Type keyword(s) to search

Key & Peele - General Discussion

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

This is brilliant. K&P at their best: smart, hilarious and tragic at the same time. I hope this is indicative of what's to come this season. Most of last season made me worry that they were losing the magic.

• Love 2

This is brilliant. K&P at their best: smart, hilarious and tragic at the same time. I hope this is indicative of what's to come this season.

Fantastic. Yes, I agree LADreamr. I hope this is a just a taste of what the new season will be like.

I wonder if K & P wrote the song themselves, or if it was their entire writing staff. The lyrics were amazing. The dancers in the video were great, too.

Here's hoping they don't put Obama & Luther on the sidelines for the rest of the season. Also: fun stuff with racial profiling, airplane justice, and politically correct pirate shanties. Welcome back, K&P.

• Love 1
(edited)

I do, too. But if they have to be in the car, I wish they could make those parts a little longer. Their banter with each other is always good. Even though it's scripted to set up the next sketch, they always make it look relaxed and natural. I'd love to see more of just them.

Edited by LADreamr
  • Love 1

I laughed so hard watching this I scared the cats. They ran like their tails were on fire. The actor that Key and Peele are talking to deserves an Emmy for his brilliant reactions to their OTT actions. How did he keep not just a straight face but was also able to react to them with anything other than failing over laughing?

Off to draxx some sklounst!

(edited)

Both were funny.  I do like the concept of menstruation from a mans point of view, especially when it's poking fun at the typical "EWWW!" we ususall yhear.

My favourite bit on menstruation comes from Cameron Esposito.  Here it Is: The Greatest, Realest and Grossest Period Joke of All Time.  The video on one of the comments is funny/thought provoking as well; I don't know who it is of though.

Edited by fastiller
  • Love 1
"Be sensitive to that shit!" "If you ain't gettin' them shit, get the fuck out they way!" "Do not try to solve it, don't even bring that shit up!" "It's the worst thing ever, all the time!" "Get your bitch some chocolate!" T-Ray and Shaboots's entire presentation is basically wall-to-wall solid advice.

These words should be taught to all young men. Always. Everywhere.

Get me some chocolate.

• Love 3

Anybody else mildly concerned that Key & Peele don't wear seat belts? I know, they're probably not actually driving and riding, but it's a bit annoying.

Anybody ever try to get up when the seat belt light in on? Keegan looked like he was being put through the wringer with all the turbulence.

Great ep. The airplane sketch was hilarious. I think Keegan's fly was even open when he exited the restroom. Loved the menstration sketch. Loved the two men talking in the club about tribes.

I'm confused...I thought the new season starts in September.  Has it already begun (and I'm missed an episode or two)?

Nope, it started back on July 8. I know that Drunk History isn't coming back until September, maybe you saw an article that discussed both and missed the Key & Peele date?

• Love 1

Thanks, stacey.  Looks like I've missed 2 episodes - will have to remember to watch this Wednesday night.  I've been looking at videos that I think are from the new season and it's good to see that K&P are back to their wacko humor.  Whenever Jordan Peele, in character, rolls his eyes back I start laughing because I know something bizarre is on its way.  He really cracks me up.

This was really an instant and timeless classic. Unfortunately for me, I had to learn about periods when I was 10. Thanks, mom who is a nurse. But it became my superpower. I know when friends are on their periods. So I'm on high alert!

I had one gf who I used to pull the "can you not be on your period right now?" Because she used to get furious and horny and then even more furious. It was like she was either going to throw a cleaver at me or have sex. 

I wish they'd ditch the car chats and return to having a small audience.  IMO they were funny when they had the audience (not so in the car...boring!)  Loved the a capella & the flight turbulence skits.  That Jordan Peele can get a real mean eye look when his character is not a happy camper--he cracks me up. 

• Love 2

Not a surprise - this is the final season for the show. I'm sad, but understand, their careers are hopping outside of the show right now...3

Comedian Keegan-Michael Key, co-creator and co-star of the sketch comedy series Key & Peele, says Season 5 of his sketch comedy series will be its last, TVLine has confirmed.

“This is our final season — and it’s not because of Comedy Central, it’s us,” he says. “It was just time for us to explore other things, together and apart. I compare it to Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor. We might make a movie and then do our own thing for three years and then come back and do another movie.”

Not a surprise - this is the final season for the show. I'm sad, but understand, their careers are hopping outside of the show right now...3

What???  Sheesh...I finally find comedians on TV whose skits make me laugh and now they're saying this is their last season together?  IMO, these two need each other to play off of.  Isn't Key the writer?  To me, Peele is the funnier comic actor but if Key's the writer, Peele may end up like Jason Alexander and what's-his-name who played Kramer.  Awwww gee.

No, Jordan's the bigger writer between the two, but Keegan's been getting tons of film work. I'll miss them together. I really hope they do continue to work together, if just sporadically.

I thought the a capella skit was funny, but I didn't realize the improv group was a continuation. So that was really hilarious. That, and I liked the terrorist sketch; "uh, this is a lot of money." It's true. Everyone likes making money.

I've just started watching the 3rd one, and I have to say, Jordan looks mighty sexy with a white beard and hair.  It really suits him.  When he gets old for real, Silver Fox will really apply.

Great timing . . . after Jon Stewart went an entire segment without saying a word on Monday, seeing Peele's barbarian try to draw accolades with a severed head was funny. Also, I wonder how many people were deked out by the car commercial in the "TeachCenter" bit.

Teacher Center was fantastic. And, yes, I was taken in by that BMW commercial. But really, what a great sketch. Makes you wonder why no one did it before.

I loved every sketch in this latest ep. The choir bit was great, and the tribal battle, and the prison guard -- Key was hilarious -- and whatever you called the last bit where Jordan keeps doing that "Okaaaaay," and "Anyway..." stuff. Seems they did something like this before. I don't care. It was good.

I don't think I commented on last week's ep, but I enjoyed that as well. The Beards-4-Kids was great. Everything was great. And I love Meeghan. She's the worst!

• Love 2

I liked it, but I would say this is my least favorite of the season. 

I liked the end of the opening when Key was shamelessly and gleefully taking pics of his genitalia. I liked that the goose's name in that one skit was Honkers. I liked when the one woman said to Peele, "I bet you have a big ol' dick and balls." The name "Stuart Furfle" cracked me up. Of course K&P are great at funny names. And I loved the quick bit when Key took Peele literally and "told it to the widow."

Anybody else mildly concerned that Key & Peele don't wear seat belts? I know, they're probably not actually driving and riding, but it's a bit annoying.

Anybody ever try to get up when the seat belt light in on? Keegan looked like he was being put through the wringer with all the turbulence.

It's a 1966 Buick Wildcat so seat belts only came across the lap during the time period.

• Love 1

Man, finally caught up with s5. It's brilliant.  I think some of their strongest work. Keegan's acting is even better which is hard to believe.

I really want these guys to win the Emmy.  I'll be irrationally upset if they don't.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

I love seeing Jordan as a woman.

The Judge Jessie segment was great. I also liked the randomness of the job interview taking place in the 70's.

Yay for the valets! I love them. One thing they said that I didn't understand was "Artie Square?" I think that's what they were saying, which I assume was a character that Robert Downeys Jr played... or did they say that in Sherlocky Holmes he woke up thinking he was Artie Square? Anyway, I got kind of lost here.