Type keyword(s) to search

The Family: Tia and kids

On 3/4/2018 at 11:57 AM, Teri313 said:

Does anyone know - are Tia and AJ still married? In a recent episode, she was sorting through a huge pile of mail, kind of overwhelmed by it, and then she casually says, "Maybe I'll find my next husband in this pile." And that's when I noticed that she's not wearing a wedding band anymore, and I'm pretty sure she used to. She's such a good person, I really would like to see her happy and not so beat up all the time.

Me too. I once thought that she may have a special friendship with this one guy on the show who was with the sheriff's dept or something like that.  She reached out and he helped them. It looked like they had a nice connection.  I've missed most of the this last season, so, not sure if he's still around. 

How old is Tia? 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Bastet said:

Late 50s.

That's young. I hope she can find happiness again.  The way she described her ex was like life with him was very traumatic.  She certainly loved him, but, it seemed life was very hard, due to his decisions. 

• Love 1
On 3/27/2018 at 11:27 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Me too. I once thought that she may have a special friendship with this one guy on the show who was with the sheriff's dept or something like that.  She reached out and he helped them. It looked like they had a nice connection.  I've missed most of the this last season, so, not sure if he's still around. 

How old is Tia? 

I think I know which guy you're talking about, and here I thought I was the only one that sensed something there !  Yeah, he was definitely law enforcement  & he was rather nice looking (I thought so! )  with grey hair ?  And I'd guess about same age as Tia ?   Seems to me he was sitting next to her at one of their holiday dinners too.   

Tia's 57 (same age as me. Heh.) 

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 2

And when he went back to jail--she said he was sentenced to 15 years and would be out in 8.  I think he was sentenced in late 2009 or 2010 so his parole should be coming up.  I guess we will see.  I know she will not answer questions about him.

• Love 2

When I saw her speak live a few weeks ago, of course, she said she wasn't addressing that issue.   BUT, she did say "Let's just say, I know how to pick 'em"  <- while rolling her eyes.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, jnymph said:

When I saw her speak live a few weeks ago, of course, she said she wasn't addressing that issue.   BUT, she did say "Let's just say, I know how to pick 'em"  <- while rolling her eyes.

I don't blame her at all for wanting to keep things private. For her to say something about knowing how to pick them and rolling her eyes, it does make it seem like they are no longer a couple. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

And when he went back to jail--she said he was sentenced to 15 years and would be out in 8. 

As a "third striker," he's not eligible for early release (via work credits, good behavior, etc.); he has to do the full fifteen years.  And then he'll have to serve his parole period in CA.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, CJKing said:

I don't blame her at all for wanting to keep things private. For her to say something about knowing how to pick them and rolling her eyes, it does make it seem like they are no longer a couple. 

She made him a major storyline for the first season, going so far as to show him in court and spoke to his lawyer on camera. I don't blame people for asking questions now.  Nobody would ask a thing if she hadn't made him such a major part of season 1. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

She made him a major storyline for the first season, going so far as to show him in court and spoke to his lawyer on camera. I don't blame people for asking questions now.  Nobody would ask a thing if she hadn't made him such a major part of season 1. 

I remember that now. I think she also mentioned him and was speaking to him on the phone the first season that they were in New Orleans, but I don't think he was ever mentioned after that. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, blondiek237 said:

I thought he took the plea so not to have it be 3rd strike, but I know very little about jail and all that goes with it.

No, he took the deal to avoid the possibility of a life sentence, which was on the table because it was a third strike.

• Love 3

With all due respect to Tia (whom I absolutely love and respect) she is probably better off without him in her life. She has dedicated her heart, soul and lifetime commitment to pit bull rescue....she doesn't need all of the problems and emotional ups and downs that might come with having a convicted felon/husband in her life. He can move on in life too...he has nothing to lose by meeting another woman. Tia deserves a peaceful, calm life (someday...soon)

• Love 5

So the new season has started and we're two episodes in and no sign of Lizzie (one of the twins' wife) - who was ALL ABOUT camera time and being the face of Villalobos - or Tania and Perry. In the opening credits, there is a photo of the family, and the photo of Tania and Perry doesn't include the baby. In fact, the only family members we've seen so far are Tia, Mariah and Marcel, and M2. Just seems a little strange. What's going on with the missing family members?

