Type keyword(s) to search

Unverified Intelligence: The Speculation/Wishlist Thread

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

Oh, I must've missed the part where Thor just handwaved her actions away (which he didn't. He was angry at her for a long time during that movie but came over to her because Asgard was in trouble and she was a Valkyrie and technically also an Asgardian. Loki throughout the film was consistently getting the short stick as well, and people were (at times) seem to be a step ahead of him. Also, Valkyrie's character made way more sense and had a very important presence in the film while Deke is just a waste of screen time. Why is he in the past (other than to tell people who his grandparents are?), he has no purpose, he really has no knowledge of the event that is supposed to destroy the world, and when/if the future changes does this mean he just fades away/ceases to exist (like it is going to be like Back to the Future-esque?), etc...? Also, storywise he is worse than Valkyrie and Star-Lord  (pre-Orb) combined. He works with alien overlords that are responsible for killing his mother, he almost gets the entire human race killed, he runs a Kree approve business, even now his character hasn't really changed and he only stills really cares about himself, etc...

BJ Britt gave two interviews around the time he left and he claimed that the killing Trip came out of nowhere for him. He never said he was leaving because he got a new job, instead, he said that the producers called him into their office and told him that they were going to kill off his character soon. He said that he was pretty much saddened by it and eventually told the other cast about it and they were also saddened by it as well. 

Yeah, part of me wonders if they wanted to go and tell these "complex" stories with these "complex" characters but never fully committed to it and/o just gave up on it soon afterward. For me it's basically would be if the showrunner of Breaking Bad just decided that once Jesse learned that Walt poisoned a child he just forgot about and just continued to hang out with Walt- under his own free will or something. Because if that had happened I would be sure that many people would be upset that Jesse would just so easily forgive Walt for that kind of shit and honestly, I don't think that Jesse, at the end of the series, forgave Walt 100% either for it as well. Instead, in my opinion, the showrunners of this show (AoS) just want us to "move on" and/or forget about it because that seems to be what the characters are doing. There shouldn't be a 100% forgiveness or even trust in Fitz from Daisy. She was tortured and now Mack shouldn't trust Simmons and Yo-Yo shouldn't either because again, of what Simmons and Yo-Yo did him, etc... Not mentioned that Deke is a waste of a character and has no point being in the current story, storywise at all. Not to mention why should audiences/the main characters even accept him when he just sold one of them into slavery? WTF was that and WTF are people so okay with it?

As with the plots, yes there is a constant hitting of the restart button but also retconning things so whatever they decided to pair up May/Coulson and/or Fitz/Simmons they now can say, "well the characters were always like that...." even though we know they weren't. It's like watching characters from a parallel universe or something and there isn't much explaining being done but just having a forced flashback trying to retconned past seasons worths of what we know of these characters (and I am not talking about turning Ward into a Hydra member. That was something different but last season of Coulson always being in love with May, etc....). Ward's evilness is what made him into a good villain, IMO, but also that he was competent villain (he gets really close and/or achieves his goals)  

Am I the only one seeing the bigger picture here saving billions is more important than how someone feels about being betray 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Froippi said:

Am I the only one seeing the bigger picture here saving billions is more important than how someone feels about being betray 

How would they go about saving the world if they don't know how it ends? That is the mystery but at the same time you have Fitz with his split personality issues, Deke, Simmons, and Yo-Yo tricking Mack and taking Fitz out of prison, Ruby, possibly Graviton, Coulson is dying, and they all still don't know how exactly the world will end. I mean Hydra (of course it has to be Hydra) has something called, "Destroyer of Worlds" which was something that Deke called Daisy but who knows what is going on. So, what exactly are they going to do IF they don't know what is to be done and if Yo-Yo sees the future why can't she tell them what will happen? Also, I really don't remember Yo-Yo ever being a Seer in the comics either but that is another question/issue. 

(edited)
11 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

How would they go about saving the world if they don't know how it ends? That is the mystery but at the same time you have Fitz with his split personality issues, Deke, Simmons, and Yo-Yo tricking Mack and taking Fitz out of prison, Ruby, possibly Graviton, Coulson is dying, and they all still don't know how exactly the world will end. I mean Hydra (of course it has to be Hydra) has something called, "Destroyer of Worlds" which was something that Deke called Daisy but who knows what is going on. So, what exactly are they going to do IF they don't know what is to be done and if Yo-Yo sees the future why can't she tell them what will happen? Also, I really don't remember Yo-Yo ever being a Seer in the comics either but that is another question/issue. 

Keeping Fitz locked up is not a recipe for success your going to need his brain at some point so it’s a risk that has to be taken and even Daisy said they need every weapon in this fight and to me that means Fitz to as much as people don’t want to agree with it 

well the weapon Fitz has intel on is a start and waiting tell they get back Is not a option either could be to late by then

Edited by Froippi
  • Love 2

Looking back to Seasons 1-3 Coulson and May were always friends and not some lovers longing to be together. That is just shippers (and in my opinion, they ruined the show) trying to force their interpretation onto the show. Then the show decided to retcon that into Coulson having longing feelings for May, etc.

