Type keyword(s) to search

Outlander Quotes: "Je Suis Prest"

ElectricBoogaloo
  • Start Topic

Rupert: My good friend Angus, he lost his front teeth when he was naught but a wee lad. A coo kicked 'em straight down his throat. Said he didn't shite for a week for fear of being bitten.

Rupert: You big bairn. Angus would have ripped that out with his front teeth.
Fergus: He didn't have front teeth.
Rupert: He would have used his gums then.

Rupert: I decided to take a closer look at a musket ball.

Claire: I have to take out the bullet. It's a miracle it hasn't shifted into your brain.
Rupert: It's a miracle they didn't shoot me in my good eye.

Rupert: I suppose one eye's better than none.
Claire: I'll get you a black eye patch and you'll be a proper pirate.
Rupert: Pirates have eye patches?
Claire: And peg legs and a parrot.

Duke of Sandringham: Rescued from what? Rabid bears?
Claire: Highlanders.
Duke of Sandringham: Much the same thing.

Murtagh: So now we're traitors, murderers, AND horse thieves.

Claire: You have only the one servant, your grace?
Duke of Sandringham: Well, I do still have my valet. I'm afraid things are a bit tight at the moment. The cook is only here three days a week.

Claire: Why did you pretend not to recognize me? It's not that I'm not grateful, but I was afraid you'd just blurt out my real name.
Duke of Sandringham: The last thing I would do, my dear, is to blurt. How could I possibly commit such a lovely woman to the Tower? So damp. Quite took all the curls out of my wig the last time I was there.

Claire: When were you a guest at the Tower of London and for what?
Duke of Sandringham: A mere misunderstanding, I can assure you.

Duke of Sandringham: The army has virtually made a ring around my estate.
Claire: What? More soldiers than there are out front?
Duke of Sandringham: Oh my, yes. They think they're being inconspicuous but really, with those coats?

Duke of Sandringham: Gaelic? You speak that barbarous tongue?

Murtagh: Is that supposed to be Gaelic?
Jamie: No, it's just trying to be. What's that word?
Murtagh: That's not a word. The word order's all back to front.
Jamie: I'll give her lessons later.
Murtagh: She's even misspelled "help."

Duke of Sandringham: My personal favorite has you turning a broomstick into a poisonous serpent and commanding it to attack the comte!

Murtagh: I kept my word. I lay your vengeance at your feet.
Mary: I think we'd better go.

• Love 3

Colum: I was wrong. That's one of the pleasures of dying. I can finally admit my mistakes. It also makes it easier to ask for favors.

Claire: Isn't suicide a sin?
Colum: What's one more sin to a sinner?

Dougal: Black Jack Randall? We're now giving that bastard's word credence?

Murtagh: I can't believe you're encouraging this madness, all to save goddamn Frank Randall. Hasn't enough suffering been had in the name of saving that mythical prick?
Claire: Frank is neither a myth nor a prick.
Murtagh: Well, by all means then, let us hand over the lamb [Mary] to be a plaything for that twisted black-hearted wolf [Black Jack Randall].

Murtagh: I'm hardly the kind [Mary] fancies if that soft lump Alex Randall is any indication. But we could learn to get along. People do.

BJR: What kind of god creates a world where monsters thrive and beauty and purity is rewarded with poverty and death?

Dougal: It grieves me to see you so ill, brother.
Colum: Congratulations on your ability to hide it so well.

Colum: I may be dying, but I have not turned simple.

Colum: I have lived my life crippled in body. [Dougal] has lived his crippled in mind.

Colum: Your life is your own. I take no blame for it.

Jamie: I can't believe you encouraged that wee slip of a girl to become [BJR's] wife.
Claire: I encouraged her to become his widow.

Jamie: I'd take a starving highlander over a drunken British soldier any day.

• Love 1

My favorite quote -- and there are many that made me laugh and a few that made me cry -- is actually a simple one by Mother Hildegard when speaking about her advanced age in Voyager:

"Le Bon Dieu knows how much work there is still to do."

I hope that is my mentality when I am 83.

Having re-watched S1, I kept noticing Rupert in the background scenes more and more, and cracked up anew at how very put out he was about having to shadow Claire around the estate.  I love his line to her at the very end of Wentworth Prison [paraphrased slightly]:

I'm sad to see ye go, but to be honest, keeping you and Jamie out of trouble is a full time occupation. 