• Love 2

I don't care if the babies aren't on the show. I'd actually rather that they weren't. I don't really like putting kids on reality TV. I'm just wondering about the adults. At this point, it looks like Perry is the only one that hasn't been shown this season, and he's the one I'm wondering about. He is a recovering heroin addict, and Tanya was credited for helping him clean up his act. Then they both became anorexic (my opinion), and I really felt like he fell off the wagon and took her with him. So when he's absent, I guess it makes me suspicious. I have some experience with this, so I'm not being judgmental - I'm calling it like I see it. I'm just hoping I'm wrong.

• Love 2

Tanya definitely became very skinny/unhealthy looking. Tia has been looking very worn down too. However, animal rescue does take its toll on people in many ways....physically, emotionally, spiritually and psychologically. Although I wish all of them well, I just hope this show stays on point with their purpose of rescuing animals. I also hope Tia has a plan set in place in the event she passes away. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 5

After I had my first son, I got so sick and tired of the extra weight from pregnancy/nursing that I dieted down to a ridiculously low weight.  I kind of assumed it was the same with Tanya, but now I'm wondering if there's something else with the weight loss.  Hope  not.  On the one hand, life is stressful for all of us, and I can see where it would be tempting to turn to substances to help with that.  Particularly if it's been a problem in the past.  But on the other hand, since she's on television, Tanya might have heard/read comments about her weight and felt pressure to lose those baby pounds too quickly.  Or she was just tired of feeling too heavy.

When Tia fell and injured her leg, she was out of commission for, I think she said, about six months.  The rescue went on pretty much seamlessly in her absence.  Her family seems to be in it for the long haul, and appear to be just as dedicated and hardworking as Tia, so I think there should be no worries about what would happen if she retired or passed away.  I doubt she'll ever fully retire, but watching her in some of those rescue scenes makes me hope she mostly leaves the field work to the younger crowd.      

• Love 2

They also have other businesses they run, and I'm sure that they require full time supervision.    There's the pet gift shop in the French Quarter (I think that's where it is), and there's the tavern too, and I'm sure that some of the family are heavily involved in running and managing the businesses.  

• Love 3

The suspicion is he's taking care of the baby (Salem), and they said that the baby will not be filmed.    I was surprised that Lizzie brought the baby with her, and allowed filming.      After the issues with nutty people bothering them, and the woman who tried to run over Tia, they've really cut back on public events.    I think they are doing limited tours at the rescue, but I'm not sure they're still doing even that after someone tried to sue them for an accident on the premises.     Perry also was one of the people to push the idea of buying the tavern, and I'm sure that needs full time attention too.    

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The suspicion is he's taking care of the baby (Salem), and they said that the baby will not be filmed.    I was surprised that Lizzie brought the baby with her, and allowed filming.      After the issues with nutty people bothering them, and the woman who tried to run over Tia, they've really cut back on public events.    I think they are doing limited tours at the rescue, but I'm not sure they're still doing even that after someone tried to sue them for an accident on the premises.     Perry also was one of the people to push the idea of buying the tavern, and I'm sure that needs full time attention too.    

That's been my hope - that they, Tanya and Perry both,  have chosen to limit his TV exposure and spend his time with the baby and the Tavern... 

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I was surprised that Lizzie brought the baby with her, and allowed filming. 

I'm more surprised with older, easily identifiable kids than with babies, who all look alike.  I suspect we'll see less of the baby as he ages; if Lizzy is breast-feeding, she pretty much has to have him with her all the time, but later she can be more selective.  Then again, people plaster their kids' photos all over social media these days, so if they're of that mindset, it may not bother them to have the kid filmed.  We've seen a fair bit of M2's kid, but nothing that will embarrass him when he's older.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 3

I think there was something said about the babies not being shown this season, and that Lizzy and Tania saying their kids would not be on camera.       People are so crazy these days, I would be terrified to have anyone know anything about the kids.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

I love it, I had two tries, and still got it wrong.     Oh well.    Thanks for the help.    

I didn't realize that was the mid-season finale, but at least the book was announced (it's coming out in January I think).    I wonder if they'll have signed copies available on the rescue website?  

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Lizzy and Tania.

Lol - I went back and changed the spelling twice already, so am just leaving Tania mispelled (and will probably forget the spelling on my next post, anyway)

May have to get a copy of the book just to get the names right 😉

• Love 2