This is one of my big sticking points for this show. Not only does it feel too soapy and forced with everyone pairing off, but I feel like with both Coulson and May they have completely abandoned who they were originally and relationships that were important earlier on (the cellist and Andrew). Especially with May - they've given her no time to grieve or process the loss of Andrew (that's a story I'd want to see). It feels cheap to chalk the complexities of the Coulson/May relationship up to a romantic connection IMO.

While the show has improved vastly in many ways, the emphasis on ships versus story is a bit much for me. I'd love some stand alone cases that really got back to who they are as agents, and as other have mentioned, backed off a bit on the Avenger level threats. 

• Love 3
On 4/8/2018 at 5:57 PM, GonzoBear said:

This is one of my big sticking points for this show. Not only does it feel too soapy and forced with everyone pairing off, but I feel like with both Coulson and May they have completely abandoned who they were originally and relationships that were important earlier on (the cellist and Andrew). Especially with May - they've given her no time to grieve or process the loss of Andrew (that's a story I'd want to see). It feels cheap to chalk the complexities of the Coulson/May relationship up to a romantic connection IMO.

While the show has improved vastly in many ways, the emphasis on ships versus story is a bit much for me. I'd love some stand alone cases that really got back to who they are as agents, and as other have mentioned, backed off a bit on the Avenger level threats. 

Personally, my theory is that the show is focusing on ships because of them trying for ratings and in my opinion, they do use at least Fitz/Simmons relationship for rating purposes (at least by trying to draw in the "oh, no what else would happen to them?". At this point, in my opinion, it's probably better to just write them off the show have them be forgotten.  

But getting back to the May/Coulson relationship- from watching the older episodes on Netflix and watching Season 3 live, and watching Season 4 like a few days after the episodes aired- the impression that I got was that they were close friends but never longing to be lovers  (same with Fitz and Simmons in most of Season 1) but by late Season 4 it became, "I LOVE MAY!". It really does throw (at least for me) Coulson's old flames out of the window because each time it's supposed to be an "another love lost because of his job and she could've been the one...." type deal, IMO. As with May, her and Andrew were the typical tragic couple, IMO. They got married, were ready to start a family, but the events of Melinda happened and May shut herself down emotionally, which lead to a divorce, and then when they met again (and trying to restart their relationship) Andrew became Lash, Lash died, and May was over-looking his dead body in the Playground's hanger bay. In my opinion, it was handled much better than the way they handled  Will's and Trip's death, but it was also supposed to be a moment for May mourning for Andrew/Lash more or less and also a way to close out that relationship. Granted not many of those other relationships get that moment on this show, IMO. There was a thing going on with Trip and Simmons and that never got played out. Instead Trip died pretty suddenly, everyone had a drink in his honor and they moved on, etc....

As with the show improving, I would say no it's not really improving. What I believe is going on is that they are just making all of the ships more or less show canon and that is way a lot of people are liking it. I still see many problems that the show had in Season 1 in Season 4 (the biggest, IMO, is the show wanting things both ways. They are supposed to be complex characters that do shitty things but they never get called out on it. Instead, they are instantly forgiven by the rest of the characters and things get forgotten about and push aside for whatever the showrunners want to "explore" next. Which really, in my opinion, make them anymore complex and they were in Season 1. The only real things that have changed is the number of things they - most likely- helped to cause happened to them and to their wider world. Not to mention that IMO, they have written themselves out of the MCU with the Inhuman Panic and just never really stopped). Granted, it seemed in Season 2 that they were improving Skye-Daisy but in Season 3 the characters had a name changed and took 3 steps back to where she started, IMO. Overall, it still doesn't really fully explore any complex relationships/feelings (and it has to be popular for the fans and for the writers- if not then, IMO, it gets killed in its tracks and just suddenly ends and gets swept under the rug) but instead replaces it with "dark and gritty" choices that these characters end up doing and for some reason some of them just boggles my mind. Take Mace, why was everyone acting like pricks to him? The entire season was like that and they still had Mace be a better character (and I would say more interesting) than the main cast. 

I would say that Ruby, Hale, and possibly Yo-Yo and Deke are will all (probably) end up dead by the end of the season. Ruby and Hale seem like goners since they are the villains and they will probably die before the end of the season. Yo-Yo will probably die by Simmons carelessness and Deke (I am hoping) will just cease to exist. 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 3
On 4/9/2018 at 10:59 PM, TVSpectator said:

Personally, my theory is that the show is focusing on ships because of them trying for ratings and in my opinion, they do use at least Fitz/Simmons relationship for rating purposes (at least by trying to draw in the "oh, no what else would happen to them?". At this point, in my opinion, it's probably better to just write them off the show have them be forgotten.  

