Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Doghouse

It has been rescheduled so it is a GO, posted on Facebook

Thank you so much for posting this nitroblue!  As soon as I saw your post I scrambled over to the Villalobos FB page.  At first I was taken aback because the venue they rescheduled to is a much further drive for me ( 5 hour drive) but it didn’t take me long to conclude she is one of the very few people I’d drive that far to see. I actually don’t think I’d drive that far too see any of my favorite bands nor any “celebrities” .... but her ? Definitely Yes! I’m gonna get myself a hotel that evening after the event-so I won’t have to drive all that way back home ... 

I’m so excited!!!!!! 

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 2

I got to meet Tia at the event yesterday in Starke, FL! 

She really is more amazing in person. I’m definitely not the type to get star stuck but I definitely was for her LOL

She talked about the rescue for about an hour; did about an hour & half Q&A; then did the “meet & greet”.  Mariah, Kahnani & M2 were there as well as Parolees Troy & Richard.

Tia is more animated, fun & down to earth than I imagined she would be.

The kids are very sweet; especially Mariah,as I confided to her I was nervous to meet everyone especially her Mom... she waved it off with “ pffft” and said “ so are we, no big deal” 

I am happy I was able to tell Tia she was my hero & she was humble, gracious & asked about my lab rescue shirt :) 

During her talk she had many, fascinating stories.

Ugh,I hate posting pics of myself but I have to post this here. It means so much to me & I don’t have personal friends ( except my hubby) who understand let alone know who she even is!

ETA

I wore  my sunglasses on my head on purpose in “Tia style” so we’d match. LOL 

E9B3735C-2E13-4856-A049-60AED1665552.jpeg

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, jnymph said:

She really is more amazing in person. I’m definitely not the type to get star stuck but I definitely was for her LOL

She talked about the rescue for about an hour; did about an hour & half Q&A; then did the “meet & greet”.  Mariah, Kahnani & M2 were there as well as Parolees Troy & Richard.

The kids are very sweet; especially Mariah,as I confided to her I was nervous to meet everyone especially her Mom... she waved it off with “ pffft” and said “ so are we, no big deal” 

I am happy I was able to tell Tia she was my hero & she was humble, gracious & asked about my lab rescue shirt :) 

Ugh,I hate posting pics of myself but I have to post this here. It means so much to me & I don’t have personal friends ( except my hubby) who understand let alone know who she even is!

ETA

That's so cool!  Man, Tia isn't looking well, I hope she's ok. 

If your shirt says "You can't buy love, but you can rescue it" I have the same one in purple. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Maharincess said:

That's so cool!  Man, Tia isn't looking well, I hope she's ok. 

If your shirt says "You can't buy love, but you can rescue it" I have the same one in purple. 

Yes !  That's the same shirt. : )  

It doesn't show in this picture, but she did look healthier/better in person.  (well, IMO.) 
Also she said she did not get much sleep the night prior, as they had got to the hotel late due to problems with their RV.    

• Love 2
22 hours ago, jnymph said:

I wore  my sunglasses on my head on purpose in “Tia style” so we’d match.

Ha ha!  You two really do match in that picture.  I'm glad you had such a nice time; it was clear how excited you were for it.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, jnymph said:

Yes !  That's the same shirt. : )  

It doesn't show in this picture, but she did look healthier/better in person.  (well, IMO.) 
Also she said she did not get much sleep the night prior, as they had got to the hotel late due to problems with their RV.    

It's a great shirt. Mine is so worn out that I just ordered another one. I'm happy to hear that Tia is looking healthy in person. 

• Love 1

I dont know where to post this so I'm here. I'd promised my pet sitting client that I would be there if and when the time came to euthanize her pet because I love her pet like any other animal...deeply and infinitely. So that day came today. My client couldnt (emotionally/psychologically) be in the room for the euthanasia. I kept my promise and gave Sophie kisses and love as she made her journey to another place. I'm a mess. And i dont really care if i posted in the wrong thread, the wrong forum. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I dont know where to post this so I'm here. I'd promised my pet sitting client that I would be there if and when the time came to euthanize her pet because I love her pet like any other animal...deeply and infinitely. So that day came today. My client couldnt (emotionally/psychologically) be in the room for the euthanasia. I kept my promise and gave Sophie kisses and love as she made her journey to another place. I'm a mess. And i dont really care if i posted in the wrong thread, the wrong forum. 