I had not appreciated how dry and wise he was. 

• Love 3

Frank: After eight years of rationing, I could wake up to the smell of bacon and eggs for the rest of my life.

Frank: I've said it before and I'll say it again - these [teabags] are an abomination. It doesn't even smell like tea after weeks of sitting in these little paper diapers. Why change something that works perfectly well? Tea in a tin. Scoop it out. Put it in a pot. Is it really so difficult?

Jamie: Either shoot me or go away.

Hal: Pick a driver, someone discreet, by which I mean willing to take a bribe.

Claire: I'm glad I missed you with that ashtray.
Frank: Your aim was spot on. It was my catlike reflexes that saved me.

Frank: Try not to throw an ashtray at that doctor.
Claire: I can't promise that.

Dr. Thorne: Off you go, Mr. Randall. The fathers' waiting room is down the hall and to the left. Just follow the smell of cigarettes and flop sweat.

• Love 3

Fergus: A Scot in a redcoat. You're the traitor.

Jenny: You scared the bowels out of me!

Jamie: Does it hurt much?
Fergus: A bit. Sometimes it feels warm or scratchy or hurts like it's still there. But Madame has been most generous with the whiskey. Although you know that I prefer the taste of French wine.

Jerry: What do you call this again?
Frank: It's called Eton mess.
Claire: Well, a cheerful term for a failed pavlova.

Claire: So which of Millie's talents do you think Jerry was referring to?
Frank: Well, it's obviously her encyclopedic knowledge of the complete works of Shakespeare.

Dr. Simms: The Dean informed me there was a woman in this year's incoming class. A woman and a negro. How very modern of us.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Jamie: Does it hurt much?
Fergus: A bit. Sometimes it feels warm or scratchy or hurts like it's still there. But Madame has been most generous with the whiskey. Although you know that I prefer the taste of French wine.

Aww, it warms my heart this exchange made it to the screen!

• Love 1

Claire: Is that what I think it is?
Frank: It is. A full English breakfast.
Claire: Black pudding! And bread fried in bacon fat!
Frank: Of course.
Claire: What's the occasion?
Frank: Well, Brianna came home from school the other day and asked for Eggo toaster waffles. I've decided she needs more Englishness in her life.
Claire: And your plan is what? You're going to feed the Americanness out of her?
Frank: Either that or I replace her beloved Dr. Seuss with Dickens.

Jamie: [Grey] carries himself well, shoulders square and a ramrod up his ass.
Murtaugh: The ramrod is standard issue in the British army.

Murtaugh: No more of your damn thistles. Do you think me a pig?

Jamie: I think perhaps the greatest burden lies in caring for those we cannot help, not in having no one for whom to care.

Jamie: You were a worthy foe.
Grey: If you found a 16 year old shitting himself with fear a worthy opponent, Mr. Fraser, it is little wonder the highland army was defeated.
Jamie: A man that does not shit himself with a knife held to his throat has either no bowels or no brains.

• Love 3

Usually we use this section to call-out lines we love but I want to ask a question about I line I didn't love.  In #304 Geneva says "Fetch my palfrey."  That rang SO false to me.  I read a fair amount of historical fiction and while I've heard that term (palfrey) used before, in my mind that term conjures up images of medieval knights.  Do we think that's just a pompous affectation by Geneva or did people actually use that term in the 18th century?

1 hour ago, WatchrTina said:

Usually we use this section to call-out lines we love but I want to ask a question about I line I didn't love.  In #304 Geneva says "Fetch my palfrey."  That rang SO false to me.  I read a fair amount of historical fiction and while I've heard that term (palfrey) used before, in my mind that term conjures up images of medieval knights.  Do we think that's just a pompous affectation by Geneva or did people actually use that term in the 18th century?

I've only come across this in books about the middle ages. Palfreys wouldn't have been ridden by knights--they were smaller and more delicate IIRC. I suspect this is an instance of the writers throwing in a term they think will make Outlander feel even more like a period piece. I do think palfrey came back into vogue a bit among Victorian writers (I believe Tennyson uses it), but that was because they were mad about the middle ages.

Times like this, I wish I could afford the OED.

