Brothers again and yeah if it does turn out that Mace is an LMD that would just prove that my theory about him was right! Now, I also have a headcanon that Simmons was replaced by a Skrull shapeshifter while Fitz was trying to rescue her and Will was trying to save her from Hive and that the real Simmons is still in space- probably in a Skrull prison or stuck on that planet. I also think that Fitz is also an LMD but unlike Mace, he isn't aware that he is one (sort of like Teen Machine). 

2 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

I would love to see Patton Oswalt's Koeing Brothers again and yeah if it does turn out that Mace is an LMD that would just prove that my theory about him was right! Now, I also have a headcanon that Simmons was replaced by a Skrull shapeshifter while Fitz was trying to rescue her and Will was trying to save her from Hive and that the real Simmons is still in space- probably in a Skrull prison or stuck on that planet. I also think that Fitz is also an LMD but unlike Mace, he isn't aware that he is one (sort of like Teen Machine). 

Personally, except for Oswalt returning, I hope none of this pans out.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

Personally, except for Oswalt returning, I hope none of this pans out.

Actually, I think that it would be great. We finally get confirmation that one of the best Marvel alien species do exist in the MCU and we get to see a live action version of Machine Teen. I mean they already have Radcliffe (which was a character from those comics) present, but in the comics, he was a minor villain that went after Machine Teen's creator/"father" and also it would so explain much about Fitz and what I would call inconsistent writing of the character. 

Edit: Plus, if the real Simmons is in space that would at least give her more to do than just cry and then hook up with Fitz. I would say that her "story" wasn't much of a story in that it never had a resolution, to her trip to the planet other than she hooked up with Fitz. That was literally what the whole story was about-Fitz gets his girl, even though in the past she never seemed to be romantically interested in him and they are happy together- for some reason. WTF? That's it no getting revenge on Hive, no figured a way off the planet, no learning, no going back to the planet and finding out the truth,  nothing else. 

Edited by TVSpectator

It is my firmest wish that they DON'T go down the road of having Ada go bad now that she's super-powerful. I want them to turn the cliches on their heads by actually having Ada's programming WORK, and not in some twisted logic way where she thinks she has to solve humanity from itself either. Clearly she can't work as a permanent presence with that kind of power, so her days on the show are now officially in final countdown, but lets send her off in some better fashion then going evil and being defeated. Have her have to sacrifice herself to save humanity, or something like that. Or have her transcend to some other state of enlightened being (maybe that's why she was replicating a human brain), and decide humanity needs to be left alone.

• Love 2
On 12/3/2016 at 10:23 AM, TVSpectator said:

On 12/3/2016 at 10:31 AM, TVSpectator said:

Actually, I think that it would be great. We finally get confirmation that one of the best Marvel alien species do exist in the MCU and we get to see a live action version of Machine Teen. I mean they already have Radcliffe (which was a character from those comics) present, but in the comics, he was a minor villain that went after Machine Teen's creator/"father" and also it would so explain much about Fitz and what I would call inconsistent writing of the character. 

Edit: Plus, if the real Simmons is in space that would at least give her more to do than just cry and then hook up with Fitz. I would say that her "story" wasn't much of a story in that it never had a resolution, to her trip to the planet other than she hooked up with Fitz. That was literally what the whole story was about-Fitz gets his girl, even though in the past she never seemed to be romantically interested in him and they are happy together- for some reason. WTF? That's it no getting revenge on Hive, no figured a way off the planet, no learning, no going back to the planet and finding out the truth,  nothing else. 

With Phil ready to go for it with Melinda I think you got the wrong false flag relationship. Aida's "children" (Eli was going on about creating life at the end) might play the role of the Super-Skrulls much like the Inhumans have taken the place of Mutants.