Bless you for being with Sophie as she made her journey. It's one of the hardest things I've ever done, so I can understand why your client couldn't be in the room.  We had to let go of two of ours(kitties) within 2 weeks of each other. One was expected and one was sudden. 

• Love 3
Just now, CJKing said:

Bless you for being with Sophie as she made her journey. It's one of the hardest things I've ever done, so I can understand why your client couldn't be in the room.  We had to let go of two of ours(kitties) within 2 weeks of each other. One was expected and one was sudden. 

Thanks for your kind words and i'm sorry for your losses. That's a lot more to deal with (2 kitties in 2 weeks) . Hope you are getting through this sad time with faith that we'll see them again when OUR journey arrives.  

• Love 4

Thanks for your kind words and i'm sorry for your losses. That's a lot more to deal with (2 kitties in 2 weeks) . Hope you are getting through this sad time with faith that we'll see them again when OUR journey arrives.  

Thank you

• Love 2
18 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Awww bless your heart for being there with Sophie.  I'm sure you made her journey easier and peaceful.    

15 hours ago, CJKing said:

I'm so sorry for your loss, CJKING : ( 

• Love 5

God bless you chenoa333 for being Sohpie’s angel. It is such a hard thing to do, but I wouldn’t ever do what you had to do without being in the room with them. She crossed with love. I am so sorry. My heartfelt condolences CJKing on your heartbreaking loss also.

Edited by Happy Belly
Needed to add my last line.
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Happy Belly said:

God bless you chenoa333 for being Sohpie’s angel. It is such a hard thing to do, but I wouldn’t ever do what you had to do without being in the room with them. She crossed with love. I am so sorry. My heartfelt condolences CJKing on your heartbreaking loss also.

Ditto... only had to do it once, but felt I owed it to my Little Bitty kitty to be there with her.... damn, been 4 years and still tears in my eyes! ?

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 4

I've gone with my friend to have her cats put to sleep, so I know it's hard even when it's not your own pet; my condolences to you, @chenoa333, but I'm glad you were able to do it when the owner couldn't, so Sophie had a familiar, loving presence with her in the end.

And I cannot imagine enduring the double-punch to the heart you went through, @CJKing, having to say good-bye to two cats in two weeks, so my deepest sympathies to you.

• Love 5

So my SO treated me to a trip to NOLA for my b-day and I dragged the whole family along to VRC. We got there just before closing, but we met Tony Conyers and Earl. Both were super high energy, taking pictures and leading the tours. Tony said they are up to 600 dogs now between the sanctuary, Assumption Parish and the NO facility. He told the story of Assumption Parish and how both the initial place as well as the sanctuary came to be. He also shared a lot of information on the craziness that occurs at the facility. Like the tour now only covers less than 1/2 the warehouse because they have had someone slip and fall walking from one part of the building to the other. I didn't go to the tavern, although they definitely encouraged people to go there to purchase merchandise and to make donations. We saw a bunch of dogs from the show, even though there were only 40-50 dogs in the section of the warehouse we were able to see. The place made enough of an impression on the cold dead hearts of my family that they made a donation at the warehouse then went back home and went on line and sent $100 worth of stuff to VRC, so considering none of them watch it (and they make fun of me for watching religiously), I'd say that Tia is doing pretty well.