2 hours ago, WatchrTina said:

I don't know how fashionable the term was at this time, but I do think it a sort of dd term for Geneva to use given her reckless nature. I've always known the term to be used for a small, docile horse with a smooth even gait--a horse suited for a woman to ride--not some wild steed I'd think Geneva would like to be associated with riding.

Brianna: Maybe I'm not as smart as everyone thinks I am.

Claire: We went our separate ways and I had hoped that we would be able to find each other again but fate had other ideas.
Joe: Fuck fate.

Roger: This is either the most daft thing I've ever done or the most brilliant.

Claire: Brianne and I were just-
Brianna: Yelling.

Roger: I came for an American Christmas and lobster rolls and Boston cream pie.

Brianna: What is history? It's just a story. It changes depending on who's telling it. History can't be trusted.

Claire: What I need is an honest opinion from a friend. Am I attractive? Sexually?
Joe: This is a trick question, right?

Claire: Have I changed terribly since I met you?
Joe: You're a skinny white broad with too much hair but a great ass.

Jamie: You can come out. The stench of seaweed and whiskey betrayed you.

Jamie: I trust you with my life. Trouble is, dinna trust you with your own.

Geordie: I quit! Working for a papist is one thing but working for an immoral papist is another. Do as you like with your own soul, man, but if it's come to orgies in the shop, it's come too far. God's tooth, it's not even noon.

Jamie: What did you name her?
Claire: Brianna.
Jamie: What an awful name for a wee lass.

Claire: What's he like, your son?
Jamie: Spoilt, stubborn, ill-mannered, wild, wicked temper.

I will expect a 25% increase at our next meeting.
Jamie: Then you'll be disappointed.

Claire: So, uh, you live in a brothel?

Claire: You know you have more hairs on your chest than you used to?
Jamie: No. I don't usually count them.

Claire: Do you want to tell me what it is that you do or shall I just run down the list of disreputable possibilities until I come close?

Claire: You were a traitor the last time that I knew you.
Jamie: I'm still a traitor, though I haven't been convicted lately.

• Love 2

Claire:  "I only have one question.  Did you ever fall in love with anyone else after I left?"

Jamie:  "No Sassenach.  I never loved anyone but you."

<Mic drop>

Pauline (through the door):  "Breakfast Mr. Malcolm!"

Jamie:  "Come back later, if you will."

Claire:  "Don't you want to eat?"

Jamie:  "Aye" <scootches further "south">

Me:  <giggles like a schoolgirl>

Claire (to Fergus): "Oh!  You've grown into such a handsome young man."

Fergus:  "Aye.  I have."

Me:  LOL.  J'adore new Fergus.  He WILL do.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 3

Jamie: All [the authorities] will see is that you were alone with a man that's not your husband in a brothel.

Jamie: I didn't have a say in how you and Frank brought [Brianna] up. Wearing that wretched thing you call a bikini. Even whores have the decency not to go parading about in the like.
Claire: Christ. I'd forgotten how bloody rigid this century is. A woman is either a madonna or a whore. So if Frank and I had raised Brianna to be a criminal, taught her how to be a smuggler and a traitor, then you'd approve?
Jamie: At least her virtue wouldn't have been endangered.
Claire: Says the man living in a brothel.

• Love 1

Fergus telling wee Ian about losing his virginity:

Fergus:  "I was 15 ..a ménage à trois."

Ian:  "A what?"

Fergus: "Two women...one moi!"

Edited by areca
  • Love 1

Jenny: You had my son selling liquor and consorting with criminals?
Jamie: I told you I would look our for the boy and I did. Then there was a wee fire.

Young Ian: It smells like the devil's arse.

Jamie: The lasses are not mine. I'm not their father.
Claire: Really? That little girl with the red hair?
Jamie: Well, there are other red-headed men in Scotland, Claire.

Claire: We could have secrets, but not lies.

Jamie: I need a whiskey.
Claire: You've had enough. You need liquids - water or broth.
Jamie: Whiskey's a liquid, no?
Claire: No.

Jamie: Would you please explain why jabbing needles in my ass is going to help my arm?

• Love 3

Claire (to Jamie):  “Jenny casts a very warm light on those that she trusts.  And a very cold shadow on those that she doesn’t.”

Ian (to Jenny):  “If there’s a pot o’ shite on to boil ye stir it like it’s God’s work.” 