But getting back to the May/Coulson relationship- from watching the older episodes on Netflix and watching Season 3 live, and watching Season 4 like a few days after the episodes aired- the impression that I got was that they were close friends but never longing to be lovers  (same with Fitz and Simmons in most of Season 1) but by late Season 4 it became, "I LOVE MAY!". It really does throw (at least for me) Coulson's old flames out of the window because each time it's supposed to be an "another love lost because of his job and she could've been the one...." type deal, IMO. As with May, her and Andrew were the typical tragic couple, IMO. They got married, were ready to start a family, but the events of Melinda happened and May shut herself down emotionally, which lead to a divorce, and then when they met again (and trying to restart their relationship) Andrew became Lash, Lash died, and May was over-looking his dead body in the Playground's hanger bay. In my opinion, it was handled much better than the way they handled  Will's and Trip's death, but it was also supposed to be a moment for May mourning for Andrew/Lash more or less and also a way to close out that relationship. Granted not many of those other relationships get that moment on this show, IMO. There was a thing going on with Trip and Simmons and that never got played out. Instead Trip died pretty suddenly, everyone had a drink in his honor and they moved on, etc....

As with the show improving, I would say no it's not really improving. What I believe is going on is that they are just making all of the ships more or less show canon and that is way a lot of people are liking it. I still see many problems that the show had in Season 1 in Season 4 (the biggest, IMO, is the show wanting things both ways. They are supposed to be complex characters that do shitty things but they never get called out on it. Instead, they are instantly forgiven by the rest of the characters and things get forgotten about and push aside for whatever the showrunners want to "explore" next. Which really, in my opinion, make them anymore complex and they were in Season 1. The only real things that have changed is the number of things they - most likely- helped to cause happened to them and to their wider world. Not to mention that IMO, they have written themselves out of the MCU with the Inhuman Panic and just never really stopped). Granted, it seemed in Season 2 that they were improving Skye-Daisy but in Season 3 the characters had a name changed and took 3 steps back to where she started, IMO. Overall, it still doesn't really fully explore any complex relationships/feelings (and it has to be popular for the fans and for the writers- if not then, IMO, it gets killed in its tracks and just suddenly ends and gets swept under the rug) but instead replaces it with "dark and gritty" choices that these characters end up doing and for some reason some of them just boggles my mind. Take Mace, why was everyone acting like pricks to him? The entire season was like that and they still had Mace be a better character (and I would say more interesting) than the main cast. 

I would say that Ruby, Hale, and possibly Yo-Yo and Deke are will all (probably) end up dead by the end of the season. Ruby and Hale seem like goners since they are the villains and they will probably die before the end of the season. Yo-Yo will probably die by Simmons carelessness and Deke (I am hoping) will just cease to exist. 

pretty sure I saw this type of speculation about Fitz a few months back about not coming back from the future and look how that turn it out hehe

Sooo, are we thinking they wiped out the Time Loop? Or is it still in motion? Robin said the World was going to be destroyed soon, but if Ruby was killed, was she the real Destroyer of Worlds so its done? Or does Fitz’s theory of time mean that the World is still going to bust open even though Ruby was killed? Coulson still has to die (according to future YoYo). Deke showed Daisy footage of her running in somewhere wearing her Quake outfit. She was by herself. 

Ugh, I hate loops. And Fitz’s theory is looming large.

1 hour ago, SnoGirl said:

Sooo, are we thinking they wiped out the Time Loop? Or is it still in motion? Robin said the World was going to be destroyed soon, but if Ruby was killed, was she the real Destroyer of Worlds so its done? Or does Fitz’s theory of time mean that the World is still going to bust open even though Ruby was killed? Coulson still has to die (according to future YoYo). Deke showed Daisy footage of her running in somewhere wearing her Quake outfit. She was by herself. 

Ugh, I hate loops. And Fitz’s theory is looming large.

No, i not yet. I am thinking that the loop is still running and they are going with an alien invasion separate from the one the Avengers will face on screen next week. We are moving towards my fantasy series finale that after S.H.I.E.L.D. saves the world in secret they look up in the New York sky and see Spider-Man on the Stargate as we saw on the Infinity War trailers.

One week out from Avengers 3 my big picture, the long game in current Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. speak  speculation. The Confederacy is indeed an anti Thanos coalition as they know what the comic's reader does about his goals and motivations. Given the the long game Earth is expendable to the Confederation.

First SHIELD saves the day the Earth is not destroyed due to the actions on TV as the season/series finale ends. However Thanos comes down right on the heels S.H.I.E.L..D.'s triumpant moment.