• Love 7

Thought of the show when I saw this posted in our local Humane Treatment of Animals FB group - poster on our group shared it from Gary Kaufman - who you'll easily find on FB or by googling gary kaufman animal rescue

FB_IMG_1542567564570.jpg

• Love 3
On 11/18/2018 at 2:15 PM, SRTouch said:

Thought of the show when I saw this posted in our local Humane Treatment of Animals FB group - poster on our group shared it from Gary Kaufman - who you'll easily find on FB or by googling gary kaufman animal rescue

FB_IMG_1542567564570.jpg

LOVE THIS 

• Love 2
On 3/11/2018 at 1:50 PM, jnymph said:

ETA

Jnymph you are beautiful. You look like a sexy rocker chic! And how cool you got to meet Tia! I hope you know that all of us animal loving rescue people are here for you on the PT forums. PM me if you ever need a sympathetic heart.

If I didn't live 3000+ miles away from you I would definitely love to hang out with you. Happy holidays to you and your husband and all of your critters!

• Love 4
18 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Hey, @chenoa333 - I've been meaning to ask if you're also watching Amanda to the Rescue on Animal Planet?  She runs a rescue out of her home and specializes in special needs cases, but has a network of rescues she works with.  It's a show I am really loving ... here's the forum :  http://forums.previously.tv/forum/4266-amanda-to-the-rescue/

Haven' watched it yet. But I will. Thanks!

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Haven' watched it yet. But I will. Thanks!

I think you'll enjoy it.  She's a former vet tech, and is really good with the tough cases.  And she has the most incredible 2 legged boxer named Duncan who runs like the wind on his 2 front legs!

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I think you'll enjoy it.  She's a former vet tech, and is really good with the tough cases.  And she has the most incredible 2 legged boxer named Duncan who runs like the wind on his 2 front legs!

Yep, I was kind of hesitant at first - from the commercials/previews I thought she might be over the top, in your face type. Nope, very - VERY - smart, dedicated, and caring (and that describes her family as well). Few minutes into first show I was hooked - now must see TV. Another thing that strikes me about her rescue - she finds these special needs animals, gets treatment and stabilizes them, then finds homes capable of handling their needs... and, along the way finds ways to help other not-so-needy cases.... course, working out of her home she can't physically house the numbers of someplace like Villalobos - but that's not her mission statement. 

Oh, and thanks @walnutqueen for the forum link - didn't realize it was there.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 2
On 12/8/2018 at 5:02 PM, chenoa333 said:

Jnymph you are beautiful. You look like a sexy rocker chic! And how cool you got to meet Tia! I hope you know that all of us animal loving rescue people are here for you on the PT forums. PM me if you ever need a sympathetic heart.

If I didn't live 3000+ miles away from you I would definitely love to hang out with you. Happy holidays to you and your husband and all of your critters!

Awwww thank you CHENOA333,  xoxoxoxo

• Love 2

As a good faith effort to try to pretend to like the Christmas season, and because my niece assures me my hate for Christmas guarantees me a trip to a Hell, I took my dog for a picture with Santa.  Unfortunately, it was a case of hate at first sight between the two.  After a little wrestling between the two, we finally got the job done.  

285D4273-EE3D-4083-A386-ACDD41F341CE.jpeg

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 6
On 12/13/2018 at 6:19 PM, Bronzedog said:

As a good faith effort to try to pretend to like the Christmas season, and because my niece assures me my hate for Christmas guarantees me a trip to a Hell, I took my dog for a picture with Santa.  Unfortunately, it was a case of hate at first sight between the two.  After a little wrestling between the two, we finally got the job done.  

285D4273-EE3D-4083-A386-ACDD41F341CE.jpeg

That is f'n awesome BronzeDog! I love you because I AM a part of the "I hate Christmas and all holidays but mostly Christmas" army. Good to know we're still going strong! 

That Santa is f'n ugly! Lol. Glad the dog stole the "show"!

• Love 3

That is f'n awesome BronzeDog! I love you because I AM a part of the "I hate Christmas and all holidays but mostly Christmas" army. Good to know we're still going strong! 

That Santa is f'n ugly! Lol. Glad the dog stole the "show"!

I eschew all holidays,  but even if I were to dress up as Santa to bring cheer to the little knee-nippers or their keepers, I'd make more of an effort than keeping the hipster glasses and stank face.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I eschew all holidays,  but even if I were to dress up as Santa to bring cheer to the little knee-nippers or their keepers, I'd make more of an effort than keeping the hipster glasses and stank face.