Claire:  “Chirst, you’re burning up.  Why didn’t you say something?”

Jamie:  “I thought it was the heat of shame.”

Claire:  “You look exactly the same. What is your secret?”

Ned:   “Well, I never married.”

• Love 2

Ian: “So that’s what you were doin’, earning a wage, eh?”

Wee Ian: “Aye! And I was guid at it tiu.  Fergus said so. He said I was a natural. I sold 20 casks of brandy before we were forced to flee after the fire.”

Ian: What Fire? And why did ye have to flee?”

Jamie: “Then there was a wee fire at the print shop.”

Ian: “WEE?! You wouldna even be standing here if it was wee. There’s nothing left then?”

SILENCE

Jenny: “So that’s why ye’re home, tail draggin’, and with stray.” Looks over at Claire.

You drop back into our lives after 20 years as though nothing’s changed.”

Jamie: “Everything was fine in Edinburgh, Janet. Then an agent of the crown started extorting me.  Sent his ruffian after Claire.”

Wee Ian: “Auntie Claire killed him.  Killed him GUID!”

34 minutes ago, WatchrTina said:

Ian (to Jenny):  “If there’s a pot o’ shite on to boil ye stir it like it’s God’s work.” 

I nearly pissed myself laughing at this one - line of the episode from my perspective.  The next best being:

34 minutes ago, WatchrTina said:

Claire:  “You look exactly the same. What is your secret?”

Ned:   “Well, I never married.”

• Love 1

Captain: By rights, you and Miss MacKimmie should be bare-breasted. A woman's bare breasts calm an angry sea.

Claire: Believing something doesn't make it real.
Captain Leonard: On this ship, it does. There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.

Willoughby: Your testicles can get twisted. Most painful. The only cure is removal. But if you want to wait, that is your choice.

Marsali: You drop out of the clear blue sky, sticking your nose where it doesn't belong, ruining my family, and NOW you're minding your own business? Daddy may think you're a wisewoman, but I still think you're a whore.
Claire: Right, well, the whore should have the bigger bed then, shouldn't she?

Willoughby: A story told is a life lived.

Willoughby: I came to a place where the golden words of my poems are taken as the clucking of hens and my brushstrokes for their scratchings.

Willoughby: In not surrendering my manhood, I have lost all else - honor, livelihood, country. Sometimes I think - not worth it.

Jamie (to Marsali): “Does your mother ken?”

Marsali:  “I sent her a letter.”

Jamie:  “Then she’ll have me killed.”

Hayes: "Get back!  I have to do it!"

Jamie:  "Hold on.  If ye do jump, well, I would have to go in after ye. And if ye make me do that, then, yen ken, my wife will kill the both of us.

Marsali:  “What’s a eunuch?”

Fergus:  “I’ll tell you later.”

Jamie (in post-coital bliss):  “No matter what troubles happen around us Sassenach; this, what it is between us, never changes.”

Claire:  “It doesn’t.”

<<Hard cut to the spyglass image of the British Man-‘O-War bearing down on them.>>

Me:  “Well . . . shit”

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 1

Claire: “Of all the stuipid, foolish...”

Elias: “Madame?”

Claire: “Half the men on this fucking ship are dying of Typhoid, and this BLOODY FOOL has almost drank himself to death on the alcohol I need to stop the Goddamn fever from spreading!”

Pause.

“I'm sorry, Mr. Pound. I didn’t mean to offend your tender ears.”

Elias: “I’ve heard many such things before Madame, but not from a Gentle Woman.”

Claire: “I’m Not a Gentle Woman, Mr. Pound.”

Me:????????

Jamie: Dinna fash, sassenach. I was a wanted man when first we met.
Claire: I didn't like it much then either.

Marsali: I want to enjoy it. Fergus says he kens what to do and I'll like it find once we're past the first time. I'm just not sure that's true.

Father Fogden: And have you a name? And a cock?

Jamie: You want me to stab you in the ass with this?

Claire: You know turtle is supposed to be an aphrodisiac?
Jamie: You're very bawdy for a respectable married woman.

(edited)

Jamie: So do I look like a Scottish provocateur?
Marsali: No, you look like a dandy.
Fergus: No, he looks like a Frenchman.
Willoughby: The same thing.

Geillis: They let me hold him and he was as warm as his father's balls.