In Avengers 3 Infinity War we see what happens in New York and Wakanda along with the arrival of The Guardians of The Galaxy and Thor. Captain America falls at the end acting as a rear guard for something in Wakanda, what could that be? . I hope they refrain from putting either Bucky Barnes or Sam Wilson in the American flag for Avengers 4 but who knows. I haven't noticed Hawkeye or Drax, who dreams of taking out Thanos  in the promotional run up so they might have an emotinally important role also.

Ant-Man and The Wasp return from their mission to find the world in turmoil from the second alien invasion. Meanwhile we get the origin of Captain Marvel and she heads towards earth as the three get ready for Avengers 4 with the Guardians, Wakandan and Avenger survivors.

44 minutes ago, Raja said:

One week out from Avengers 3 my big picture, the long game in current Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. speak  speculation. The Confederacy is indeed an anti Thanos coalition as they know what the comic's reader does about his goals and motivations. Given the the long game Earth is expendable to the Confederation.

First SHIELD saves the day the Earth is not destroyed due to the actions on TV as the season/series finale ends. However Thanos comes down right on the heels S.H.I.E.L..D.'s triumpant moment.

In Avengers 3 Infinity War we see what happens in New York and Wakanda along with the arrival of The Guardians of The Galaxy and Thor. Captain America falls at the end acting as a rear guard for something in Wakanda, what could that be? . I hope they refrain from putting either Bucky Barnes or Sam Wilson in the American flag for Avengers 4 but who knows. I haven't noticed Hawkeye or Drax, who dreams of taking out Thanos  in the promotional run up so they might have an emotinally important role also.

Ant-Man and The Wasp return from their mission to find the world in turmoil from the second alien invasion. Meanwhile we get the origin of Captain Marvel and she heads towards earth as the three get ready for Avengers 4 with the Guardians, Wakandan and Avenger survivors.

Yeah, it could be that they end up changing the future and then Thanos happens BUT it will also (at least to me) states that the entire show wasn't set in the MCU's Earth-199999 universe. Because for that to happen you are going to have to assume that Thanos attacking the Earth is another timeline and not just another event for it to happen. Although, maybe the entire end game is that Thanos was the one that clearly destroyed the Earth and the Confederacy just did a small detail clean-up (in a military sense) and/or just took Earth for themselves and clearly wanted to destroy human culture and history along with the planet?

• Love 1

Okay, with only 3 episodes left this season, does anyone think that Coulson is actually going to die in the finale? I'm really torn because it makes sense from a storytelling perspective, but the writers thus far have really avoided shaking up the main cast that much. Even after the Ward is Hydra reveal, he hung around the show way too long. So it seems unlikely that they would make the bold move of killing off the lead character. However, they also really are building towards this idea of "Coulson must die." Interestingly, his character is seemingly okay with it, and it's May and Daisy who are going to extreme lengths to save him. I could see this as leading to Daisy having a realization that "the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few ... or the one" moment and letting him die. Or I could also see the writers pulling some deus ex machina stuff and having Coulson magically cured so they can revert back to the status quo. Thoughts?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Raja said:

Jaiying's grave says to me a non fatal transition for Phil.

Maybe Daisy is going to use her Mom's powers to save Coulson. Sort of like how Whitehall was able to do "de-age" himself because he put some of Jaiying's organs into himself? Maybe Daisy is going to do the same thing as a possible solution to save Coulson?

2 hours ago, kitlee625 said:

Okay, with only 3 episodes left this season, does anyone think that Coulson is actually going to die in the finale? I'm really torn because it makes sense from a storytelling perspective, but the writers thus far have really avoided shaking up the main cast that much. Even after the Ward is Hydra reveal, he hung around the show way too long. So it seems unlikely that they would make the bold move of killing off the lead character. However, they also really are building towards this idea of "Coulson must die." Interestingly, his character is seemingly okay with it, and it's May and Daisy who are going to extreme lengths to save him. I could see this as leading to Daisy having a realization that "the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few ... or the one" moment and letting him die. Or I could also see the writers pulling some deus ex machina stuff and having Coulson magically cured so they can revert back to the status quo. Thoughts?

Honestly, no. I really don't think that they will have Coulson dying. This show does love cop-outs so I won't be surprised that it will be another cop-out death (like watching "Simmons" getting stab but it turns out that it was her LMD- that we didn't know exist before that....). If I had to guess I won't be surprised if Ghost Rider shows up (for last minute rating grabs) and somehow "cures" Coulson if all else fails. I also doubt that they will actually allow the world to be destroyed and/or aliens to come down as well. There has to be some kind of deus ex machina thing going to happen that will prevent the world ending. Like somehow (and I won't be surprised) that Thanos shows up and Infinity War happens. Everything just stops and that is how things get resolved. 

2 hours ago, kitlee625 said:

Okay, with only 3 episodes left this season, does anyone think that Coulson is actually going to die in the finale?