Lol! Good thing I don't have children because I would always be concerned there is a peophile in that Santa outfit!

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Lol! Good thing I don't have children because I would always be concerned there is a peophile in that Santa outfit!

Thanks to a fucked up life and true crime shows, I am liable to find a pervert (or a serial killer) behind every tree (and I grew up in the Pacific NorthWest, so there were some TREES - AND some serial killers!).    :-)

• Love 3

You should also thank Ann Rule for that too, since her early articles for the crime magazines were almost all serial killers in the Pacific Northwest.     Then when she went to full length true crime that made it worse for me.   After reading a lot of her books, I have decided the chief requirement for a serial killer's wife is to be a total idiot.     

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

You should also thank Ann Rule for that too, since her early articles for the crime magazines were almost all serial killers in the Pacific Northwest.     Then when she went to full length true crime that made it worse for me.   After reading a lot of her books, I have decided the chief requirement for a serial killer's wife is to be a total idiot.     

I've no need to thank Ann Rule, since Mansonites paid me a visit, back in the day, in the PNW.  I thank my bikers for saving my sorry ass.  I've been fascinated with true crime ever since.

ETA - how did I ever go off on THIS tangent?  

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

For the first time in - forever - I have a tree - no lights, no tinsel, and decorated with cat toys. Every night my six kitties strip the tree, every morning I gather up the toys and redecorate the tree - yesterday I had to look under the fridge, stove, couch etc to find enough - next year I'm ordering twice as many cheap toys from Chewy... Yeah, they're spoiled - and, yes, I'm easily amused.... 

20181207_130952-640x480.jpg 

Changed picture - first one too big and dark - it shows more cats, but this is better of tree even if there is only one (bad) picture of a cat

Edited by SRTouch
Switched picture
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

For the first time in - forever - I have a tree - no lights, no tinsel, and decorated with cat toys. Every night my six kitties strip the tree, every morning I gather up the toys and redecorate the tree - yesterday I had to look under the fridge, stove, couch etc to find enough - next year I'm ordering twice as many cheap toys from Chewy...? Yeah, they're spoiled - and, yes, I'm easily amused

20181207_232406.jpg

Way back when, I had a tree decorated with much stuff, including some faux red cardinals that had been in the family forever.  So one night we were looking at Da Boy's butt (as one is wont to do if one has cats), and saw something protruding.  My ex grabbed it, and pulled out a very long  faux red cardinal tailfeather.  It has been so many years since that sleek black cat left this life, but he and his butt feather are still the true meaning of Xmas for me.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, walnutqueen said:

Way back when, I had a tree decorated with much stuff, including some faux red cardinals that had been in the family forever.  So one night we were looking at Da Boy's butt (as one is wont to do if one has cats), and saw something protruding.  My ex grabbed it, and pulled out a very long  faux red cardinal tailfeather.  It has been so many years since that sleek black cat left this life, but he and his butt feather are still the true meaning of Xmas for me.  

Yeah, if you have companion animals you have to tailor decorations to keep them safe - and not just Christmas, either.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Yeah, if you have companion animals you have to tailor decorations to keep them safe - and not just Christmas, either.

I gave up "decorating" eons ago.  The naturally occurring cobwebs can look quite festive, if you take off your glasses and squint.  I only Swiffer the ones my cat could possibly reach, and let the rest just go!  :-D

• Love 2
Just now, GussieK said:

Appropriately enough we were also watching an episode of Escape At Dannemora. I don’t think those guys could have been saved by working with dogs!  I love the true crime stories. I know you watch them too, @walnutqueen. Are you watching Dannemora?  I live in NYC, so it was a big story here. 

Hell to the yes I am watching it - and enjoying every sordid minute.  I remember when the real story first broke, and my girlfriend & I were talking about it.  I coined the phrase "suck my dick and bring me tools" and we both laughed like a couple of loons.  :-)

• Love 1