Geillis: Why are men such fools? You can lead them anywhere by the cock for a while. Give them a bairn and you have them by the balls again. But it's all you are to them - whether they're coming in or going out - a c***.

Geillis: Very unhealthy atmosphere 'tis for Englishmen in the tropics.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Ian:  “I’m no a virgin.”

Geillis: “Good. You’ll know what to do then.”

If Geillis was disappointed to learn that Ian is not a virgin imagine how disappointed she’ll be when she learns how little he knows.  Then again, he IS Jamie's kin and maybe, like Jamie, he'll be a quick study.

Lord John: (Speaking of Geillis) “She a touch strange, isn’t she?”

Claire:  “Uh, you have no idea.”

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 1

Leonard: You're quite droll for a man in irons, Mr. Fraser.

Leonard: Your Excellency, I must respectfully request that you return this man to my custody. He stands accused of murder and high treason. A warrant has been issued for him in Scotland and I am duty bound to ensure his return there to face trial.
John: Of course. May I see the warrant?
Leonard: I don't have it in my possession, Your Excellency.
John: You don't have the warrant. Then what do you have, Lieutenant Leonard? Forgive me - Captain Leonard. You must excuse my unfamiliarity with the somewhat liberal practices of the naval service insofar as conferring rank is concerned. I'm afraid the army takes a somewhat more traditional stance on these matters, preferring to grant the title of command only when it has been earned. Now as to your request, if you are unable to produce the warrant, then what have you to support your claim against this man? Surely you must have some evidence to put forward before you dispossess him of his freedom.
Leonard: A member of my crew encountered this man in Edinburgh while in the service of the Crown and can attest to the incriminating activities he saw there.
John: I see. Then I presume your witness has made an affidavit and sworn its veracity before a magistrate? May I see the affidavit?
Leonard: Having only just arrived, I've not yet had the opportunity-
John: Lieutenant - Captain, do you mean to say that you have neither warrant nor affidavit to support your claim? Surely you do not mean to arrest a British subject on nothing more than the scurrilous gossip of the lower deck.
Leonard: Your Excellency, I am satisfied as to both the validity of the charge and the identity of this man. And as a senior naval officer on the Porpoise, I am justified under the articles of war in my desire to take him into custody.
John: Indeed, captain, were he captured at sea; however, your authority ends at the water's edge which is precisely where my authority begins, and until such time as I am satisfied as to the validity of this alleged warrant, this man will retain his liberty.
Leonard: Your Excellency-
John: Thank you, Lieutenant Leonard.

• Love 2

My two favorite lines from the exchange above:

• "Surely you do not mean to arrest a British subject on nothing more than the scurrilous gossip of the lower deck.” 
  • “Your authority ends at the water’s edge, which is precisely where my authority begins"

Oh snap!  I cheered out loud.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, WatchrTina said:

My two favorite lines from the exchange above:

• "Surely you do not mean to arrest a British subject on nothing more than the scurrilous gossip of the lower deck.” 
  • “Your authority ends at the water’s edge, which is precisely where my authority begins"

Oh snap!  I cheered out loud.

So perfectly Lord John, too. 

• Love 2

Wee Ian: “I knew you’d  come Uncle Jamie. But ye left it a bit late, aye?”

Jamie: “I did, then.”

*Wee Ian sobs into Jamie’s shoulder*

Jamie: “I’m sorry, Ian.” (Gives Wee Ian a kiss). “We’re all right now, Sassenach.”

Jamie: “It’s all right,” (gently takes knife from Claire’s hand and throws it aside and cradles her against him. “Mo chridhe*  It’s all right.”

Me: ????????

*Gaelic for My Love.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

Jamie: “DAMN you, Sassenach! If you die here now, I’ll kill you!”

Me: ?? even though I don’t think I’m supposed to laugh.

And then the FEELZ with:

Jamie: “Sassenach...?” (brokenly) “Oh Thank Christ! I thought ye were dead.”

Claire: “I told you I would never leave you again.”

Jamie: “Ye scared me half tae death.”

Jamie: What it comes down to is that your cock doesn't have a conscience, but you have.