I'm going to fudge my answer. If TPTB knew either before or early in the season that this would be the last, then I could see them killing off Coulson. His grand sacrifice to save humanity. It's something he would do. But, if they always believed there was a chance that they could be back next year, then either Coulson will somehow survive (using Jaiying's super secret bodily fluids or whatever allowed her to survive so long), or, maybe they will "kill him off," which would work if this was the last season (see above), but, if they get renewed, they magically bring him back at the start of next year. 

• Love 2

I really thought they were going to Ghost Rider Coulson. Now I’m not sure. I think they might actually kill Coulson. I can’t imagine them breaking up FitzSimmons, and I’ll be bummed if they break up Mack and Elena. Since Coulson and May have barely even scratched the surface of a relationship, I’m guessing maybe they will kill him off.

Okay, with 1 episode to go this season, I'm ready to revise my prediction. Coulson's not dead, but he's not quite alive, and do think that he's going to miraculously survive. It does seem like someone is going to die. It may just be Talbot, but if a SHIELD/SHIELD-affiliated person dies, I think it's going to be either Elena or Deke. Elena has been isolated from the others lately, and still is very focused on how she can save the world. I could see a "sacrifice myself for the greater good" move from her because she's so desperate to save the world. Deke could also do it in a "I did it for lemons" way. Thoughts?

• Love 2

The big thing I see happening is the Snap from Infinity War. I can see maybe someone dying elsewhere (probably Deke or Elena), but I think for the last minute cliff hanger, half the cast turns to dust. Probably just as Coulson has been saved, and they've stopped Talbot from ripping the world apart. It lines up with the timeline, as we saw New York being attacked on TV in the background last night, and if the last episode is later that day, or the day after, it would make sense. It seems inevitable at this point. Not sure where that leaves next season though. I guess it depends on what happens with the Avengers crew.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, kitlee625 said:

Okay, with 1 episode to go this season, I'm ready to revise my prediction. Coulson's not dead, but he's not quite alive, and do think that he's going to miraculously survive. It does seem like someone is going to die. It may just be Talbot, but if a SHIELD/SHIELD-affiliated person dies, I think it's going to be either Elena or Deke. Elena has been isolated from the others lately, and still is very focused on how she can save the world. I could see a "sacrifice myself for the greater good" move from her because she's so desperate to save the world. Deke could also do it in a "I did it for lemons" way. Thoughts?

Personally, I don't think they will have Coulson die either and by the end of the next episode, there will be a deus ex machina that will somehow save him and the world. Or Coulson comes back with the SoV and he is now Ghost Rider- because it's AoS and I won't be too surprised that they will bring back Clark Gregg. There is nothing wrong with Clark Gregg it's just- IF Coulson actually does die then I can see them bringing him back because, they like Clark Gregg- the same thing happened with Brent Dalton when they killed off Ward. Also,  Captain Marvel is going to be coming out in March and they are probably wanting to tie-in with that movie in a big way with Coulson. Also, I think having Talbot be the big bad at the end (and most likely he is the one that will die) is a big mistake since they are making Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) have a US Air Force background and Talbot is the only one who is AoS' Air Force connection. Unless they somehow retcon Coulson as being in the Air Force with Carol I just don't see how they can do it without looking dumb, IMO. 

3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

The big thing I see happening is the Snap from Infinity War. I can see maybe someone dying elsewhere (probably Deke or Elena), but I think for the last minute cliff hanger, half the cast turns to dust. Probably just as Coulson has been saved, and they've stopped Talbot from ripping the world apart. It lines up with the timeline, as we saw New York being attacked on TV in the background last night, and if the last episode is later that day, or the day after, it would make sense. It seems inevitable at this point. Not sure where that leaves next season though. I guess it depends on what happens with the Avengers crew.

Spoiler

The thing is I doubt that they had time enough to actually incorporate the Snap but if they do here are the list of the current characters that they maybe can use. The bolded ones are the ones that I think have the most likely chance of being dusted while the italicised ones are a toss up for me. The rest are just there witnessing it:

Coulson- just speculation but maybe this is how they solve the issue of Coulson being alive on the show but the movies never mentioning him and also a way to write up his disease storyline?

Daisy

May 
Mack- Possible but I feel like the writers will just use him losing Elena and Cain as their go-to gut punch for the character. 

Elena/Yo-Yo- again, all seers die on the show. I won't be surprised if she is the one to bite the dust here. 

Fitz- possible since Deke makes it sound a bit like his mother lost her father before her mother. 

Simmons- I think that she is a toss-up because of the way the writers always write that somehow Simmons and Fitz get separated from each other. 

Robbie

Talbot/Grivitron- since he is the unstoppable bad guy here it's more than likely that they will use the Snap as a deus ex machina to save the day but his disappearance may also be what caused the world to blow up. 

