Type keyword(s) to search

Key & Peele - General Discussion

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

The coroner sketch was surprisingly graphic at the end.

I'm hardly a prude but seeing that was probably the first time I thought K&P might have gone too far.  IMO their show is excellent and doesn't need to be descending into that level of desperation.

I was referring to the sketch where Peele plays a guy identifying the body by feel. I think Joimiaroxeu was as well.

Yep. By the time it got to the mutual masturbation I was like, "Really?" IMO there were too many "taboos" going on that scene, maybe one too many.

ETA: And by "taboos" I meant the sexual activity in a morgue, the necrophilia, and the desecration of a corpse by not just one person but two people at the same time. Deviance overload.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

You can find the clip online. It was this Special Episode where one of the characters (Jessie) got hooked on caffeine pills and had a total meltdown. 

Pretty much 99% of people who grew up watching the show will know that scene. It was infamous and now it's notorious because the actor is famous for that and Showgirls. The line delivery is just everything. 

What's funny is, it's not that bad of an episode. Jessie is swamped with tons of school work and activities and can't really cope. 

If Key is the writer of these sketches it might be time for him to hire some assistants.

ICAM. I hate to say it but this show is starting to get the SNL syndrome where sketches go on too long and their endings seem to come from nowhere.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

Oh man when the second I saw they were parodying those hilarious late 80s Crystal Light Aerobic Championship videos on YouTube I was already laughing! Then it takes that dark turn with the director(Clint Howard!) using cue cards telling Key that his wife and daughter were in a car accident but to keep dancing and smiling! I love that they even used the same music(which is now stuck in my head).

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 1

The scat skit was outstanding. My favorite part of the show.

I also liked the final bit in the car where Peele is talking about how R&B music nowadays is just talking about sex. 

I liked the end of Dicknanigans where they're at the doctor's. Very funny that they're wearing paper gowns over their unitards.

I didn't really care for the opening bit. It represents truth, but it seemed like a skit a high schooler would do.

The scat skit is probably the best of the season. I had wide, open mouth, fullout cackling going on while my roommates were sleeping (poor things), and the appearance from Retta was icing on the cake. 

And did y'all see Key slapping Peele's ass as they hurried after her? Too funny.

Edited by cyberfruit
  • Love 1

I thought this was a pretty good ep.

I loved the sketch about Al Qaeda and the discussion of how the geniuses of TSA have thwarted their plans.

I liked the gang one, too, esp for how Keegan was talking.

The family one was good, but my favorite was Meegan and Andre at the movies. Meegan cracks me up.

Oh, and I also liked the conversations in the car.

• Love 1

I remember reading that D'Brickashaw's mom and dad originally intended to name him DeBricassart, yes, you got it, after the priest in The Thorn Birds (!!!!!), but decided that was too lame and changed it up.

Actually, they threw some real football players in there this time! Ha Ha Clinton Dix (really, Ha Ha's mom?), Leger Douzable, D'Brickashaw Ferguson (probably the most awesomely bad actual name of a football player), Prince Amukamara, and a few others. Anyone that's not played by Key or Peele.

Edited by Kat From Jersey

Anybody catch the Super Bowl special? It's funny how K&P were mediocre in the Comedy Central holiday special, yet they were really good in an hour-long special. And the East/West intros were already good. Adding actual football players with offbeat names was icing on the cake.

That was great. The two hosts acting like they like each other but really irking each other was terrific. The press conference with Sherman discussing the Oscar shuns was outstanding, and I loved Lynch saying "Biscuits and gravy" all the time.

I noticed before the segment where Enos became sentient that he was looking at his hands instead of just flexing his biceps or whatever. Nice foreshadowing. 

Also, the news crawl at the bottom of the screen had some funny stuff, but I decided I read it later so I could pay attention to K&P.

Loved this. 

• Love 2

I actually didn't think the jokes were all that funny until the end. But I think that was the point. It was all set up for the end. It's a good bit. I wonder if it was Obama's idea to do it like that, or if he came up with the speech and then K&P worked the jokes around it.

• Love 1

I'm sure the WHCD people were pretty confounded by this sketch, but love seeing Obama getting to show his genuine ire about climate change and snow ball bullshit - something any resonable person should legitimately be mad about. Not sure about the "crazy" wrap up since people not in on the joke would dismiss the point being made. Key acquitted himself very well, I thought, considering people in the audience were literally shown scratching their head.