Claire: I can't help but feel sometimes that all of this could be ripped away at any moment.
Jamie: It doesn't matter, sassenach. Don't you see how small a thing death is between is? After you left me, after Culloden, I was dead. Yet all that time I loved you.
Claire: I loved you too. I never stopped.
Jamie: When my body dies, my soul will still be yours. Nothing is lost, sassenach, only changed.
Claire: That's the first law of thermodynamics.
Jamie: No, that's faith.

Claire: Do you know what lies beyond those trees?
Jamie: Aye. More trees.

Jamie: 100 pounds sterling for a single ruby, all thanks to you. The baron nearly dropped his eyeballs into your bosom, the filthy lecher. Had a right mind to challenge him over it.
Claire: Discretion is the better part of valor, though I've yet to meet a Scot who seemed to think so.

Claire: [The governor]'s much sneakier than I thought. He's practically Scottish.

Claire: So what is your Aunt Jocasta like?
Jamie: She's a MacKenzie. She's my mother's sister. I haven't seen her since I was a wee lad. She wed a John Cameron and left Leoch before my parents married.
Claire: She's never visited Lallybroch?
Jamie: Once or twice. Then John died of a flux so she wed his cousin, Hugh Cameron. Well, he was killed hunting. So then she wed Hector Cameron.
Claire: Well, she seems to have quite the taste for Camerons. Is there something special about them as a clan? Outside from being accident-prone.

• Love 2

Jocasta: You encountered a skunk, lad.
Jamie: A skunk? Is that venomous?
Claire: No, just malodorous.

Myers: You take one look at my buttocks and you'd think my daddy was a buffalo.

Claire: I don't agree with keeping people as property.
Jocasta: Are you a Quaker?

Jocasta: Jenny was right about you. You are a peculiar lass. She made mention in her letters that you were spirited, headstrong, that you're not shy to share your thoughts on any matter, versed in it or no.
Claire: The same could be said for Jenny.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Jocasta: Jenny was right about you. You are a peculiar lass. She made mention in her letters that you were spirited, headstrong, that you're not shy to share your thoughts on any matter, versed in it or no.
Claire: The same could be said for Jenny.

This is the best exchange of the episode.  I love Jenny's presence being felt by the family even though she is far away.

• Love 4
On 11/11/2018 at 10:32 AM, WatchrTina said:

This is the best exchange of the episode.  I love Jenny's presence being felt by the family even though she is far away.

I love how they somehow manage to keep in touch...despite the vagaries of 18th century mail. Auntie J. knew about Jamie's time in Paris, and of course Jamie knew about Auntie's several marriages. (I'm assuming Auntie J. knew about Jamie's OTHER marriage, but had the good breeding not to bring it up!)

• Love 1

Fiona: Roger's headed to America for a Scottish festival.
Barney: You're leaving Scotland to go to a Scottish festival?

Jamie: You're too young to be on your own.
Ian: I'll not be on my own. I'll be with you and Auntie Claire.
Jamie: You're going home.
Ian: Do you not recall that you sailed to France when you were younger than I am now? By the time you were my age, you were fighting a war.
Jamie: There may have been a war but the country was civilized. They're savages here and dangers we dinna yet ken.
Ian: Dangers we dinna yet ken? And what of those I do ken? The dangers I've already faced? I've been set upon by pirates - twice, kidnapped, thrown into a pit, sailed through a hurricane.

Roger: These are the best chips I've ever had.
Brianna: You're in America. Call them french fries.
Roger: Of course. Because that makes perfect sense.

Ian: Mr. Myers has spent time with many an Indian woman.
Myers: I don't recall as I put a number on it.

Jamie: There's a storm coming. We'll bide our time in a tavern when we reach the town. We have enough coin to put a roof over our heads.
Claire: Or perhaps a quaint brothel?
Jamie: You'll hold that over me forever, sassenach.
Claire: Not forever.

Claire: And printing?
Jamie: I can't say I loved it, but I was good at it. It kept my mind agile and my body in good strength too.

Claire: There's a phrase.that becomes important in America: "the pursuit of happiness."
Jamie: I dinna think I can be happy unless I'm a criminal. I was an outlaw when first we met and an outlaw when you returned. If it was only me, I would live as one again.

Brianna: I had no idea there were so many Scots in North Carolina.

Brianna: Ooh, I've always wanted to have my portrait done.
Roger: That makes one of us.

Brianna: I never said marriage was out of the question.
Roger: That's enthusiastic.