Deke- he is so useless on the show and he doesn't do anything either. At best this "romance of the lemons" is just the writer's way of trying to make him look like he has some purposed but all of Daisy's love interests on this show either ends up dead (Lincoln) or turns out to be a bad guy (Miles, Ward). So since they are not hinting at his evilness (and ingoring the whole "slavery" issue) and are trying to make it look like he is SHIELD's ally then being dusted is what is waiting for him, IMO. 

Robin- all seers on this show always end up dead. Raina died as soon as she gains the ability to see into the future. Charles was the next one and he died. They already did kill off Robin in the future, as an old woman, but I can see them writing out her as a child so they don't need to worry about Daisy or someone else always running to her to see if she saw any way out of whatever future problems they have. 

Robin's Mother

Bobbi- Possibly a way to address why she hasn't appeared lately on the show. 

Hunter- possibly a way to address why he hasn't appeared lately on the show

Piper-  she is a toss-up, IMO

Davis
Deatlok

Taryan- the Snap can be a deus ex machina for the show to wrap up the alien invasion storyline. Same with Qovas. 

Qovas- see Taryan for my reasoning.

Caine - an old friend of Mack's that is quite possibly just there to die. 

A bunch of faceless redshirts that no one will give two shits about.

Overall, it's even possible that they won't show the Snap-on TV but instead just have characters mentioned it's happening and everyone else just runs to the other character's location and there is no one there. OR they won't have a Snap because I feel like the showrunners clearly didn't know how or what Infinity War will end by the time they wrote the episode. They may save it for the stinger but I doubt they had enough time to find a smooth way to incorporate it into the show. 

(edited)
29 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

Personally, I don't think they will have Coulson die either and by the end of the next episode, there will be a deus ex machina that will somehow save him and the world. Or Coulson comes back with the SoV and he is now Ghost Rider- because it's AoS and I won't be too surprised that they will bring back Clark Gregg. There is nothing wrong with Clark Gregg it's just- IF Coulson actually does die then I can see them bringing him back because, they like Clark Gregg- the same thing happened with Brent Dalton when they killed off Ward. Also,  Captain Marvel is going to be coming out in March and they are probably wanting to tie-in with that movie in a big way with Coulson. Also, I think having Talbot be the big bad at the end (and most likely he is the one that will die) is a big mistake since they are making Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) have a US Air Force background and Talbot is the only one who is AoS' Air Force connection. Unless they somehow retcon Coulson as being in the Air Force with Carol I just don't see how they can do it without looking dumb, IMO. 

Reveal hidden contents

The thing is I doubt that they had time enough to actually incorporate the Snap but if they do here are the list of the current characters that they maybe can use. The bolded ones are the ones that I think have the most likely chance of being dusted while the italicised ones are a toss up for me. The rest are just there witnessing it:

Coulson- just speculation but maybe this is how they solve the issue of Coulson being alive on the show but the movies never mentioning him and also a way to write up his disease storyline?

Daisy

May 
Mack- Possible but I feel like the writers will just use him losing Elena and Cain as their go-to gut punch for the character. 

Elena/Yo-Yo- again, all seers die on the show. I won't be surprised if she is the one to bite the dust here. 

Fitz- possible since Deke makes it sound a bit like his mother lost her father before her mother. 

Simmons- I think that she is a toss-up because of the way the writers always write that somehow Simmons and Fitz get separated from each other. 

Robbie

Talbot/Grivitron- since he is the unstoppable bad guy here it's more than likely that they will use the Snap as a deus ex machina to save the day but his disappearance may also be what caused the world to blow up. 

Deke- he is so useless on the show and he doesn't do anything either. At best this "romance of the lemons" is just the writer's way of trying to make him look like he has some purposed but all of Daisy's love interests on this show either ends up dead (Lincoln) or turns out to be a bad guy (Miles, Ward). So since they are not hinting at his evilness (and ingoring the whole "slavery" issue) and are trying to make it look like he is SHIELD's ally then being dusted is what is waiting for him, IMO. 

Robin- all seers on this show always end up dead. Raina died as soon as she gains the ability to see into the future. Charles was the next one and he died. They already did kill off Robin in the future, as an old woman, but I can see them writing out her as a child so they don't need to worry about Daisy or someone else always running to her to see if she saw any way out of whatever future problems they have. 

Robin's Mother

Bobbi- Possibly a way to address why she hasn't appeared lately on the show. 

Hunter- possibly a way to address why he hasn't appeared lately on the show

Piper-  she is a toss-up, IMO

Davis
Deatlok

Taryan- the Snap can be a deus ex machina for the show to wrap up the alien invasion storyline. Same with Qovas. 

Qovas- see Taryan for my reasoning.

Caine - an old friend of Mack's that is quite possibly just there to die. 

A bunch of faceless redshirts that no one will give two shits about.

