Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Smells Like King Spirit

I don't think the issue is just a matter of casting. It's poor writing as well. According to the show, having recurring dreams of someone you've never met and then kissing them passionately upon your first encounter makes you soulmates. 

maybe they had enough of deep and serious conversations in one of their past lives when they had a higher iq too (maybe sometime in the 50s – the 80s drop out on this, i suppose) and decided to take it easy and try to focus on the "fun part" in this one...

Edited by ian nottingham

I agree that Freya and Killian are simply lustful coworkers who happen to really dig the way the other one looks.

What exactly makes them soulmates? Have they even had a deep, meaningful conversation that has lasted more than 30 minutes? Do they share the same interests, goals and values? Nope. 

I don't think the issue is just a matter of casting. It's poor writing as well. According to the show, having recurring dreams of someone you've never met and then kissing them passionately upon your first encounter makes you soulmates. 

Naw, they're just hot.   Frankly, I'm just in the show now for the interior house sets and the promise of naked Killian and Freya having sweaty sex.    Ingrid and fish lips can keep their clothes on and take a vow of chastity, IMO. 

• Love 2

Freya/Killian soul mates is the biggest case of tell rather than show on this show. The writers think if they tell us they are soul mates every chance they get, we will all see it. But I don't. Unless what they really mean by soul mates is two people who are stuck ending up together whether they want it or not, which, IDK that could be pretty cool. They don't actually like each other but are drawn together because...well, because. How much would that suck? No matter how hard you tried to get away from this guy, it's fate, you're meant to be together.

But if the show is trying to sell me that these two are actually in love...well, it's not working. lust, sure, I imagine they would happily hump all day if they could, but have a conversation about something other than wanting each other? Have they? Growing old togeth...oh, wait, Freya can't grow old. My bad. LOL Guess it's easy to have a hot epic romance when you never pass 30.

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 1

It was definitely worse about it in S1, IMO, but I also think the show's used the "soul mate" cliche to conveniently sidestep any real elaboration on Freya and Killian as a couple.  Let alone its ongoing Triangle of Doom status up until Eva croaked, which only enhanced the relative blandness.  They're certainly pretty as hell together, but while Freya has at least gained some (a little) substance as a character over time...

That's it.  Killian's the Freya.  He's just there to look pretty and pine for his love (even via phone calls to himself that the show still hasn't explained).

Naw, they're just hot.   Frankly, I'm just in the show now for the interior house sets and the promise of naked Killian and Freya having sweaty sex.    Ingrid and fish lips can keep their clothes on and take a vow of chastity, IMO. 

thanks for a good laugh! :D  BUT except the fact that killian indeed looks like taken from an interior catalogue casting his acting is crappy enough to ruin even a potential sweaty sex scene.. no matter with whom!

That's it.  Killian's the Freya.  He's just there to look pretty and pine for his love (even via phone calls to himself that the show still hasn't explained).

i suppose the last "his" should be a "her". imo the phone call was a video recorded by himself in a "lucid" moment in which a sudden consciousness of what was going on made him take precautions for the probable case that he would slip back under her spell..

what other explanations have you been thinking of..?

• Love 1