Overall, it's even possible that they won't show the Snap-on TV but instead just have characters mentioned it's happening and everyone else just runs to the other character's location and there is no one there. OR they won't have a Snap because I feel like the showrunners clearly didn't know how or what Infinity War will end by the time they wrote the episode. They may save it for the stinger but I doubt they had enough time to find a smooth way to incorporate it into the show. 

unlike War Machine and Falcon being USAF I don't think someone going intergalactic for a soldier's lifetime  means a USAF would be any more significant than any terrain connection.

My guess for Coulson is another Deathlok, Mr Peterson being the most famous one with a scared face, rather than the Ghost Rider jumping to him for a second time 

Edited by Raja
fighting the auto fill
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Raja said:

unlike War Machine and Falcon being USAF I don't think someone going intergalactic for a soldier's lifetime  means a USAF would be any more significant than anticipated terrain connection.

My guess for Coulson is another Deathlok, Mr Peterson being the most famous one with a scared face, rather than the Ghost Rider jumping to him for a second time 

The Deathlok idea does sound plausible and they are bringing back the Centipede formula. The only reason I brought up the SoV was that they are going to find a way to somehow kept Coulson around and IF they do kill off Coulson (which I don't believe they have the guts to actually kill him off) then they will find a way to keep Clark Gregg around. 

The speculation on season 6 is started to firm up. One guy I am following is saying that AoS is doing a riff on the Incursion story and Sarge is leading a team of Mapmakers. Meanwhile in space a Time variance Authority would be the big boss.

1 hour ago, Raja said:

The speculation on season 6 is started to firm up. One guy I am following is saying that AoS is doing a riff on the Incursion story and Sarge is leading a team of Mapmakers. Meanwhile in space a Time variance Authority would be the big boss.

Wouldn't the movies take the incursion story though? I remember a few years ago that ABC announced a Damage Control show (it was going to be a 30-min comedy) and then it was quickly pulled and we got Damage Control in Homecoming. I am only asking because it seems that stories as big as the incursion and even secret invasion are more movie level than TV show level. 

I guess you can look at it like MODOK Superior versus the original MODOK or the S.H.I.E.L.D version of the terragen bomb creating Nuhumans. It is on TV until someone decides that they can get to it on a 3 movies and year schedule 

(edited)
10 hours ago, Raja said:

I guess you can look at it like MODOK Superior versus the original MODOK or the S.H.I.E.L.D version of the terragen bomb creating Nuhumans. It is on TV until someone decides that they can get to it on a 3 movies and year schedule 

The Inhumans stuff was removed from the movie schedule long before the Terragen bomb story with Hive in Season 3 (which never went off on the show because they stop that-without calling in an actual Avenger and/or reporting that to a high ranking general other than Talbot. Instead, they replaced that with the whole, Fish Oil thing). They also didn't do MODOK but instead did the Superior. They didn't do MODOK in Season 4. The Movies have first dibs on characters and concepts even with characters the TV side may want to use. TV shows get the crumbs left behind, even during the time period when they were supposedly talking to each other. 

Also, there is a massive public pressure, in my opinion, to do an Incursion and Secret Invasion stories in the movies. Not only that but you have to have the budget (like millions of dollars) to get the CG just right, you have to have at least one magic user (i.e. Dr. Strange) and also someone on the science level of Bruce and Tony or even (to add another character that Marvel just got back)  Reed Richards (which I would say Fitz and Simmons are nowhere close to that level), etc....

Edit:

Also, with the Incursion Story, it would also be better in the movies because we all know that the TV show won't destroy the universe and/or Earth. They played this story out so many times on the show that I think they may not know any other stories to do. Netflix's Daredevil (RIP) had better storytelling and the Earth/Universe was never in danger during the 3 seasons they were aired. All the other Marvel Netflix shows are the same. They just focused on smaller smarter stories than saying that the world will end/be taken over. Just one city was threatened, New York City, was in danger of total destruction but that was it. 

If AoS does go into the Incursion story, I guess they decided to ramp up the stupidity more by saying that the universe is now at risk if they do the Incursion Story. We know that the universe won't be destroyed and even if they try to destroy the universe it has to be set back right because in 5-6 years we get Endgame. 

2nd Edit:

fixed some grammar issues.

Edited by TVSpectator

Here is my second half season  speculation. Remembering that Enoch had said that Chronicons can mimic humans in function. When Deke stabbed Sarge through the hand, while Sarge was temporarily stopped he was not disabled, and I can not remember any side effects the next day with Snowflake and May.  To jump franchises Sarge is a Chronicon like a skinjob Cylon sleeper of NuBSG which didn’t know what they were. He is trying to stop extinction level events to other societies and like Atarah, the leader of Chronicon refugees his team doesn’t care a bit about collateral damage.

To make an additional jump like Cameron in the Sarah Connor Chronicles, Sarge is based on a real person so the reason becomes why and how was it Coulson as a chosen model.

• Love 2

Sarge is a post TAHITI and pre diviner Coulson. Bold action taking Enoch had already grabbed the team once, or many times in the Lighthouse loop to send them to a time monolith so there is nothing that would have stopped him from setting Coulson on a different loop trying to get it right in a 14 million to 1 long shot.

6 hours ago, paigow said:

Killing Hitler in 1931 would prevent the Nazis from funding HYDRA to begin with. Then the team would have to save Hitler...

Suppose that in the missing Agent Carter seasons the S.S.R. being mostly US based on her show was about to be disestablished when some Lieutenants of the Malick headed wing of Hydra, not known as "Hydra" but some other name of course, were discovered and S.H.I.E.L.D. history reads that is who they were reconstituted to combat.

On 6/18/2019 at 7:51 AM, Raja said:

Here is my second half season  speculation. Remembering that Enoch had said that Chronicons can mimic humans in function. When Deke stabbed Sarge through the hand, while Sarge was temporarily stopped he was not disabled, and I can not remember any side effects the next day with Snowflake and May.  To jump franchises Sarge is a Chronicon like a skinjob Cylon sleeper of NuBSG which didn’t know what they were. He is trying to stop extinction level events to other societies and like Atarah, the leader of Chronicon refugees his team doesn’t care a bit about collateral damage.

To make an additional jump like Cameron in the Sarah Connor Chronicles, Sarge is based on a real person so the reason becomes why and how was it Coulson as a chosen model.

It looks like I was a season early with that speculation. But then I still believe that they just stretched the season 6 story when the order for season 7 came down. 

31 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Not a spoiler so the speculation goes here:  I wonder if Fitz and Simmons are now like Coulson- a bit LMD, a bit chronicom with their personalities.  I can't see how they worked out all the science in a few paltry years.  

The theory is that they went many years into the future before going back like Skynet in The Terminator 

• Love 1

With the hints of Chief Sousa staying behind in the 70's and the near parallel life to Steve Rogers I think it is possible that he makes an inspirational speech  in an attempt to gain allies to fight the 1976 Project Insight

If Daisy is put on the operation table to transfer her abilities, it would be great if Fitz turns up to rescue her. Not just because I miss Fitz, but because it would be a nice reversal of what he did in season five.

• Love 2

With all the speculation that Chief Sousa ends up a NYPD uniformed cop, or pretending to be on at the Battle of New York what if the endgame is for LMD Coulson to engage Loki?

I doubt that they can afford Loki...but it would be really fun if they actually were allowed to use footage from the Battle of New York and maybe even Endgame. (In my head-canon one of the ships turning up belongs to the Agents).

Ward, Will, Deadlock and Flint are currently on the top of my list of characters I would love to see...and there is still the unsolved mystery of a certain Inhuman on the bottom of the see.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, swanpride said:

I doubt that they can afford Loki...but it would be really fun if they actually were allowed to use footage from the Battle of New York and maybe even Endgame. (In my head-canon one of the ships turning up belongs to the Agents).

Ward, Will, Deadlock and Flint are currently on the top of my list of characters I would love to see...and there is still the unsolved mystery of a certain Inhuman on the bottom of the see.

I would treat real Coulson just as we did Chief Sousa at the hotel, just let the LMD replace him on the way to the end and let the superfan make their own conclusion. While not as satisfying as the season 5 finale I doubt if they can match that perfect finish.

At the top of my one last time list are Andrew/Lash and General Talbot. Assuming Malick has a superset of Inhuman powers I would like to see a team up to force him into the monolith to Maveth. Second tier would be Agent Piper and Flint, but I am still assuming they are guarding Fitz and we will see them for sure.

• Love 1

I know it won’t happen because I can’t have nice things, but I wish Deke and Daisy would get together because I thought they had chemistry when they first met up- and then the writers turned him into the comic relief punching bag.  

Also, I’d love it because Fitz dealing with his grandson dating his close friend would be hilarious. 

Nah, Daisy/Deke never worked for me. Like both, don't like them together. Plus, I don't think that Daisy was ready for a relationship yet. Remember, it had been barely a year since Lincoln died when she encountered Deke, and she is still feeling heavy guilt over it.

• Love 1

Well it looks like part Independence Day especially after LMD Coulson discovering his computer skills in the previous episode.  The quake showdown commences. I sure hope that Daisy is able to push Malick through a monolith to Maveth.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Raja said:

I sure hope that Daisy is able to push Malick through a monolith to Maveth.

Oh, I love that idea! Too bad he'll probably just die a regular death instead.

I kind of want for Cora to blast a great big hole through him. That would be fitting.

9 hours ago, Llywela said:

Oh, I love that idea! Too bad he'll probably just die a regular death instead.

I kind of want for Cora to blast a great big hole through him. That would be fitting.

I wish it were mine someone else came up with it weeks ago. Kora must surely be playing the long game to avenge Jaiying, if not she is all over the map emotionally.